What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

A jail cell much like he was kept in in the woods.. You'd think after Allowing the Wolves to live, only to attack Rick.. Then attack the city, which basically brought it down to it's knees Morgan would have changed.. But no.. We need to be nice and ask.. Writers really ruined a great character with this PC crap. :thumbdown:
I think we're setting up for a "Morgan Snaps" moment where he comes to grips with the world he's in. 

Abraham is definitely feeling himself.    Rosita prolly an offdee 9 in Alexandria.  No way I'd let her out of my stable.  
Yeah I can appreciate the Sasha Like but Rosita is off the chains hot. Seriously bad call by Abraham there.

Another terrific episode. The back half of this season has been outstanding so far. I haven't read the whole thread since last night but Glenn being the only one who saw the photos of the bashed in heads could be one rather ginormous foreshadowing of things to come. 
:eek: :goodposting:

had to laugh, around 55 minutes in, thinking "that was entirely too easy". 

any chance Negan isn't a dude?

Good episode. Cool background music / sounds. Like the Priest role expanding. 

Cant believe one of Rick's plans is going sideways.

ya they would be a formidable tandem now 
Whoever has the higher body count that day gets to bang Lori that night.

The scene with Father Gabriel was terrific. He's going Full Rick. All that's missing is him having someone's blood all over him every other day of the week. 

I've said it before but one of my favorite things about this show is if you remove the context and just list the stuff the group has done they look like complete and total savages with no regard for human life. That's a great line the show walks with them in terms of having them be the "heroes" of the story despite all the atrocities they've committed. 

Why are dingle berries brown?  Cause that's the way #### is.  
This was the only part of the show that I thought was stupid.  Dingle berries?  That's the best line they could come up with?  FFS.

Totally awesome episode.  Almost top to bottom good.

Did you not see the grow room?  That indica son

:goodposting:

I totally enjoyed the episode, putting aside the short-sighted idiocy of the "plan"... which, I guess, was maybe better than the pied piper.

super minor quibble- the grow-room... can't grow it outside? worried about the DEA?

Faster harvest controlling the cycle of lights, more control over pests and environmental factors effecting quality (temp).  Control. 
Probably not worth using up the electricity from wherever they are getting it though (gas generator or solar panel).

I totally enjoyed the episode, putting aside the short-sighted idiocy of the "plan"... which, I guess, was maybe better than the pied piper.super minor quibble- the grow-room... can't grow it outside? worried about the DEA?
Thought it was as good of a plan as they could come up with, but...

- were they prepared to kill women and children?

- when there weren't women did they not realize that something was amiss?

- when concocting this plan why did Rick assume this was their only base and where Negan lived?

- if there were other bases did it not occur to Rick that Negan has many communities to recruit fighters from and could overwhelm their tiny squad?

I totally enjoyed the episode, putting aside the short-sighted idiocy of the "plan"... which, I guess, was maybe better than the pied piper.
This, solid episode, the only major complaint that flowed over from last week:  No intel or recon to figure out what they are dealing with before going in.  That totally left open the backdoor open and led to Carol and Maggie getting nabbed.  Also, not convinced they were starving enough to go killing for food yet if it's still possible to forage for enough supplies to make cookies.

Loved the moral dilemma proposed by all the unprovoked killing.

I don't know if I've ever seen so much violence on a TV show as last night, it was awesome.
the prison knifing scene on breaking bad,  might be the most graphically violent thing i've ever seen on tv.   Or the entire series of "the Shield"   check those out

The one thing that annoys me pretty much every time is that stabbing someone in the friggin skull is not that easy. It's bone, not an eggshell. 
They went in through the eyeball on most of the sleeping people.  But, yeah, there were a couple of walker type paper mache skull kills too. 

the prison knifing scene on breaking bad,  might be the most graphically violent thing i've ever seen on tv.   Or the entire series of "the Shield"   check those out
Body count on TWD was higher than BB, I think.  But that was also ultra violent.  The tension for me was just incredible on last night's ep with all the sneaking around and stuff.  I was expecting a snoozer ep while they talk about how they're gonna do it and some reconnaissance (like some are saying they should of), so pleased they got right into the action.

Dead Flight 462, how does an air marshal not know to go for the triangle kill shot?  Same mistake they made when the swat team was shooting zombies outside the hospital.

This, solid episode, the only major complaint that flowed over from last week:  No intel or recon to figure out what they are dealing with before going in.  That totally left open the backdoor open and led to Carol and Maggie getting nabbed.  Also, not convinced they were starving enough to go killing for food yet if it's still possible to forage for enough supplies to make cookies.

Loved the moral dilemma proposed by all the unprovoked killing.
Negan's men were going to kill Daryl, Abe, and Sasha and then they found out about Negan killing innocent people from Hilltop. More than enough for casus belli.

I liked the guy who fought with Abraham.  Guy was probably going to have a #### in the middle of the night and had a knife with him.  Cuz who knows in the zombie apocalypse, you take a knife to go ####, for the same reason that dingleberries are brown. 

Still bone there, Hippocrates. 
hippo+2.jpg

had to laugh, around 55 minutes in, thinking "that was entirely too easy". 

any chance Negan isn't a dude?
He's a guy and he's already been cast.

Whoever the chick is talking to Rick at the end isn't Negan
Not only NOT Negan.. Pretty sure not part of Negan's group either..
Remember how afraid the guy was of Daryl and how they were running from another group? My guess is they escaped from Negan's grasp and are trying to survive.. Now they see Ricks group take out some of Negan's group and see an advantage to helping themselves..

Much like stealing Daryl's Cycle. :)

Thought it was as good of a plan as they could come up with, but...

- were they prepared to kill women and children?

- when there weren't women did they not realize that something was amiss?

