What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (7 Viewers)

I havent seen the episode yet and debating if I even will since these reviews make it sound like the finale crapped the bed as expected but did they show where the dude from Hilltop went with the Asian guy last week?
You should watch it.  At least it actually had some action and negan was enjoyable as usual.  But be prepared to be up close with sasha

Carol and Morgan finally breaking and re-becoming the ruthless killing machines they are and neither of them get a significant kill? Just nameless faces, possibly mowed down by Carol in one shot with allies (I assume) shooting in the same direction, and Morgan got the staff/Spear through someone's head for another. Who was he, friend or foe? Who can tell and does it really matter?

And speaking of Morgan's kill, am I to assume that everyone in that melee dropped from a headshot and that's why no one turned walker?

Can someone please update me on the walkers? At this point are they few and far between because it's been so long that they basically all fell apart / disintegrated and died off? Or are there still tons of them everywhere and they just don't bother to show them on the show anymore? It seems like there was one living person to like 100 walkers. Now the ratio seems like 20-30 humans to 1 walker.

Maybe that's why I am less interested. It seems like now it's just a show about people dealing with other people instead of the human race overcoming great odds to survive against wave after wave of zombies.

Limp Ditka said:
And speaking of Morgan's kill, am I to assume that everyone in that melee dropped from a headshot and that's why no one turned walker?
Since when do dead people instantly turn into walkers?

Sasha popping out as a walker was cool.

Tiger was cool.

Negan flicking them off on the way out was great. 

What happened to Eugene???

Since when do dead people instantly turn into walkers?

Sasha popping out as a walker was cool.

Tiger was cool.

Negan flicking them off on the way out was great. 

What happened to Eugene???
Since when does a melee of about 100 people shooting at each other end the instant it begins?

You have the whole initial fight between who's at Alexandria and the Garbage / Saviors faction. Garbage ##### had her gun on Rick for about 30 minutes alone while all hell was breaking loose.

Then that ends and you have Negan dialoging to Rick for what seemed like an eternity

Then you have melee part 2 with Hilltop / Kingdom showing up.

Considering what was provided on the show likely wasn't a second by second account of what happened.

Eugene?  Anyone?

Oh wait i remember him talking to negan at the end.  Just didnt see how he got out of the fight.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Jayrok said:
Maggie's speech at the end where she's talking to Rick about how it all started when Glenn saved Rick back in Atlanta (when he was trapped in the tank) and it all culminated to this point.  Morgan is the one who saved Rick and took him in after Rick left the hospital.  If not for Morgan, Rick probably never makes it to ATL to meet Glenn.  
Seriously, why do the characters on the show give Rick so much love.  He's almost got them killed half a dozen times due to his poor judgment.

Carol is the one who should be getting all the love.

pantherclub said:
I havent seen the episode yet and debating if I even will since these reviews make it sound like the finale crapped the bed as expected but did they show where the dude from Hilltop went with the Asian guy last week?
They didn't.  But in the episode before Gregory pulled Simon's address from his coat pocket and then was looking on the map as he drank Tequila.  He was driving him to Simon's outpost address.  

Jayrok said:
Too right.  Rick's best scene was when he ripped the throat out of the "claimed" guy... and that was because Carl was about to get raped.  Rick snapped and did his best work. 
God it's hard to remember how damn good the show was. Simple fight between our guys with nothing to lose and a small band of #####. That episode was ridiculously good and we've had nothing like those episodes recently. I don't care how good some people liked last night, it's still not close to where it was. Sucks.

Eugene?  Anyone?

Oh wait i remember him talking to negan at the end.  Just didnt see how he got out of the fight.  
From what I recall.. He hid outside the gates throughout the battle.. When Negan and others ran outside the gates after the Tiger attack he was already behind one of the trucks. :mellow:

jrt103 said:
rick and the gang are so outnumbered and outgunned right now... good luck in the "War".. they must be almost out of ammo again no?
First thing I thought.

