What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

ghostguy123 said:
That flashback was for us, the fans.  She will be missed.  And while he may not have known her that long, he likely just like the last decent piece of ### left on the planet that he had a chance with.
:lol:

ghostguy123 said:
Can you describe how the basic laws of physics work for a flesh eating zombie based on a comic book?
You're missing Tonydead's point.  He isn't complaining about the aspect of zombies walking around (as far as realism is concerned).  He is more interested in seeing normal life aspects of the show to follow reality.  For example, having a van fall 25 feet off a bridge and have it land on its tires or, having a bottle rocket pointed the wrong way and then have it blow up a propane tank.  That's poor writing.

You're missing Tonydead's point.  He isn't complaining about the aspect of zombies walking around (as far as realism is concerned).  He is more interested in seeing normal life aspects of the show to follow reality.  For example, having a van fall 25 feet off a bridge and have it land on its tires or, having a bottle rocket pointed the wrong way and then have it blow up a propane tank.  That's poor writing.
Or good writing, bad execution on the Production team..

Writers shouldn't get blamed for poor execution. .

If the producers can't produce what the writers wrote, they need to tell the writers to go back to the drawing board.. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
See, now this type of "complaint" I can understand and follow... One second it is full daylight..

next fully dark and they have walked maybe another couple of blocks.. :whoosh:
They've made this mistake before as well in the last season finale when Rick discovers the gate open and evidence of walkers during the day and the next moment its night time and he's running around killing them while everyone else has a powwow around a fire.

Makes me think the editors are leaving a lot on the cutting room floor that bridges these gaps, or at least I would like to think that. They have said that before such as the season 3 finale which was a jumbled mess that they just can't fit everything in to an hours time sometimes. Plus that episode in particular had some reshoots and was redone after they fired the show runner.

Makes me think the editors are leaving a lot on the cutting room floor that bridges these gaps, or at least I would like to think that. They have said that before such as the season 3 finale which was a jumbled mess that they just can't fit everything in to an hours time sometimes. Plus that episode in particular had some reshoots and was redone after they fired the show runner.
Real answer - they don't expect you to care because it's a zombie show.

Or good writing, bad execution on the Production team..

Writers shouldn't get blamed for poor execution. .

If the producers can't produce what the writers wrote, they need to tell the writers to go back to the drawing board.. :thumbup:
If the producers can't defy the laws of physics to produce what the writers wrote it's the producers fault? :lmao:

If the producers can't defy the laws of physics to produce what the writers wrote it's the producers fault? :lmao:
Not what I said.. If the writers write something that just won't work, then don't go through with it and then turn around and blame the writers.. In the end the producers/ director has final say..

In this case the writers wrote " Van falls off bridge, Carol and Daryl walk away".. and the producers, after a couple takes realized it wouldn't work.. They have two options there..

1. Ask the writers to come up with something else and/or change it yourself..

2. Do as they did and go full out "A-Team" and do it any ways..

They choose option 2. :shrug:

When reality/physics/science in the show is questioned, it's not the fact that there are zombies that is being questioned. The counter-argument to why something makes no sense being "there are zombies lolz- why should it make sense"... doesn't address the question. and yet, week in week out that's the typical counter argument. 

that aside-

I was thinking about the zombies... are they degrading/ aging over time? does their transformation keep their flesh and muscle unchanging, or- as it appears to be on the show- are they falling apart? poop aside, when they eat are they replenishing their flesh, joints, muscle? curious if the show creators have ever gone into this.

ghostguy123 said:
That flashback was for us, the fans.  She will be missed.  And while he may not have known her that long, he likely just like the last decent piece of ### left on the planet that he had a chance with.
She won't be missed for long. Abe is going to start laying pipe with Sasha and a heartbroken Rosita will strip down and throw herself at Rick, every week. 

Gotta love a show that requires another show to come on just after it to explain away the dumb stuff that happened in the preceding show.

I'm sure you guys covered it but didn't the little kid say, "Mom" twice at the end of last season...as they were sliding through the zombie herd?

