Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread***

10 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Id like to hear the writers justify why they didnt shoot Negan right then and there. There is no justification whatsoever and thats what is so frustrating about the writing on this show.

Writer "Can't have him killed when at least the first half of this season will be "WAR "

Viewer "Then why have him stand in the open?? Why not have him behind the windows, thus giving a reason for Rick and his crew to shoot out the windows?"

Writer : :doh:

Edited by snogger
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Id like to hear the writers justify why they didnt shoot Negan right then and there. There is no justification whatsoever and thats what is so frustrating about the writing on this show.

I think the justification will be that they're trying to subvert that group from within. I almost would have bought it if they hadn't then tried to kill negan. If the latter had been the plan all along, it was a stupid plan.

19 minutes ago, Copeman said:

Too much time invested, will not stop watching.  It's not great that's for sure.  The plot is ok, but the actual writing is laughable.  The shooting out windows, Daryl leading the zombies who seemed to be so fast they were catching up to his motorcycle, etc....

Ugh.

Yeah that was really stupid.  We could shoot the leader point blank but instead would rather waste hundreds of rounds of ammunition breaking windows?  

5 minutes ago, Nathan R. Jessep said:

when the group commenced fire all I could think of was: 

SHOOT. THE. GLASS.

Too easy to bash all that went on last night but can someone explain this to me? Shooting out all the glass while being low on ammo for...what...purpose :confused:

A little Shuked on that one. The rest was what it was. Was Rick aiming at Negan when he started shooting at 7 or did he commence the campaign against windows? Because if it was the latter, and i suspect it was because they showed the bullets hitting the building and not those damnable windows, then Rick et al are the worst shots in the history of history and should have all automatic weapons taken from them immediately.

I giggled a little when they showed Maggie popping off shot with her revolver when the crew around her was unloading countless rounds into the windows.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

Too easy to bash all that went on last night but can someone explain this to me? Shooting out all the glass while being low on ammo for...what...purpose :confused:

A little Shuked on that one. The rest was what it was. Was Rick aiming at Negan when he started shooting at 7 or did he commence the campaign against windows? Because if it was the latter, and i suspect it was because they showed the bullets hitting the building and not those damnable windows, then Rick et al are the worst shots in the history of history and should have all automatic weapons taken from them immediately.

I giggled a little when they showed Maggie popping off shot with her revolver when the crew around her was unloading countless rounds into the windows.

The only "Logical"( and I use that term here VERY loosely)  conclusion is that they knew Negan's Army was watching them so the plan was to have a couple of them shoot at Negan and the lieutenants, while the rest took a chance the Army was behind the glass. :shrug:

6 minutes ago, snogger said:

The only "Logical"( and I use that term here VERY loosely)  conclusion is that they knew Negan's Army was watching them so the plan was to have a couple of them shoot at Negan and the lieutenants, while the rest took a chance the Army was behind the glass. :shrug:

O...k...a...y :rolleyes:

Not directed at you, I got nothing either, just would like to have an explanation from someone on the show on what was the objective there.

11 hours ago, snogger said:

To each their own.. I liked the hunt and setup they were doing to clear out the scouts... the last 10 minutes have been strange. I get it is a show and they can't kill off Negan to start the season since the season is "war".... But then why have him stand in the open where anyone that could hit the side of a barn could have finished him?:wall:

Well, quite strange they can't take him out.  I guess their marksmanship has deteriorated from season 3-4 where they were hitting walkers in the forehead from 60 feet away every single shot.  It must have been the clean living of Herschel's farm which improved their aim.  

44 minutes ago, Nathan R. Jessep said:

when the group commenced fire all I could think of was: 

SHOOT. THE. GLASS.

I don't know why, but that whole scene reminded me of the Jerk.  Where Steve Martin is standing in the gas station and this guy is taking shots at him but missing Steve and hitting the oil cans.  Martin says something like, OMG he's shooting at the oil cans, he must really hate oil cans.

Besides the window raping, that whole flash forward thing was giving me a headache.  Got to love it when a zombie show tries to go artsy.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, snogger said:

1 hour ago, beer 30 said:

I took it that there was a big open room/factory floor behind- where they had their trading space maybe (from previous season)- and the smashed windows were meant to be seen by all those folk, as well as the army. that they're getting fired on in their own home, with a great crash of glass all around them- hoping to instill enough fear and doubt in them to foster a rebellion from within.

that would make sense to me- if rick wins, ultimately you're going to want all of those people on your side when this is done- not running around as a pissed off, revenge seeking mob to come back next season.

1 minute ago, El Floppo said:
1 hour ago, snogger said:

I took it that there was a big open room/factory floor behind- where they had their trading space maybe (from previous season)- and the smashed windows were meant to be seen by all those folk, as well as the army. that they're getting fired on in their own home, with a great crash of glass all around them- hoping to instill enough fear and doubt in them to foster a rebellion from within.

that would make sense to me- if rick wins, ultimately you're going to want all of those people on your side when this is done- not running around as a pissed off, revenge seeking mob to come back next season.

:goodposting:   Plan over "revenge killing"..

Keep Negan alive, for now, and instill a sense of fear on those that "support" Negan, thus weakening his Army"..

Just now, snogger said:

1 minute ago, El Floppo said:

Keep Negan alive, for now, and instill a sense of fear on those that "support" Negan, thus weakening his Army"..

except that they also tried to kill negan.

which makes all of it so stupid.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, El Floppo said:
11 minutes ago, snogger said:

15 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

except that they also tried to kill negan.

which makes all of it so stupid.

well, in defense of the rest of his group, it seemed only Rick was shooting and missing as bad as a one eyed kid ( ;) )  at Negan, the rest concentrated on the windows per "The Plan".. and the reason Gabriel had to remind Rick this wasn't about Rick.

