What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (5 Viewers)

When Commissioner Negan suspends King Ezekiel for domestic violence, will Alfred Morgan be effective in that role? Will he be able to successfully defend the Shiva or will he be Sackoed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoyed it. Thought the Ezekiel/Carol scene was really well done, especially his transformation from the King to "Zeke" and his explanation how he went from being a regular zookeeper to the ruler of the kingdom. That really humanized him instead of having him just be this goofy guy trying to be some king as Carol first thought him to be. It was also good that he quickly saw through Carol's Alexandria act so that we didn't just have her repeating that all over again. Also loved that they are providing food for the Saviors but with walker stuffing. That was a nice twist. 

After last week we needed a lighter episode but I'm glad they're keeping everything tied together so there is a connection between the Kingdom and the Saviors. Would like to see how Ezekiel and Negan confront one another. I would imagine that could happen at some point down the line.  

Enjoyed it. Thought the Ezekiel/Carol scene was really well done, especially his transformation from the King to "Zeke" and his explanation how he went from being a regular zookeeper to the ruler of the kingdom. That really humanized him instead of having him just be this goofy guy trying to be some king as Carol first thought him to be. It was also good that he quickly saw through Carol's Alexandria act so that we didn't just have her repeating that all over again. Also loved that they are providing food for the Saviors but with walker stuffing. That was a nice twist. 

After last week we needed a lighter episode but I'm glad they're keeping everything tied together so there is a connection between the Kingdom and the Saviors. Would like to see how Ezekiel and Negan confront one another. I would imagine that could happen at some point down the line.  
Guessing that won't happen until the Kingdom joins up with Alexandria and The Hilltop.... Maybe by the end of the season.. Might take this season to build up "The war" that is bound to be coming..

Maybe the build happens to the Mid-season break, with the first of many encounters happening at the break, and the 2nd half of the season is the battle. :shrug:  

Guessing that won't happen until the Kingdom joins up with Alexandria and The Hilltop.... Maybe by the end of the season.. Might take this season to build up "The war" that is bound to be coming..

Maybe the build happens to the Mid-season break, with the first of many encounters happening at the break, and the 2nd half of the season is the battle. :shrug:  
####ified Rick for an entire season will make for pretty boring television so I hope they don't go that route. Half a season would make more sense. Certainly makes sense that Rick and Ezekiel meet at some point to form an alliance against Negan. So from a plotting standpoint having them meet at some point in the first half of the season and then have a war vs. Negan be the focal point of the second half would seem to make sense. I don't see Negan being killed off, though. I don't know what happens in the comics or if he's still alive or any of that but he seems pretty important so my guess is he's gonna hang around for awhile.

packersfan said:
####ified Rick for an entire season will make for pretty boring television so I hope they don't go that route. Half a season would make more sense. Certainly makes sense that Rick and Ezekiel meet at some point to form an alliance against Negan. So from a plotting standpoint having them meet at some point in the first half of the season and then have a war vs. Negan be the focal point of the second half would seem to make sense. I don't see Negan being killed off, though. I don't know what happens in the comics or if he's still alive or any of that but he seems pretty important so my guess is he's gonna hang around for awhile.
I don't think Rick's experience ####ified him, rather knocked some sense into him that you don't go into battle with an unknown enemy half-cocked.  He'll lick his wounded ego but I expect the rest of the season will be him acting like real leader and building an army.

snogger said:

:lmao:   Not that I care, but, doesn't packers like to stay away from spoilers.  The war isn't exactly common knowledge is it?

But since we're talking about it already how do you think it's going to stand up against The Battle of Winterfell?  Kind of puts the Emmy talk a few pages back into perspective.

:lmao:   Not that I care, but, doesn't packers like to stay away from spoilers.  The war isn't exactly common knowledge is it?

But since we're talking about it already how do you think it's going to stand up against The Battle of Winterfell?  Kind of puts the Emmy talk a few pages back into perspective.
What else would happen?  Rick's group isn't going to settle into life as peasants farming for Negan.

Oh, and they have Daryl.

ghostguy123 said:
There's a lot of things I wouldn't want to do in the zombie apocalypse, but if it isn't harming you in any way I could certainly see bolstering the food supply that way. 

However, it would be rather strange if there were no ill effects from that.
Clearly the only reasonable solution to make it safe is to turn it to bacon first.

What else would happen?  Rick's group isn't going to settle into life as peasants farming for Negan.

Oh, and they have Daryl.
:goodposting:

I stopped reading the comics at about the Governor part so have no idea what the future holds for the show....

But it seems more then obvious that at some point there will be a War between Rick and whoever he can gather vs. Negan... or is tony thinking the rest of the series is Negan and Rick living in "peace" ??