But we pick up from there and the writers just ignored it?

I was just joking when I said it's bordering on those old serials where the hero was stuck on a cliff at the end and then next episode started with him standing safely on the ground with all the bad guys dead...but they've gone and embraced that mentality completely.

Love that the preacher has screwed the team at every chance...but Rick will now trust him with the savior baby...HA!

And good thing the nurse had a sopping wet rag to plug into Carrul's open head wound.

When he got shot, my son yelled, "Yes! This show finally did something cool."

I told him, "Dude...you don't expect them to kill him off do you...they saved Glenn with a dumpster that no one could fit under...he ain't dead!"

He argued until he saw Rick carrying him...then you could see the reality wash over his face.

I think the show finally lost him...we'll see if he comes in to watch next week.

Good thing they finally figured out fire kills zombies...would've been nice if they'd have worked that out before letting them out of that pit.  I would've made it the biggest zombie bonfire in history rather than play pies piper to them.

I was thinking about the zombies... are they degrading/ aging over time? does their transformation keep their flesh and muscle unchanging, or- as it appears to be on the show- are they falling apart? poop aside, when they eat are they replenishing their flesh, joints, muscle? curious if the show creators have ever gone into this.
Yes, that's why given the facts on how fast this outbreak started form what we know from both TWD and FTWD the humans left should be winning the war against the walkers already.  There weren't enough humans left to sustain fresh zombie numbers.  The vast numbers of zombies should would be non-functional by now.    Exposed to the elements the body becomes fluid after a month or so.  If a group like Rick's could just survive 6 months or so, given a number of factors, they'd soon only encounter the occasional functioning zombie.  Ricks group has currently survived 554 days.

Zombies don't poop.  The eat, they bloat, they eat, infection and parasites take over, they bloat more and eventually the gut area falls out.  We've seen plenty of zombies with this condition on TWD.

Wow, if that's word for word? :lmao:
 It may have not even been that detailed.. Check this one out..

3fca9_walking-dead-2-barn-burning-story-boards-e1345753396308.jpg

Them as they keep low.. Them as the duck... They break..  :lol:

Yes, that's why given the facts on how fast this outbreak started form what we know from both TWD and FTWD the humans left should be winning the war against the walkers already.  There weren't enough humans left to sustain fresh zombie numbers.  The vast numbers of zombies should would be non-functional by now.    Exposed to the elements the body becomes fluid after a month or so.  If a group like Rick's could just survive 6 months or so, given a number of factors, they'd soon only encounter the occasional functioning zombie.  Ricks group has currently survived 554 days.

Zombies don't poop.  The eat, they bloat, they eat, infection and parasites take over, they bloat more and eventually the gut area falls out.  We've seen plenty of zombies with this condition on TWD.
see- if tony didn't like this show, he wouldn't have given this the thought he did.

ok- so, I can imagine ignoring the bolded given that zombies don't have to follow the same rules as living flesh. also, ignoring poop because *zombies* (and understood- if the zombies MO is to eat, then what happens to what they eat should be important... but- whatever)  ... I'd still imagine the basic functioning parts- muscles, joints, tendons- that keep them walking and eating- if those degrade or are injured, then eventually no more zombies. as long as nobody dies. but TWD world has shown the worst predator is still the living.

see- if tony didn't like this show, he wouldn't have given this the thought he did.
Pfft, not to mention the dedication.   Just to fact check my browser now contains the search "how long does it take for a body to decompose in the elements".  Can someone save this thread just in case my girlfriend gets lost in the woods?  I don't want to end up on dateline.

I was wondering about that as I watched it for a couple of reasons. This was his first hookup since the wife, and she's hot as hell and seemingly dialed into the game-plan- so I get him being messed up by her idiotic demise. I also really liked the way flashbacks looked, but wondered at the time whether the flashbacks ####ed with the narrative structure too much. IMO, made the scene feel like Rick spent a bit of time just standing there kind of day-dreaming when really the death happened in split-seconds.

