Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread***

I don't know. I think that 13 episodes is pretty early to judge, jury and execute a serial series

To a certain extent that't the downside to shorter seasons (which I generally approve of). It's absolutely true that many shows that turned out to be pretty good had not found their feet by their 13th episode. For those shows, that was normally half way through their first season. But the Walking Dead has given us six hours. Then a break and lots of hype about coming back. And then another six hours. And then more hype. It's not giving itself the luxury of finding its feet.
It's not up to the show when they are aired. It's up to the network.
Did Darabont (sp?) leaving have anything to do with the split season?

I don't know. I think that 13 episodes is pretty early to judge, jury and execute a serial series

To a certain extent that't the downside to shorter seasons (which I generally approve of). It's absolutely true that many shows that turned out to be pretty good had not found their feet by their 13th episode. For those shows, that was normally half way through their first season. But the Walking Dead has given us six hours. Then a break and lots of hype about coming back. And then another six hours. And then more hype. It's not giving itself the luxury of finding its feet.
Doubt it, since this seems par for the course with many shows nowadays. Dunno what the networks are thinking when they do this.

Never said they didnt, but they are the ones who get personal and offended if you dare to criticize it and point out some of its (many) flaws.

Here's the thing: everybody here knows the show has flaws. Most of us that are watching have just accepted that the show is what it is, and despite it's flaws we simply want to enjoy it. Others may have decided that the show's warts were too much and they bailed. But it's the third group, the ones that continue to watch week after week and come in here and do nothing but complain incessantly about the same stuff over and over, these are the guys that simply ruin it for everyone else. We know the show has flaws, sure we wish it was better in many ways, but #####ing non-stop on a message board isn't going to change it. Jesus, try enjoying life a little bit. It's exhausting to deal with negative Nancy's all the time. Nobody here is personally offended, we are just sick of people that live their lives drowning in their own negativity trying to drag us down with them. Seriously, I started this thread and I pretty much stopped reading it because of you guys. Some people just aren't happy unless they are miserable and they make everyone around them miserable as well. :thumbdown: /rant

Never said they didnt, but they are the ones who get personal and offended if you dare to criticize it and point out some of its (many) flaws.

Here's the thing: everybody here knows the show has flaws. Most of us that are watching have just accepted that the show is what it is, and despite it's flaws we simply want to enjoy it. Others may have decided that the show's warts were too much and they bailed. But it's the third group, the ones that continue to watch week after week and come in here and do nothing but complain incessantly about the same stuff over and over, these are the guys that simply ruin it for everyone else.

We know the show has flaws, sure we wish it was better in many ways, but #####ing non-stop on a message board isn't going to change it. Jesus, try enjoying life a little bit. It's exhausting to deal with negative Nancy's all the time. Nobody here is personally offended, we are just sick of people that live their lives drowning in their own negativity trying to drag us down with them. Seriously, I started this thread and I pretty much stopped reading it because of you guys. Some people just aren't happy unless they are miserable and they make everyone around them miserable as well. :thumbdown:

/rant

Man, sorry I ruined the show for you. When did you stop watching?

Here's the thing: everybody here knows the show has flaws. Most of us that are watching have just accepted that the show is what it is, and despite it's flaws we simply want to enjoy it. Others may have decided that the show's warts were too much and they bailed. But it's the third group, the ones that continue to watch week after week and come in here and do nothing but complain incessantly about the same stuff over and over, these are the guys that simply ruin it for everyone else.

We know the show has flaws, sure we wish it was better in many ways, but #####ing non-stop on a message board isn't going to change it. Jesus, try enjoying life a little bit. It's exhausting to deal with negative Nancy's all the time. Nobody here is personally offended, we are just sick of people that live their lives drowning in their own negativity trying to drag us down with them. Seriously, I started this thread and I pretty much stopped reading it because of you guys. Some people just aren't happy unless they are miserable and they make everyone around them miserable as well. :thumbdown:

/rant

Man, sorry I ruined the show for you. When did you stop watching?
I didn't stop watching, I simply stopped participating in this thread. Too much negativity. :shrug:

