What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

ZOMGSPOILERTAG
I have no idea that is going to happen I haven't read any of the comics. I am just basing that on the coming attraction and some of the statements made on TD. 

Plus i remember the cast saying when they went into filming the finale, they were all sick to their stomachs knowing what was coming 

So the story goes, they all split up and get captured by the Saviors. Glenn, Michonne, then Daryl, Rosie, soon to be Morgan.

No way out and are all but executed.... except for Carol.

I hope the Saviors have a giant propane tank inside their complex. 
or a whole lotta flowers.

So seems Carol left at midnight during the guard shift change. She has a car and a 6 hour head start. Lets all go look for her.

Sheesh. Writers just can't have Gneaguns gang attack a full staffed Alexandria?
With all of that lead time, she only makes it twelve miles from Alexandria?  How fast was the porcupine car going?

And all this talk about the group and Rick being as bad as guys like the Gov...............cmon.  No.  Just no.  Rick and company are reacting, not out seeking to rob and kill without being provoked. 
To be fair. You could rewrite TWD from the vanquished perspective and Rick's group would seem as bad or worse than the governor's or neegan's. I mean the reason we overlook their atrocities is we've been following their story for 5 yrs

carol is a killing machine in line with the terminator 
Terminator never cried about it though.

(Sobs) "oh don't make me kill all 7 of you guys in 3 seconds, oh don't make me trap all you in an oven so I can barbeque you" (sobs harder, then pulls out uzi and mows everyone down, sits back and smokes a Marlboro, sobbing)

This was the worst episode of the season. None of the plot devices made sense. 

Carol leaves

Doesn't take spikes out of car

Patrol guys stop her

Rick goes with Morgan

Darrel goes looking for revenge alone

Rick and Morgan walking in open ground, perfect Sniper opportunity

Darrel getting so close to Dwight's camp, keep your distance rookie, find the perimeter and the lookouts first

The only thing that was worthy in this episode was the point Morgan made to Rick about life being precious and 2nd chances.

To be fair. You could rewrite TWD from the vanquished perspective and Rick's group would seem as bad or worse than the governor's or neegan's. I mean the reason we overlook their atrocities is we've been following their story for 5 yrs
Complete BS. Rick and his group never attacked anyone to steal their place of refuge or their stuff. One could argue they've been too quick to resort to violence on occasion but that doesn't put them in the same boat.

Complete BS. Rick and his group never attacked anyone to steal their place of refuge or their stuff. One could argue they've been too quick to resort to violence on occasion but that doesn't put them in the same boat.
Only because the writers tell the story from Rick's perspective.

IE, the Russians probably tell a different version of WW 2 than the US does in their respective history books.

Only because the writers tell the story from Rick's perspective.

IE, the Russians probably tell a different version of WW 2 than the US does in their respective history books.
Rick isn't narrating. Nor do we hear his internal dialogue. IE: It is NOT from Rick's perspective

Terminator never cried about it though.

(Sobs) "oh don't make me kill all 7 of you guys in 3 seconds, oh don't make me trap all you in an oven so I can barbeque you" (sobs harder, then pulls out uzi and mows everyone down, sits back and smokes a Marlboro, sobbing)
well she IS a  woman after all 

Last edited by a moderator:
Two points:

1)Carol leaving makes little to no sense and acts as nothing more than a plot device to get the key players out from behind the walls.  It's sloppy, makes little sense and when compared to a parallel plot advancing point in the book (not much of a spoiler... 

they were simply going to visit Hilltop 
is just ginned up, cheesy melodrama.

2)I don't have a problem with the group either A) denouncing the size/efficiency of The Saviors (after all, most anyone would assume that they've put a sizeable dent in their ranks) or B) being paranoid about any retribution from The Saviors.....but the writers are flip-flopping the characters opinions based on whatever conveinent conversation/action the characters need to take.  

I've been reading the comic lately, and while it's not the Shakespeare that some people make it out to be.....the motives, direction and actions of the characters are very clean and make sense in their world. This show does nothing of the sort. 

Luckily for the Alexandrian's the Saviors hadn't setup the Recon yet or they'd be screwed with all the people out and about.