TWD apologists- This is not a huge thing, but just something that occurred to me while watching and am reminded of by kentric's post... curious if anybody else saw the scene the same way.
Thankfully she is dead.  Last thing I wanted was this to turn into a love story type soap opera. 

I still don't get this sentiment.

I've said many times before. Game of Thrones has fire breathing dragons, 13' tall ogres and skeletons that rise from the dead and handle swords. They are able to put together very good scripts and character development without the unbelievable eye rolling moment every 3 scenes.

I gave up on the show after the Glen dumpster shimmy but enjoy it more now that I just follow you guys here.
Gets it.  :thumbup:

Ghostguy, not so much ... just some really lazy posting

Gotta love a show that requires another show to come on just after it to explain away the dumb stuff that happened in the preceding show.

I'm sure you guys covered it but didn't the little kid say, "Mom" twice at the end of last season...as they were sliding through the zombie herd?

But we pick up from there and the writers just ignored it?

I was just joking when I said it's bordering on those old serials where the hero was stuck on a cliff at the end and then next episode started with him standing safely on the ground with all the bad guys dead...but they've gone and embraced that mentality completely.

Love that the preacher has screwed the team at every chance...but Rick will now trust him with the savior baby...HA!

And good thing the nurse had a sopping wet rag to plug into Carrul's open head wound.

When he got shot, my son yelled, "Yes! This show finally did something cool."

I told him, "Dude...you don't expect them to kill him off do you...they saved Glenn with a dumpster that no one could fit under...he ain't dead!"

He argued until he saw Rick carrying him...then you could see the reality wash over his face.

I think the show finally lost him...we'll see if he comes in to watch next week.

Good thing they finally figured out fire kills zombies...would've been nice if they'd have worked that out before letting them out of that pit.  I would've made it the biggest zombie bonfire in history rather than play pies piper to them.
Amazes me that people can complain about dozens of little things, yet miss the fact that THEY DIDN'T LET THE ZOMBIES OUT OF THE PIT! (A truck had been blocking the exit, and they saw the truck fall into the pit.)

Amazes me that people can complain about dozens of little things, yet miss the fact that THEY DIDN'T LET THE ZOMBIES OUT OF THE PIT! (A truck had been blocking the exit, and they saw the truck fall into the pit.)
Which caused them to put the pied piper plan into action a little bit early, they weren't quite done with the dress rehearsal at the time THEY WERE PLANNING TO LET THEM OUT OF THE PIT!  Amazes me people need to make a distinction between the two. 

Which caused them to put the pied piper plan into action a little bit early, they weren't quite done with the dress rehearsal at the time THEY WERE PLANNING TO LET THEM OUT OF THE PIT!  Amazes me people need to make a distinction between the two. 
It's hilarious that the idea of setting them on fire in the pit was laughed at and that's what they ended up doing.

When you decide to do a pies piper instead of lighting one of those things on fire...yes...you LET them out.

You light one up...they all swarm him and get on fire...it's a self fulfilling venture.  They don't go after the truck...they turn to fire.

Another thought...instead of using vehicles to draw them out...pile more at that one exit where the truck was falling and block it up until someone...anyone...remembers these things like fire.

One bottle full of never-congealing gas would've taken care of that entire pit.

And would've provided many more years of protection and entertainment as more fell in...but thanks for pointing out how I didn't notice something.

When you decide to do a pies piper instead of lighting one of those things on fire...yes...you LET them out.

You light one up...they all swarm him and get on fire...it's a self fulfilling venture.  They don't go after the truck...they turn to fire.

Another thought...instead of using vehicles to draw them out...pile more at that one exit where the truck was falling and block it up until someone...anyone...remembers these things like fire.

And would've provided many more years of protection and entertainment as more fell in...but thanks for pointing out how I didn't notice something.
Didn't realize that zombies were inherently highly flammable.

(Burning that horde would have required 1000X more fuel than was currently available, as well as some sort of delivery system for it (a fire truck or something))

Zombies are flammable now?