- when concocting this plan why did Rick assume this was their only base and where Negan lived?

- if there were other bases did it not occur to Rick that Negan has many communities to recruit fighters from and could overwhelm their tiny squad?
As far as anyone knows it's all dudes.. The only people Hilltop has seen is guys coming up to the Hilltop, as well as Guys at the Outposts.. Of course your mind says.. where there are dudes there are dudettes.. but then again.. Maybe they don't swing that way .. NTTIAWWT

And for the Bold part.. that will be the kicker in the next week or two.. That this wasn't the "Negan Hideout" just one of his outposts.. But again, Hilltop has only been to this one Outpost so from their view point this was it..

My overall guess.. They will spend the next one or two episodes getting to know this group that kidnapped Carol and Maggie.

They will be under the impression they've taken care of Negan's crew.. until he shows up at their doorstop.. :oldunsure:

Remember how afraid the guy was of Daryl and how they were running from another group? My guess is they escaped from Negan's grasp and are trying to survive.. Now they see Ricks group take out some of Negan's group and see an advantage to helping themselves..

What about them talking to the guy on the motorcycle with a walkie talkie?

What about them talking to the guy on the motorcycle with a walkie talkie?
It is possible they are part of Negan's group.. but I'm just going back to the two who stole Daryl's Cycle.. before they stole it they ran with Daryl to hide from the guys in the truck hunting for them.. IMO those were Negan's guys.. Now it is possible Negan's group found those two, killed them and took the cycle..
But my feeling is this new group are survivors of a Negan attack and are "scavengers" now trying to survive and escape Negan's grasp.

This preview for next week has a better view of the Kidnappers

and IMO some of the comments they make and the way they are acting makes me think they are not part of Negan's Group. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is possible they are part of Negan's group.. but I'm just going back to the two who stole Daryl's Cycle.. before they stole it they ran with Daryl to hide from the guys in the truck hunting for them.. IMO those were Negan's guys.. Now it is possible Negan's group found those two, killed them and took the cycle..
But my feeling is this new group are survivors of a Negan attack and are "scavengers" now trying to survive and escape Negan's grasp.

This preview for next week has a better view of the Kidnappers

and IMO some of the comments they make and the way they are acting makes me think they are not part of Negan's Group. :shurg:
Yeah, makes a lot more sense after watching that.  That must have been their guy they had on the inside that was reporting back and probably called them for help when the raid started.

Interesting.  The old woman standing behind her doesn't look like someone who would be part of a Negan scout team, based on the biker gang and the guys in the outpost.  They were all dirty looking too.  Negan's guys seemed like they had shower facilities, etc.  

I like how Rick's group has evolved: Initially "We don't kill the living". Then, we just kill to defend ourselves. Now, we will kill those who would have come after us. The next step is where the Savior's currently are which is we will kill just to get what we want. My biggest takeaway from Glenn seeing the pictures of the trophy kills was not that it made it easier for him to kill that guy, but how Rick's group was very similar to the Saviors, that they were killing in just the way that the trophy guy had pictures of.

I also go back to the 3 questions:

How many walkers have you killed?

Have you killed the living?

Why?

The why for Rick's group is something that is evolving.

Ricks team is killing for food. Pretty much same as the saviors. I don't see much of a difference.
The difference is small but there, at least in their minds..

They sat back and waited to be attacked by the Gov, the wolves and getting suckered into Terminus.. So, knowing the history of Negan, they've decided to take the fight to them instead of waiting for the fight to come to them.

At least that is their justification :shrug:

Seems that Ricks group has become the Wolves. "We need to eat and we're willing to kill for it".

.... but it's ok to kill because these are BAD people. No women or children ... and photos of the killers victims to cement the fact that they are bad. That was ideal.

and does it bother anyone else that they drive crappy gas guzzling jalopies (and 1978 RV) when they could take any car or RV they want?

Loved the first season ep where Glenn took the new Dodge Charger and drove the wheels off it.

Seems that Ricks group has become the Wolves. "We need to eat and we're willing to kill for it".

.... but it's ok to kill because these are BAD people. No women or children ... and photos of the killers victims to cement the fact that they are bad. That was ideal.

and does it bother anyone else that they drive crappy gas guzzling jalopies (and 1978 RV) when they could take any car or RV they want?

Loved the first season ep where Glenn took the new Dodge Charger and drove the wheels off it.
As Snogger said above, Rick's argument are that these are BAD people who will eventually find their way to Rick's haven.  Better to get them when they don't expect an attack than to wait for the BAD people to jump them.  Makes sense in a barbaric, zombie-filled world sort of way.

It's not even a preemptive strike.  Negan's crew already kicked off the hostilities with Sasha and co.  They're just returning fire.  The only real problem is that they're a bit overconfident going in.

Rick standing the church framed in the center of the stained glass window was a great shot.

Not exactly subtle :) but a great visual shot. 

So Rick's people had a great plan that would solve a problem but the plan didn't work and/or one or more complications screwed everything up?

How original.

Ricks team is killing for food. Pretty much same as the saviors. I don't see much of a difference.
I had thought while watching last week why not just kill the easy targets at hilltop and take all their food/supplies. I guess they can kind of justify the killings being the bikers may have killed daryl and crew a few days earlier.

Honestly, the WHY of Rick's group is interacting with Neegan's group has changed from the comics to the show, and I personally think it ruins the show a bit.  By attacking a group that really hadn't done much to them personally... and not just attacking them, murdering them in their sleep... it has totally altered the moral compass of the Alexandrians.  I can't say I approve.  I really don't feel like you can root for Rick and Co if this is how they are going about things.

ETA: So picture/trophies by a guy's bed doesn't gloss over murdering people while they sleep imo

Users who are viewing this thread