Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread***


Recommended Posts

That reminded me of the Dexter series finale.  Just a mess.  Embarrassing.

I'll finish the show, I think, but won't be watching week to week anymore.  Just let a season build up then binge.  

The garbage pail kids double-crossed them?  Really?  That's all you got?

So many head-scratchers. Waste of time to list them.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So finally watched it. My thoughts:

1. Thank god for all the Sasha flashbacks. Fast forwarding through all those cut out quite a bit of viewing time.

2. So, I figured Eugene's pill was a placebo, meant only to test Sasha and she'd be just fine when he opened the coffin. Glad I was wrong there. But, figuring I might be wrong, my other thought was, so her plan is just so that when they open the coffin and she's dead, Rick won't need to save her and they will free to attack? Yes, that's right. Zombie's have become such a minor back set on this show that it didn't even occur to me that, when she died, she'd turn. Part stupidity on me, partly on the writers for making the walking dead about anything but walking dead. So I did enjoy that part of the show.

3. Seriously, folks were even a little surprised the garbage pail kids were traitors? Really??? That was so, so obvious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

3. Seriously, folks were even a little surprised the garbage pail kids were traitors? Really??? That was so, so obvious.

I thought that could happen from the beginning. What's to stop them and what's the point to help Rick? That said, with so many of them (seem loyal), why even team with Negan and act subservient? Why not just take over Alexandria and get everything they had and go back to garbage town? They must be cannibals otherwise it is pretty stupid to ask for 12 people for anything else. Then, they beat us over the head with the we win and sinister smile. Again, sucks they didn't all get killed. Just means we'll see them again.

I'll continue to watch since I have to see it all end, but just not good anymore. This season really has been so bad, it is hard to remember how good the show was. Just trying to remember Rick biting that guy's throat and Coral actually being scared of his own dad. It seems like a different show.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I thought that could happen from the beginning. What's to stop them and what's the point to help Rick? That said, with so many of them (seem loyal), why even team with Negan and act subservient? Why not just take over Alexandria and get everything they had and go back to garbage town? They must be cannibals otherwise it is pretty stupid to ask for 12 people for anything else. Then, they beat us over the head with the we win and sinister smile. Again, sucks they didn't all get killed. Just means we'll see them again.

I'll continue to watch since I have to see it all end, but just not good anymore. This season really has been so bad, it is hard to remember how good the show was. Just trying to remember Rick biting that guy's throat and Coral actually being scared of his own dad. It seems like a different show.

I would bet that the 12 people were scavengers that were taken previously as slaves by Negan and she is trying to get them back.  Everyone gets so hung up on the single moment and doesn't look at the bigger picture, the long play and set up that the show is good at doing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

2. So, I figured Eugene's pill was a placebo, meant only to test Sasha and she'd be just fine when he opened the coffin. Glad I was wrong there. But, figuring I might be wrong, my other thought was, so her plan is just so that when they open the coffin and she's dead, Rick won't need to save her and they will free to attack? Yes, that's right. Zombie's have become such a minor back set on this show that it didn't even occur to me that, when she died, she'd turn. Part stupidity on me, partly on the writers for making the walking dead about anything but walking dead. So I did enjoy that part of the show.

 

That's what happened to me, too.  Totally forgot that she'd become a zombie.  Weird.

I felt stupid, but then I try not to think too much while watching this show.  I enjoy it much more that way.  If I were going to complain about everything that happened that was silly or unrealistic, I'd just stop watching a long time ago.

 

In fact, I've finally had enough.  I'm not watching anymore.  Maybe I'll pick it up again in 6 months or so to see if anything interesting is happening then.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Based on the posts on this page I think 90% of you are so bored with life that watching a show you hate is the only enjoyment you have...

Hopefully between now and October you find enjoyment in something that allows you to stop watching something you obviously don't like watching. :thumbup:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, The Big Guy said:

I would bet that the 12 people were scavengers that were taken previously as slaves by Negan and she is trying to get them back.  Everyone gets so hung up on the single moment and doesn't look at the bigger picture, the long play and set up that the show is good at doing.

