What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I continue to watch the show because I love the comics, I love the genre and I know there will be good episodes.  I just hate when they have a stretch of boring ones.  I don't care for an entire episode of one person's character development.  I don't care for a battle that takes up 3 episodes.

I can get past all the little details that some will nitpick if the overall content is good.  So far the overall content is just meh.  It's average.  I'm still interested to see what's going to happen.  I'm excited to get Eugene involved again.  I know many don't like him but I think he's a great character.

I continue to watch the show because I love the comics, I love the genre and I know there will be good episodes.  I just hate when they have a stretch of boring ones.  I don't care for an entire episode of one person's character development.  I don't care for a battle that takes up 3 episodes.

I can get past all the little details that some will nitpick if the overall content is good.  So far the overall content is just meh.  It's average.  I'm still interested to see what's going to happen.  I'm excited to get Eugene involved again.  I know many don't like him but I think he's a great character.
There's lots of great characters. Eugene, neegan, Carol, Maggie, Dwight, Rosita. Problem is they are only showing a couple lately

There's lots of great characters. Eugene, neegan, Carol, Maggie, Dwight, Rosita. Problem is they are only showing a couple lately
This is usually when I get tired of the show, when they split them all up.  It's been a theme the last couple years it seems.  They start fairly strong then split everyone up and take their time getting everyone back for a great final episode then do it all over again the next season.  I'd like to a stronger mid season.

Man you guys are impossible to make happy. Every week is a week long circle jerk of you guys trying to one up the previous person of making a snide comment.

If you don't like it, stop posting. Is it really that hard? Do I find myself rolling my eyes every once in a while? Yes, but I overall enjoy the show as do a lot of people do.

This episode was pretty darn good, but you guys are so engrained in being negative you can't even appreciate when they do an episode right. 
for me, the writers and people behind the scenes are doing a sub-par job of telling a good story.

For example, I was listening to a podcast, and I forgot in the comics that Rick and company shot those windows out (from episode 1) to attract the herd to come and rush the complex. I forgot about it in the comics because it was explained well and was a natural fit for the story. With the TV show, they have no idea how to do this, and it is just a shame that such poor execution is ruining an actual good story ( I was re-reading the next plot arc the other night and I am dreadfully nervous how the show runners will screw it up). Maybe it is that difficult to tell a comic book story on a TV series, but I don't know of any other show that has been this poor at it. It is sad, but I am a Walking Dead fan so I am still in. Also naïve and for some dumb reason I think they will get it at some point and tell the story better

Not one of the better seasons.

You know the Saviors have been the most prosperous and best protected "society" encountered to date. Negan has been doing something right to have so many followers and the numbers he does.

Definite class division between those who receive tribute and those who give tribute. But those who pay tribute are surviving and not starving and seem to have time for other interests. Also Negan is willing to promote those who have value to the group due to their skill (Eugene?)

Rick's group was a wandering group constantly exposed to walker attacks or crossing into the territory often hostile tribes.

Not one of the better seasons.

You know the Saviors have been the most prosperous and best protected "society" encountered to date. Negan has been doing something right to have so many followers and the numbers he does.

Definite class division between those who receive tribute and those who give tribute. But those who pay tribute are surviving and not starving and seem to have time for other interests. Also Negan is willing to promote those who have value to the group due to their skill (Eugene?)

Rick's group was a wandering group constantly exposed to walker attacks or crossing into the territory often hostile tribes.
Part of this was due to the availability of resources.  Over the past few seasons they have made an effort to show that the local resources are declining and they need to go further and further away to get food.  That is one of the reasons why the King's team decided to revolt.

I liked the actor from his prior work, but the Neegan character has definitely worn thin.  His attitude was refreshing at first but he's a one-trick pony as far as the presentation of the character.

Yes, the Jeep took a shot to the radiator. Yes, it lost steam and then no steam and ran as fast as ever. Once it ran out of fluid the steam would stop, but the car wouldn't seize immediately. It would still run normally for a few minutes before overheating.
Not nitpicking, but do have to point out the absurdity of this scene. This was not just "a shot to the radiator." This was a slug from a .50 caliber machine gun. Do you know why the .50 cal has been in continuous use since even before WWII? Because it's effect are devastating. It is a beast. It was often used in WWII to knock out light armored vehicles like half tracks and even light tanks. A .50 caliber shell wouldn't have just punctured the radiator then stopped. It would have absolutely shredded that entire engine, especially at that range. So I enjoyed the episode. But that scene was absolutely ludicrous. It would have been much more believable had they just had him avoiding the shells with the swerving or whatever.

