Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread***

7 minutes ago, tonydead said:

That's your canned answer for everything, as such also not surprised. Please do tell us what types of restrictions are keeping this show from being so much better. 

If you can't figure it out on your own, there is no way I can explain it to you.  If you want to limit it to gore, titty shots, and cuss words so be it. 

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• packersfan

• snogger

• cstu

• El Floppo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, I've really enjoyed this thread. I don't want to have to leave it. Why oh why do people need to keep revealing what happened in the comics? Why do you feel compelled to mention it?  Sure, t

My Negan costume got a lot of love (and hate) at Halloween parties over the weekend. 

All the leaders standing out in the open.   I kept waiting for Carl and Rick to have a Dr. Evil and Scott exchange from Austin Powers.  "Dad, why not just pop him.. one shot, bam!  I'll do it myself..

1 hour ago, Tusken Raider said:

I'm thinking with two near-deaths for Glen this season, there's a pretty good chance we see him get offed sometime soon. Think about it, this show is huge on foreshadowing, and Glen has had plenty of time in the spotlight recently. 

However, his storyline is pretty constant, but Maggie's screen time has been pared down a lot this year. I wouldn't be surprised if she were the one to go instead of Glen. I don't see this show moving forward with two babies in the group.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

;)

31 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

If you can't figure it out on your own, there is no way I can explain it to you.  If you want to limit it to gore, titty shots, and cuss words so be it. 

Your typical canned answer, again.  Let me spell it out for you. Here are the ratings guidelines:

D - Suggestive diolog (usually means talking about sex)

L - Course or crude language

S - Sexual situations

V - Violence

FV - Fantasy violence (Childrens programing only)

Please do tell us what which of these restrictions are keeping the writing of this show from being so much better?

Edited by tonydead
31 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Your typical canned answer, again.  Let me spell it out for you. Here are the ratings guidelines:

S - Sexual situations

V - Violence

Please do tell us what which of these restrictions are keeping the writing of this show from being so much better?

Like I said, if you can't think of any storylines that won't fly on network TV, I won't get very far explaining them to you. 

Are all your favorite shows PG or something?

Edited by ghostguy123

And in case you didn't notice (which clearly you didn't) I am not saying there are any guarantees that anything is going to be better without restrictions, but the potential is obviously there for a post apocalyptic zombie show.  If you don't see that, well, not much I can do for ya. 

21 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Like I said, if you can't think of any storylines that won't fly on network TV, I won't get very far explaining them to you. 

I didn't make the claim, you did.  Please tell us one example to support your claim.   If you're going to make claims like that you need to back them up. You can't expect readers of this thread to jump into your twisted mind. 

To answer your question it should be painfully obvious I like GOT much more than I do TWD.  GOT isn't PG. WTF is wrong with you?

1 hour ago, jamny said:

It really does get dark fast in Alexandria.

See, now this type of "complaint" I can understand and follow... One second it is full daylight..

next fully dark and they have walked maybe another couple of blocks.. :whoosh:

Edited by snogger

What was with the flashback of Rick's love interest.  They just started hitting it but he didn't know her that long.  To give a flashback at that point was strange.

Its a damn good thing Denise was able to find that book on brain surgery.  Was worried about Carl for a minute.

2 minutes ago, kentric said:

What was with the flashback of Rick's love interest.  They just started hitting it but he didn't know her that long.  To give a flashback at that point was strange.

Its a damn good thing Denise was able to find that book on brain surgery.  Was worried about Carl for a minute.

The director of the episode was on TDW and said the bullet hit Carl's cheek in such a way that bone fragments shattered and that is what put his eye out.  Guess none of them reached his brain.  

On 2/16/2016 at 7:53 PM, Mario Kart said:

The fight scene was missing a few things. First, that would never happen. Second, the parts that were missing from it were a few, "POW's" or "BANG's" or "CRASH's" or "PLOP's" or "WHACK's". These would have at least made the scene more realistic.

f70d1849d8819f6e022ddbeac713d9d8.jpg

2 hours ago, snogger said:

See, now this type of "complaint" I can understand and follow... One second it is full daylight..

next fully dark and they have walked maybe another couple of blocks.. :whoosh:

they were doing laps.  explains why they walked right down the middle of the street!

8 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

How much would you like GOT if it was PG?

Pretty much the same.  I'm a grown-### man.  I don't need to watch HBO to see boobs.  

Your argument is strange.   You honestly think that if TWD was on HBO or Showtime the characters wouldn't make such stupid decisions?

13 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Your point?

(it actually probably does, you just don't recognize it being a fanboy)

11 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

You missed the point, but ok.

As for GOT, it's probably a great show and has great writers.  Yay. 

10 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

You also missed the point.  Not surprised.