:goodposting: That was my assumption also... Negan took some as hostages and promised to give back some if they helped win the battle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know it was brought up before but Negan can't simply stand upright and speak to someone. Either he is down in your face when you are on your knees or he is doing the bob & weave when he's doing his Negan spiel. It's almost distracting to me now, lol every time he starts swaying to the beat anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, snogger said:

Based on the posts on this page I think 90% of you are so bored with life that watching a show you hate is the only enjoyment you have...

Never used the word "hate." Ever. I think the show could be SO much more. And that the zombie angle has been totally wasted, which is what I watched for originally. But, it isn't like there's a whole lot else on TV, especially on Sunday evening. In all honesty, if there was anything to replace it with, I likely would have jumped ship long ago. But now I have a lot of time vested in it, so will watch it play out. Doesn't mean I have to love every stupid thing the show does. Admit it, a lot of it is truly dismal writing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, snogger said:

Based on the posts on this page I think 90% of you are so bored with life that watching a show you hate is the only enjoyment you have...

Hopefully between now and October you find enjoyment in something that allows you to stop watching something you obviously don't like watching. :thumbup:

Preacher is coming up. That's great show

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, snogger said:

Based on the posts on this page I think 90% of you are so bored with life that watching a show you hate is the only enjoyment you have...

Hopefully between now and October you find enjoyment in something that allows you to stop watching something you obviously don't like watching. :thumbup:

I was a little too dry with my sarcasm in my "complaining" post.  In all seriousness, I've come to appreciate the silliness that a lot of people complain about.

Negan cracked me up how he was commenting about the tiger and how Maggie was still alive right in the middle of the fight.  "That widow is alive, guns a-blazing!"  :lmao:  So good and cheesy. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

I know, but why???  Just why?

Because the fear and intimidation of the subjugated communities is what the saviors use to keep the people in line.  Other than a tiger attacking, can you think of a better way to keep some former teachers and carpenters under your thumb?

 

and

 

 

Cause it's bad......###!

Edited by The Big Guy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

I have watched The Walking Dead from the beginning and admit this season has been disapointing.  However,  I will watch this until it ends because I have so much invested in it. 

This is where I am.   TWD isn't at "season 5 of Lost bad" yet.    But the trend is not a good one.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Daywalker said:

I was hoping the garbage pail kids double crossed rick only to lead Negan in.  Then triple-cross.  Boom.

Would have made sense with Rick saying you are already dead.

Still couldnt bring myself to watch it last night but the whole point of needing the Garbage gang to help beat negan is laughable.  Especially after they found the military guns.  The garbage gang was only like 20 or so deep.  They could have easily set up an ambush (trees down in road etc) used the explosives and killed negans gang with the people they already had.  My major gripe through this whole lead up to the war is that there were no specifics given.  Like when they were recruiting the tiger people and trying to convert them to fight Rick never explained to him his plan.  A huge huge plot hole IMO.  Wouldnt the first question, the absolute first question when rick was proposing war wouldnt it be "so Rick, whats your plan then?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, comfortably numb said:

I gave up after the dumpster dive but the last 3 weeks it's been in on the background while im on the computer.

This thing looks like it's gotten soap opera cheesy bad now too.

 

Liar.

I admire your dedication to the shtick, though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jhib said:
10 hours ago, snogger said:

Based on the posts on this page I think 90% of you are so bored with life that watching a show you hate is the only enjoyment you have...

Hopefully between now and October you find enjoyment in something that allows you to stop watching something you obviously don't like watching. :thumbup:

I was a little too dry with my sarcasm in my "complaining" post.  In all seriousness, I've come to appreciate the silliness that a lot of people complain about.

Negan cracked me up how he was commenting about the tiger and how Maggie was still alive right in the middle of the fight.  "That widow is alive, guns a-blazing!"  :lmao:  So good and cheesy. 

:thumbup: People take watching TV now days WAY too serious.. Sit back, grab a bag of :popcorn: and laugh at the "Are you F'n Kidding me" moments. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, AhrnCityPahnder said:
20 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

I have watched The Walking Dead from the beginning and admit this season has been disapointing.  However,  I will watch this until it ends because I have so much invested in it. 

This is where I am.   TWD isn't at "season 5 of Lost bad" yet.    But the trend is not a good one.  