Here's the thing: everybody here knows the show has flaws. Most of us that are watching have just accepted that the show is what it is, and despite it's flaws we simply want to enjoy it. Others may have decided that the show's warts were too much and they bailed. But it's the third group, the ones that continue to watch week after week and come in here and do nothing but complain incessantly about the same stuff over and over, these are the guys that simply ruin it for everyone else. We know the show has flaws, sure we wish it was better in many ways, but #####ing non-stop on a message board isn't going to change it. Jesus, try enjoying life a little bit. It's exhausting to deal with negative Nancy's all the time. Nobody here is personally offended, we are just sick of people that live their lives drowning in their own negativity trying to drag us down with them. Seriously, I started this thread and I pretty much stopped reading it because of you guys. Some people just aren't happy unless they are miserable and they make everyone around them miserable as well. :thumbdown: /rant
I'm borderline first and second group(maybe a fourth?) I almost gave up on the show, decided to give it a few more episodes and I fast-forward through some of the boring monologues to get to the action. I don't think the show is very good but I try not to come into this thread and gripe about it's problems. Now, after having read many of the far superior comics, I've found a renewed interest in the series. It's given me hope that it gets better but I'm not holding my breath.

Doubt it, since this seems par for the course with many shows nowadays. Dunno what the networks are thinking when they do this.
I do think that splitting shows really cuts the momentum of shows.

:lmao: No is stopping you from enjoying it, hell if someone wants to enjoy the latest Justin Bieber or Transformers movie, go for it. Thats not gonna prevent criticism though and certainly doesnt fit the hilarious hyperbole of "people that live their lives drowning in their own negativity", unless you think an accurate description of you is "people that live their lives obliviously unaware of any problems and only enjoy bright, shiny objects."

No is stopping you from enjoying it, hell if someone wants to enjoy the latest Justin Bieber or Transformers movie, go for it. Thats not gonna prevent criticism though and certainly doesnt fit the hilarious hyperbole of "people that live their lives drowning in their own negativity", unless you think an accurate description of you is "people that live their lives obliviously unaware of any problems and only enjoy bright, shiny objects."

Ha, yeah I went a little over the top there. Honestly you guys do come off as being here simply to troll the thread and it's tiresome. The show isn't perfect but it's dumb fun. Most of us take it for what it is and nothing more.

No is stopping you from enjoying it, hell if someone wants to enjoy the latest Justin Bieber or Transformers movie, go for it. Thats not gonna prevent criticism though and certainly doesnt fit the hilarious hyperbole of "people that live their lives drowning in their own negativity", unless you think an accurate description of you is "people that live their lives obliviously unaware of any problems and only enjoy bright, shiny objects."

Ha, yeah I went a little over the top there. Honestly you guys do come off as being here simply to troll the thread and it's tiresome. The show isn't perfect but it's dumb fun. Most of us take it for what it is and nothing more.
I was told of this show around Christmas Eve by my uncle. I thought aloud that how can they make a good tv show about zombies? I was assured it was quite a good show. Well, I came across the first season on Netflix and I watched an episode. By then they had baited me in and I was hooked. Great show and in fact after I finished the first season on Netflix I found a site that had the first part of the second season available. I am now up to speed on the show and I cannot wait to watch when the secsond season continues. By far the best show I've seen on tv in a LONG time. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

:popcorn: about time !!!

I've had the marathon on in the background why i did some crap around my house. Watching the fist half of the season you can see where some complaints about the season can come in. They did seem to drag out a couple of things (Glen finding the zombies in the barn and it taking 2 episodes for the show to deal with it), but i imagine what will come of it is a faster paced second half of the season.

I've had the marathon on in the background why i did some crap around my house. Watching the fist half of the season you can see where some complaints about the season can come in. They did seem to drag out a couple of things (Glen finding the zombies in the barn and it taking 2 episodes for the show to deal with it), but i imagine what will come of it is a faster paced second half of the season.
"We ended our first half of the second season with Sophia coming out of the barn. It was a big moment, and that's just the beginning of an escalation all the way through the finale," says creator Robert Kirkman. "These last six episodes are action-packed."

