What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (4 Viewers)

It really is incredible how Rick gives a speech in episode 1 about only one person has to die. Then they see Negan and can easily kill him but decide not to and since then they have slaughtered hundreds of saviors. Who writes this ####?
Maybe he was talking about Eric, not Negan.  Once Rick finds out next episode that he's dead, both sides will call the war off and live in peace. Perhaps Eric spurned Rick's advances when they first got to Alexandria, and that is the real cause for all of his underlying hostility and anger. 

So just to make sure...

Did the show end when the King's people started getting dusted from building the King seemingly just realized was there

3 episodes sitting on the DVR haven't watched any yet  :oldunsure:  
I have the entire last season sitting there unwatched on my DVR.  And this season of course.  Based on viewer reviews and the fact that I'm not really missing it, I'm thinking it's time to hit delete.

:no: The end of last season was just approaching the 2 year mark since the outbreak.  TWD wiki hasn't updated the timeline since.  They've probably given up on the show too. 
How is that possible.  Lori got preggers at the start of the outbreak, add 9 months plus the 2 the kid is now and that is pushing 3 years.  But yeah you are probably correct everyone is probably just checking out and not giving an eff at this point

How is that possible.  Lori got preggers at the start of the outbreak, add 9 months plus the 2 the kid is now and that is pushing 3 years.  But yeah you are probably correct everyone is probably just checking out and not giving an eff at this point
The zombie disease promotes rapid growth in newborns. Yea, that's it, that's the ticket.

This season is so freaking awful so far.....my goodness. WTF happened to this show since season 5? Season 5 was the last great season. 6, 7 and now 8.....man.

Thinking about finally checking out. 

anybody catch the one zombie when Zeke and that one dude (not Jerry, the other guy) were getting away who just wanted no part of being a zombie? I'll give the editors and producers credit on that one, guy cracked me up just walking along while everyone else was playing their zombie part. Reminded me of that It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia episode with Dee being the zombie extra

Love all the time spent arguing about getting the king out of the ditch. Tiger comes and it takes pretty much a second for all three of them to get out. #cgtigerlivesmatter

I liked how that axe could chop a body clean in half.  Seemed realistic 
More of a halberd, no? :nerd:

And again with the timing of corpses turning to suit the "writers".

Not that Jeeps don't maintain their speed when you take your foot off the pedal to go jump into another car... But do they? 

The entire episode was filled with turn off your brain to become an unthinking moron so you can enjoy this moments, so I'll try to remember something good.... Uh... Lots of kingly speeches?

Thought it was a pretty good episode. We needed to see "The King" humbled and they did just that and more... later Shiva.
Will be interesting to see how "The Kingdom" responds to losing so many fighters. Will they continue to follow him, will Carol become the leader, or will they leave the Kingdom now and head to Alexandria/Hill top and follow a new leader?

A few :rolleyes: moments..
Carol's "surrender".... she throws out a revolver and the group surrounding her believes she is unarmed.. Ummmm.. for 10 minutes she's be shooting a machine gun at you and yet a revolver is all you need to see that it is fine to move in?? 
Rick driving the Jeep, gets the radiator shot, steam starts escaping.. 5 seconds later no steam and the Jeep is still running faster then the truck. Not to mention, Rick and Daryl shooting none stop and missing badly at a guy who's a sitting duck in the back.. Then Daryl recovers from the slide, catches the chase and takes a blind one shot that takes him out.

Next week looks to be A Sanctuary without a leader in self destruct mode and Negan/Gabriel trapped episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst....episode.....ever....

I mean what really happened in that hour that couldn't have been explained/shot in 10 minutes?  