7 minutes ago, shuke said:

Despite the dumb points of the plot, what really got me was all the jumping around.  The flashforward wasn't done very well, but worse were the scenes with Carl.  What was he doing?  

Introducing a new character I suppose

15 minutes ago, snogger said:

well, in defense of the rest of his group, it seemed only Rick was shooting and missing as bad as a one eyed kid ( ;) )  at Negan, the rest concentrated on the windows per "The Plan".. and the reason Gabriel had to remind Rick this wasn't about Rick.

I'd have to see that again- but it seemed like they all opened up on the group standing on the balcony... missed badly... and then took it out on the windows.

but yeah- it might have been yet another example of Rick messing up a plan again.

45 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

I hope they kill King Ezekiel soon or he at least drops the Shakespeare shtick 

I agree but the preaching from Rick and Maggie is getting hard to take as well.   And please either kill Michonne off or have her and Rick split over something cause the Rick in a relationship is the suck

44 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

If this was in fact the case they missed a great opportunity to explain it.  Would take all of two minutes to have a planning discussion and explain the reason why you're shooting at oil cans (I mean windows).

20 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

I agree but the preaching from Rick and Maggie is getting hard to take as well.   And please either kill Michonne off or have her and Rick split over something cause the Rick in a relationship is the suck

I take it you glossed over the "Flash Forward" of the Happy home with Rick/Michonne/ Carl and the now 7 or 8 year old daughter..

Michonne isn't going anywhere until the leader of the Garbage Pail Kids takes her out ;)

Just now, snogger said:

I take it you glossed over the "Flash Forward" of the Happy home with Rick/Michonne/ Carl and the now 7 or 8 year old daughter..

Michonne isn't going anywhere until the leader of the Garbage Pail Kids takes her out ;)

Is that really a flash forward or Rick dreaming about how he would like it to be?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:
6 minutes ago, snogger said:

Is that really a flash forward or Rick dreaming about how he would like it to be?

Guess we won't know for another 2 or 3 years ;)

In all seriousness, the interviews I've read seem to make it out to be a "Flash Forward"... but they always leave it ambiguous enough in the interviews to make you wonder.

Edited by snogger

7 minutes ago, bryhamm said:

So, how much time is supposed to have passed? Rick is recovered from his shot to the gut and Michonne looks healed ... yet Maggie is not showing yet.  And yes, I'm ignoring how fast Judith is growing up.

:goodposting: She did mention something about being in the 2nd trimester, which would place her in the 4 to 6 month range... and the assumption was that she was only 1 to 2 months pregnant at the end of last season, so I'll go with 2 months since the tiger attack. 

Edited by snogger

1 minute ago, snogger said:

:goodposting: She did mention something about being in the 2nd trimester, which would place her in the 4 to 6 month range... and the assumption was that she was only 1 to 2 months pregnant at the end of last season, so I'll go with 2 months since the tiger attack. 

That time frame kinda makes sense.  Gives Rick and company time to form their "plan".  But why in the hell would Negan sit back for 2 months?  He has the numbers.  He should have been rolling back a few days later.

• Like 1

"only one person has to die"

Then they stealthily kill multiple lookouts but let a totally exposed negan waive his bat around on the deck for 5 minutes before wildly spraying an SMG in his direction.

Makes sense :mellow:

Edited by TLEF316
  • Like 1

sounds great, now only if the show's writers are able to demonstrate or spell that out it would be even better. Quick shot to a bunch of people standing inside and gasping as the windows get shot out would at least be helpful, then a dirty look in Negan's direction as they are getting pelted by shattered glass

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, snogger said:

by the way,. the garbage lady looked smoking hot in real life on the Talking Dead.   

• Like 2

and speaking of missing badly and why do they hate windows... 

darryl was an awfully good shot while driving his motorcycle- WHY DOES HE HATE CANS?!

can somebody remind me... all of those explosives- in the cans, etc- were those set by negan, or rick? if negan, we're assuming dwight told them about exact locations? and that shooting them would cause them to detonate?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, snogger said:

McDermitt has commented on this.  It's supposedly only been 2-3 weeks.  They have a history of healing very quickly on this show.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tonydead said:

McDermitt has commented on this.  It's supposedly only been 2-3 weeks.  They have a history of healing very quickly on this show.

this is pretty good, but why would Maggie say she is in the 2nd trimester and not show. McDermott explains that she is only 2 months pregnant which wouldn't make any sense.

Edited by modogg

3 minutes ago, wlwiles said:

I didn't take Maggie's line as "I'm in the second trimester".  She said "you can wage war through your second trimester".  So that means she's less than 7 months preggo, maybe 1, maybe 5, we don't know

ahh thanks. there seemed to be some mumbling throughout the episode, so that makes a lot more sense. I had to rewind Rick's little Mercy quote about 5 times and still had no idea what he said until a website listed it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parrothead said:

I expected much more from this hyped "100th episode!"

meh

yeah, this one got me too. I really do hate constantly bashing the show, but they hyped the 100th issue of the comic too, and that was the issue where Glenn got his head caved in by Negan, so it was a real big deal, and shocking. they kept talking about this as the 100th episode, etc., and then didn't really do anything during it

2 hours ago, snogger said:

It's too bad Rick wasn't a trained marksman which is why he kept missing Negan. Oh wait....he was a cop.....

• Like 1