What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (6 Viewers)

I guess most know that Neegan's "Shot heard round the world" is coming up.  I have to imagine that there either has to be a real world reason as to why he picks whichever victim he picks or a story driven reason.  Not to get too spoilery, but the comic event seemed random.....and that's something that I don't think the show does. So, I don't think it will be Eugene or Carl or Michonne or anyone else who would be considered random.

To that, a real world reason would put either Rick (because he's the leader and it makes no sense to leave a leader like that alive) or Daryl, as he was the one who blew up the motorcade (I'm going on the assumption that the car in the background wasn't an error, thus allowing someone to let it come out that Daryl did it). To me, that would take balls that the show doesn't have.

To that, it's going have to be someone who they're setting up with a "potential to grow" storyline.....so it's either Abraham, Glenn or Maggie....and to that, since they've pimped this "you need to be the leader" angle with Maggie.....I think it's got to be Glenn. 

Why do people insist on throwing out spoilers from the comics?
I know it's pretty much all out there now as far as the big thing in this arc, but I agree (and am a comics reader myself). Things from the comics that haven't happened should be in spoiler tags.

They have pretty much teamed up with the people at Hilltop with trading for survival purposes.   Negan is stealing from Hilltop, stealing food they all need for survival, aka, stealing food from Rick's group.  In this world, you die for that.

As far as killing them when they sleep, the point of that is WINNING.  What, you want them to wake them up to have a fair battle?  You sir, would not be alive at this point in the show
maybe we just agree to disagree then. Good luck taking 15-16 people, with maybe 4 who have ever killed a living person, and coming out of that well. Pretty sure that option would have you dead in real life. i guess the idea this is a TV show has all of us believing. Maybe these armed men would literally walk out onto a ledge to get surprisingly shot after the 8 dudes in front of them did the same thing. 

Good luck Rambo

I know it's pretty much all out there now as far as the big thing in this arc, but I agree (and am a comics reader myself). Things from the comics that haven't happened should be in spoiler tags.
yeah, it is weird how spoilers were used for all these years and all of a sudden people just said F it. Was a crazy moment in the comics because it was really unexpected and for some reason people feel the need to spoil it now. and i blame the media that demands attn. so much they have to tease the spoiler to death as well.

i have read the comments, and feel fairly confident it will play out differently in the TV series than i the comic. if it plays out the  same, i think it would more likely be a recent character they have focused on who fans go delirious for his "witty" one-liners

I got the sense Gregory was feeling pretty good about himself in his big, clean house and was feeling pretty untouchable. But after the guy stuck a knife in his gut he was a lot more vulnerable. Maggie saw that and swooped in for the kill. 
That's what he wanted you to think. Even before getting stabbed he was the leader of a group that was being extorted for half of their food and had no weapons. Rick et al walk in armed to the teeth and he had no choice but to go Trump.

I just hope they portray Negan well. He was the best character in the comics, imo and they didn't do a good job with the Governor.

SacramentoBob said:
What if they wanted to rape your wife?
And they went to sleep? I'd probably, you know, leave with my wife and shoot them if they actually tried to accomplish such a thing. 

(HULK) said:
They agreed to murder people in their sleep on the word of people they've just met and some random biker gang they blew up.

Thats not what good people do.
The show is leaving out stuff from the comics that would make it fit together.  It ends up looking strange when they leave out important stuff

jamny said:
Sorry.  I don't say anything that hasn't already happened and left out.  Some of the show is confusing at times. 

Thunderlips said:
I guess most know that Neegan's "Shot heard round the world" is coming up.  I have to imagine that there either has to be a real world reason as to why he picks whichever victim he picks or a story driven reason.  Not to get too spoilery, but the comic event seemed random.....and that's something that I don't think the show does. So, I don't think it will be Eugene or Carl or Michonne or anyone else who would be considered random.

To that, a real world reason would put either Rick (because he's the leader and it makes no sense to leave a leader like that alive) or Daryl, as he was the one who blew up the motorcade (I'm going on the assumption that the car in the background wasn't an error, thus allowing someone to let it come out that Daryl did it). To me, that would take balls that the show doesn't have.