As I mentioned above, this was a "rough" season to get through as it was basically a "Filler" season between the introduction of Negan at the end of Last season to the War of next season.. That and the "spend an entire hour on one character/community while ignoring all the others" got old quick..

Here's to hoping the build up to the War allows us to forget this season :banned:

Edited by snogger
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, snogger said:

:thumbup: People take watching TV now days WAY too serious.. Sit back, grab a bag of :popcorn: and laugh at the "Are you F'n Kidding me" moments. 

I dont think its that at all.  This show for seasons was the bomb.  And slowly something happened and now its done a complete 180.  Its quite amazing how much and how fast this show has run aground. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

I dont think its that at all.  This show for seasons was the bomb.  And slowly something happened and now its done a complete 180.  Its quite amazing how much and how fast this show has run aground. 

As I posted above, this season was a tough one to get through... There are at most 4 episodes that I'd re-watch again.
The rest could all be combined into a two hour special and still probably be :yawn:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, snogger said:

As I posted above, this season was a tough one to get through... There are at most 4 episodes that I'd re-watch again.
The rest could all be combined into a two hour special and still probably be :yawn:

Yeah I saw you acknowledge that.  I just question why the writers just leave certain things so damn ambiguous.  They just have huge plot holes that never are resolved and this season in particular they tended to throw in the random WTF moments.  Just frustrating really

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, jhib said:

Negan cracked me up how he was commenting about the tiger and how Maggie was still alive right in the middle of the fight.  "That widow is alive, guns a-blazing!"  :lmao:  So good and cheesy. 

What did he say about Simon after he saws Maggie?  I rewinded a few times but just can't make it out.  Something like "Blah blah that Simon, blah blah son of a #####!"  ?

Do you know what he said?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jayrok said:

What did he say about Simon after he saws Maggie?  I rewinded a few times but just can't make it out.  Something like "Blah blah that Simon, blah blah son of a #####!"  ?

Do you know what he said?  

Sounds like, "Taste that, Simon? That is the taste of sh**!"

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, comfortably numb said:

I gave up after the dumpster dive but the last 3 weeks it's been in on the background while im on the computer.

This thing looks like it's gotten soap opera cheesy bad now too.

 

Lol always an excuse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jayrok said:

What did he say about Simon after he saws Maggie?  I rewinded a few times but just can't make it out.  Something like "Blah blah that Simon, blah blah son of a #####!"  ?

Do you know what he said?  

same here, there was a few times I couldn't make out what people were saying because of the music I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Lol always an excuse

I will say. I saw the dumpster scene again during some marathon and it pissed me off even more.

It reminded me of OJ putting the glove on with so much trouble and then when it came to taking it off he simply slid the glove off effortlessly. 

Glen shimmed under the dumpster like a ninja and then to get out he was acting like a fat lady trying to get into skinny jeans.

Terrible!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the Big 3 alliance managed to get the Saviors on their heels, drive them out of Alexandria, along with the Garbage Pail Kids. Seems to me that the next logical move would be to hightail it to the Sanctuary and attack again.  Don't give Negan time to get back, regroup, and get more troops.  Michonne has a busted face, so leave her with Tara and go attack!  I think everyone retreating to their respective camps is the worst possible thing for Rick & Co.  

Could Dwight maybe have warned Rick and them that the GPKs were on Negan's side?  If he's really one of Negan's most trusted dudes he should have known that...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, wlwiles said:

So the Big 3 alliance managed to get the Saviors on their heels, drive them out of Alexandria, along with the Garbage Pail Kids. Seems to me that the next logical move would be to hightail it to the Sanctuary and attack again.  Don't give Negan time to get back, regroup, and get more troops.  Michonne has a busted face, so leave her with Tara and go attack!  I think everyone retreating to their respective camps is the worst possible thing for Rick & Co.  

Could Dwight maybe have warned Rick and them that the GPKs were on Negan's side?  If he's really one of Negan's most trusted dudes he should have known that...

Or it could have been included in the things that he "didn't know" (per note left for Darryl).

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jhib said:

Sounds like, "Taste that, Simon? That is the taste of sh**!"

 

Sounded like he was going to be pissed at Simon for not knowing Maggie was alive and at Hilltop, since that is Simon's territory.  Figured maybe he thought Simon should have known.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...