What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (2 Viewers)

For those thinking they should have just killed Negan and taken their chances....

There is a 95% chance that if you follow his rules everyone lives.. But if you kill him, the odds are 50/50 whether his followers would start killing or run and hide.

Might be me, but I'll take the better then 95% chance to survive following him for now, then the 50/50 chance of living.  :shrug:
Survival ain't living.  I would rather die free than live in servitude that includes daily humiliation and subjugation.

Still think it was foolish to a) Not destroy the inventory list. Not having an accounting of all the guns is believable, and b) not stash some away for a rainy day.  if Rick was so worried, he could have kept it to himself - but still.  I get they were trying to show how broken he was, but still feels like there should have been a part of him that knew he had to have a plan b.   Hell, just skip town.
The worst part was when he took michone's rifle when negan didn't know about it.  Then Rick implies that they might have more weapons which never came inside the wire - when the rifle was now inside the wire.  Unless I misheard, rick said "this never came inside", pretty clearly wrong. 

Last edited by a moderator:
  •  
 When beggars die, there are no comets seen; the heavens themselves blaze forth the death of princes.

Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.

I must be in the minority here, but I like it when Neegan is on screen.  His character is a little cartoonish and over the top at times, but I get a good laugh out of it.  The show seemed to take itself too seriously in previous seasons.  This one is finally fun and has me waiting to see what he does next. :popcorn:

Was it me or did some of the commercials feel out of place? Like usually when they go to a commercial, it seems like it fits into the show. Some of the times last night when they went to a break, just seemed to be odd timing. It was like AMC wanted some more money out of last night's episode.
Yes, very odd timing on some of them.

I must be in the minority here, but I like it when Neegan is on screen.  His character is a little cartoonish and over the top at times, but I get a good laugh out of it.  The show seemed to take itself too seriously in previous seasons.  This one is finally fun and has me waiting to see what he does next. :popcorn:
I like him alot too. He makes me laugh quite a bit. Just the way he...(headnod)... delivers (shoulders) ... ever (headnod) ... single (shoulders) .... word (headnod) gets a little tiresome. The actor playing him went a little nuts with that.

I like him alot too. He makes me laugh quite a bit. Just the way he...(headnod)... delivers (shoulders) ... ever (headnod) ... single (shoulders) .... word (headnod) gets a little tiresome. The actor playing him went a little nuts with that.
Is it bad that I find myself nodding my own head as Neegan is speaking?  I chuckle every (nod) single (shoulders) time (nod) he does it! (shoulders)   :lmao:

I Think there is some truth in this. But boy was I screaming at the TV for Rick to just shoot him in the head when Negan was on the other side of the gate knocking on it with the  bat to come in. 
Right. They had position, a gate, a rocket launcher, and tons of rifles/guns.  It wasn't like Negan's group spread out or did anything stealthily.  

No, but you suggested you watched more commercials than football.  I suggested a plausible and viable solution. 
I compared TWD commercials to the NFL commercials in regards to the amount of them. In a thread dedicated to The Walking Dead.  Is there a station where you can watch TWD without commercials?  One that is live?  The Dead Zone Channel??

I Think there is some truth in this. But boy was I screaming at the TV for Rick to just shoot him in the head when Negan was on the other side of the gate knocking on it with the  bat to come in. 
Right. They had position, a gate, a rocket launcher, and tons of rifles/guns.  It wasn't like Negan's group spread out or did anything stealthily.
They didn't know that at the time.. No watchers on the walls, seems they are slacking on their job duties and thus the surprise visit. Someone needs to be fired :angry:

Exactly.  I love the character and the actor.  it's just a little over the top.

So what is the score right now? Rick's crew has killed the Negan group with the rocket launcher by the gas truck, killed the outpost of people, killed 4 or 5 guys when theyy lost their lady dr, Carol and Morgan got 4 more when Carol was running out on them. Vs Negan killing Glen, Abraham and the lady dr. Also Carol and Maggie took out another 6 or so when they were taken to the slaughter house. 

Rick should do the math and realize that they are up by a score of 20-3 or so at this point and get his sack back.

Were I in charge of the Alexandrians today we would have the guns and supplies from Negan's Collection group added to our previously existing stockpile.  We would have Daryl back, Dwight would be dead at Daryl's hands, and Dwight and Negan would have appeared attached to the Walker Fence at Negan's compound overnight. That's right, they would have learned of the failed mission when Negan did not come back on time and the failure would have been 100% confirmed when they saw Walker Negan on their fence in the morning.

I would have let Negan's people still back at the compound leave it, on foot, one at a time, after relinquishing all long guns and handguns of 9mm or heavier capacity.  They would have been free to walk in the opposite direction of Alexandria.  They would have been marked as if by Aldo Raine so as to be shot on sight if they are within 100 miles of Alexandria.  Any of Negan's group that wanted to fight would have to emerge to do so, and they still would not know that we have IED on the roads between their compound and Alexandria. 

No reason to not have had this sorted out if they had a leader determined to Make Alexandria Great Again.

DVR, I started watching about 30 minutes into the show and caught up.  
I watch Westworld or anything else on HBO live, and then hit TWD on DVR.

jumping from quality tv to kinda-sorta tv doesn't help, but not watching all those commercials does.

speaking of... is there another in-commercial twd tv show happening the way they did with the airplane in FTWD? I think I've seen two women standing around scowling in a post-apocalyptic world every week.

I like negan even though it's over the top.

