What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

If I want to subjugate a group, I kill their leader, take their emotional rallying point person hostage, heal their sick and wounded, and demand full access to their home territory, and a developing history of full compliance before returning the hostage.  I also send one or two of the other perceived potential leaders to other groups to keep the group from coalescing around a new leader before the subjugation becomes accepted routine.

I would beat Rick to death, hostage Maggie, and send Abraham and Darryl off to other tasks.  Also, I would not leave a son alive to plan vengeance for his father's death.    

If I want to subjugate a group, I kill their leader, take their emotional rallying point person hostage, heal their sick and wounded, and demand full access to their home territory, and a developing history of full compliance before returning the hostage.  I also send one or two of the other perceived potential leaders to other groups to keep the group from coalescing around a new leader before the subjugation becomes accepted routine.

I would beat Rick to death, hostage Maggie, and send Abraham and Darryl off to other tasks.  Also, I would not leave a son alive to plan vengeance for his father's death.    
That's what any despot would do.  The show is setting Negan up to be an extremely stupid leader. 

They better kill one of Glenn, Maggie, Marchionne, Daryl or Carl.  I imagine Rick is safe but they need to kill a major character not Abraham or one of the more recent season add-ons.  

That's what any despot would do.  The show is setting Negan up to be an extremely stupid leader. 
Under these circumstances, zombie apocalypse, I also don't beat the defeated leader in the head to kill him, I do him in with some other fatal injury so he turns zombie and I take zombie Rick back to the walls of Alexandria before taking the group back.  I let the Alexandrians stew on uncertainty for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great ending.

Who are the guys with Morgan? They had armor and everything unlike Negen's group.
Some people complain about spoilers others ask for them.   :shrug:

It's a new group being introduced called The Kingdom, lead by a leader named Ezekiel, who eventually join forces with Alexandra and Hilltop to go to war against the Saviors. They eventually win after Alexandria is bombed and Ezekiel abandons the Kingdom.  They all move and live at the Hilltop location after the war.

I think there would be better discussions generated if we knew who died. Now it's just wait and see. Or wait until it's leaked.

People are aware that while the episode is really a kissing your sister episode and leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth, it will serve its purpose from a programming and viewership perspective.

Now the show will be talked about by fans and the media for 6 months. There will be rampant speculation on who the dead soldier is. Then it will reach a peak right before the ne season starts and the season premiere will be the most watched episode of the series. It will end up adding viewers, not losing any. People that are saying that they are out will be back.

The writers and producers are in this to make money. As others have said, when the show finished its run and people can binge watch TWD, no one will remember or care about the long wait to resolve the cliffhanger ending. Heck, in my house, my wife and I don't have much discussion about many topics, but we have been debating the finale for the last two weeks and even more since last night.

That missle launcher sure could have come in handy this episode. 

I'm going with Abe being it took him a double swing to knock him out. That and the goodbye scene with Eugene. 
RPG hidden under the blanket with Maggie would have been gold.  A few others have mentioned the RPG, and I'm not sure we'll ever see it again even though there must be a couple of rounds left.  Really a large gun, 50 caliber or Gatling gun, truck mounted machine gun, anything more than pistols and rifles would completely change the game in this silly road block scenario.  Mortars, land mines, grenades.  Where did all these larger guns go, did the zombies eat them all?  They've traveled all the way from Atalanta to DC and haven't once thought of trying to get into a military base?

Before I start to read all the comments.. to the guy that posted the spoiler that they "read a blurb" about the ending.. Thanks..... NOT..  :thumbdown:

Without you posting that, 95% of us wouldn't have known it "might" happen .. knowing the "blurb" made you watch for it, rather then be surprised..
yea I've never read a page of the comics. Kinda sucks following this thread and having spoilers just posted in plain view. The barbwire bat at the end was pretty anticlimactic...

The thing you're really going to love is when the first episode next season is all about Carol and Morgan and the knights who say zombie and we don't find out who died until the second episode.

The thing you're really going to love is when the first episode next season is all about Carol and Morgan and the knights who say zombie and we don't find out who died until the second episode.
yeah you just know there is gonna be a time jump completely ####### up the emotion we should feel even moreso.

which is what he says in the comic word for word
That's not what he said in the episode.  What he said was "Taking it like a champ!"  But thanks for revealing/confirming comic book information that potentially eliminates some of the possibilities. 

- My thought is Abraham, they really seemed to focus on him coming to terms with building a new life/family, said goodbye to Eugene, etc...  Plus, if you're Negan - take out the biggest muscle threat on the opposing team. He's probably the #1 threat to disrupting the 'new world order' (outside of Rick).