To that, it's going have to be someone who they're setting up with a "potential to grow" storyline.....so it's either Abraham, Glenn or Maggie....and to that, since they've pimped this "you need to be the leader" angle with Maggie.....I think it's got to be Glenn. 
I'm jumping back on Glenn too after declaring Abe a dead man walking. They've followed the comics really closely the past few episodes and  there is a future in that story, that they've foreshadowed pretty well, for Maggie that probably doesn't work as well with Glenn in the picture. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun episode.  I'm curious about the link with the bike.

I liked how the guys just kept running out to the top of the steps as Rick and Michon were going full auto.  

jamny said:
honestly the tv show doesnt follow the comic to the T....its more of a guideline for the show, so who knows what will happen
Well.. Most who didn't read the comic didn't know there was a "Neegan" until a month or two back..
Also, none of them had any idea what he did in the comics to become the most feared adversary to Rick's group.
We all know he is coming, and now thanks to some who decided to post things about his entrance in this thread the "what" has been ruined for some.. :thumbdown:

Luckily the writers/Producers have said that the show takes a "Hard Left Turn" from the comics so hopefully the "Who" stays a surprise until it happens.

Spike said:
Calling it here - Neagan (with no possible loophole) kills Glenn in the season finale.
And, no, I've never read the comics for this series, so this isn't something that would be a spoiler.

The whole discussion about Neegan killing someone in the finale is BECAUSE of the comics.

The show deviates sometimes.  I think they will in this regard.  Neegan may not kill anyone in the finale, or at all this season.  Who knows?

In the comics, he does murder someone, but it is WHEN Rick's group is introduced to Neegan's group.  The show has already changed this.  So, I think, anything is possible here.

cstu said:
Been saying it all along - Maggie is going to die.

Let's be honest here - does anyone want to see Maggie turned into nothing but a mom on the show? Because that's what she'll be if they keep her alive.

Hidden Content
I do if there's breast feeding involved.   :yes:

Well.. Most who didn't read the comic didn't know there was a "Neegan" until a month or two back..
Also, none of them had any idea what he did in the comics to become the most feared adversary to Rick's group.
We all know he is coming, and now thanks to some who decided to post things about his entrance in this thread the "what" has been ruined for some.. :thumbdown:

Luckily the writers/Producers have said that the show takes a "Hard Left Turn" from the comics so hopefully the "Who" stays a surprise until it happens.
This.  Fortunately, I don't take this show that seriously so it doesn't bother me as much as the GOT book nerds.  Still annoying af tho.  

Watched it again with my wife and was impressed by the intro with Carol baking cookies and the Carpenter-esque feel during the attack. Looked it up and it was directed by Greg Nicotero...can we just leave directing to him from now on?

I can't believe that there would be many people arguing against the legitimacy of trying to take the battle to Negan first. The evidence was overwhelming, and they found more once inside. I can see an argument for trying to gather more/better intel though.....

As far as who's going to die, it sure seems like the writers/producers have gone out of their way to foreshadow several possibilities, with Glenn being the most obvious. They are leaving us guessing. Glenn, Maggie, Carol. Darryl, Abraham have all had some measure of foreshadowing and all have been presented just a little bit differently in recent episodes. It could well be that ALL the foreshadowing is intentionally misleading and it's a character we haven't considered.......

Spoiler
Glenn makes sense since almost everyone knows now that Glenn dies in the comics.

Honestly, I've really enjoyed this thread. I don't want to have to leave it. Why oh why do people need to keep revealing what happened in the comics?

There are plenty of people who don't know that Glenn dies in the comics, myself included.
Why do you feel compelled to mention it?  Sure, the show may go a different direction. But it may not. 

So I'm imploring the participants in this thread. QUIT REVEALING WHAT HAPPENED IN THE COMICS. PLEASE. Even if someone has already revealed the spoiler (perhaps people missed that post), or you think there has been enough discussion that it's now common knowledge (trust me, it probably isn't).  Thank you. 

:goodposting:

It's getting ridiculous.

Honestly, I've really enjoyed this thread. I don't want to have to leave it. Why oh why do people need to keep revealing what happened in the comics? There are plenty of people who don't know that Glenn dies in the comics, myself included. Why do you feel compelled to mention it?  Sure, the show may go a different direction. But it may not. 