Didn't realize that zombies were inherently highly flammable.

(Burning that horde would have required 1000X more fuel than was currently available, as well as some sort of delivery system for it (a fire truck or something))
Clothes...decayed flesh...little bit of accelerant.

But carry on...you're making solid points.

Clothes...decayed flesh...little bit of accelerant.

But carry on...you're making solid points.
The mostly wet decayed flesh they always show? The small amounts of rags the zombies have? You're assuming that lighting a few on fire will spread to all of them...but it wouldn't, and many of those burnt would not be killed because once the clothes are burned off the fire would go out. It would take a LOT of accelerant...and how would they apply it? It would need to be enough to set not a few or even a couple of dozen on fire, but for that horde at least a 100 or more. How would they have applied said accelerant (which they don't have in any significant quantity)?

The idea of simply setting 10000 zombies on fire is laughable.

#1 -- At the time of the pit, they realized the blocked paths weren't going to last, thus the reason for the pied Piper plan... to save the town they needed to lead them away from town.. Which BTW was working until the Wolves attacked the city and crashed the truck into the wall, thus creating a distraction that pulled the Zombies back towards the city.

#2 -  and probably the most important part.. With limited supplies you don't just plan to use what little gas you have to burn the place down.. Otherwise, might as well just lineup on the rim with all the guns and ammo and take them out.. Worry about supplies later right?

The only reason Daryl used the gas was it was a last resort to save those in the town and therefore at that point the loss of supplies took priority over saving them..

#3 - If they had taken them out at the pit, then we'd be stuck with Sam for at least the rest of this season if not longer :X

The mostly wet decayed flesh they always show? The small amounts of rags the zombies have? You're assuming that lighting a few on fire will spread to all of them...but it wouldn't, and many of those burnt would not be killed because once the clothes are burned off the fire would go out. It would take a LOT of accelerant...and how would they apply it? It would need to be enough to set not a few or even a couple of dozen on fire, but for that horde at least a 100 or more. How would they have applied said accelerant (which they don't have in any significant quantity)?

The idea of simply setting 10000 zombies on fire is laughable.
The hell are you talking about?  They've got working vehicles everywhere...they just filled a lake with fuel.

But carry on...I guess flesh wont burn...especially dried out dead flesh that's been in a rock pit for months.

Nothing else could be done...only choice is to pied piper that mess down the road.

Unless, again...you found that the molotov cocktails didn't work...then block the exit with more vehicles until you can do something else...like tossing other items into the pit that will burn.  The pit is only surrounded by woods...but so be it.

#1 -- At the time of the pit, they realized the blocked paths weren't going to last, thus the reason for the pied Piper plan... to save the town they needed to lead them away from town.. Which BTW was working until the Wolves attacked the city and crashed the truck into the wall, thus creating a distraction that pulled the Zombies back towards the city.

#2 -  and probably the most important part.. With limited supplies you don't just plan to use what little gas you have to burn the place down.. Otherwise, might as well just lineup on the rim with all the guns and ammo and take them out.. Worry about supplies later right?

The only reason Daryl used the gas was it was a last resort to save those in the town and therefore at that point the loss of supplies took priority over saving them..

#3 - If they had taken them out at the pit, then we'd be stuck with Sam for at least the rest of this season if not longer :X
Not to mention that the amount of gas Darryl used on a hundred walkers in town was way WAY less than would have been needed for the thousands of walkers in the quarry

The hell are you talking about?  They've got working vehicles everywhere...they just filled a lake with fuel.

But carry on...I guess flesh wont burn...especially dried out dead flesh that's been in a rock pit for months.

Nothing else could be done...only choice is to pied piper that mess down the road.

Unless, again...you found that the molotov cocktails didn't work...then block the exit with more vehicles until you can do something else...like tossing other items into the pit that will burn.  The pit is only surrounded by woods...but so be it.
Ummm...they didn't have the tanker full of fuel before then...and who says all those vehicles were running? Even if they had emptied every vehicle nearby of every ounce of fuel, how would they have sprayed/delivered that fuel to the zombies?

