What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (7 Viewers)

The biggest BS part of the finale is all the hype the actors gave into it:

Really?  I'll give you two reasons why this is compete BS:

1- They didn't really have to film any of it since we didn't get to see it.

2- They now claim the script doesn't identify who got the bat.
Being the Devil's advocate kind of guy, I would suggest that the possibility that the original script may have been changed and the ending altered.  For all we know, they could have originally shot it with Abe having his head bashed in.  

Being the Devil's advocate kind of guy, I would suggest that the possibility that the original script may have been changed and the ending altered.  For all we know, they could have originally shot it with Abe having his head bashed in.  
Or Judith. 

Gotta be someone from the van.  The show was so focused on showing the first person point of view of one of them throughout the show, all the way to the end.

It was what it was. I wanted more but oh well...

Couple observations I made that bugged me a little. After the third checkpoint and you can see the numbers of the enemy are going up, why not just double back and just take on the six- seven guys back there?  Now granted they could've added reinforcements,  but I think that's what I would've done. 

I don't like Carl, but he particularly annoyed me throughout this episode. Let's see we are sneaking through the woods. Your dad and Abe are having to carry this pregnant woman and you decide this is a time to discuss life's important issues with your dad  making no effort to try and be quiet.  I was screaming at the TV "shut up Carl!!!!" 

I don't like Carl, but he particularly annoyed me throughout this episode. Let's see we are sneaking through the woods. Your dad and Abe are having to carry this pregnant woman and you decide this is a time to discuss life's important issues with your dad  making no effort to try and be quiet.  I was screaming at the TV "shut up Carl!!!!" 
He was the only one who didn't look scared during the whole Negan meet and greet.  I thought that was kind of cool.

Shows that the writer having no clue what happened in the episode at all. The useless Carol tsngent, which only served the purpose of introducing the group they will need next season, is a prime example of that.
Yes. There was no other way to "introduce" a group. I'm sorry the mean article writer hurt your feelings.

Just caught the finale.

Predictably, the "non-spoiler speculation" that whomever it was posted in this thread about the ending was dead on.  If someone had spoiled things that badly back in the early days of the show when it was really good it would have sucked.

This finale was just another example of how this show has changed.  From serious drama with balls to action shoot-em-up without any.  For the first few seasons of this show they'd fairly regularly kill off a main character or two in some random episode in the middle of the season that seemed like it would be the perfect time for some filler.  Now, with a bigger cast then ever, a character death means half a season of foreshadowing, a soap opera-esque "someone will pay the ultimate price" preview for the episode that literally tells the viewer that someone will die, and a lame "who died?" fade to black death all for what will likely be some 3rd tier character anyway.  If they were really going for a shocking death (Rick/Coral/Daryl) they would almost certainly have shown it as that would have generated a lot of buzz over the summer.  Like fake Glenn death #2 this seems like classic "how can we generate a bunch of buzz without actually shaking up the status quo much".  I'd like to be wrong but even if I am, it's all the same at this point.

Nathan R. Jessep said:
lol yep, after the repeated RV dead end scenes, I really thought he might do just that. On second thought, he could have done it, narrowed it down to two or three and had THAT be the cliffhanger, and i think there would have been at least a little less angry backlash from the fan base. 
With the number of times that Negan's group has had the Alexandrian's captured at gunpoint without being able to take out a single one of them, they pretty much had to make it clear that someone actually died or we'd all have assumed this was just superhero escape sequence #7.  Heck, with the incompetence of these guys at finishing anyone off I'm still not quite convinced that Negan didn't swing and miss and hit a bottle of ketchup that sprayed on the camera lens.

cstu said:
This is a very good summary.  The actual Negan scene would have been pretty good in a vacuum (minus the cliff-hanger of course).  But it was ruined by 75 minutes of pointless build-up, and by the time they finally got around to revealing him, it was impossible not to be looking at your watch and realizing that the episode was about to end and they were going to have to leave things hanging.  And that was the best part of the episode.  Literally everything else was terrible.  

I know it's a Simpson-y thing to do, but yeah I think it's safe to call this one the worst episode ever.  The other candidates (like the "it's raining zombies" episode) just feature occasional lapses into stupidity or (like the dumpster-gate episode) insult the viewer a little.  This one was 90 solid minutes of wasted time, idiocy, and gratuitous insult. 

