• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• packersfan

• snogger

• cstu

• El Floppo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, I've really enjoyed this thread. I don't want to have to leave it. Why oh why do people need to keep revealing what happened in the comics? Why do you feel compelled to mention it?  Sure, t

My Negan costume got a lot of love (and hate) at Halloween parties over the weekend. 

All the leaders standing out in the open.   I kept waiting for Carl and Rick to have a Dr. Evil and Scott exchange from Austin Powers.  "Dad, why not just pop him.. one shot, bam!  I'll do it myself..

I don't think I've ever been less interested in this show coming back. I assume my son and I will watch but it wouldn't surprise me if we started letting it build up on the DVR. It really depends on if it gets back to being the show we loved or garbage pail kids. Still amazes me that they tried to create a post apocalyptic Mad Max set of people when in that world those kids knew nothing else but in Rick's world these people with a new language were adults a couple years later. Beyond stupid. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, playin4beer said:

Took the poison pill from Eugene when she was in the coffin... Turned into a zombie and when Negan opened it, she attacked him.. but didn't get him.

lol- jesus... right. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

did you watch "Discovery"? How was it?

didn't grab me yet. but looks good. klingons are visually a whole different race, which is offputting.

eta: yes- watched the pilot, not the 2nd ep which on demand somewhere.

Edited by El Floppo
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

53 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

did you watch "Discovery"? How was it?

didn't grab me yet. but looks good. klingons are visually a whole different race, which is offputting.

eta: yes- watched the pilot, not the 2nd ep which on demand somewhere.

btw... just found out in the dedicated Discovery thread that this is only available on payed demand and that the 1st ep was a freebie taster on the network? yeah. no.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

BTW the producers recently announced that there will be at least one cross-over character between the two shows.  Speculation is that some of the deceased characters from TWD could show up on FTWD since their time line is lagging.  Specifically,

Abraham because he is from Texas and apparently that's where the Proctors are headed [\spoiler]

Edited by tonydead

man, this how filled my DVR this week with loads of crap of 7 promo episodes. watched about 4 minutes in to one and deleted them all. Also watching some of the last episodes from last season and it i amazing this show still has ratings. Killer is the original story is good, and their is plenty of excitement in the plot, and the writers just F this whole thing up. 

I was also listening to podcast, and it seems that the speculation above isn't just speculation. A few lawsuits against AMC from Kirkman and other producers basically explaining how AMC has milked the show and basically hoarded all the money. The Durabont lawsuit was what started it, but it is something when everybody but Scott Gimple is involved in a lawsuit against AMC.

I could not wrap my head around that deer from last season (even on the worst of shows, there is no way that would make it out of an editing process), and after reading a little about these lawsuits i feel better knowing it had to be an F you to AMC from Nicotero for constantly short-changing budgets

• Like 1
On 10/18/2017 at 6:52 PM, tonydead said:

BTW the producers recently announced that there will be at least one cross-over character between the two shows.  Speculation is that some of the deceased characters from TWD could show up on FTWD since their time line is lagging.  Specifically,

Reveal hidden contents

Abraham because he is from Texas and apparently that's where the Proctors are headed [\spoiler]

DONT CARE. STUPID.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, modogg said:

man, this how filled my DVR this week with loads of crap of 7 promo episodes. watched about 4 minutes in to one and deleted them all. Also watching some of the last episodes from last season and it i amazing this show still has ratings. Killer is the original story is good, and their is plenty of excitement in the plot, and the writers just F this whole thing up. 

I was also listening to podcast, and it seems that the speculation above isn't just speculation. A few lawsuits against AMC from Kirkman and other producers basically explaining how AMC has milked the show and basically hoarded all the money. The Durabont lawsuit was what started it, but it is something when everybody but Scott Gimple is involved in a lawsuit against AMC.

I could not wrap my head around that deer from last season (even on the worst of shows, there is no way that would make it out of an editing process), and after reading a little about these lawsuits i feel better knowing it had to be an F you to AMC from Nicotero for constantly short-changing budgets

And coincidentally apparently to the viewers. I'm wondering if the writing has been the same thing.

12 minutes ago, modogg said:

man, this how filled my DVR this week with loads of crap of 7 promo episodes.

My wife pointed that out over a week ago so I cancelled the series, then added it back today abut 4:40 CST. Is the 6:30 CST thing a real episode? It shows as new and my DVR is picking it up.

30 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

My wife pointed that out over a week ago so I cancelled the series, then added it back today abut 4:40 CST. Is the 6:30 CST thing a real episode? It shows as new and my DVR is picking it up.

It is an extended version of last season's last episode.. so in the DVR world it is "new"..

Looking forward to this season.. Guessing lots of war/action and less "back story" crap. :popcorn:

Edited by snogger
40 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

Ha.  Wouldn't get my hopes up.