Terrible fight scene, you have garbage pail kids standing behind almost ever single one of Rick's folks with automatic weapons and none of them pull the trigger when the shooting starts or get disarmed. Michonne, why didn't goof ball just shoot her? I get it's TV but in a real life scenario I'd shoot everyone of those ####ers in the head and move on.

The tiger thing was stupid IMO. Not the actual tiger eating people but how the #### did a got damn tiger and all the King's followers just waltz right up to Negan and the boys standing in a large open area without being seen? IT'S A TIGER, I THINK YOU'D NOTICE.

The double cross was cool and Sasha going zombie I didn't see coming but made sense. Agree with everyone about why people still keep coming back to Rick to make the decisions. Doesn't have a stellar track record, that said...

Somewhere buried in this thread it was mentioned (probably multiple times) that this story line isn't about zombies, isn't about the end of the world or even really 99% of the folks in it. It is about Rick keeping his son alive, plain and simple, and everything that entails. If you keep that in mind, it makes digesting some of the stupidity a little easier.

First thing I thought.

Terrible fight scene, you have garbage pail kids standing behind almost ever single one of Rick's folks with automatic weapons and none of them pull the trigger when the shooting starts or get disarmed. Michonne, why didn't goof ball just shoot her? I get it's TV but in a real life scenario I'd shoot everyone of those ####ers in the head and move on.
This wasnt the garbage pail kid's fight. All they were doing was holding Rick's people hostage for Negan to decide what to do with them. And Negan doesn't want to kill them because he needs them to continue to hunt and gather supplies for him. Also, he doesnt want to kill Rick, he wants to break him.

This wasnt the garbage pail kid's fight. All they were doing was holding Rick's people hostage for Negan to decide what to do with them. And Negan doesn't want to kill them because he needs them to continue to hunt and gather supplies for him. Also, he doesnt want to kill Rick, he wants to break him.
Yea i get that but this is what? The 2nd or 3rd time he's caught Rick trying to #### him over, given Negan's proclivities to dispense with rivals I would just take Rick & Coral out as an example to the rest. Probably Maggie and the King as well. Gotta cut bait at some point, this breaking Rick thing isn't working out so well either.

Yea i get that but this is what? The 2nd or 3rd time he's caught Rick trying to #### him over, given Negan's proclivities to dispense with rivals I would just take Rick & Coral out as an example to the rest. Probably Maggie and the King as well. Gotta cut bait at some point, this breaking Rick thing isn't working out so well either.
Nah. Come October we'll see how much damage Negan's bird wave inflicted on Rick and it will be a season of rebuilding him.

In Negan's mind:

if he can turn Rick, all the rest will succumb to him and he'll have that many more communities working for him.
He needs "outsiders" to survive.. Sure they could just kill all people who are members of the 3 communities, but then his people will have to fend for themselves to get supplies and he loses his control over his own people. If he can break Rick, he breaks all 3 communities and gets himself a few more wife's.

Ultimately it will probably be his downfall, but even then he probably won't have any regrets :mellow:

First thing I thought.

The tiger thing was stupid IMO. Not the actual tiger eating people but how the #### did a got damn tiger and all the King's followers just waltz right up to Negan and the boys standing in a large open area without being seen? IT'S A TIGER, I THINK YOU'D NOTICE.

The double cross was cool and Sasha going zombie I didn't see coming but made sense. Agree with everyone about why people still keep coming back to Rick to make the decisions. Doesn't have a stellar track record, that said...

Somewhere buried in this thread it was mentioned (probably multiple times) that this story line isn't about zombies, isn't about the end of the world or even really 99% of the folks in it. It is about Rick keeping his son alive, plain and simple, and everything that entails. If you keep that in mind, it makes digesting some of the stupidity a little easier.
What a tic, are you telling me that the tiger fought against Negan?  Now I def have to watch it for the lawlz factor.  What a cluster this show has become.

Did the tiger ride in the back of the truck or something?

