What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

How about this.

Carol was driving from Alexandria, Saviors towards Alexandria.

When Rick and Morgan come upon the scene, the come up on the side of the Saviors seeing them first.  Even though they also were coming from Alexandria and discussing that she may have gone this direction as it was the opposite direction of the savior camp they attacked.
Carol's car went past the savior's truck when they shot her tires.  So the vehicle that Morgan first encounters would be the Savior's truck since it was coming in that direction and went past Carol's car.  IOW, the savior's truck would be closer to Alexandria than Carol's car after the shootout.  

How about this.

Carol was driving from Alexandria, Saviors towards Alexandria.

When Rick and Morgan come upon the scene, the come up on the side of the Saviors seeing them first.  Even though they also were coming from Alexandria and discussing that she may have gone this direction as it was the opposite direction of the savior camp they attacked.
I notice that.  And the whole discussion on the tire tracks heading east, but really west, even though they were really heading west Rick thinks she headed east.

Carol's car went past the savior's truck when they shot her tires.  So the vehicle that Morgan first encounters would be the Savior's truck since it was coming in that direction and went past Carol's car.  IOW, the savior's truck would be closer to Alexandria than Carol's car after the shootout.  
Yes, Carol's car did a 180 after they shot at her after she passed them by.

Is this the part of the thread where we complain about flaws in the writing when in fact they are flaws made by the viewer? I forgot the schedule.

I can't fish if you guys keep throwing rocks into the pond

So this episode ends with a gunshot and blood splatter.

and we hear the voice of D-Wayne "aw, you'll be alright".

Confirmed by the Talking Dead cast that Daryl was shot. In the arm? Shoulder? 

.... and we're supposed to think that Daryl will be ok, with a bullet tearing through flesh, muscle, tendons, in the middle of the woods, losing blood and no chance for medical attention for hours ... because D-Wayne says so?

So this episode ends with a gunshot and blood splatter.

and we hear the voice of D-Wayne "aw, you'll be alright".

Confirmed by the Talking Dead cast that Daryl was shot. In the arm? Shoulder? 

.... and we're supposed to think that Daryl will be ok, with a bullet tearing through flesh, muscle, tendons, in the middle of the woods, losing blood and no chance for medical attention for hours ... because D-Wayne says so?
You can think what you want.  Pretty sure you aren't "supposed" to think a certain way on this. 

Pretty sure the writers put in that last line spoken by D-Wayne to let it be known that Daryl wasn't killed.
Or that Daryl is dead and Dwight was just making a "funny" comment.

Or that Daryl is hurt bad but will live. 

You are well within your rights to think what you want. 

Rumor:

Negan considers killing Maggie just to shut her up.  Then plays a game of eenie meenie miney moe with the other fan favorites as the camera takes the viewpoint of the one the bat lands on.  Leaving the who to be determined next season.   

Rumor:

Negan considers killing Maggie just to shut her up.  Then plays a game of eenie meenie miney moe with the other fan favorites as the camera takes the viewpoint of the one the bat lands on.  Leaving the who to be determined next season.   

If they do that, I will personally drive out to California and beat a randomly-selected writer with a baseball bat.  

Last edited by a moderator:
If they do that, I will personally drive out to California and beat a randomly-selected writer with a baseball bat.  
That's the emotion I would expect from a lot of people and

I personally think more than one person dies, because there was a lot of speculation that another fan favorite was going to die before the final episode, and it's not Daryl because he's been seen filming episode 16.  I think maybe Carol gets killed or commits suicide (or something similar with another character) and then the bat death is left as a cliff hanger for Season 7. You get both the heartbreak you were expecting and have to tune in next season.  Plus there are plenty of new characters introduced this season and they still have to meet up with another group here really soon too.
ETA:

I also think Maggie lives, with or without child (with or without Glenn for that matter), and takes over Hilltop like she does in the comics.

Rumor:

This is exactly how I see it happening.

That's stupid even by the standards of this show.  99% of the time, having a large piece of metal sewn into the fabric of your dominant arm would be a massive impediment to combat effectiveness.  (Can't aim, can't reload, restricted movement, etc.)  I know this was just one of those things that the writers threw in there because they thought it would be cool, but come on.  
we need myth busters to chime in

That's stupid even by the standards of this show.  99% of the time, having a large piece of metal sewn into the fabric of your dominant arm would be a massive impediment to combat effectiveness.  (Can't aim, can't reload, restricted movement, etc.)  I know this was just one of those things that the writers threw in there because they thought it would be cool, but come on.  
Carol is just a big fan of Nas.

"Sneak an uzi on the Island in my army jacket lining"

According to the story sync, Carol's sleeve gun was a Mac 11 sub machine gun.  Where would the cartridges go?  I suppose that if you need to use such a device, that is the last thing you are worried about, but the ejection of 20 per second would have them ricocheting all around inside the sleeve. 
I distinctly heard a "click, click, click" as the gun ran out of ammo. Seemed to be some type of gatling revolver.

... or was I hearing something else?

If the finale finishes with a cliffhanger, I would not be surprised.  That is exactly the sort of cheap writing I have come to expect from them.

Darabont wouldn't have let something like "who is it that died" or "did so and so die or survive that" be a cliff hanger.  No.  He would've had Negan do something incredibly terrible and the cliffhanger would've been, "What is this madman going to do to the group next?"

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the show a lot.  But lets not pretend it hasn't suffered and isn't still suffering from the loss of Darabont.

I remember when the show used to be about zombies. There were hundreds, if not thousands, of them. Then suddenly it turned into every human faction has to kill every other human faction and no one cares about the zombies. It makes for some good action episodes, but as mentioned repeatedly, the decision-making (or lack there of) is getting silly. How many times have Maggie and Glenn said they will never split up again . . . and then they get separated again the same episode. I like a blood bath as much as the next guy, so I'm actually ok with the way things have devolved, but it might be nice to see a story arc that doesn't involve beating the crap out of a neighboring camp.

If the finale finishes with a cliffhanger, I would not be surprised.  That is exactly the sort of cheap writing I have come to expect from them.

Darabont wouldn't have let something like "who is it that died" or "did so and so die or survive that" be a cliff hanger.  No.  He would've had Negan do something incredibly terrible and the cliffhanger would've been, "What is this madman going to do to the group next?"

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the show a lot.  But lets not pretend it hasn't suffered and isn't still suffering from the loss of Darabont.
Now that would be a good ending.  Lucille takes out one person and Negan has his Babe Ruth windup in play for number 2 and fade to black and then Whammo sound and a Batman style graphic over the screen.

So you're saying that Darryl will finally get a love interest.  This story can definitely use some redneck luvin'.
Sure, picture Darryl, a bit of squirrel hanging from his lips, kneeling in front of a dog, anxious to move, barely restraining itself.  Darryl gives the command and his dog, likely named Beth, licks and slobbers all over his face, lapping up the squirrel while Darryl rubs its tummy saying "good girl".  Cut to next scene, Darryl walking out of a shed, buckling his belt, smoking a cigarette, slapping his thigh, calling out "come here Beth, let's go walker hunting".  As they prepare to leave the compound they walk by an old dog on a porch.  Darryl orders, "stay Carol".  he looks down at Beth and says "that dog won't hunt."

Given how this season has gone (e.g. Glenn and the Magic Dumpster, the gunshot at the end of last night's episode) I think it's a foregone conclusion that the season finale will end with an exceptionally annoying cliffhanger even by TWD standards.  I need to spend this week psychologically preparing myself for this.  
Yep... you KNOW this is happening. ####### cliffhanger. 

Users who are viewing this thread