And you must be watching a different show anyway, because the overwhelming majority of zombies spray blood when killed...they are JUICY, NOT DRY. Since burning torsos (clothes) is not itself enough to kill them, it takes a big fire to kill them by frying the brains...IE; LOTS and LOTS of accelerant.

Darryls bonfire in the lake was only a couple hundred gallons of fuel dumped no the ground, and I never assumed the fire directly killed many, but it did distract them and make it much easier to take them out (stabbing in the back of the head).

Lighting the entire quarry on fire wasn't just impractical, it was impossible given the resources on hand.

Ummm...they didn't have the tanker full of fuel before then...and who says all those vehicles were running? Even if they had emptied every vehicle nearby of every ounce of fuel, how would they have sprayed/delivered that fuel to the zombies?

And you must be watching a different show anyway, because the overwhelming majority of zombies spray blood when killed...they are JUICY, NOT DRY. Since burning torsos (clothes) is not itself enough to kill them, it takes a big fire to kill them by frying the brains...IE; LOTS and LOTS of accelerant.

Darryls bonfire in the lake was only a couple hundred gallons of fuel dumped no the ground, and I never assumed the fire directly killed many, but it did distract them and make it much easier to take them out (stabbing in the back of the head).

Lighting the entire quarry on fire wasn't just impractical, it was impossible given the resources on hand.
OK...make sense...let them roam free...let's not try to corral them or work on killing them in the pit.

Hell, if somehow fire doesn't burn, if clothes don't burn, if months old dead flesh doesn't burn, if wood, leaves and houses full of flamable items being chucking into that pit wouldn't burn...block that ONE exit.  I'd be parking vehicles at that thing for weeks.

I don't know...idiots built an entire reverse wall around an entire town...I presume there's just no way of ever building anything that could block that ONE exit...

Pied Piper is THE ONLY way.

This is the thing...if some of you diehards would just admit, yea...it was a dumb idea...obviously made so that we could have drama.

A plot device to create this insane zombie horde situation breaking down our walls while the wolves are at our door...then cool...we'd all agree.

But no...it's been years now of raining zombies, "CHiPs" style van flips and bullets to the eye survival and you people keep defending that nonsense as if it's reasonable and "makes sense" or "hey, it's a zombie show..." as some explanation for it.

I'm even OK with us just having differing opinions...but you guys keep digging in and acting like those who criticize it as people who obviously don't get the point, are too ignorant to understand the reasons for these plot devices or "just haven't been paying attention".

Even your first foray into arguing with me was to act like I didn't "realize they didn't let them out" all the while forgetting that was the damned plan in the first place.

We are beyond :deadhorse: now. .

A little over an hour so better clear your notebook for the next list of complaints.. oh the right.. we are still harping on something that happened episodes ago.. or in the case of the van seasons ago. . 

But honestly if they could lead them away it would be way better that using all the gasoline they didn't have at the time. Even then I would have taken a stab at leading them away just to save the tanker and if it didn't work throw the extremely valuable resource away only if you had too. Geez people there have been entire movies about defending one tanker of gas in the apocalypse. 

I'm in the camp that the vehicle in the background when Daryl used the RPG was just an editing mistake and NOT Negan..

So, between now and the finale have to build up the Negan apperence and the reason for his anger..

Maybe it starts tonight with the previews showIng Rick and Daryl running into some trouble?

:popcorn:

I heard there is a time jump tonight. They are a couple weeks after the last episode and trying to rebuild. They said they didn't want to spend two episodes and Ricks grieving and picking up dead bodies. Sooooooo ROAD TRIP FOR SORGHUM!

I heard there is a time jump tonight. They are a couple weeks after the last episode and trying to rebuild. They said they didn't want to spend two episodes and Ricks grieving and picking up dead bodies. Sooooooo ROAD TRIP FOR SORGHUM!
Can't wait for the "so... last week streets full of zombies this week all clear? :lol: " posts..

Users who are viewing this thread