Maybe that's why I am less interested. It seems like now it's just a show about people dealing with other people instead of the human race overcoming great odds to survive against wave after wave of zombies.
it's really always been that show at it's heart.  There's something else making it terrible.  I, for one, am out.  When the season premiere comes rolling around in October or whatever, I'm not watching.  Maybe I'll stream it at the end, but I'm over it. 

it's really always been that show at it's heart.  There's something else making it terrible.  I, for one, am out.  When the season premiere comes rolling around in October or whatever, I'm not watching.  Maybe I'll stream it at the end, but I'm over it. 
The only reason I have continued to watch is because my wife still likes it.  For the first time last night she said she really hates the way the show is going and doesn't care if we watch anymore.  It seems to me this is where most are at with it now.

The only reason I have continued to watch is because my wife still likes it.  For the first time last night she said she really hates the way the show is going and doesn't care if we watch anymore.  It seems to me this is where most are at with it now.
My wife gave up on the show a full season before me and started hating it for probably a season or 2 before that but watched it because I would.

I do have plenty of friends on FB saying how amazing the finale was so it still has legs.

I have watched The Walking Dead from the beginning and admit this season has been disapointing.  However,  I will watch this until it ends because I have so much invested in it.  The only show I can remember that I bailed on after 3+ seasons was The Wire.

I have watched The Walking Dead from the beginning and admit this season has been disapointing.  However,  I will watch this until it ends because I have so much invested in it.  The only show I can remember that I bailed on after 3+ seasons was The Wire.
Season 4 of The Wire was one of the best seasons of any TV show ever.

You missed some cool ####

I have watched The Walking Dead from the beginning and admit this season has been disappointing.  However,  I will watch this until it ends because I have so much invested in it. 
I agree this season was disappointing. There are only 3 or 4 episodes I think that I'd even reconsider watching..
Premiere, Dwight episode, Benjamin getting killed and last nights.
Otherwise the rest of the season was filler and mostly :yawn:

Really looking forward to next season as they spent this entire season building for the war so it better be full out :popcorn: action...
or it easily could become a "watch the next day on DVR" as this season almost did for me. 

snogger said:
Sorry, but if you are sitting there thinking you have everything under control and a F'n Tiger comes out of no where, the :shock: value alone is going to make you hesitate.. Those looking at the barrel of the gun are looking for any out they can get and so would be faster to respond then those relaxed and ready to watch a beating.
:lmao: . C'mon, they set the bar with Abraham and Glenn. Now all we get is Sasha and a bunch of red shirts?  They could have at least cut Coral's arm off.

Literally, when they started showing the littered streets of Alexandria the first dead guy had a red shirt on.  This is Zombie Nation level bad. 

That scene with Neagan ripping on Rick and telling him how crappy a person he is was  :moneybag: :moneybag:

As was Zombie Sasha, I thought they did that part great how they tied that all together.

So that's how the pill Eugene made came back.   I liked his scene when he showed up and tried to talk them down and Rick was gonna blow him up anyway.

shadyridr said:
If they wanted to flashback it shouldve been Maggie and Glenn, ya know a relationship that they actually developed on the show. Not one that came out of nowhere and ended just as quickly.
i hate to "hate watch" this show, but the above is a perfect example. It is like there are different writers and they all write in their own individual silos and never speak. The Glenn-Maggie relationship was built through 5-6 years of the show, Abraham and Sasha seemed like it was thrown together for the hell of it or to justify the scenes from this episode

In Negan's mind:

if he can turn Rick, all the rest will succumb to him and he'll have that many more communities working for him.
He needs "outsiders" to survive.. Sure they could just kill all people who are members of the 3 communities, but then his people will have to fend for themselves to get supplies and he loses his control over his own people. If he can break Rick, he breaks all 3 communities and gets himself a few more wife's.

Ultimately it will probably be his downfall, but even then he probably won't have any regrets :mellow:
I just think Negan is bored and looking for a challenge. Killing everyone would be easy, breaking them is the challenge. 

Sounds like the big park scene from the warriors to me.
Sounds like This

They should rebrand this as a comedy because I haven't laughed out loud as much about a show on TV in quite a while.

This is probably a product of my failing memory and my laziness to check, but was Sasha chomping down on that Savior the first "death by walker" in Season 7?  

Users who are viewing this thread