What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (5 Viewers)

It's going to be a big name. Maggie is also out.

1. Glenn
2. Abraham 
3. Michonne

Based on the fact that he said they took the first shot like a champ, I'll go Abraham.
I don't think they'd be okay with an episode where a man beats a woman to death with a baseball bat.  It has to be one of the men and it wasn't Rick or Carl.  Daryl is too popular of a character, so that leaves LL Bean (copout), Abraham (good choice), Glenn (good choice), Eugene (eh choice).

It would've been gut wrenching to see him kill off a character and then just end the season. That would've been talked about a lot too and would've been a great payoff. Now you just leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth and all the emotion next year is gone. I already don't give a #### who it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't care who died. You know it's not someone major because the impact of that would be felt over the break, not with a quick reveal to start a season. Which leaves one of, at best, the mid range guys and...eh.

I don't think they'd be okay with an episode where a man beats a woman to death with a baseball bat.  It has to be one of the men and it wasn't Rick or Carl.  Daryl is too popular of a character, so that leaves LL Bean (copout), Abraham (good choice), Glenn (good choice), Eugene (eh choice).
Yeah, Eugene is not the 'shocker' that the other 3 are.

It's funny that it took until they were driving around in the RV and seeing Negan's group in different places that Rick finally figured out how big they are.  I've been counting the dead since it started, and it should've dawned on him that they killed 40+ people yet still kept running into groups of Negan's people.

I think if you say the rhyme and follow him as he goes up and down the line  you can figure it out. 

:P
it seems their attempt to cover it up was limited to Negan not moving the bat along with the rhyme and showing every character as a possibility at the end.  But when it switched to victim PoV mode, there was definitely enough there to come up with a good guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would've been gut wrenching to see him kill off a character and then just end the season. That would've been talked about a lot too and would've been a great payoff. Now you just leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth and all the emotion next year is gone. I already don't give a #### who it is.
I look at it people will wonder who it is. Then once the season starts and they find out, they'll be heavily invested in seeing how the revenge and it all plays out.

It's going to be a big name. Maggie is also out.

1. Glenn
2. Abraham 
3. Michonne

Based on the fact that he said they took the first shot like a champ, I'll go Abraham.
i don't think they will kill a female character like that. Maybe sexist, but i think that would come off much worse with a female getting her head smashed in with a bat

I'm sure they'll recut it...or show it from another POV angle so we see what's going on. I don' think we'll start the next season with someone laying on the ground and everyone crying.That being said, I think they really missed punching the viewer in the gut.  The emotional cliffhanger isn't seeing which person got beat to death....it's the reaction of the people that are with him/her and the realization that their entire world is over. 

It'd be akin to just showing some carnage at the Red Wedding in Game of Thrones without any of the personal reaction/ impact of the act. 

Yeah, that was just annoying. Worse than the Glenn death/non-death from the first half of the season. 

i don't think they will kill a female character like that. Maybe sexist, but i think that would come off much worse with a female getting her head smashed in with a bat
Which would make it much better.  Unexpected, tragic, shocking.......................................would have been perfect actually to see Maggie splattered. 

Probably woulda been best to smash someone mid-episode and then spend some time on that aftermath. 

Swing and a miss it sounds like.

I kinda liked it.   :shrug:

I mean, relative to what the show's been like lately, and going into it figuring that it would end in a cliffhanger, I thought it was entertaining.

And really, even if they showed who was "it" right before he swung it, wouldn't you just be worried that they'd pull another Glen and the victim wouldn't be dead at the beginning of next season?  I mean, Negan didn't really ever say he was going to kill someone, did he?  I think he only said he was going to beat them?  

Big fan of the Negan actor, and loved the line about Rick killing his guys he sent after him for killing his guys.  It's going to be interesting watching him in the last few episodes of the Good Wife (assuming he's still in them), with Negan on my mind when I see him.

I'm sure they'll recut it...or show it from another POV angle so we see what's going on. I don' think we'll start the next season with someone laying on the ground and everyone crying.That being said, I think they really missed punching the viewer in the gut.  The emotional cliffhanger isn't seeing which person got beat to death....it's the reaction of the people that are with him/her and the realization that their entire world is over. 

It'd be akin to just showing some carnage at the Red Wedding in Game of Thrones without any of the personal reaction/ impact of the act. 
The difference is the Game of thrones is awesome.  

I kinda liked it.   :shrug:

I mean, relative to what the show's been like lately, and going into it figuring that it would end in a cliffhanger, I thought it was entertaining.

And really, even if they showed who was "it" right before he swung it, wouldn't you just be worried that they'd pull another Glen and the victim wouldn't be dead at the beginning of next season?  I mean, Negan didn't really ever say he was going to kill someone, did he?  I think he only said he was going to beat them?  

Big fan of the Negan actor, and loved the line about Rick killing his guys he sent after him for killing his guys.  It's going to be interesting watching him in the last few episodes of the Good Wife (assuming he's still in them), with Negan on my mind when I see him.
If he beats someone down with a barbed wire covered bat on camera and they still live, this show would've entered the Twilight Zone.

The real debate is:

Does adding wire to a bad do anything significant to the amount of damage it does. Visually more menacing, but would make it harder to clean.

How in the hell do you eff that up?  i mean it takes a lot to mess up a stupid zombie show but by God the writers did.  Why in the holy hell would they leave that as a cliff hanger?  Sweet Jesus that makes no sense. 

What the eff Rick if you knew you were out numbered why would you still keep trying to get to Hilltop?  Christ my 5 year old could write a better story

1.  He must have figured Maggie would die if they didn't get her to the doc.

2. He realized they were being lead somewhere the bad guys wanted them to go, so it would be likely they'd stop them from getting back to Alexandria anyway.  Getting out of the RV and walking seemed like a better idea than trying that.

The real debate is:

Does adding wire to a bad do anything significant to the amount of damage it does. Visually more menacing, but would make it harder to clean.
No.  If anything it would make worse cause it could potential stick to a walker and get you killed.

Pretty sure it's just to look more bad ###. 

Plus some of the zombie video games use the wire as an "upgrade".  Bottom line, no, adding barb wire would be stupid if this was the real life Z apocalypse. 

The real debate is:

First thing I noticed when they showed the bat was how clean it was.  Dude takes pride in his belongings.

So how the hell does Carol survive the blood loss from 2 additional bullet wounds? is there any real way she could survive that post-medical care

Users who are viewing this thread