As far as any sort of ambush plan...they showed up early. (Probably on purpose to avoid just that)

Not easy to just come up with a plan given the limited time (only a few days) and the shock of what happened. They're also down 4 of their best fighters (Abe, Daryl,Glen and maggie)

Given how things went down, a guy like Rick had one thing in mind, keeping his kids alive. organizing some sort of haphazard revolt with such a weak force at his back (other than michonne and sasha,who else is worth a damn in a fight? ) doesn't help accomplish that goal.

The overacting was strong in that episode.  I wonder if it's intentional to the character or just the actor going ham?
Yeah they are totally overdoing it with Negan.  I liked the act in the premiere with him clubbing Big Red and Glenn, but the same droning/flashin' the smile and cute little catchphrases is getting old fast.  Bummer. :(

Liked this episode. Negan is nasty. He's developed a system to subjugate others to his will and pay him tribute. With as many followers as he has he's quite good at it.

It is a mistake though not to assign one of his men to be on site and monitor what is going on at Alexandria or the other communities unless there is someone already planted.

Negan is smart, knows how to intimidate and dominate yet keep the cow alive for repeated milking.

The overacting was strong in that episode.  I wonder if it's intentional to the character or just the actor going ham?
Yeah they are totally overdoing it with Negan.  I liked the act in the premiere with him clubbing Big Red and Glenn, but the same droning/flashin' the smile and cute little catchphrases is getting old fast.  Bummer. :(
 Negan and the King are "over the top" characters and will be for the foreseeable future.

It's like this show is based on a comic book or something ;)

Negan and the King are "over the top" characters and will be for the foreseeable future.

That would be unfortunate because I'm already done with Negan. I get it. He's menacing.

I'm starting to think future generations will talk about shows "clubbing the Glenn" instead of "jumping the shark."

That would be unfortunate because I'm already done with Negan. I get it. He's menacing.

I'm starting to think future generations will talk about shows "clubbing the Glenn" instead of "jumping the shark."
He will be a major character for at least the rest of this season, and possibly for more.

There is always the possibility that at some point he losses his leadership role and becomes a "normal" character..
But until that happens, he will be "Over the top" and if he is "fingernails on a chalkboard" already for you then, at least for the rest of this season, it would be best to take a break..

You know, how you did with Political threads here for a while ;)

Andy Dufresne said:

Was all in up to the season six cliffhanger. I hated that.

Like everyone else, however, I watched the season premier. Watched the second episode, but was disappointed it was not a continuation of the aftermath. Was not motivated to watch the Daryl episode (note: I hated that season where they all walked the tracks to Terminus and each week was a different group.)

I haven't watched the last one either. It's hard to explain, but I seem to have lost interest. 

Andy Dufresne said:

dumpster-diving the glenn, imo.

JohnnyU said:
It's going to be a long season.  People are already sick of Neagan. 
If people are already sick of Negan, it's probably time to stop watching.  I won't say anymore than that.

If people are already sick of Negan, it's probably time to stop watching.  I won't say anymore than that.
He needs to not have the same mannerisms and delivery in every episode because it is annoying.  I guess we just have to accept that IS his personality. 

Andy Dufresne said:

That sucks.  Because that's about where business started picking up in the book.

So Rick knows already that Negan and his crew know about the Hilltop, since they Hilltoppers are the ones that told them about Negan in the first place.  Maggie is at the Hilltop with the doctor.  So why in the world would Rick think I was a good idea to lie to Negan when he asked where Maggie was, and tell him that Maggie was dead? Even showed Negan a fake grave...  All it takes is for Negan or one of his guys who was at the beating in the woods to go to the Hilltop for a pickup and see Maggie there, and boom now Negan knows Rick lied  

There must be something I'm missing there...why would the writers have Rick lie about that? 

So Rick knows already that Negan and his crew know about the Hilltop, since they Hilltoppers are the ones that told them about Negan in the first place.  Maggie is at the Hilltop with the doctor.  So why in the world would Rick think I was a good idea to lie to Negan when he asked where Maggie was, and tell him that Maggie was dead? Even showed Negan a fake grave...  All it takes is for Negan or one of his guys who was at the beating in the woods to go to the Hilltop for a pickup and see Maggie there, and boom now Negan knows Rick lied  

There must be something I'm missing there...why would the writers have Rick lie about that? 
I think it's just setting someone else up to meet Lucille. Maybe Gabriel?

I think it's just setting someone else up to meet Lucille. Maybe Gabriel?
True, it was Gabriel's lie first.  Not sure how much he knows about what goes on outside of Judith's diapers these days.  But Rick went along with it, and ultimately Negan is going to hold Rick accountable as we've seen.  

So here's what I don't get. Rick and co thought ahead enough to "fake" Maggie being dead, but didn't think about hiding weapons? Seems odd.
this is wishful thinking on my part, but how do we know that they don't have a cache of weapons hidden somewhere, and the log was fake to make Negan think they got all of their guns - and giving up the hunting rifle was icing on the cake of the ruse..   

True, it was Gabriel's lie first.  Not sure how much he knows about what goes on outside of Judith's diapers these days.  But Rick went along with it, and ultimately Negan is going to hold Rick accountable as we've seen.  
If it wasn't a planned and coordinated lie, that is so, so stupid. All Neegan had to do was ask some of the other Alexandrians where Maggie is.  When they say that she's at Hilltop, or that they don't know where she is, the jig is up. Because if a pregnant woman died right there in the town and was thereafter buried in the town cemetery, people would know about it. 

Users who are viewing this thread