First 30 minutes has been pretty good.. the war machines are lined up and on the way to pay a visit to Negan. :)

28 minutes ago, snogger said:

First 30 minutes has been pretty good.. the war machines are lined up and on the way to pay a visit to Negan. :)

ehh, maybe i'm missing something. i was just saying we are 30 minutes in, and what has happened so far? i get they need to bring us back into the show, so i cut them a break, but literally 30 minutes in and nothing

1 minute ago, modogg said:

ehh, maybe i'm missing something. i was just saying we are 30 minutes in, and what has happened so far? i get they need to bring us back into the show, so i cut them a break, but literally 30 minutes in and nothing

To each their own.. I liked the hunt and setup they were doing to clear out the scouts... the last 10 minutes have been strange. I get it is a show and they can't kill off Negan to start the season since the season is "war".... But then why have him stand in the open where anyone that could hit the side of a barn could have finished him?:wall:

• Like 1

So you have the bad guy and his lieutenants standing within range and basically unarmed, and you don't kill him?!? If you wanted to over-run them with the walkers, wouldn't you eliminate the leadership first?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, modogg said:

didn't Eugene originally go to make bullets cause they were running low? 

Was about to post the samething.. Didn't understand "wasting" limited ammo by shooting out Windows high up.. and the Rick flash forward, Flash present, Flash back is just :loco:

BTW.. I don't usually watch talking dead but worth it as "Rosita" is about to fall out of her dress :eek:

Edited by snogger
9 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

I have no plans to stop watching, but this show is really dumb.

show needs to go Hinkie-esque, and tank.  Only thing that can save the show is AMC to drop it, and have something like Netflix pick it up. 

and i'm glad Rick's gunshot wound looks completely healed, but Michonne can't do anything from some punches.  Would have thought Maggie would be showing her pregnancy at some point too, maybe next season?

1 hour ago, Corporation said:

She looked incredible and just had a baby. 

At least Eugene said on the Talking Dead "They should have just shot them". 

I missed Eugene saying anything 

Seemed like a solid start to me.  I liked seeing Dwight helping out from the inside.  Couple dumb parts sure and I didn't really get the flashforwards or whatever they were but that was a small portion anyways. Hopefully it's trending back up this season.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, tommyboy said:

Well I liked it. I'm easy

5 hours ago, mozzy84 said:

Seemed like a solid start to me.  I liked seeing Dwight helping out from the inside.  Couple dumb parts sure and I didn't really get the flashforwards or whatever they were but that was a small portion anyways. Hopefully it's trending back up this season.  

:goodposting:

Sure, there were some dumb/stupid parts, but there have always been some dumb/stupid parts since season one. Overall, other then the criticism I posted earlier, I thought it was a solid start to a promising season.

• Like 1

I liked the pacing and buildup. Even enjoyed their hunting what are likely the world's worst lookouts. Didn't even mind the six feet under/2001 flashforwards or fantasies.

But they spend all this time and energy building those cars out, leading a horde, shooting out windows (they hate windows!), but don't shoot the leaders of negans gang who conveniently line themselves up right in front of them in the open? 

If the plan had been one of subversion... where it was all about showing force and trying to undermine negan from within... I'd kinda get it. Still stupid given negans history, but ok- it's a plot arc I could see. But no. Rick does his countdown and then they shoot AT the leaders and negan.. and barely miss because now they're suddenly bad shots. Theyve just skillfully sniper shot two lookouts in tandem on the roof behind a parapet. Why not just do that? I get it ends negans story, but at least makes sense. Or take out a couple lieutenants. But no. They really hate windows. And want to incur some wrath and have a lot of theirs die in the inevitable revenge strike from negan, his lieutenants, and army. But no windows at least.

And Gabriel running after the mayor, but sitting still long enough for the mayor to run to and steal the car. And of course having negan win out from that trailer while being ineffectual... but that'll be next week. 

But I liked the pacing.

• Like 2

This show is getting beyond stupid.  And I am completely sick of all the speeches and preaching going on.  This is what needs to happen:

This war has to start and end in 2 episodes with Rick's team winning a decisive victory.  Then have a couple episodes where they rebuild Hilltop and Alexandria.  Then they need to go out on a scavenger mission where they run up against zombies that are fast and viscous, led by a scientist that has learned to accelerate walkers and is using them to form an army to take over the world.  This army invades both Hilltop and Alexandria with only Rick, Maggie and Judith surviving an going on the road and end the series.

Edited by Godsbrother
9 hours ago, Frostillicus said:

I have no plans to stop watching, but this show is really dumb.

This is where I am too, just the opposite... this show is really dumb, but I have no plans to stop watching.  

All the leaders standing out in the open.  :doh: I kept waiting for Carl and Rick to have a Dr. Evil and Scott exchange from Austin Powers.  "Dad, why not just pop him.. one shot, bam!  I'll do it myself.. it can be like a father/son thing. Bam, done." 

"No, Coral.  we're going to stick to our elaborate plan to herd thousands of walkers to the Sanctuary, then leave and assume all goes to plan... what?"

"But dad, one shot, bam.. it's over."  

"Coral, you just don't get it do you?"  

"But dad.."

"Zip it!... zzzzip... zip it."  

• Like 14
9 hours ago, modogg said:

show needs to go Hinkie-esque, and tank.  Only thing that can save the show is AMC to drop it, and have something like Netflix pick it up. 

and i'm glad Rick's gunshot wound looks completely healed, but Michonne can't do anything from some punches.  Would have thought Maggie would be showing her pregnancy at some point too, maybe next season?

Yeah but Judith keeps aging exponentially

• Like 1

Too much time invested, will not stop watching.  It's not great that's for sure.  The plot is ok, but the actual writing is laughable.  The shooting out windows, Daryl leading the zombies who seemed to be so fast they were catching up to his motorcycle, etc....

Ugh.

• Like 3