I don't think Rick's experience ####ified him, rather knocked some sense into him that you don't go into battle with an unknown enemy half-cocked.  He'll lick his wounded ego but I expect the rest of the season will be him acting like real leader and building an army.
It's probably semantics. I'm not sure, though, he feels right now that he got any sense knocked into him. I think Negan has totally defeated him. I think he is completely beaten right now. Negan has taken everything from him and mostly his dignity. No one has done that to him before. Something will need to happen for BadAssRickGrimes to return. I'm interested to see what event(s) will spark that return. But for the moment I think he's at his completely lowest point and I'm guessing he'll remain there for awhile but as I said I hope this doesn't last too long. Half a season or so is fine but let's not drag it out for too long. Rick's too important to the show for him to remain a despondent character.

In response to what tonydead just said, yes I avoid spoilers so I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm only assuming there's going to be a battle against Negan. Doesn't everyone assume there's going to be one? Seems like the inevitable outcome of Rick killing a bunch of saviors and Negan killing Glenn and Abe and Zeke feeding Walker stuffing to the Saviors (assuming they ever find out about that) and so forth. None of this is gonna end well. 

Basically Negan represents Great Britain, Alexandria, Hilltop, and the Kingdom represent the colonies, and what Negan is doing is "No taxation without representation". Eventually there will be a Revolutionary War.

Yeah, I'm not sure it matters whether Rick is beaten or just playing possum or whatever. He's massively outnumbered and I'm sure Negan's crew will be keeping tabs on him to make sure he can't plan anything (stockpiling weapons, allying with other groups, etc).

I'm more interested in learned about Negan's backstory and just how his group works. Is it a situation where if Negan dies, the entire thing crumbles? (since they're just held together through fear)  What happens if Negan shows up at Alexandria (shown in the previews) with a smallish group (10-15 guys) and Sasha takes his head off with a sniper shot from a hidden position? Does the group just basically collapse without his leadership/iron fist or does that just set off a war that Rick and Co. still can't probably win? 

I stopped reading the comics at about the Governor part so have no idea what the future holds for the show....

But it seems more then obvious that at some point there will be a War between Rick and whoever he can gather vs. Negan... or is tony thinking the rest of the series is Negan and Rick living in "peace" ??
"The War", in quotes and everything, with the Kingdom joining forces with Alexandria and Hilltop.    Yeah, I guess that's just a given at this point.   :lmao:

But, if no one else cares I sure don't, there are more important things to talk about like how the hell the Kingdom has managed to keep pomegranate trees alive through DC's freezing winders.  

Yeah I wonder if we get a Negan flashback episode. That could be a way to stretch out the storyline a bit and delay any potential confrontation to come while allowing us to delve more fully into his character and seeing what makes him tick. Would seem to make sense. 

"The War", in quotes and everything, with the Kingdom joining forces with Alexandria and Hilltop.    Yeah, I guess that's just a given at this point.   :lmao:

But, if no one else cares I sure don't, there are more important things to talk about like how the hell the Kingdom has managed to keep pomegranate trees alive through DC's freezing winders.  
Maybe it isn't as obvious to others, and if not then sorry if my guess is a "spoiler" ... . but logically it makes sense.

First you have Alexandria, where Rick just watched two of his own get brutally murdered.... Sooner or later they will want their revenge.
Next you have The Hilltop, who have already tried to hire Rick and his group to take out Negan.
Lastly, you have The kingdom feeding the Dead to the Pigs as a FU to the Saviors and Negan..
all 3 alone know they have no chance against Negan and his army.. But together............ :oldunsure:

So yea, in my mind it seems pretty obvious where this is heading..

Maybe it isn't as obvious to others, and if not then sorry if my guess is a "spoiler" ... . but logically it makes sense.

First you have Alexandria, where Rick just watched two of his own get brutally murdered.... Sooner or later they will want their revenge.
Next you have The Hilltop, who have already tried to hire Rick and his group to take out Negan.
Lastly, you have The kingdom feeding the Dead to the Pigs as a FU to the Saviors and Negan..
all 3 alone know they have no chance against Negan and his army.. But together............ :oldunsure:

Gregory reluctantly agreed to trade half of his food to Rick's group in a now failed attempt to take out the Saviors. You so sure Gregory will want to risk all of Hilltop and go all in with them, a second time?

pretty obvious. especially with all the talk in the kingdom about how people would want to go to war if word got out.

I just hope they don't gratuitously kill the cgi tiger.

Gregory reluctantly agreed to trade half of his food to Rick's group in a now failed attempt to take out the Saviors. You so sure Gregory will want to risk all of Hilltop and go all in with them, a second time?
Don't forget Negan wants Gregory dead. When he finds out Rick put a stop to that plan he'll probably try and get it done a second time. Maybe he'll send Rick to do it. 