Not to lay on the comic book tip....but it made so much more sense in the comic. They were just going to Hilltop to converse with Gregory, they decided to stop for the night and were ambushed by Negan's group.  Simple. Efficient. Not the melodrama that this show has completely embraced. 

It truly was horrid. What were they thinking?
I haven't thought this till somewhat recently, but it seems they stopped trying to make a good show and are trying to "throw off" the audience instead thinking it makes for good drama since they know how much this show is talked about on Talking Dead and social media, and numerous online articles.

I still have not watched this last episode other than the last 10 minutes, but honestly, that scene was great.  JDM was great.  He actually came close to living up to the hype of the whole thing.  The lineup was great.  It was set up to be great.  Everything about it was great except the obvious.  This was the barn scene without Sophia.  Excellent scene in every way but without the payoff. 

It just doesn't make sense to end it that way because 1, it is dumb and ruined what should have topped off a great scene, and 2, the person he killed is going to be KNOWN before the first episode next season.  Guaranteed. 

I haven't thought this till somewhat recently, but it seems they stopped trying to make a good show and are trying to "throw off" the audience instead thinking it makes for good drama since they know how much this show is talked about on Talking Dead and social media, and numerous online articles.

I still have not watched this last episode other than the last 10 minutes, but honestly, that scene was great.  JDM was great.  He actually came close to living up to the hype of the whole thing.  The lineup was great.  It was set up to be great.  Everything about it was great except the obvious.  This was the barn scene without Sophia.  Excellent scene in every way but without the payoff. 

It just doesn't make sense to end it that way because 1, it is dumb and ruined what should have topped off a great scene, and 2, the person he killed is going to be KNOWN before the first episode next season.  Guaranteed. 
So it's getting Lostified?

My favorite part of this whole season finale is that if Maggie didn't have a miscarriage Negans guys would have been manning 4 roadblocks for weeks or possibly months hoping that the exact people he was looking for decided to drive down the road for some reason. 
Enid has to be Negan's spy.

This show has the unbelievable ability to absolutely ruin their best characters.

No need to list them all...just name a character at this point and feel confident it can be added to the list.

Carol is the latest traveshamockery of a character ever.

Turned her into a sniveling snot who decides to leave in order to protect the others from her sniveling ways.

But she leaves with no warning and no closure in the middle of the night (how anyone can get porcupine car out of there without someone hearing is beyond me...why even have guards if they're deaf, dumb and blind).

This would obviously lead to someone going after her...in this case half the town.

She then gets out there and wastes a half dozen guys.  What happened to being a conscientious objector?

She gets found by Morgan and then pulls a gun on him while telling him she can't kill anymore.  No one...not one writer in the room said, "Wait...we're gonna have her do what again, now?"

Don't make me kill you to prove to you that I'm done killing!

And how does it work for her anyway?  Leaving will ultimately result in her either killing others to survive or sacrificing herself.  But we see from the sleeve-uzi that she definitely won't just die.

Why the hell couldn't she just tell everyone she's done killing, like Morgan, and make more beet cookies while snotting all over herself whenever anything happens?

Just a completely repugnant character now.  I thought it was bad when they turned Thor - hammer wielding Tyrese into a wimp but this is just stupid and downright offensive in order to drive a plot.

Last edited by a moderator:
That pit full of zombies would've come in handy now...but they had to pied piper those bad boys down the road instead.

its almost like they decided to create a parallel universe where Carl is the bad ###, Carol is a sniveling wimp, Elvis is a feral dog, the Reverend is a stone cold killer, Darryl is really stupid and sensitive, Red is a domesticated couch boy and Rick is a crybaby.   I call it opposite world

That's been my growing feeling - they are now specifically making the show for the hype, instead of just making a good show.

I just watched it again.  The first 75 minutes is still a pretty terrible episode, but actor playing Negan really is great.
Negan's #2 is a pretty good character too.

But yea, everything else was just awful.  We finally get some good bad guys and now all the good guys are too freaking obnoxious to cheer for.

I hope Negan and taller Michael Kelly kill all the Alexandrians and the show becomes about them instead.  There isn't a single Alexandrian that I care about anymore.