I was falling asleep the entire episode and when I wasn't, I was rolling my eyes.. #stupid

Daryl is the only one with any sense right now.  But how come he can fire an automatic weapon down a hallway and not hit anything, but never misses with the crossbow and hitting a guy in the head from 30 yards away with a hand gun... left handed.  Oh brother.   :doh:
Which is why he uses the crossbow.   haha

They are very inconsistent in the way they shoot in their various battles.  I guess they are only marksmen against select human and walkers.  Maybe it has to do with the time of day. lol

Surprised there were no comments about when the King first comes out of the pile.  A few Walkers cruising about should be no problem as his group just got wiped out and he can easily find a gun to shoot them.  What?  No guns.  Pulls out a pistol and one shot and done.  Finds the lone rifle on the grounds and it doesn't fire.  I got a pretty good chuckle out of it.

Surprised there were no comments about when the King first comes out of the pile.  A few Walkers cruising about should be no problem as his group just got wiped out and he can easily find a gun to shoot them.  What?  No guns.  Pulls out a pistol and one shot and done.  Finds the lone rifle on the grounds and it doesn't fire.  I got a pretty good chuckle out of it.
Yeah.  You'd think all the guns would have full ammo in them since they were about to attack a compound and no one even got a shot off before they all were killed.

Yeah.  You'd think all the guns would have full ammo in them since they were about to attack a compound and no one even got a shot off before they all were killed.
When the king wasnt finding them immediately as would make sense, I figured the saviors had done a quick sweep and took the guns.

Well, they did enter the compound shooting about the place, killing all that were there.
So not out of the question they "shot their load" and didn't reload seeing as they had killed all around and were proclaiming "Not one lost" before getting mowed down. :shrug:

The episode was just alright.  Maybe slightly better than the others this season.  I was just happy to see that things may be ready to move forward.  I'm ready for the Negan story to start wrapping up.

The episode was just alright.  Maybe slightly better than the others this season.  I was just happy to see that things may be ready to move forward.  I'm ready for the Negan story to start wrapping up.
At this rate probably be three more seasons

Man you guys are impossible to make happy. Every week is a week long circle jerk of you guys trying to one up the previous person of making a snide comment.

If you don't like it, stop posting. Is it really that hard? Do I find myself rolling my eyes every once in a while? Yes, but I overall enjoy the show as do a lot of people do.

This episode was pretty darn good, but you guys are so engrained in being negative you can't even appreciate when they do an episode right. 

Man you guys are impossible to make happy. Every week is a week long circle jerk of you guys trying to one up the previous person of making a snide comment.

If you don't like it, stop posting. Is it really that hard? Do I find myself rolling my eyes every once in a while? Yes, but I overall enjoy the show as do a lot of people do.

This episode was pretty darn good, but you guys are so engrained in being negative you can't even appreciate when they do an episode right. 
This. 

Couple things. Yes, an axe that big could cleave a man in half. It's not that hard. 

Yes, the Jeep took a shot to the radiator. Yes, it lost steam and then no steam and ran as fast as ever. Once it ran out of fluid the steam would stop, but the car wouldn't seize immediately. It would still run normally for a few minutes before overheating. The Jeep not slowing down? Maybe he slipped it into neutral before jumping to keep the transmission from slowing it down and then only gravity and wind. I don't know. But oooohhh so nitpicky here. 

The King grabs an AR15 caked in mud and blood. One of the negatives with the AR15 as opposed to the AK47 is they are way more susceptible to debris making them not work. AK's can be drug behind a Jeep through a mud trough and come out the other side ready to fire. No idea why he only had one round in his pistol. 

The king couldn't get out of the ditch on the other side in time if they were also fighting off walkers. Having the Tiger there kept the walkers at bay to pull him out the other side. 

