What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Why do they even need to find a truck full of gas hiden in the woods?  They are right next to Regan National airport, shipyards, navel stations. All kinds of stuff that catches fire and blows up. 

If you really want to nitpick at something in the last episode, how about all those people standing next to each other in the battle royale sequence swinging haymakers with their hatchets, axes and other killing items and not hitting each other or being in the way of each other.

Hmmmmm someone was doing a good job of hoarding supplies.. bound to be coming back to look for them... and there be this Jesus character some have spoke of... and stole the supplies :lol:

The whole thing with Carl and Enid is strange.. the only reason I can think of for Carl NOT to off Deanna was so that the son could?

And Jesus is one heck of a Houdini getting out of those knots in the time it took for Rick and Daryl to have a short conversation and start the Van.. Which of course now is at the bottom of the lake with all the supplies :bye:

The whole thing with Carl and Enid is strange.. the only reason I can think of for Carl NOT to off Deanna was so that the son could?

And Jesus is one heck of a Houdini getting out of those knots in the time it took for Rick and Daryl to have a short conversation and start the Van.. Which of course now is at the bottom of the lake with all the supplies :bye:
Daryl did give him an aluminum can and Rick said the knots weren't very tight.

Liked the episode. Jesus guy has skills. No clue who he's with. Glad they didn't beat around the bush with Rick and Michonne for a bunch of episodes like a soap opera.

Carl basically said as much

Sheesh, Jessie dead for only a day or so, and bam!

and wait until everyone finds out Jesus is Negan?????
Two months is not a day. 

Also, in real time it has been a week. Jesse got killed last Sunday at maybe 9:40. So no matter how you want to look at it it has clearly been more than a day.

Two months is not a day. 

Also, in real time it has been a week. Jesse got killed last Sunday at maybe 9:40. So no matter how you want to look at it it has clearly been more than a day.
yeah, no idea  they went 2  months. also like the shout out to Kirkman with Carl reading Invincible

Best thread ever.  Can't wait to see tonight's show at some point tonight or tomorrow to see more brilliance.

One thing real quick though.  Tony, yeah, this show about zombies would be REALLY awesome if the true laws of physics for decaying bodies was put into effect.  There wouldn't have been a walker for like 4 seasons now.  Great show idea.  Show about zombies with no zombies.  Now THAT would be some stone cold brilliant writing.

Last edited by a moderator:
tdoss said:
OK...make sense...let them roam free...let's not try to corral them or work on killing them in the pit.

Hell, if somehow fire doesn't burn, if clothes don't burn, if months old dead flesh doesn't burn, if wood, leaves and houses full of flamable items being chucking into that pit wouldn't burn...block that ONE exit.  I'd be parking vehicles at that thing for weeks.

I don't know...idiots built an entire reverse wall around an entire town...I presume there's just no way of ever building anything that could block that ONE exit...

Pied Piper is THE ONLY way.

So do you still think the writers came up with that idea for the show because the writers legitimately thought that would be the best way to deal with that situation?

Serious question.  Do you think everything the characters do in the show is because the writers sit around and think "what would we do in that situation", and then they implement it?

Just curious.

:lmao: :lmao: At people still bringing up the van flip.

Even more :lmao: :lmao: to pin it on the writers.  I guess unless they wrote "do van flip that breaks the laws of physics".   Then yeah, blame the "writing". 

Best thread ever.  Can't wait to see tonight's show at some point tonight or tomorrow to see more brilliance.

One thing real quick though.  Tony, yeah, this show about zombies would be REALLY awesome if the true laws of physics for decaying bodies was put into effect.  There wouldn't have been a walker for like 4 seasons now.  Great show idea.  Show about zombies with no zombies.  Now THAT would be some stone cold brilliant writing.
For a zombie apocalypse to successfully threaten human existence the zombie growth needs to be exponential rather than logarithmic. But, yeah, that's not something I'd expect you or the writers to understand. 

Talking Dead blows now. Harwick in the old days would talk about how awesome it is to see Jesus. now he is a shill for fan tweets  :thumbdown:

tdoss said:
OK...make sense...let them roam free...let's not try to corral them or work on killing them in the pit.

Hell, if somehow fire doesn't burn, if clothes don't burn, if months old dead flesh doesn't burn, if wood, leaves and houses full of flamable items being chucking into that pit wouldn't burn...block that ONE exit.  I'd be parking vehicles at that thing for weeks.

I don't know...idiots built an entire reverse wall around an entire town...I presume there's just no way of ever building anything that could block that ONE exit...

Pied Piper is THE ONLY way.

Actually...further blocking of exits while working up a more reliable plan makes sense. I'm not trying to defend the pied piper strategy...I'm simply pointing out that the "burn them in the pit" strategy would NOT work.

Only odd thing for me was how Jesus got free quick enough to get on top of the truck.

Jesus is definitely not a bad guy.

Talking Dead blows now. Harwick in the old days would talk about how awesome it is to see Jesus. now he is a shill for fan tweets  :thumbdown:
It blows "now"??

I am amazed a show like that ever got the green light to begin with.  I haven't watched it in quite a while after seeing a couple episodes.   Can't imagine it somehow got any better. 

I do know this though.  I am not going to religiously watch that stupid show and then some on here and make a thousand comments about it.  Cause that would be :wall: :lmao: :shock:

Two week scavanging trips in the metro DC area, where are they going and how are they still in the Georgia backwoods?  I'd head downtown, maybe china town for some unexpired fortune cookies  

Tracking a truck on foot works 99.9% of the time for Darrel apparently. Lol.   

How old is that truck for an automatic to shift into neutral without the ignition engaged?

Spin dispensing machine with soda for people who like their soda warm and shaken.  

Ok episode. Only a couple of lol moments. Rick and Darryl running down the truck, Jesus' fighting moves, the Alexandria lady not being eaten to bits and then avoids the zombie massacre.

The Jesus character is different. Could be some good stuff there.

That flashback was for us, the fans.  She will be missed.  And while he may not have known her that long, he likely just like the last decent piece of ### left on the planet that he had a chance with.
Like I said.... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said.... :lol:
I still miss her.  Like I said, for "us".  If you don't wanna be part of us, so be it. 

http://wifflegif.com/tags/113713-alexandra-breckenridge-gifs

I am not a religious man, but I think I like this Jesus fella.  I wonder how many times he has to spare Rick and Daryl's lives before they stop tying him up.  Probably one more good one. 

And like I said, must have been a good episode by the lack of hate posts.  It's more accurate than the tomato-meter.

Users who are viewing this thread