Not a fan of not showing it, although I get why they did.  They did go to great lengths to show the size of the Saviors army though.  Alexandria can't take them obviously.  But then, Morgan did just find what could be a new group - not sure of their size. 

A group the size of the Saviors though, who's not doing any resource gathering, would need quite a few other people doing the whole food/medicine thing for them.  Maybe this new group is another one of the groups giving them half their ####...

It would've been gut wrenching to see him kill off a character and then just end the season. That would've been talked about a lot too and would've been a great payoff. Now you just leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth and all the emotion next year is gone. I already don't give a #### who it is.
Right. The season opener will break viewership records for this show. Keep on kicking your can claiming this show sucks.

They sure as hell could have done better with this episode - although I did like the "you're a tough one" comment after Neeghan hits Abraham the first time.  The thing that bothered me most about the episode was something silly.  When Carol is about to get shot and Morgan saves the day, it pisses me off that the writers/director were lazy and should have had the damn horse back another 50 yards.  They just had five minutes of the horse making a ton of noise clomping along the road with the horseshoe noises.  You telling me the guy shooting Carol isn't going to hear Morgan and the damn horse coming up?  That's the difference between a well-written/directed show like BB/BCS and this crap.  

They sure as hell could have done better with this episode - although I did like the "you're a tough one" comment after Neeghan hits Abraham the first time.  The thing that bothered me most about the episode was something silly.  When Carol is about to get shot and Morgan saves the day, it pisses me off that the writers/director were lazy and should have had the damn horse back another 50 yards.  They just had five minutes of the horse making a ton of noise clomping along the road with the horseshoe noises.  You telling me the guy shooting Carol isn't going to hear Morgan and the damn horse coming up?  That's the difference between a well-written/directed show like BB/BCS and this crap.  
Ninja horse.  When it wants, it tiptoes.

It's a new group being introduced called The Kingdom, lead by a leader named Ezekiel, who eventually join forces with Alexandra and Hilltop to go to war against the Saviors. They eventually win after Alexandria is bombed and Ezekiel abandons the Kingdom.  They all move and live at the Hilltop location after the war.
Jeez, I wanted spoilers, but I didn't want that many spoilers!  In addition to debating what are and are not spoilers, maybe we can discuss just how much spoil a spoiler should contain.

Jeez, I wanted spoilers, but I didn't want that many spoilers!  In addition to debating what are and are not spoilers, maybe we can discuss just how much spoil a spoiler should contain.
:lmao:   So we should have "semi-spoiler but not really"  tag and a "OMG Don't click here as it is a MAJOR spoiler"  tag.. 

Of course.

season opener will be Enid stuck in the closet with flashbacks of her experiences pre-Alexandria..  
Yes, should be a great episode but I'm so looking forward to the second episode when they show us which character got beat down.

... and the third episode when Ricks crew kills a bunch of Negans crew with poisoned pickles.

What a steaming pile of dung, even though I correctly predicted the ending when talking with a co-worker Thursday.  

And for the record, Negan only said he was going to beat the #### out of someone, not kill them. I bet nobody dies, at least not from the end scene. 

Talk about cliffhangers... HOW DOES ENID SURVIVE IN THE CLOSET?!?!
I thought he said 'beat them to death'. Anyway whoever it was took at least 2 cracks right on top of the head. That person is dead.

And everyone in here pissing and moaning will be back in here pissing and moaning before watching S7-E2.

Rick IS the emotional rallying point. You kill Rick and you create a martyr.

You keep the leader hostage, break him down and use him to show the rest he's just a man and has been broken by you.

You kill the emotional rallying point person. 

heres the thing, whats the point of leaving that as the cliffhanger?  Its the same as ending with morgan reaching into his pack and pulling out a twinkie and a granola bar and staring into the camera as it fades to black.  So. Stupid.

A couple of good episodes this season but all in all just lazy crappy writing.  So lazy and generic.
Yup, they should have cut out 15-20 minutes of them trying different routes in the RV, had Negan kill Glenn and then have the cliffhanger be someone like Maggie or Abraham charge Negan, not knowing if they also suffer the same fate. 

First thing I noticed when they showed the bat was how clean it was.  Dude takes pride in his belongings.
Yeah, Negan would have been so much more menacing with a well seasoned bat.

That thing looked pristine. Made you wonder if he ever used it before.

At least some dark red dried up blood, ... if not some hair, maybe some fleshy little bits ... waving it in the faces of the group (and the camera). The directors missed the boat on that level.

---------

... and why couldn't the hanging walker at the library lift his arms? Broken neck / severed spine? He was still able to make lots of noise there if he were paralyzed.

He just growled at Morgan as he was stabbed. No effort to reach for him.

---------

... and someone just mentioned the "silent horse" that Morgan rode up on to defend Carol. I noticed that immediately as well.

---------

Will we ever see Tara and whats his face again? Left on a supply run about 5 episodes ago. Seems the writers forgot about those 2. Or do they just want US to forget about them so they can be brought back at an opportune time?

Rick IS the emotional rallying point. You kill Rick and you create a martyr.

You keep the leader hostage, break him down and use him to show the rest he's just a man and has been broken by you.

You kill the emotional rallying point person. 
I'm not clear that Rick could become a martyr after his bad decisions lead the group to its fate.  Still, you may be correct.  Me, I want leaders gone and then some debt owed, if in a Stockholm Syndrome sort of way, for return of the healed wounded and the emotional rallying point person.

All this said, I have no personal experience subjugating a warring clan on my borders, so I may have it all wrong and you could be entirely correct.

... and why couldn't the hanging walker at the library lift his arms? Broken neck / severed spine? He was still able to make lots of noise there if he were paralyzed.

He just growled at Morgan as he was stabbed. No effort to reach for him.
Broken neck likely.  Noticed that he seemed to hang (himself) fairly recently.  Looked like he hadn't been up there for very long.  

I don't remember the exact sequence of events but something about him going to Carl and saying something like "would you cry already" seemed telling to me.  I don't think he could decide who to take out since they all didn't seem as frightened as he anticipated.  When Glenn broke down he seemed to know who he was going to kill at that point.  Ultimately he wants them for his army of sorts and he wouldn't want a weak one. Id cast my vote for Glenn

I also couldn't help noticing how helpful the long spear (that Rick was so quick to leave behind at the barn) would have been at the zombie red-rover road block.

... and what was the purpose of calling those walkers Michonne and Daryl?

Obviously they wouldn't have decomposed to that point already if it were them. Rick was with them that same morning.

I don't remember the exact sequence of events but something about him going to Carl and saying something like "would you cry already" seemed telling to me.  I don't think he could decide who to take out since they all didn't seem as frightened as he anticipated.  When Glenn broke down he seemed to know who he was going to kill at that point.  Ultimately he wants them for his army of sorts and he wouldn't want a weak one. Id cast my vote for Glenn
And I'm sort of leaning the other way.. He'd want to take out someone like Abraham that wasn't showing any fear at all.. After killing him he'd say something along the lines of "let that be the first of many lessons. Fear is the only way you survive now."  :mellow:

I also couldn't help noticing how helpful the long spear (that Rick was so quick to leave behind at the barn) would have been at the zombie red-rover road block.

Obviously they wouldn't have decomposed to that point already if it were them. Rick was with them that same morning.
I thought the saviors were toying with Rick by putting Michonne's lock and Daryl's coat on two of the walkers, basically saying we have some of your people.

They didn't call them Daryl and Michonne.. Only that parts on the Zombies were from them.. Thus Rick grabbing the curl off the Zombie.. It was a sign from the Saviors to Rick that we have some of yours now.. Then shoot at their feet making them run.. As Rick said after.. they were being played with, and they had no idea where it was headed... :oldunsure:

I'm not clear that Rick could become a martyr after his bad decisions lead the group to its fate.  Still, you may be correct.  Me, I want leaders gone and then some debt owed, if in a Stockholm Syndrome sort of way, for return of the healed wounded and the emotional rallying point person.

All this said, I have no personal experience subjugating a warring clan on my borders, so I may have it all wrong and you could be entirely correct.
I have some experience in this realm, having crushed my fair share of rebellions.

You kill someone and people have their memories of them being strong, being a leader. Being brave and fearless and powerful. You hold onto that memory and it's set in stone in death.

If you break that person, beat them, torture them. Make them look weak, make them beg and plead and cry. You destroy that mythos. You tear down the facade of them being an in control leader. Someone strong and powerful becomes weak and impotent.

Will we ever see Tara and whats his face again? Left on a supply run about 5 episodes ago. Seems the writers forgot about those 2. Or do they just want US to forget about them so they can be brought back at an opportune time?
not sure how tv production goes down but the actress that plays tara was preggers and had her kid so assume she had to take some time off

I have some experience in this realm, having crushed my fair share of rebellions.

You kill someone and people have their memories of them being strong, being a leader. Being brave and fearless and powerful. You hold onto that memory and it's set in stone in death.

If you break that person, beat them, torture them. Make them look weak, make them beg and plead and cry. You destroy that mythos. You tear down the facade of them being an in control leader. Someone strong and powerful becomes weak and impotent.
this is my child rearing philosophy

Users who are viewing this thread