What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (6 Viewers)

If this show doesn't end with Eugene finding a cure and Rick declaring himself president of the world, I'm going to be pissed.

"how many walkers have you killed?"  Fantastic way to really find out if someone's a potential friend or foe.

How did Rick and Daryl get Jesus back to the car?

They lost the van in the river and knocked out Jesus before he could walk across it.

So...did they just fireman carry his @zz back to the car?

tdoss said:
How did Rick and Daryl get Jesus back to the car?

They lost the van in the river and knocked out Jesus before he could walk across it.

So...did they just fireman carry his @zz back to the car?
Good question. Only answer I have is that it might not have actually been all that far. We don't know how close the gas station was to the place they found the truck, and Jesus seemed to drive the truck back in that same direction when he took off. He is a scrawny guy :shrug:

I like the series and have never posted a nitpick about this show. But the whole "drive back a different way and put everything else before getting the truck back" thing just really bothered me.
It's just another example of Rick being the stupidest person left on the planet. 

I thought the most annoying thing was that there just happened to be a thing of toothpaste in the truck just sitting right there in the open in front of Rick. 

Just kidding. All these things don't really annoy me (much).  They just make me chuckle to myself. 

what makes me chuckle is things like Coral being an emo biznitch, or glenn escaping death twice in unbelievable fashion, or Abe just being Abe, or Rick nailing every peice of ### on the show, or walls with barricades on the outside, or baby monitors and electricity, or pied piper leading 200k zombies down the street, or the fact they haven't murdered the preacher and morgan for being worthless, or some scumbag wolf sacrificing himself at the end to save someone else going against every fiber of his being to that point.   SANCTUARY!  lets go there i'm sure its really safe.    you know, little things like that.

but i love the show and don't care

what makes me chuckle is things like Coral being an emo biznitch, or glenn escaping death twice in unbelievable fashion, or Abe just being Abe, or Rick nailing every peice of ### on the show, or walls with barricades on the outside, or baby monitors and electricity, or pied piper leading 200k zombies down the street, or the fact they haven't murdered the preacher and morgan for being worthless, or some scumbag wolf sacrificing himself at the end to save someone else going against every fiber of his being to that point.   SANCTUARY!  lets go there i'm sure its really safe.    you know, little things like that.

but i love the show and don't care
It's a quality B-level tv show.

I thought the most annoying thing was that there just happened to be a thing of toothpaste in the truck just sitting right there in the open in front of Rick. 

Just kidding. All these things don't really annoy me (much).  They just make me chuckle to myself. 
In that same vein...I was bothered by the way Jesus was put in the back seat of the car.

The purposeful way he was setup in the middle of the seat so Rick could tilt the wheel and bob his head onto Daryl just bothered me.

But they always do stuff like that...just gotta pretend it away...

In that same vein...I was bothered by the way Jesus was put in the back seat of the car.

The purposeful way he was setup in the middle of the seat so Rick could tilt the wheel and bob his head onto Daryl just bothered me.

he wanted them to make out

he wanted them to make out
Messing with Daryl is one of the best things that Rick does.  Planning things is one of the worst things that he does.  Maybe they should get him a clown wig and dress him up like carrottop, it would reflect a better outcome over Sheriff Rick for sure.

This can't be real. There's just... no way.

This can't be real. There's just... no way.
Seriously...as soon as the scene started, I wondered, "Why is he crammed all up against Daryl and not up against the window?"

What man wants another strange man hugged up on him?

Then the cute crap started with Rick tilting the wheel and you see why...just convenience.

I know it's dumb...just being honest.  I think anyone who just caused you this much grief and especially since Daryl was acting as if he hated him...would've bumped his @zz over to the end of the seat at the beginning or tossed him in the trunk.

Seriously...as soon as the scene started, I wondered, "Why is he crammed all up against Daryl and not up against the window?"

What man wants another strange man hugged up on him?