"The second half is all fireworks," says actor Norman Reedus (Daryl Dixon). "It's just bang-bang-bang the whole time."

MORE... http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/story/2012-02-08/The-Walking-Dead/53015690/1?

"We ended our first half of the second season with Sophia coming out of the barn. It was a big moment, and that's just the beginning of an escalation all the way through the finale," says creator Robert Kirkman. "These last six episodes are action-packed."

"The second half is all fireworks," says actor Norman Reedus (Daryl Dixon). "It's just bang-bang-bang the whole time."

MORE... http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/story/2012-02-08/The-Walking-Dead/53015690/1?

Sounds like Prom

:shock:

W T H??Why in the hell did Rick shoot those two??

Because it was apparent that they were planning on doing the same to Rick? They id'd him as the only threat and positioned themselves in a way where he couldn't cover them both at once after they figured out Rick wasn't going to give up the location of the farm.

i liked the episode. They did a good job of filling in some action when the plot has some slow points. Getting Hershel was more of a character progression process, and throwing in the 2 randoms further moved Rick's character, but also created some drama to keep everyone engaged.

And you have to love Clutch playing the song to end the episode, Big thumbs up to the show for that

And potential spoiler for those who have read the comics

I think i will continue with my theory that Shane is the potential governor. They had T-Dogg seemingly taking Shane's side in a few scenes, and Darryl also pushing Rick away when he spoke to Laurie, and I could see them both go with Shane once some more characters from the comics into the T show, and later show up with Shane as the governor and their gang. It would be a good way to give some characters to the Governor's group that the TV audience could already identify with, and would make some further plot lines in that piece of the story. I don't think it would be bad to do this, but I also hope there are more surprises they have coming as well

Sigh. Anyone NOT see the car wreck coming?

It would be nice if everyone in this show wasn't so damned predictably stupid.
No kidding. How are these people the survivors?
Alright, what the hell, I'll bite. So you guys mean to tell us that a few months after the zombie apocalypse hits you would be driving down the road with full attention on the road? They haven't seen another moving car outside of theirs in who knows how long, and it would seem quite logical that they have used this road a few times before (i think they did with the scene with Shane and the blond hair girl driving back from something), so what in the world would you be anticipating crossing the street at that time. granted, she probably should know where she was going and not need a map to check like that driving, but I think it is perfectly believable that she would be driving to the town and not paying much attn because it wasn't needed, and then she somebody in the road and panics. I think you can chalk it up to bad luck and a desire to move the show along with different things happening to them rather then nice, peaceful drives back and forth every time.

Alright, what the hell, I'll bite. So you guys mean to tell us that a few months after the zombie apocalypse hits you would be driving down the road with full attention on the road? They haven't seen another moving car outside of theirs in who knows how long, and it would seem quite logical that they have used this road a few times before (i think they did with the scene with Shane and the blond hair girl driving back from something), so what in the world would you be anticipating crossing the street at that time. granted, she probably should know where she was going and not need a map to check like that driving, but I think it is perfectly believable that she would be driving to the town and not paying much attn because it wasn't needed, and then she somebody in the road and panics. I think you can chalk it up to bad luck and a desire to move the show along with different things happening to them rather then nice, peaceful drives back and forth every time.
1. Why did she feel the need to take off in the first place? Wasn't the plan for Rick and Short Round to find Hershel and then head back? Did she think she was going to speed up the process?2. Regardless of the lack of traffic paying attention to the road would be the smart thing to do. Unless I'm mistaken road maintenance isn't happening any more. Washed out bridge? Fallen trees? Random cars in the middle of the road etc. 3. Anyone on this show that takes off on their own is a dope. Still not sure why they haven't figured it out yet.

Alright, what the hell, I'll bite. So you guys mean to tell us that a few months after the zombie apocalypse hits you would be driving down the road with full attention on the road? They haven't seen another moving car outside of theirs in who knows how long, and it would seem quite logical that they have used this road a few times before (i think they did with the scene with Shane and the blond hair girl driving back from something), so what in the world would you be anticipating crossing the street at that time. granted, she probably should know where she was going and not need a map to check like that driving, but I think it is perfectly believable that she would be driving to the town and not paying much attn because it wasn't needed, and then she somebody in the road and panics.

