Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread***

Ok... Trying to find a good part in that... I guess Rick finding the baby and humanizing the bad guy. 

Other than that.. it just gets worse and worse. Morgan going clear? I found it ridiculous the first time. Second time, zero ####s given

9 minutes ago, kentric said:

Nothing got me about that episode.  Well, like l said earlier, I was digging me some tiger action.  I'm a big fan of animal rampages.

[king] "simba, now is the time to feast on the pain of our enemies as we march ever onward and upward creating new life as we rebuild the world.   Let no man plow asunder what ye has not partaken of its pleasures fully and plentifully, henceforth now and forever, amen." [/king]

14 minutes ago, jamny said:

The comments almost makes me want to watch the episode to see how bad it is.

Turn off the "thinking" part of your brain and just grab some :popcorn: for some action and you might enjoy it,, It is a mess.. just have to hope it will all come together later.

• Like 2

Just now, snogger said:

Turn off the "thinking" part of your brain and just grab some :popcorn: for some action and you might enjoy it,, It is a mess.. just have to hope it will all come together later.

aka going to sleep... which is making more and more sense than staying up to watch this increasingly laughably bad nonsense.

46 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Ok... Trying to find a good part in that... I guess Rick finding the baby and humanizing the bad guy. 

I thought maybe the baby was Morales' daughter and not the guy who Rick killed in the room.  So her daddy isn't dead, yet.  Maybe.

38 minutes ago, El Floppo said:
43 minutes ago, snogger said:

aka going to sleep... which is making more and more sense than staying up to watch this increasingly laughably bad nonsense.

I really don't get watching a show you don't like, regardless of how much time you "invested"..  

At some point just cut your losses and move on. I did it with Lost, Fear the Walking Dead and other shows.
Seems there are plenty of other things to do with your life then waste it watching something you don't like.   :shrug:

18 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

I thought maybe the baby was Morales' daughter and not the guy who Rick killed in the room.  So her daddy isn't dead, yet.  Maybe.

the guy rick killed mano a mano said the baby's name "grace" as rick made a move towards the door- and then went beserk. 

• Like 1

Just now, snogger said:

I really don't get watching a show you don't like, regardless of how much time you "invested"..  

At some point just cut your losses and move on. I did it with Lost, Fear the Walking Dead and other shows.
Seems there are plenty of other things to do with your life then waste it watching something you don't like.   :shrug:

trust me... I'm getting there. I quit FTWD without too much effort- mostly because it was just more of the same stupidity as TWD and wasn't bringing anything new or different.

harder to do here because I've been invested since the beginning... and I'm a fan of the apocalyptic genre. but this is getting beyond idiotic. 

I don't get how people like yourself aren't seeing that... watching brainlessly or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:
1 hour ago, snogger said:

trust me... I'm getting there. I quit FTWD without too much effort- mostly because it was just more of the same stupidity as TWD and wasn't bringing anything new or different.

harder to do here because I've been invested since the beginning... and I'm a fan of the apocalyptic genre. but this is getting beyond idiotic. 

I don't get how people like yourself aren't seeing that... watching brainlessly or not.

Currently I can overlook some of the :rolleyes: moments as I still like the overall story arc, enjoyed "most" the first two hours of this season, am interested to see how the "War" ends and see how all that it happening is tied back together.

I disliked probably 75% of last year but also understood it was a "Filler" season to take us from the introduction of Negan to the War with Negan so dealt with it.

Saying all of that.....  I think it has "short legs" in front of it for me as well as I don't see them getting past the... Survive, Relax, Meet enemy, kill enemy, relax, meet new enemy, kill/destroy new enemy, relax.. Repeat..

I figure the war with Negan will either end at the Mid-Season, or possibly last to the end of this season.
But do feel if the war concludes and they just bring us a new enemy it will start to reach the end of the "Entertainment for an hour a week" and I'll easily move on.

As I said, I did it with FTWD, Lost.. As well recently "How to get away with Murder", Once upon a time" and others.

Once a show reaches a "I'll watch it on DVR if I have time" phase I move on... Plenty of other things to watch now, especially with NetFlix original material. :thumbup:

ETA.. Forgot to mention one show I loved at the beginning but just couldn't put up with the nonsense any more..
Pretty sure most here will know where I am going with this.. Heroes! 

Season one.. I couldn't get enough.. Wanted more, more, MORE!!
Season two.. Most of the first half I was still enjoying but by the end of that season I was getting disappointed in the story arc..
Season three.. I don't think I even made it to mid-season.. Found myself Hating watching it, realized life was just too short and gave it up.

Edited by snogger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kentric said:

I can't open youtube at work but I can imagine it being the one in Police Squad (?) where they show each side individually shooting at the other side and then they show them together and they are like 5 feet apart.  This episode had that vibe to it. 

From Naked Gun, but yes similar to what was originally in Police Squad.

2 hours ago, tommyboy said:

[king] "simba, now is the time to feast on the pain of our enemies as we march ever onward and upward creating new life as we rebuild the world.   Let no man plow asunder what ye has not partaken of its pleasures fully and plentifully, henceforth now and forever, amen." [/king]

:lmao: I can't tell if this is a joke or actual dialogue.  

I used to hate people coming in here and making fun of this show, but I'm full on board now.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, snogger said:

:no: Not same place.. It was just another room setup like the one he was held in that brought back memories of what he went through. 

They are attacking the outposts.. Negan is about confused as us right now what the overall plan is. Last we saw Negan was surrounded by Walkers, and his lieutenants locations are unknown. So who knows if the word got out about the attack on Negan's Location or not..

As best as I could figure, the plan was to find the “big guns”so the outposts couldn’t come and clear out the herd keeping the Sanctuary pinned down. Apparently they aren’t kept at home base, even after Rick took a ####load of them the first time they raided the satellite place.

Also yet to be explained is why you would fire 50 cal machine guns towards your home base (it shoots through schools, Johnny) to clear the walkers, when a .22 would pop one of those rotten pumpkin brains just as easily.

This whole show is just yuck.  The point blank firefight, Darryls one shot crossbow (I mean what are you going to do if there are say 2 people Darryl?), the tiger (again, really?), the kings dumb ### language, the use of handguns in a machine gun fight......

the list goes on but I will still probably watch.  On tape delay but still will watch

15 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

I was ok with the episode except one factor. They showed SO many angled camera shots where you could clearly see easy shots on the enemy. I mean, we are talking fish in a barrel shots. Yet the couldn't hit any of them with freaking automatic fire! It was ludicrous.

That's because none of the people were from Rick's sharpshooter crew.  His team could hit a fly on your shoulder from 500 yards.  Only exception is Negan and his crew which have a force field around them which deflects bullets (which then hit windows).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, snogger said:

Season one.. I couldn't get enough.. Wanted more, more, MORE!!
Season two.. Most of the first half I was still enjoying but by the end of that season I was getting disappointed in the story arc..
Season three.. I don't think I even made it to mid-season.. Found myself Hating watching it, realized life was just too short and gave it up.

EXACTLY the same thing for me. What I read was the creator/writer for Heroes had a plan to basically kill all but 3-4 characters each season and have those 3-4 go onto the next season and introduce a bunch more and kill all but 3-4 and keep going. Weeellllll, the network decided that the fans loved the core group too much and wanted them all to live from season to season after they had plot elements in place to kill them. Basically he'd written himself into a corner when the network execs demanded that everyone survive (Nathan living with Syler inside him or some such? :X ) Similar situation here. They need to end the show. Now they are talking about getting to 200 episodes. There just isn't enough new ground to cover to keep it great and do that. 

That being said, I actually enjoyed the episode on Sunday night. I'm also just ignoring the fact that there is supposedly a bullet shortage. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kentric said:

That's because none of the people were from Rick's sharpshooter crew.  His team could hit a fly on your shoulder from 500 yards.  Only exception is Negan and his crew which have a force field around them which deflects bullets (which then hit windows).

speaking of those windows... I came up with a somewhat plausible explanation- to scare all the non-leaders that might have been hiding in a large room behind the windows into some kind of peaceful or at least non-rick rebellion from within. 

but that clearly is not what the writers intended given the ongoing and scarier mass-murder in effect by rick and crew.

so... I'm out of ideas for why they spent so much time shooting out those windows.

19 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

speaking of those windows... I came up with a somewhat plausible explanation- to scare all the non-leaders that might have been hiding in a large room behind the windows into some kind of peaceful or at least non-rick rebellion from within. 

but that clearly is not what the writers intended given the ongoing and scarier mass-murder in effect by rick and crew.

so... I'm out of ideas for why they spent so much time shooting out those windows.

I thought they just assumed that the rest of Negan's army was up behind the windows. They shot first at them behind the windows but then no one shot back. Anyone read the comic books? Anything like this happen in the comics?

Just now, TheFanatic said:

I thought they just assumed that the rest of Negan's army was up behind the windows. They shot first at them behind the windows but then no one shot back. Anyone read the comic books? Anything like this happen in the comics?

double/triple storey windows? nobody's standing directly behind those- just air. but I could see people standing under them in a big room... and that would be scary for effect with all the glass falling and negan running in to get away from it.

but if that's the plan, what's the mass-murder spree doing for it other than showing the non-combatants that you're just as bad as negan.

1 minute ago, El Floppo said:

double/triple storey windows? nobody's standing directly behind those- just air. but I could see people standing under them in a big room... and that would be scary for effect with all the glass falling and negan running in to get away from it.

but if that's the plan, what's the mass-murder spree doing for it other than showing the non-combatants that you're just as bad as negan.

They could have scaffold along the windows. I don't know :shrug: 

Part of me wonders if it's to make the building unlivable as it would be impossible to heat, but with it being something like 6 stories tall in there, it already is unlivable. No way to keep that heated in the winter. 

They could have scaffold along the windows. I don't know :shrug: 

Part of me wonders if it's to make the building unlivable as it would be impossible to heat, but with it being something like 6 stories tall in there, it already is unlivable. No way to keep that heated in the winter. 

I see what you're saying- along with the zombie horde, make everything uncomfortable for them. I felt like the space behind those windows was a factory floor, the area they used for the market-place that they showed in previous seasons.... would be ok if it wasn't conditioned/heated. they have dormitory areas/offices for living/sleeping.

feel like I can explain a scene, but then it either makes no sense relative to other scenes, or even contradicts them. seems like a bunch of "this would look cool- makes no sense given the world we've created, but who's really paying attention to sense any more? ZOMBIES "

17 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I see what you're saying- along with the zombie horde, make everything uncomfortable for them. I felt like the space behind those windows was a factory floor, the area they used for the market-place that they showed in previous seasons.... would be ok if it wasn't conditioned/heated. they have dormitory areas/offices for living/sleeping.

feel like I can explain a scene, but then it either makes no sense relative to other scenes, or even contradicts them. seems like a bunch of "this would look cool- makes no sense given the world we've created, but who's really paying attention to sense any more? ZOMBIES "

Well, if there are floors above then soldiers could've been on those floors aiming down. 

And I guess they would have to have a dormitory type set up by this point. They couldn't be all camped out on the floor. Maybe they were like that at one point for safety, but now it's for gathering only. Still, a bear to heat

1 minute ago, The General said:

Just watched the first 2 episodes. So bad :lol:

I want to like the show and will still watch but man it’s brutal. These gun fights are cringeworthy. 

Any reason why they just didn’t shoot Negan when they had like 30 guns pointed at him?

Scroll back about 8 pages. We're all trying to ignore that plot hole. 

1 minute ago, The General said:

Just watched the first 2 episodes. So bad :lol:

I want to like the show and will still watch but man it’s brutal. These gun fights are cringeworthy. 

Any reason why they just didn’t shoot Negan when they had like 30 guns pointed at him?

THEY HATE WINDOWS

• Like 3

Just now, The General said:

:lol: I love that they shot all the windows on the 5th story of that building. 

Bullets are apparently not important anymore.

you have to turn your brain off, guy. no brains allowed when watching this show. moving images, flashing light, drool.

8 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

you have to turn your brain off, guy. no brains allowed when watching this show. moving images, flashing light, drool.

I get that. Just don’t make it painfully stupid and make it exciting. It shouldn’t be that hard.

Note to writers: 30 minute gun fights in hallways are dumb and the dilemma if you kill a stranger in a gun fight probably doesn’t need to be revisited again.

1 hour ago, The General said:
1 hour ago, TheFanatic said:

I figured it was hit on. I blame Rick since he is the worst decision maker in history :lol:

Has any plan of his ever worked?

Basically from what we all worked out ( no thanks to the writers of the dam show :angry: ) is that the plan was to show the lieutenants and others listening that Rick's Group was not like Negan's and were looking to "Live and let live" as long as they gave themselves up. But of course Negan will never surrender quietly and if Rick could hit the side of a barn he would have ended this.

As it is, After Negan refused to surrender, Rick looked for revenge and took 50+ shots at him and might have wounded him.
And then was reminded by Gabriel that this wasn't about Rick, it was about winning the war.

Edited by snogger

BTW.. Re-watching the end of week one "future" Rick makes a statement, that if true might just send most of the watchers of the show off a cliff. :oldunsure:

He says something like "I chose Mercy over Revenge" which could be interrupted, based on his conversation with Gabriel, they end up capturing Negan, rather then kill him..

Edited by snogger