There is plenty to complain about (why didn't they drive back to the compound because they needed to have Shiva save the day, and how come Jerry wasn't spotted before he cleaved the guy), but at this point it seems like there are a lot of people in this thread simply watch the show to find something to one up the others in this thread on what's wrong with the show. It's time to move on from the thread or stop watching or both. Maybe start a new thread where all you nitpickers can hang out and have a big circle jerk of things that are wrong with the show. I'll avoid that thread because I'm still enjoying the show and don't need that kind of negativity in my life that the circle jerkers seem to need in theirs. 

i would have to go back and watch some previous seasons,  but my overall impression is that the writing/directing has gotten worse, not better.
This    :P

I guess then it depends on whether you consider the quality to still be acceptable enough to continue watching or, you have committed yourself to seeing it through the end just because you invested 6 years in the thing.  For me, I enjoy coming in here and covering the inconsistencies in the stories.  Sometimes I get feedback as to why something may not be as odd as I thought (for example, why were there no guns on the ground for the King to use?  Reply: Maybe the bad guys canvased the area and took them all.)  

Just because people complain about the writing doesn't mean we don't like the show overall.  

This    :P

I guess then it depends on whether you consider the quality to still be acceptable enough to continue watching or, you have committed yourself to seeing it through the end just because you invested 6 years in the thing.  For me, I enjoy coming in here and covering the inconsistencies in the stories.  Sometimes I get feedback as to why something may not be as odd as I thought (for example, why were there no guns on the ground for the King to use?  Reply: Maybe the bad guys canvased the area and took them all.)  

Just because people complain about the writing doesn't mean we don't like the show overall.  
i'm invested and watch it every week.    i still look forward to seeing whats next.

I'm fine with the show currently and look forward to it each week, but to be honest I never took it that serious anyways. Example: I never thought the first couple seasons were these works of art or some classic must see tv like some in here describe the then and now of this show.  I've always been of the thinking its an unrealistic zombie show that is fun to watch and it still is.  Previously it was stupid stuff like who's cutting the grass, now every little thing gets brought up in here on a weekly basis. 

I'm fine with the show currently and look forward to it each week, but to be honest I never took it that serious anyways. Example: I never thought the first couple seasons were these works of art or some classic must see tv like some in here describe the then and now of this show.  I've always been of the thinking its an unrealistic zombie show that is fun to watch and it still is.  Previously it was stupid stuff like who's cutting the grass, now every little thing gets brought up in here on a weekly basis. 
yep...

I absolutely HATED how long they dragged out the search for Sophia in Season 2.. Was very close to literally :wall:
Sure, the pay off at the end was great.. But they easily could have built to that over say 2 or 3 episodes..

But I survived and still enjoy the show for what it is.. A live action Comic book :thumbup:

This. 

Couple things. Yes, an axe that big could cleave a man in half. It's not that hard

Yes, the Jeep took a shot to the radiator. Yes, it lost steam and then no steam and ran as fast as ever. Once it ran out of fluid the steam would stop, but the car wouldn't seize immediately. It would still run normally for a few minutes before overheating. The Jeep not slowing down? Maybe he slipped it into neutral before jumping to keep the transmission from slowing it down and then only gravity and wind. I don't know. But oooohhh so nitpicky here. 

The King grabs an AR15 caked in mud and blood. One of the negatives with the AR15 as opposed to the AK47 is they are way more susceptible to debris making them not work. AK's can be drug behind a Jeep through a mud trough and come out the other side ready to fire. No idea why he only had one round in his pistol. 

The king couldn't get out of the ditch on the other side in time if they were also fighting off walkers. Having the Tiger there kept the walkers at bay to pull him out the other side. 

There is plenty to complain about (why didn't they drive back to the compound because they needed to have Shiva save the day, and how come Jerry wasn't spotted before he cleaved the guy), but at this point it seems like there are a lot of people in this thread simply watch the show to find something to one up the others in this thread on what's wrong with the show. It's time to move on from the thread or stop watching or both. Maybe start a new thread where all you nitpickers can hang out and have a big circle jerk of things that are wrong with the show. I'll avoid that thread because I'm still enjoying the show and don't need that kind of negativity in my life that the circle jerkers seem to need in theirs. 
I'm still skeptical.  would like to see a Mythbusters on this

Users who are viewing this thread