Then the cute crap started with Rick tilting the wheel and you see why...just convenience.

I know it's dumb...just being honest.  I think anyone who just caused you this much grief and especially since Daryl was acting as if he hated him...would've bumped his @zz over to the end of the seat at the beginning or tossed him in the trunk.

No, I meant your post.  If someone needs to explain to you why they were sitting that way well then... I just don't know.  No worries. 

No, I meant your post.  If someone needs to explain to you why they were sitting that way well then... I just don't know.  No worries. 
I don't follow...you mean as soon as you saw them in the backseat, you knew it was as setup for Rick to tilt the wheel for the giggles?

There are many silly complaints I have read in this thread that are simply just idiotic to complain about that are likely just complaints to try and sound funny.  Like the lawns.

One of the more recent complaints now if that Alexandria isn't really shot in the real town of Alexandria, so now landmarks that we see are not the actual real life city of Alexandria. JFC.  Easily the worst/dumbest complaint in this 629 page thread. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume it was that you don't leave some guy you don't know in the seat behind you by himself.

Not my point...I'm saying...look at that scene.  They put Jesus in the middle of the back seat.

And put Daryl right beside him...most people would've pushed his @zz over to the end of the seat...not mounted him right up against yourself, especially after he's caused you so much trouble and you hate him.

I don't normally want to snuggle up with someone I hate.

Its just convenient placement...just so they could do the tilt/head bob...if they'd have placed him like most people would (all the way to the end or in the trunk), Rick wouldn't be able to do that stupid cute scene moment.

It's a small gripe...like I said, in the same vein as the other complaint.  Its all the convenient nonsense that happens that makes you go, damn.

They pulled out with the van and left the car behind...my son yells out, "WHY?  Why leave the car behind?!"

I said, "Plot device...watch...it's the only reason to do something that dumb."

The whole show is just one giant string of plot devices regardless of reason...so even the little stuff stands out to me after a while.

They even place tire streaks on the road to explain why they're able to track this truck down the road...did you see those streaks...it was insane, if a vehicle was leaving that much rubber on the road, they'd be running on rims in less than a mile.  But it was so they could "explain" how they tracked the van.  Seems more reasonable to just track it by leaves and dirt being displayed.  It's like they've forgotten that there's been no vehicles running on those roads in months...the entire roadway system would be covered in dirt, dust, leaves, etc...you don't need to paint tire streaks to show how these guys tracked it.  Especially since they've tracked things so well in the past that they could probably track a butterfly by the displacement of air.

You tie a guy up and want to leave him...so instead of just pulling off...you twirl your keys and take a moment.  And I'll be damned if anyone is looking back to see the guy in the mirror or out the window...right...come the hell on.  You'd watch that guy for the next mile as he disappeared behind you...but again, it's convenient ignorance and design.

I wasn't really posting my gripe about Jesus' placement to start an argument...it was really just to back up the other poster talking about the small things that bothers him from time to time.

And Walt really blew off Gus's face with a wheelchair bomb and he walked out with half his face off.

It's fiction, deal with it

And of course the ####### alien was her ####### father, it makes way more sense to train deep oil drillers to be astronauts than astronauts to be drillers, and there really are magical bookshelves in space!

What a ridiculous over-analysis of the truck scene. So the writers put a scene in for some comedy (back seat). Why not, it's a dark show at times, some levity can break that up. Did it need it? :shrug: But did it ruin the episode? :no:

This isn't a show about a bunch of people always doing the correct or smart thing. It's a show about flawed people who make mistakes, do dumb things and often pay the price. And sometimes for drama the writers put some ridiculous escape scenes like Glen (x2). For each of those silly escapes, there is probably a corresponding scene of a known character being eaten/killed. At this point, everyone knows what the show is. It's silly to watch hoping it becomes something you want it to be. I like it as it is, and am ok with the flawed characters, even when they are flawed due to writers' choices.

Users who are viewing this thread