I haven't read past this time in the comics either (#100 I think) so I'm not spoiling anything.  There wouldn't be a new group introduced if the plan wasn't to go after Negan.  Besides, they have to anyway to get Daryl. 

I haven't read past this time in the comics either (#100 I think) so I'm not spoiling anything.  There wouldn't be a new group introduced if the plan wasn't to go after Negan.  Besides, they have to anyway to get Daryl. 
My money would be on Daryl escaping on his own before Rick gets the balls to defy Negan again

Basically Negan represents Great Britain, Alexandria, Hilltop, and the Kingdom represent the colonies, and what Negan is doing is "No taxation without representation". Eventually there will be a Revolutionary War.
I think you've been spending too much time watching The History Channel.

I was so damn close to turning it off and deleting it from my DVR when Carol was wheeled in to meet Ezekiel, but it turned out alright with him just BS'ing it all.

I was so damn close to turning it off and deleting it from my DVR when Carol was wheeled in to meet Ezekiel, but it turned out alright with him just BS'ing it all.
I'm surprised there were some people (not here; on the Interwebs) questioning whether the Zeke reveal came too soon. That was easily the best scene in the episode. You don't want this character slipping into a parody and that scene humanized him and showed why he became the leader he's become. Plus it established a connection between him and Carol. It was a great moment and the episode would've been lost without it. I thought the way Payton transformed his entire persona from Ezekiel to Zeke was really impressive. That was a great piece of acting on his part. As impressive as Jeffrey Dean Morgan's arrival to the show has been I was just as impressed with with Payton's entrance. I'm looking forward to both characters and can't wait for Negan and Ezekiel to interact with one another. 

To be honest.. When Carol met "The King", her reaction was the same as mine.. Wow, they are REALLY going over the top on this one.. :oldunsure:

But during the Pig hunt, and other interactions with Morgan he seemed a little less "Over the top" .. and then the Conversation with Carol sold me on the character.

Can't wait until Rick meets him and the Tiger. :lol:
Man, you really like every single thing you see.  Amazing.

Man, you really like every single thing you see.  Amazing.
If you say so then it must be so...

Guess you missed my many rants last season. . aka Glenn dumpster dive, the Morgan sideshow episode, etc. . Then again those wouldn't fit your infatuation with me liking this show so I'm sure you bypassed  them. . but please.. keep on keeping on :thumbup:

If you say do then it must be so...

Guess you missed my many rants last season. . aka Glenn dumpster dive, the Morgan sideshow episode, etc. . Then again those wouldn't fit your infatuation with me liking this show so I'm sure you bypassed  them. . but pleade.. keep on keeping on :thumbup:
Every week I check this thread and find a little recap post with you lauding the episode. :shrug:  

I'm surprised there were some people (not here; on the Interwebs) questioning whether the Zeke reveal came too soon. That was easily the best scene in the episode. You don't want this character slipping into a parody and that scene humanized him and showed why he became the leader he's become. Plus it established a connection between him and Carol. It was a great moment and the episode would've been lost without it. I thought the way Payton transformed his entire persona from Ezekiel to Zeke was really impressive. That was a great piece of acting on his part. As impressive as Jeffrey Dean Morgan's arrival to the show has been I was just as impressed with with Payton's entrance. I'm looking forward to both characters and can't wait for Negan and Ezekiel to interact with one another. 
The dude talks like a medieval king and has a tiger, they couldn't keep that gag going for multiple episodes.

If you say so then it must be so...

Guess you missed my many rants last season. . aka Glenn dumpster dive, the Morgan sideshow episode, etc. . Then again those wouldn't fit your infatuation with me liking this show so I'm sure you bypassed  them. . but please.. keep on keeping on :thumbup:
Pretty sure everyone, including those of us who really love the show, really disliked the fake Glenn death. Most of us made that real clear. 

dang I guess I shouldn't have gotten bored and started playing on my phone when Carl and the king were talking. Sounds like I missed something

This was my take. Very well done with King Ezekial. First impression was that the dude was certifiable, but not evil. Was fun the way they opened him up and it turned out he was bordering on genius and very real. Terrific addition to the cast.

Was one of my favorite episode of the last 3 seasons.

Yeah I wonder if we get a Negan flashback episode. That could be a way to stretch out the storyline a bit and delay any potential confrontation to come while allowing us to delve more fully into his character and seeing what makes him tick. Would seem to make sense. 
JDM did an interview on the Rich Eisen show last week after the S7 premiere, and basically said that there will be no Negan flashback/origin type story this season.  He didn't rule it out for the future though.

Hope this isn't considered spoiler material

Users who are viewing this thread