Morgan and Carol out on a nature hike.
Glenn, Michonne, Rosita and Daryl having a Pow Wow with the Saviors around a Camp fire trying to get to know each other.
Tasha and what's his name have out for a Sunday :drive: now for about two weeks.
Jesus and his bud back at Hilltop resting

Either Carol and Morgan find each other next week but do not return to Alexandria right away and we will have to wait until next season to find out if the "don't want to kill anyone twins"  decide to return or not.

Or  they back track to see the Saviors holding the group of 4 and proceed to save them.. Morgan would then "save" one of the Saviors to bring him back to test out his handy work prison cell.

Abraham just climbed a couple notches up the " to be killed list" with his declaration of being strong enough to start to love again. :oldunsure:

Given how this season has gone (e.g. Glenn and the Magic Dumpster, the gunshot at the end of last night's episode) I think it's a foregone conclusion that the season finale will end with an exceptionally annoying cliffhanger even by TWD standards.  I need to spend this week psychologically preparing myself for this.  

This was the worst episode of the season. None of the plot devices made sense. 

Carol leaves

Doesn't take spikes out of car

Patrol guys stop her

Rick goes with Morgan

Darrel goes looking for revenge alone

Rick and Morgan walking in open ground, perfect Sniper opportunity

Darrel getting so close to Dwight's camp, keep your distance rookie, find the perimeter and the lookouts first

The only thing that was worthy in this episode was the point Morgan made to Rick about life being precious and 2nd chances.
the season had been going pretty well, but, starting with Carol's meltdown, it's kind of going off the rails....

I guess Coral taking the gun with the barded-wire covered bat engraved on the handle will get him in some kind of trouble.

How are all these stupid people still alive?

Given how this season has gone (e.g. Glenn and the Magic Dumpster, the gunshot at the end of last night's episode) I think it's a foregone conclusion that the season finale will end with an exceptionally annoying cliffhanger even by TWD standards.  I need to spend this week psychologically preparing myself for this.  
:goodposting: Have a feeling this weeks "Cliff Hanger" was a setup for next week..
Seems the writers are trying to have their "Who shot JR" moment.. But it really isn't needed..
Plenty of things they could leave us to discuss about until October other then "who met Lucille " ...

If they do go that route, it would make the "Outrage" Cliff Hanger of Season one of "The Killing"  pale in comparison. :oldunsure:

Were you crying about this all weekend? Jesus man.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I affected you so much. I apologize for hurting your feelings. Please don't tell your mom.

You say this but you are the #### who kept it going another day on Friday.  Obviously I am the one who has an effect on you, ya sissy. Good job.  

Were you crying about this all weekend? Jesus man.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I affected you so much. I apologize for hurting your feelings. Please don't tell your mom.

You say this but you are the #### who kept it going another day on Friday.  Obviously I am the one who has an effect on you, ya sissy. Good job.  
seems time for you two to get a room.. This thread just doesn't seem to be working to iron out your :wub: for each other.

seems time for you two to get a room.. This thread just doesn't seem to be working to iron out your :wub: for each other.
You ever just have a dingleberry you can't shake? You wipe and wipe and wipe? But it's still hanging there? I haven't, because I take care of myself. But I can imagine this is what it feels like.

I've been done with him, he just can't have enough. 

Honestly, at this point I agree.

Really sick of all the characters. Sick of the forced love stories. Sick of the stupid decisions these "survivors" continually make. Sick of Rick's tough guy act.
Then seems it is time for some of you to stop watching.. This seasons decisions/writing are the same as last season and the same as the season before, etc... And  I can almost guarantee next year, and the year after, and if there is a year after that, it will be the same... Some great episodes, and some "WTF??" episodes.. and I would put this episode in that realm..

At this point you either live with those episodes to enjoy the overall story line, or you don't..

But to watch it after 6 years, with every year having "WTF??" episodes and expect it to change is the definition of :loco:

You ever just have a dingleberry you can't shake? You wipe and wipe and wipe? But it's still hanging there? I haven't, because I take care of myself. But I can imagine this is what it feels like.

I've been done with him, he just can't have enough. 