9 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

9 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

And in case you didn't notice (which clearly you didn't)  

Why are you so snarky all the time bro?  Lighten up.

29 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Pretty much the same.  I'm a grown-### man.  I don't need to watch HBO to see boobs.  

Your argument is strange.   You honestly think that if TWD was on HBO or Showtime the characters wouldn't make such stupid decisions?

So the fact that people act irrationally during a zombie apocalypse is what bothers you the kost? Can't we just accept that Rick is a #######, as said to him by Glen in their first encounter in Atlanta?

1 hour ago, kentric said:

Brain surgery? Bullet clearly came at an angle, took out an eye and ricocheted/took out a little bit of orbital bone. He was conscious when hit and said "dad".before passing out

IE: Brain not involved. Denise would be more than capable of yanking out the destroyed orb and throwing a few stitches...Carl was never in huge immediate danger from the injury itself.

6 minutes ago, The Big Guy said:

So the fact that people act irrationally during a zombie apocalypse is what bothers you the kost? Can't we just accept that Rick is a #######, as said to him by Glen in their first encounter in Atlanta?

That's not it at all.  It has nothing to do with irrationality. 

10 hours ago, tonydead said:

S - Sexual situations

V - Violence

ZS - zombie sex

• Like 1
Just now, snogger said:

:shrug: Writers/Producers already admitted they :censored: up that part..

Duh, I just got to go back and remind myself how smart these people are:

The first time they dropped the van from the bridge, the team attempted to just roll it off after loading the vehicle with a lot of extra weight on the rear end.

:lmao::cry::lmao::cry::lmao:

Yea.. Not the brightest move.. then again they were basically past the point of no return at that point so just left it in..

Most shows will have them.. heck I remember Breaking Bad having a pretty big :doh:

In an interview with Slate, showrunner Vince Gilligan acknowledged an inconsistency in the timeline of the show, pointed out by a writer:

The writer said to me: “I thought this show took place in 2007, and it’s only been a year since then, but last week you had someone mention the Osama Bin Laden assassination. How do you reconcile that?” I had to say, “Well, honestly, I don’t.”

4 minutes ago, snogger said:

Yea.. Not the brightest move.. then again they were basically past the point of no return at that point so just left it in..

Most shows will have them.. heck I remember Breaking Bad having a pretty big :doh:

Pretty big?  I think these two examples exemplify the writing and producing of these two shows pretty well.

Basic laws of physics in your life vs. death action scene >>>>>>>>> non-essential script dialog oversight.  IMO.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, kentric said:

I was wondering about that as I watched it for a couple of reasons. This was his first hookup since the wife, and she's hot as hell and seemingly dialed into the game-plan- so I get him being messed up by her idiotic demise. I also really liked the way flashbacks looked, but wondered at the time whether the flashbacks ####ed with the narrative structure too much. IMO, made the scene feel like Rick spent a bit of time just standing there kind of day-dreaming when really the death happened in split-seconds.

TWD apologists- This is not a huge thing, but just something that occurred to me while watching and am reminded of by kentric's post... curious if anybody else saw the scene the same way.

15 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I was wondering about that as I watched it for a couple of reasons. This was his first hookup since the wife, and she's hot as hell and seemingly dialed into the game-plan- so I get him being messed up by her idiotic demise. I also really liked the way flashbacks looked, but wondered at the time whether the flashbacks ####ed with the narrative structure too much. IMO, made the scene feel like Rick spent a bit of time just standing there kind of day-dreaming when really the death happened in split-seconds.

- This is not a huge thing, but just something that occurred to me while watching and am reminded of by kentric's post... curious if anybody else saw the scene the same way.

I mentioned a few pages back that that whole sequence was filmed in a way to make you think Rick or the kid was dreaming/having visions of the whole thing.. It wasn't until the kid pointed the gun at Rick that it "cleared" up..

And I think that was the producers "playing games" with us.. make you wonder right up to that point if it was just a dream/vision and in the end the kid and Mom would be saved.. :shrug:

12 minutes ago, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

The Walking Dead thread should be locked from Wednesday afternoon through Sunday night.

thursday through sunday is when the knee-jerk laughing and defending stops and the real talk begins.

for instance- was that tanker trunk actually big or not? discuss.

13 hours ago, kentric said:

That flashback was for us, the fans.  She will be missed.  And while he may not have known her that long, he likely just like the last decent piece of ### left on the planet that he had a chance with.

12 hours ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

That was not my argument at all.

And if you think GOT would be the same if it was PG, you are simply wrong. 

9 hours ago, tonydead said:

Pretty big?  I think these two examples exemplify the writing and producing of these two shows pretty well.

Basic laws of physics in your life vs. death action scene >>>>>>>>> non-essential script dialog oversight.  IMO.

Can you describe how the basic laws of physics work for a flesh eating zombie based on a comic book?