I think you can chalk it up to bad luck and a desire to move the show along with different things happening to them rather then nice, peaceful drives back and forth every time.

1. Why did she feel the need to take off in the first place? Wasn't the plan for Rick and Short Round to find Hershel and then head back? Did she think she was going to speed up the process?

2. Regardless of the lack of traffic paying attention to the road would be the smart thing to do. Unless I'm mistaken road maintenance isn't happening any more. Washed out bridge? Fallen trees? Random cars in the middle of the road etc.

3. Anyone on this show that takes off on their own is a dope. Still not sure why they haven't figured it out yet.

That was the big wtf moment for me. She had just finished lecturing Rick about how their boy needs him, then takes off on her own to potentially leave the kid an orphan. Genius!

Alright, what the hell, I'll bite. So you guys mean to tell us that a few months after the zombie apocalypse hits you would be driving down the road with full attention on the road? They haven't seen another moving car outside of theirs in who knows how long, and it would seem quite logical that they have used this road a few times before (i think they did with the scene with Shane and the blond hair girl driving back from something), so what in the world would you be anticipating crossing the street at that time. granted, she probably should know where she was going and not need a map to check like that driving, but I think it is perfectly believable that she would be driving to the town and not paying much attn because it wasn't needed, and then she somebody in the road and panics.

I think you can chalk it up to bad luck and a desire to move the show along with different things happening to them rather then nice, peaceful drives back and forth every time.

1. Why did she feel the need to take off in the first place? Wasn't the plan for Rick and Short Round to find Hershel and then head back? Did she think she was going to speed up the process?

2. Regardless of the lack of traffic paying attention to the road would be the smart thing to do. Unless I'm mistaken road maintenance isn't happening any more. Washed out bridge? Fallen trees? Random cars in the middle of the road etc.

3. Anyone on this show that takes off on their own is a dope. Still not sure why they haven't figured it out yet.

That was the big wtf moment for me. She had just finished lecturing Rick about how their boy needs him, then takes off on her own to potentially leave the kid an orphan. Genius!
Alright, good enough. 2 reasonable answers there. The only I can think of as a response though is that i don't think Laurie is one of the people i would want to depend on in a zombie apocalypse. Basically I guess, for her character, I wouldn't be that surprised to see something like that happen because she seems kind of dopey. If it was Rick or somebody else it would seem like more of a stretch, but Laurie or some of the characters just do not seem like they are thinking things through in quite a few situations.

she always seems a little frantic with her thinking, and i think what the writers were trying to tell us is without a leader in the area (hershel, Rick, Shane, and lastly Darryl) Laurie felt she had to do something to lead the group because the people in the house were looking like a mess starting at the girl dying or whatever she is doing. So when Darryl said no, she just dove right in without thinking...

ETA: So i guess, it is in the character of Laurie that something like that would happen, and that is what makes it more reasonable. She seems like she is trying to hold things together, but in reality she is not very capable of doing anything like that. Now if she drove down to the town with no problems and shot those 2 guys dead, then i think we would have a lot to argue about with the show

Edited by modogg

Not really.

Not really.

A much better episode but we still got a Rick and Herschel meaning of life discussion that we could have done without.

I still dont get the whole "get off my land" mindset. Its not really your land anymore Herschell.

Edited by pantherclub

Its a series, its impossible to have non-stop action, even 24 had its lulls. If you want all action watch a zombie movie , i like that they take the time to develope the characters,like in the graphic novel(the whole premise btw).I dont analyse every move someone makes, who knows what anyone would do if they were in that situation...monday morning quarterbacking a tv show lol. Just enjoy the idea of a zombie apocalypse and all that comes with it...just my :2cents:

I liked this past episode...

I agree. Little things like the arm falling off the truck load of dead zombies and the woman jumping off to retrieve it, like it happens every day...thats what the world has come to, its becoming a part of there everyday life. Watching Rick not just shoot those 2 dudes but to shoot the fat one 3 times and almost putting another round in the dead guys head...like he almost enjoyed it. You can see how the new world is changing people, slowly but surely...its fun watch .