Negan's #2 is a pretty good character too.

But yea, everything else was just awful.  We finally get some good bad guys and now all the good guys are too freaking obnoxious to cheer for.

I hope Negan and taller Michael Kelly kill all the Alexandrians and the show becomes about them instead.  There isn't a single Alexandrian that I care about anymore.
You're right.  The #2 guy was good, too.

Copeman said:
He was the only one who didn't look scared during the whole Negan meet and greet.  I thought that was kind of cool.
Carl wasn't scared at all. At one point while Negan was giving his pep-talk, I think I saw Carl lean towards Rick and whisper "ok dad, ... what's the plan?"

My favorite part of this whole season finale is that if Maggie didn't have a miscarriage Negans guys would have been manning 4 roadblocks for weeks or possibly months hoping that the exact people he was looking for decided to drive down the road for some reason. 
The miscarriage was Negan's plan to get Rick and whoever would join him outside the gates on their way to Hilltop so they could ambush them.  Enid is the plant.  Enid gave Maggie the pickles which made her sick knowing they'd have to get her to a doctor.  Dwight had told Negan that their doctor (Denise) was dead.  He knew they'd try to take her to hilltop to see their doctor.  Blocked known roads and waited. 

Just a theory.  

The miscarriage was Negan's plan to get Rick and whoever would join him outside the gates on their way to Hilltop so they could ambush them.  Enid is the plant.  Enid gave Maggie the pickles which made her sick knowing they'd have to get her to a doctor.  Dwight had told Negan that their doctor (Denise) was dead.  He knew they'd try to take her to hilltop to see their doctor.  Blocked known roads and waited. 

Just a theory.  
If Enid was a spy she would've told Negan about Alexandria MONTHS ago and he would've been forcing them to give him 50% of everything a long time before Rick got there.

If Enid was a spy she would've told Negan about Alexandria MONTHS ago and he would've been forcing them to give him 50% of everything a long time before Rick got there.
Maybe.  Other than the houses and electricity, etc..  what did Alexandria have? They hadn't begun to plant fields, didn't have cattle.  Had a small armory but no real soldiers to pose a threat.  Although, they did have lots of women for Negan... so I don't know.  Maybe Enid liked it there (the short time she was there) and didn't want to tell Negan or maybe she didn't get pulled into Negan's group until after she'd been there for awhile.  Never know with the writing on the show.  

Maybe.  Other than the houses and electricity, etc..  what did Alexandria have? They hadn't begun to plant fields, didn't have cattle.  Had a small armory but no real soldiers to pose a threat.  Although, they did have lots of women for Negan... so I don't know.  Maybe Enid liked it there (the short time she was there) and didn't want to tell Negan or maybe she didn't get pulled into Negan's group until after she'd been there for awhile.  Never know with the writing on the show.  
I don't think it would matter what they had.  He'd just want half.   I get the impression that a guy like Negan doesn't care if you have or don't have something.....it's just about taking what you do have from you. 

Just a theory.  
How would Dwight have known that Denise was Alexandria's doctor?  As far as he knew, she was just some chubby chick he accidentally killed while aiming for Daryl.  He'd never been inside Alexandria. 

Someone posted a link to Audio before the finale which I refused to click.. And AMC is doing all they can to delete the file any time it shows up, so this might not last long..

Oh, not like it should be needed but....  Possible SPOILER.... DO NOT CLICK THE LINK if you don't want to know!

The ending of the audio sure seems to give it away.... :oldunsure:

Now they could easily redo the ending and pretend that never happened.. But if they stick with it :bye: to whom many thought it would be.

Someone posted a link to Audio before the finale which I refused to click.. And AMC is doing all they can to delete the file any time it shows up, so this might not last long..

Oh, not like it should be needed but....  Possible SPOILER.... DO NOT CLICK THE LINK if you don't want to know!

The ending of the audio sure seems to give it away.... :oldunsure:

Now they could easily redo the ending and pretend that never happened.. But if they stick with it :bye: to whom many thought it would be.
This whole thing fascinates me. Why would they change it after the fact? Like I said, I don't even care who it is anymore because they removed all the drama from the buildup. They ruined it now and we'' all find out before the season starts anyway. I listened. Sounds horrifying. They should've kept it like that. Would've been awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread