What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (5 Viewers)

So at what point do they decide to write for T-Dog?
:lmao: seriously, that guy has pretty much no value on this show. you have to feel for him a bit landing a role on a successful show, but they could put up a cardboard cut out in the background of T-dog and no one would no the difference. his time should be coming soon
He's like the guy on Boys 2 Men who always talked in the songs. Yeah, nobody remembers that guy either.

So at what point do they decide to write for T-Dog?
:lmao: seriously, that guy has pretty much no value on this show. you have to feel for him a bit landing a role on a successful show, but they could put up a cardboard cut out in the background of T-dog and no one would no the difference. his time should be coming soon
He's like the guy on Boys 2 Men who always talked in the songs. Yeah, nobody remembers that guy either.
Who?

'packersfan said:
Lori just got a lot more interesting at the end the way she planted the seed with Rick that he needs to kill Shane.
She did but while I was never really a fan before, she elevated to knot hole status after last night. Conniving women do not rate high in my book, even if it to knock off Shane who I don't care for either.

I don't know that it was conniving. Shane came out and said what he wanted and his past actions lead to the inevitable and obvious conclusion that Rick was in danger because of it.

Shane is losing allies quickly. At best there are some neutrals in the group (Darryl, T-bone, Glen, Carol -- and he'd better not piss off Darryl) but everybody else is aligning against him except for Andrea. And we don't know how even she'll react once she finds out about Otis.

I might be the only one, but I think Shane is awesome. It's always good to have a ticking time bomb waiting to explode, not knowing who or what he's going to lose it on next. I hope they keep him around, he keeps things interesting. :thumbup:

I might be the only one, but I think Shane is awesome. It's always good to have a ticking time bomb waiting to explode, not knowing who or what he's going to lose it on next. I hope they keep him around, he keeps things interesting. :thumbup:
No, you're not the only one. If they kill Shane off, they're going to have to replace him with somebody similar if they want to have any sort of interesting character interaction. Dale vs. Short Round just isn't going to get it done.

He's a good character for the show, helps keep the tension levels high. Which is not to be confused with liking his character, which is lacking. I enjoyed a semi-drunk Hershel telling him to shut his fat mouth.

Like I said a few days ago, IMO Shane is one of the better characters on the show. Any scene he is in is good. If they decide to kill off his character I hope they bring on another character that is equally as fun to watch. And I think that time will be coming soon.

What's up with this sudden seduction of Darryl by Carol? Are we in for a scene where Darryl is berating her and throwing her into walls and then all of a sudden they're tearing at each other's clothes? Actually, that sounds a little hot. :bag:

I don't know that it was conniving. Shane came out and said what he wanted and his past actions lead to the inevitable and obvious conclusion that Rick was in danger because of it.
I think it was absolutely conniving. Lori feels tremendous guilt over banging Shane and it's possible (if not probable) she still has feelings for him. The best solution for her to cope is for Shane to be gone. That way she won't have to deal with what she did and any feelings she may still have. There's also a survival of the fittest mode going on here too in my opinion. In that respect, Lori is a lot like Shane. That's probably why she's always been drawn to him - yes, I agree with Shane that what happened between them was a long time coming.I also hope they don't kill off Shane but I don't know how they can continue on the current path without something happening between Rick and Shane. At this point, I don't know if they can really co-exist any longer. Shane's still trying to stake his claim to what he thinks is his and Rick isn't going to just take that - especially with Lori pulling his mental strings now.

I think it was absolutely conniving. Lori feels tremendous guilt over banging Shane and it's possible (if not probable) she still has feelings for him. The best solution for her to cope is for Shane to be gone. That way she won't have to deal with what she did and any feelings she may still have. There's also a survival of the fittest mode going on here too in my opinion. In that respect, Lori is a lot like Shane. That's probably why she's always been drawn to him - yes, I agree with Shane that what happened between them was a long time coming.I also hope they don't kill off Shane but I don't know how they can continue on the current path without something happening between Rick and Shane. At this point, I don't know if they can really co-exist any longer. Shane's still trying to stake his claim to what he thinks is his and Rick isn't going to just take that - especially with Lori pulling his mental strings now.
I guess I just wouldn't consider it "conniving," which has kind of a negative connotation, for a wife to give her husband a heads up when she senses imminent danger. She's made a lot of mistakes along the way and Og knows she's a dislikable sort but she's been married to Rick for some time and hasn't wavered since she found out he was still alive.The writers are facing a difficult challenge in keeping Shane around, which is, as several have noted, a good thing for the series. Suppose he forces a confrontation with Rick and even wins it. Are the rest, especially Darryl, going to stand for that? Darryl may be oblivious to it now but do we really expect him not to take action if Shane should kill Rick, take his woman and family and assume command of the group? It's one thing to have a disagreement over operating decisions, it's another to commit homicide for personal gain.

What's up with this sudden seduction of Darryl by Carol? Are we in for a scene where Darryl is berating her and throwing her into walls and then all of a sudden they're tearing at each other's clothes? Actually, that sounds a little hot. :bag:
This is what I was expecting last night. I remarked to Mrs. SB during the scene that she's used to being treated like that by a man.

Between the two previews for next week's episode, I don't see Shane being part of the group anymore.

was a good episode. dont know why rick tried to explain killing the two guys to his crew and thought they could be understanding.. must be the cop in him

Shane had just finished telling her they should have always been together, like he had a crush on her prior to her and Rick being married. He made it perfectly clear what he thought about the baby and how their future should be. I haven't seen anything from Lori to make me think she has any feelings left for Shane.They're going to kill off Shane, and no, I have not read the comics.

They won't kill him off just yet. There will be a confrontation and he'll be left for dead only to show up again later. The son will probably be the one to kill him to save maw and paw.

I really can't stand some of Rick's actions. I would've let that crew roll into the bar and blasted them in the back if they didn't put their weapons on the floor.

Sudden? They've been setting up that unlikely couple for a long time now.

Do the comics ever get into how the earth became zombie land?
IGN Comics: Last issue, we saw the survivors take the first steps towards investigating the zombies and maybe trying to figure out what causes someone to become a zombie. Do you have any intention of ever explaining what caused the zombie outbreak? Kirkman: I really don't. I think that what the book has going for it right now is a sense of realism, if that makes sense. There are a lot of girls reading the books and stuff, and I get a lot of female readers and people who don't read comics and don't read superhero comics. And so if you take away the zombies from the Walking Dead, it's really just an accessible story about people's lives in an extreme situation. And I feel that if you were to sit down and say, you know, a space spore landed on Earth and infected a bunch of people…There's no explanation for the zombies that doesn't push you further into the realm of science fiction, and I feel like it would kind of kill the believability, as odd as that sounds for a book about a bunch of dead people walking around."when theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth" that could always be the cause !!

They won't kill him off just yet. There will be a confrontation and he'll be left for dead only to show up again later. The son will probably be the one to kill him to save maw and paw.

I really can't stand some of Rick's actions. I would've let that crew roll into the bar and blasted them in the back if they didn't put their weapons on the floor.
yuphe coulda goten them all killed . i was expecting them to shoot through the door and kill short round

yuphe coulda goten them all killed . i was expecting them to shoot through the door and kill short round
Maybe he didnt have much faith in his backups,glen and hershal...they werent much help with the first 2 guys

Like I said a few days ago, IMO Shane is one of the better characters on the show. Any scene he is in is good. If they decide to kill off his character I hope they bring on another character that is equally as fun to watch. And I think that time will be coming soon.
Yep!I have a feeling that some people are gonna need his help when the #### hits the fan and they will have to bite the bullet and admit that Shane's way is the best way to survivePlease, for all that is good in the world, kill Glen and Dale though

Last edited by a moderator:
'BustedKnuckles said:
Rick vs Shayne...a slow boil thats about to bubble over :boxing:
Shane is one of the top characters on the show and Herschel is starting to show promise. I definitely don't want to see Shane get whacked, it would probably ruin the show for me (too many cardboard cutouts in the cast). Great episode last night, the show is gaining steam. :banned:

Pretty good 2 episodes. The first seemed kind of slow and long for some reason, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it seemed prolonged after the massive esca;ation of the clifhanger. I have no real complaints about them, which is an upgrade for this show. However, Lori is an idiot character who helps the writers be idiots themselves. I understand she's not a rational person, but she still stretches the credibility factor in many ways, least of which is why in the hell TWO guys are madly in love with her. And the kid is the worst child actor in the history of TV. And I guess I 'm a little annoyed that they're STILL AT THE BARN!!!!

Shane and Rick are headed for a showdown sooner rather than later I think. But I also still think Daryl is the one to take out Shane, like Doc Holiday taking out Johnny RIngo. Rick can lead the group and make the hard choices, but it takes someone closer to the edge to take out a beast like Shane. Plus that would work with bringing Daryl out of his anti-group funk.

As for whoever asked about the makeup artists and The Mist. It's more likely that they had a connection with Darabont rather than being attached to any of the actors. Plus so many different people worked on it than are listed (TV really only shows dept heads in the credits, which would also bolster the idea that Darabont hired them). But none of those actors would have the pull to bring their own people on board a cable (low budget, compared to prime channels) show. To add to the mish mash of crew members is the short seasons, low pay and irregular shooting schedules makes it pretty much a revolving door for most positions. One exemption might be SFX makeup people. They tend to not get shafted on pay.

To be fair, Rick was prepared to let them walk through the door just as tdoss suggested, but short round jumped in front of it.

Yep!I have a feeling that some people are gonna need his help when the #### hits the fan and they will have to bite the bullet and admit that Shane's way is the best way to survive

Please, for all that is good in the world, kill Glen and Dale though
It's only the way to survive if Shane doesn't decide to shoot you in the leg for what he decides is the greater good.

I see shane splitting off, possibly using the new dude as a pawn, in his plan to get rid of Rick. Rick did shoot that dude's friends.

He's too entertaining & nuts to kill off.

To be fair, Rick was prepared to let them walk through the door just as tdoss suggested, but short round jumped in front of it.
I think that's my problem with him. LEAD. Don't just react.I would've told them the plan. #### your weapons and be ready...let them come through the door but don't shoot until I do.

Autofilter drives me nuts in this ####### place. I guess I could substitute "prime" your weapons above.

Yep!I have a feeling that some people are gonna need his help when the #### hits the fan and they will have to bite the bullet and admit that Shane's way is the best way to survive

It's only the way to survive if Shane doesn't decide to shoot you in the leg for what he decides is the greater good.
Me or you and your being overweight is a burden to our/my survival PLUS I need to get back to save a little boy that is almost family?BANG!

sorry fat ###...

T-dog gets no time in front of the camera and wasn't that a black man that Herschel shot after he took a shot at Glen?

Brothers are only good for no screen time and getting eaten by zombies

Me or you and your being overweight is a burden to our/my survival PLUS I need to get back to save a little boy that is almost family?BANG!

sorry fat ###...
Shane is less interested in the greater good with each passing day. He is contemplating the murder of at least two members of the enclave now.

sorry fat ###...
Exactly. As soon as Shane sees no use to you, you're dead. Not the guy I'm staking my survival on.

sorry fat ###...
Exactly. As soon as Shane sees no use to you, you're dead. Not the guy I'm staking my survival on.
Well hit the treadmill fatty and always be an asset Be a killer in a zombie world

And be a quicker draw

sorry fat ###...
Well hit the treadmill fatty and always be an asset
Considering that Shane wants to keep the most useless person in the group alive at all costs, I question his ability to decide who is useful and who isn't.

sorry fat ###...
What would you have done in the scenario as given above?

sorry fat ###...
Forget rehashing what he did to Otis. Think about him wanting to take out Rick and Dale and maybe Hershel, too, all to either rid himself of a critic or to take something they have. Think about the survivors tiring of Shane's tyranny in short order and wanting to leave -- he'll shoot whoever he thinks is the ringleader. Being willing to sacrifice anybody everybody so that he can survive is why you can't have Shane around for too long in a zombie apocalypse.

sorry fat ###...
Forget rehashing what he did to Otis. Think about him wanting to take out Rick and Dale and maybe Hershel, too, all to either rid himself of a critic or to take something they have. Think about the survivors tiring of Shane's tyranny in short order and wanting to leave -- he'll shoot whoever he thinks is the ringleader. Being willing to sacrifice anybody everybody so that he can survive is why you can't have Shane around for too long in a zombie apocalypse.
I don't see him taking out Rick. Dale can go though.

Users who are viewing this thread