You've been done, only you come back and discuss it on Friday.  Riiiiight.  You seem like the "dingleberry here, ya fool. You're the type of sissy that needs to have the last word.  Like a child.  So whatever, I am sorry I "spoiled" things for people you do not know.  I'm sorry you are such a sissy that you need to drag this whole thing on.  I'm done, but I know you aren't. In fact I can guarantee you aren't, and you will ultimately have the last word, as you need to.  In any case, I hope you enjoy the rest of the show.

Then seems it is time for some of you to stop watching.. This seasons decisions/writing are the same as last season and the same as the season before, etc... And  I can almost guarantee next year, and the year after, and if there is a year after that, it will be the same... Some great episodes, and some "WTF??" episodes.. and I would put this episode in that realm..

At this point you either live with those episodes to enjoy the overall story line, or you don't..

But to watch it after 6 years, with every year having "WTF??" episodes and expect it to change is the definition of :loco:
I've really only stuck with the show to get to the Negan storyline. If I hadn't read the comics and known what is coming, I probably would have given up on the show a long time ago.

I thought it was interesting that Michonne is involved now, regarding what might or might not happen.  Most people here seem to think that Glenn, Daryl, Abraham, or Maggie might or might not be involved with a villain who might or might not be coming.

Bossman said:
So the story goes, they all split up and get captured by the Saviors. Glenn, Michonne, then Daryl, Rosie, soon to be Morgan.

No way out and are all but executed.... except for Carol.

I hope the Saviors have a giant propane tank inside their complex. 
Don't forget the smart bottlerocket bomb.

Copeman said:
You've been done, only you come back and discuss it on Friday.  Riiiiight.  You seem like the "dingleberry here, ya fool. You're the type of sissy that needs to have the last word.  Like a child.  So whatever, I am sorry I "spoiled" things for people you do not know.  I'm sorry you are such a sissy that you need to drag this whole thing on.  I'm done, but I know you aren't. In fact I can guarantee you aren't, and you will ultimately have the last word, as you need to.  In any case, I hope you enjoy the rest of the show.
Apology accepted.

I am revising my main character death (unless there are multiple) to Carol.  Originally I thought it would be Michonne as all of Rick's love interests seem to bite the big one.  Now however, it appears the writers are making Carol's character so bipolar and unattractive as a sniveling, rosary toting wreck that it appears obvious that they're setting her up to die an unpleasant death (or maybe it would be a pleasant death for her so she will see it as joining the almighty).

snogger said:

Maybe it's time for you to stop coming into this thread... The thread has been the same as last season and the same as the season before, etc... And I can almost guarantee next year, and the year after, and if there is a year after that, it will be the same... Some people lauding the show and some people complaining and criticizing the crap episodes, like last night.

At this point you either live with the criticisms or you stay out of the thread.

But to keep coming here for 6 years, and every year complaining about people criticizing the show but continuing to read and post here is the definition of  :loco:

Jayrok said:
I believe she sewed it into her sleeve at the beginning of the episode.  And by the rapid fire it sounded like an uzi.  
That's stupid even by the standards of this show.  99% of the time, having a large piece of metal sewn into the fabric of your dominant arm would be a massive impediment to combat effectiveness.  (Can't aim, can't reload, restricted movement, etc.)  I know this was just one of those things that the writers threw in there because they thought it would be cool, but come on.  

Maybe it's time for you to stop coming into this thread... The thread has been the same as last season and the same as the season before, etc... And I can almost guarantee next year, and the year after, and if there is a year after that, it will be the same... Some people lauding the show and some people complaining and criticizing the crap episodes, like last night.

At this point you either live with the criticisms or you stay out of the thread.

But to keep coming here for 6 years, and every year complaining about people criticizing the show but continuing to read and post here is the definition of  :loco:
Looks like Copeman got your panties in a bunch this morning ;)

I understand being "frustrated" by episodes like this one.. which I agree had so many :loco: moments.. If you didn't think I felt that way, go back to read my overall recap:
i.e. Carol and Morgan on a Nature hike, Pow wow around a camp fire, etc...

But when people get to a point where they hate the main characters/story lines:

24 minutes ago, Harry Manback said:
Really sick of all the characters. Sick of the forced love stories. Sick of the stupid decisions these "survivors" continually make. Sick of Rick's tough guy act.

Then it might be time to stop watching as Rick and most of his clan are not going any where until the show ends. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread