Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread***


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • packersfan

    1666

  • snogger

    1396

  • cstu

    1183

  • El Floppo

    942

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, I've really enjoyed this thread. I don't want to have to leave it. Why oh why do people need to keep revealing what happened in the comics? Why do you feel compelled to mention it?  Sure, t

My Negan costume got a lot of love (and hate) at Halloween parties over the weekend. 

All the leaders standing out in the open.   I kept waiting for Carl and Rick to have a Dr. Evil and Scott exchange from Austin Powers.  "Dad, why not just pop him.. one shot, bam!  I'll do it myself..

The food truck storyline was like watching some degenerate, broke gambler hit the jackpot for a few hundred thousand at the Wynne, cash out, but then decide to hit parump on his way out of town where he proceeds to lose a bunch playing dollar slots and drinking cheap beer, then gets ripped off by his new gambling buddy, then chases a hooker around, then walks away with nothing. 

That may be the modus operandi for a degenerate gambler, but that's not supposed to work for some of the best post apocalyptic zombie survivors. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Franknbeans said:

I think they are foregoing a wall this time.  It's the kinder, gentler Alexandria in Deanna's memory.

Speaking of which, she looked better as a zombie.

 

Why is Rick wearing a watch?

 

set up for a Hans Gruber type send off when he finally kicks the bucket

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zow said:

The food truck storyline was like watching some degenerate, broke gambler hit the jackpot for a few hundred thousand at the Wynne, cash out, but then decide to hit parump on his way out of town where he proceeds to lose a bunch playing dollar slots and drinking cheap beer, then gets ripped off by his new gambling buddy, then chases a hooker around, then walks away with nothing. 

That may be the modus operandi for a degenerate gambler, but that's not supposed to work for some of the best post apocalyptic zombie survivors. 

Whoever said this group was the best :confused: .......Think about it..

They visit the CDC.... BOOM.. Then Herschel's farm goes up in flames.. The Prison stands while Woodbury falls, then the Prison falls.. Then they visit Terminus :bye:
Alexandria Almost goes to hell, and most of the original inhabitants are dead.. 

Rick and Company, bringing death and destruction wherever they go since 2010 :thumbup:

Edited by snogger
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 3C's said:

According to the TWD wiki page they're in a development called Alexandria which is near Alexandria VA.

"Alexandria was a planned neighborhood outside of Alexandria, Virginia, near Washington, D.C.."

And a kind of interesting story on the actual "Alexandria" where they're filming. http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/27/walking-dead-you-can-live-alexandria

The paragraph just prior to the one you quoted says Alexandria is a walled-off community located in Alexandria, Virginia.  The comic version puts it 6 miles from DC.  That would make it just north of downtown Alexandria.  In the comics they often sent scavengers into DC for supplies, which makes sense.  Apparently the TV show doesn't have the budget for that.  Regardless, there aren't any woodlands anywhere near where the TV show claims them to be.  So I guess we just pretend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, tonydead said:

The paragraph just prior to the one you quoted says Alexandria is a walled-off community located in Alexandria, Virginia.  The comic version puts it 6 miles from DC.  That would make it just north of downtown Alexandria.  In the comics they often sent scavengers into DC for supplies, which makes sense.  Apparently the TV show doesn't have the budget for that.  Regardless, there aren't any woodlands anywhere near where the TV show claims them to be.  So I guess we just pretend.

What's odd is that a highly rated TV show can't find money in their budget for sets that resemble DC. This show is basically AMC's bread and butter at the moment and they can't come up with enough cash for a few buildings that look like something in DC? Maybe instead of making FTWD, they could have put more money into TWD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tonydead said:

The paragraph just prior to the one you quoted says Alexandria is a walled-off community located in Alexandria, Virginia.  The comic version puts it 6 miles from DC.  That would make it just north of downtown Alexandria.  In the comics they often sent scavengers into DC for supplies, which makes sense.  Apparently the TV show doesn't have the budget for that.  Regardless, there aren't any woodlands anywhere near where the TV show claims them to be.  So I guess we just pretend.

Execs gotta get paid:

Quote
2014 Executive Compensation Compensation vs. Performance (1-Year % Change)
     
Total Compensation 1-Year % Change   CEO Compensation Stock Return Revenue Return on Equity Net Income
$53,106,256
163.97 %
  323.00% 17.11% 36.67% 0% -10.30%

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

What's odd is that a highly rated TV show can't find money in their budget for sets that resemble DC. This show is basically AMC's bread and butter at the moment and they can't come up with enough cash for a few buildings that look like something in DC? Maybe instead of making FTWD, they could have put more money into TWD.

exploring the White House and all of the underground tunnels in DC would have been awesome

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

What's odd is that a highly rated TV show can't find money in their budget for sets that resemble DC. This show is basically AMC's bread and butter at the moment and they can't come up with enough cash for a few buildings that look like something in DC? Maybe instead of making FTWD, they could have put more money into TWD.

This is par on AMC's course.  They constantly do this.


Remember the episode of Breaking Bad where they hunt a fly in the meth lab.  Thanks AMC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Donny Loved Bowling said:

I was under the impression that Alexandria was the name of the housing development, not the town. Like Woodbury?

This would make even more sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Parrothead said:

I think Daryl has a crush on Jesus

Jesus is just alright with me.

4 hours ago, 3C's said:

According to the TWD wiki page they're in a development called Alexandria which is near Alexandria VA.

"Alexandria was a planned neighborhood outside of Alexandria, Virginia, near Washington, D.C.."

And a kind of interesting story on the actual "Alexandria" where they're filming. http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/27/walking-dead-you-can-live-alexandria

thanks for ruining it.  I just assumed this was Alexandria, Alabama

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MattFancy said:

What's odd is that a highly rated TV show can't find money in their budget for sets that resemble DC. This show is basically AMC's bread and butter at the moment and they can't come up with enough cash for a few buildings that look like something in DC? Maybe instead of making FTWD, they could have put more money into TWD.

they had no problem shooting in Atlanta..  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Canadian Newspaper Compliments ‘The Walking Dead’ On Its ‘Profound Idiocy’

"The Walking Dead has always been idiotic. Or, to put it another way: The Walking Dead has always enjoyed the fruits of its generous idiocy. It’s a matter of committing to a fault so completely that you begin to make the most of it. No doubt there are more sophisticated means to drama available to the prestige-TV writer; the series, however exciting it may be, will never boast the seriousness of, say, Breaking Bad — a show whose thrills were subordinate to its themes instead of the other way around.

What we find maddening about the Walking Dead is that its efforts to scare and exhilarate are so transparently trumped up and sensational. It has no use for subtlety. It’s a thrill-first enterprise, like an amusement-park ride, and there’s no reason for us to demand of it a higher aspiration."

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

Canadian Newspaper Compliments ‘The Walking Dead’ On Its ‘Profound Idiocy’

"The Walking Dead has always been idiotic. Or, to put it another way: The Walking Dead has always enjoyed the fruits of its generous idiocy. It’s a matter of committing to a fault so completely that you begin to make the most of it. No doubt there are more sophisticated means to drama available to the prestige-TV writer; the series, however exciting it may be, will never boast the seriousness of, say, Breaking Bad — a show whose thrills were subordinate to its themes instead of the other way around.

What we find maddening about the Walking Dead is that its efforts to scare and exhilarate are so transparently trumped up and sensational. It has no use for subtlety. It’s a thrill-first enterprise, like an amusement-park ride, and there’s no reason for us to demand of it a higher aspiration."

 

:yawn:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattFancy said:

Canadian Newspaper Compliments ‘The Walking Dead’ On Its ‘Profound Idiocy’

"The Walking Dead has always been idiotic. Or, to put it another way: The Walking Dead has always enjoyed the fruits of its generous idiocy. It’s a matter of committing to a fault so completely that you begin to make the most of it. No doubt there are more sophisticated means to drama available to the prestige-TV writer; the series, however exciting it may be, will never boast the seriousness of, say, Breaking Bad — a show whose thrills were subordinate to its themes instead of the other way around.

What we find maddening about the Walking Dead is that its efforts to scare and exhilarate are so transparently trumped up and sensational. It has no use for subtlety. It’s a thrill-first enterprise, like an amusement-park ride, and there’s no reason for us to demand of it a higher aspiration."

Pretty much.. The show has been basically the same for 6 seasons now..For those that keep watching hoping it will change well..

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.M7bddf14867f3cb9ae622b5d5d8cc72c8o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, The General said:

Fan speculation that is pretty crazy. Big ### giant spoilers: don't click if you don't like people talking about spoilers

That is a real stretch. A really big stretch. I still think it happens as in the comics. No reason not to.

For those complaining that this is the same show over and over again, assuming that it is (as it has been) mostly following the comics, then there are new things coming. I'm really excited about the next season or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

That is a real stretch. A really big stretch. I still think it happens as in the comics. No reason not to.