So I'm imploring the participants in this thread. QUIT REVEALING WHAT HAPPENED IN THE COMICS. PLEASE. Even if someone has already mentioned (perhaps people missed that post), or you think there have been enough spoilers that it's now common knowledge (trust me, it probably isn't).  Thank you. 

Honestly, I've really enjoyed this thread. I don't want to have to leave it. Why oh why do people need to keep revealing what happened in the comics? There are plenty of people who don't know that Glenn dies in the comics, myself included. Why do you feel compelled to mention it?  Sure, the show may go a different direction. But it may not. 

So I'm imploring the participants in this thread. QUIT REVEALING WHAT HAPPENED IN THE COMICS. PLEASE. Even if someone has already revealed the spoiler (perhaps people missed that post), or you think there has been enough discussion that it's now common knowledge (trust me, it probably isn't).  Thank you. 
Are you telling me that there was anyone left who didn't know that? It's not only in tis thread several dozen times, but practically unavoidable knowledge on line (I've never read the comics)

Are you telling me that there was anyone left who didn't know that? It's not only in tis thread several dozen times, but practically unavoidable knowledge on line (I've never read the comics)
That is precisely what I'm saying. Of course, I didn't help things by repeating it myself. I was/am drunk. 

Fun episode.  I'm curious about the link with the bike.

I liked how the guys just kept running out to the top of the steps as Rick and Michon were going full auto.  
That was the bike Darryl rebuilt in Alexandria. The bike that was stolen by that man and woman in the woods before he found the fuel tanker. Type man and woman who, along with the young lady that was eaten, were running from Negan's men.

Honestly, I've really enjoyed this thread. I don't want to have to leave it. Why oh why do people need to keep revealing what happened in the comics?

Hidden Content

Why do you feel compelled to mention it?  Sure, the show may go a different direction. But it may not. 

I happen to agree that it is poor form to just out stuff like that.

However, do not fret.  In the comics lots of people are dead who lived in the show, and vice versa.  Rick is coupled with Andrea at the point the show is now, the little barn girl zombie is still alive, Carol committed suicide in the prison, Shane was killed before they got to the farm, etc, etc.  The show and the comics are alternate universes, so even though you heard X happens in the comics, it doesn't mean it happens on the show.

However, do not fret.  In the comics lots of people are dead who lived in the show, and vice versa.  Rick is coupled with Andrea at the point the show is now, the little barn girl zombie is still alive, Carol committed suicide in the prison, Shane was killed before they got to the farm, etc, etc.  The show and the comics are alternate universes, so even though you heard X happens in the comics, it doesn't mean it happens on the show.

:goodposting:

I don't read the comics but know they've deviated more often than not so I don't get my panties in a bunch when people don't use spoiler tags for comic-related material.  That said, it doesn't require much effort to spoiler tag comic-related material since it's potentially spoiler material.  Also, I don't wear panties. 

The whole discussion about Neegan killing someone in the finale is BECAUSE of the comics.

The show deviates sometimes.  I think they will in this regard.  Neegan may not kill anyone in the finale, or at all this season.  Who knows?

In the comics, he does murder someone, but it is WHEN Rick's group is introduced to Neegan's group.  The show has already changed this.  So, I think, anything is possible here.
Hopefully the writers in fact completely deviate from the comics. The benefit is twofold.

1. No more spoiled discussions by comic readers.

2. Said comic readers get upset, which is always fun to see.

*sigh*

I tagged my prior post...but I'm pretty sure it's been talked about ad nauseum, mentioned multiple times in here, and virtually unavoidable if you read anything Walking Dead elsewhere.

And I'm not a comic reader

WE DON'T CARE.  Just stop talking about it.

I do get a nice chuckle when comic readers get upset when things don't go exactly the same as in the comic.

A few years ago I read comics 1-100.  The show to me is better when you don't read the comics.  Same as any book/movie, the movie IMO is always better if I haven't read the book or moviepooper or whatever, whether the movie is the same or not.  It's a huge distraction from what you are watching.  You end up looking for certain things rather than just enjoying what you are seeing. 

I will read the comics when the show ends. 

Do you seriously not realize that some comic spoilers actually do make the show less enjoyable for the non comic readers?  If not, wow.  If you do and just don't care then also wow.

Users who are viewing this thread