For those complaining that this is the same show over and over again, assuming that it is (as it has been) mostly following the comics, then there are new things coming. I'm really excited about the next season or two.

The producers/writers said in an interview a few weeks back that they were going to take a hard left turn from the comics.. :oldunsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MattFancy said:

Canadian Newspaper Compliments ‘The Walking Dead’ On Its ‘Profound Idiocy’

"The Walking Dead has always been idiotic. Or, to put it another way: The Walking Dead has always enjoyed the fruits of its generous idiocy. It’s a matter of committing to a fault so completely that you begin to make the most of it. No doubt there are more sophisticated means to drama available to the prestige-TV writer; the series, however exciting it may be, will never boast the seriousness of, say, Breaking Bad — a show whose thrills were subordinate to its themes instead of the other way around.

What we find maddening about the Walking Dead is that its efforts to scare and exhilarate are so transparently trumped up and sensational. It has no use for subtlety. It’s a thrill-first enterprise, like an amusement-park ride, and there’s no reason for us to demand of it a higher aspiration."

 

no ####

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snogger said:

Nothing new.. in fact I brought it up last week.. albeit in the walking dead comic book thread ;)

That could be disastrous if they leave out the best Negan stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Negan Negan Negan Negan.

Negan?  Negan Negan!  Negan Negan Negan Negan Negan Negan Negan Negan.

"Negan Negan Negan Negan Negan Negan, Negan Negan.  Negan Negan", Negan Negan .  

Negan, Negan Negan Negan? Negan Negan Negan Negan Negan, Negan Negan Negan Negan Negan.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be highly surprised if that vehicle in the background was on purpose...with the level of production this show has shown, I think it's more likely just an error.

Last episode had Carul's eye bandage changing over and over again while they were in the woods...I noticed it because I was trying to notice if they covered the cheekbone since that was supposed to be what blew out his eye...not a direct hit from the bullet.

Except there's this image that shows it pretty much as a direct hit:

Image result for carl eye walking dead

I guess we should just be happy they got the right eye with the bandage with each different camera angle of that scene in the woods.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Missed it on Sunday and watched an on-demand replay last night. Normally my wife does something else Sunday when I watch it, last night she hung around a watched it with me. All night I was getting the eye ball look of "Really, you watch this #### every Sunday night? Is it always this bad?" 

looks like I'm not making her a fan anytime soon. Horrible episode 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, flapgreen said:

That could be disastrous if they leave out the best Negan stuff. 

No one said they are leaving any of it out.. just the *who he introduces himself to..
Could all be a red herring and the writers/producers are just playing games in the media to keep us wondering.. :shrug:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent enough episode. The son looking for the mom was probably the best part with Rick knocking that ### coming in second.

They need to man Coral up a bit.  The "daddy's cowboy hat on the son" looks cute for a 8 year old....for a 6 foot tall teenager, it looks douchey. 

Looks like they're making this cat Jesus out to be the new "redneck ninja".  That can't bode well for our resident redneck. 

Show feels real uneven. Sometimes it's very much one of the best things on television....and sometimes it's so comical and trite it's painful.  The real talent of the writers on the show is that they can accomplish this on the same episode. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

Decent enough episode. The son looking for the mom was probably the best part with Rick knocking that ### coming in second.

They need to man Coral up a bit.  The "daddy's cowboy hat on the son" looks cute for a 8 year old....for a 6 foot tall teenager, it looks douchey. 

Looks like they're making this cat Jesus out to be the new "redneck ninja".  That can't bode well for our resident redneck. 

Show feels real uneven. Sometimes it's very much one of the best things on television....and sometimes it's so comical and trite it's painful.  The real talent of the writers on the show is that they can accomplish this on the same episode. 

 

As I mentioned above .. The Rick/Daryl/Jesus moments were a combination of Luke & Bo + Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid + Rick & Daryl .. If you look at it that way I think worked.. Just turn off your brain and  :lol: along with them..

They have done this from time to time throughout the 6 years.. Follow-up an intense episode with mostly humorous moments. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2016 at 10:53 AM, MattFancy said:

What's odd is that a highly rated TV show can't find money in their budget for sets that resemble DC. This show is basically AMC's bread and butter at the moment and they can't come up with enough cash for a few buildings that look like something in DC? Maybe instead of making FTWD, they could have put more money into TWD.

They can't even afford to give Jesus a realistic beard. Did they borrow that from MacGruber?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...