A 50 Cal at 1000 yards would blow thru a concrete wall AND thru two or three human torsos, probably splitting the first two guys in half and shredding the third one. 

Whomever wrote that scene has zero knowledge of guns

Whatever, I enjoyed the episode so I'm not going to complain.

Serious question:   Does anyone care about any of these people anymore?  If rick died, would you care?  I don’t think I would.  They have written this show right off a cliff.  Carl could be in a zombie apocalypse heroine den right now.  Who knows? Who cares?!

Serious question:   Does anyone care about any of these people anymore?  If rick died, would you care?  I don’t think I would.  They have written this show right off a cliff.  Carl could be in a zombie apocalypse heroine den right now.  Who knows? Who cares?!
This is the first season where I now browse the internet or do something else while the show is on and kind of half watch. I would like to see them "reboot" the series where 90% of the "good guys" are wiped out and they are forced to leave their settlements and have to survive on the road again. 

tommyboy said:
Along those lines the king would have been shredded
Yeah, they do a great job with the effects showing that those bullets go right through everyone that was shot other than who was protecting the king. 

DallasDMac said:
Not nitpicking, but do have to point out the absurdity of this scene. This was not just "a shot to the radiator." This was a slug from a .50 caliber machine gun. Do you know why the .50 cal has been in continuous use since even before WWII? Because it's effect are devastating. It is a beast. It was often used in WWII to knock out light armored vehicles like half tracks and even light tanks. A .50 caliber shell wouldn't have just punctured the radiator then stopped. It would have absolutely shredded that entire engine, especially at that range. So I enjoyed the episode. But that scene was absolutely ludicrous. It would have been much more believable had they just had him avoiding the shells with the swerving or whatever.
A bullet can punch through the radiator or a radiator hose without punching through the engine block which is what it would take to stop the car immediately. Just saying there is some plausibility there. 

zoonation said:
I'd be pissed if they killed off Rosita.  Other than her and maybe Darryl (as I am waiting around on the hope that one day he will actually wash his hair), kill away.

DallasDMac said:
I didn't understand why they would swerve to avoid hitting a couple walkers.  I would have just plowed through them

tommyboy said:
A 50 Cal at 1000 yards would blow thru a concrete wall AND thru two or three human torsos, probably splitting the first two guys in half and shredding the third one. 

Whomever wrote that scene has zero knowledge of guns

Whatever, I enjoyed the episode so I'm not going to complain.
But you kinda just did :D

And still watching although I don't know what i look forward to more? Watching the episode for the week or catching up on the comments in here tearing it apart. Solid work by the FFA here :thumbup:

I didn't understand why they would swerve to avoid hitting a couple walkers.  I would have just plowed through them
I've thought that also. But then I also thought about the time I hit a smaller deer and how much damage that did to my vehicle.   His ride would be better suited to plow them over though.

If they're zombies my instinct would be to run them over, especially if I was in a military truck
The guy was spending more time looking over his shoulder than he was looking ahead. He had no time to determine if that was a zombie or anything else other than something walking. But hey, next time you are in car chase/gun battle, I'm sure you would make the right decision that this moron obviously missed. 

I'm fine with the show currently and look forward to it each week, but to be honest I never took it that serious anyways. Example: I never thought the first couple seasons were these works of art or some classic must see tv like some in here describe the then and now of this show.  I've always been of the thinking its an unrealistic zombie show that is fun to watch and it still is.  Previously it was stupid stuff like who's cutting the grass, now every little thing gets brought up in here on a weekly basis. 
i'm guessing the bolded above is where most of the disconnect is with the show. I wish I could watch it like that, but for whatever reason I don't. I watch Z Nation as well, and never really have any gripes because I think they are self-aware of what they are, and embrace it. Walking Dead tries to be both (light-hearted fun and a serious show) and because of that we end up missing on both.

I am pretty sure the scenes of Carol shooting all those guys through the ceiling tile, or shooting that 15+ zombies with exact precision would have been fine with me. I think it is because the original story in the comics was a legit story and was well written, so my expectation is that the show would be similar.

i'm guessing the bolded above is where most of the disconnect is with the show. I wish I could watch it like that, but for whatever reason I don't. I watch Z Nation as well, and never really have any gripes because I think they are self-aware of what they are, and embrace it. Walking Dead tries to be both (light-hearted fun and a serious show) and because of that we end up missing on both.

I am pretty sure the scenes of Carol shooting all those guys through the ceiling tile, or shooting that 15+ zombies with exact precision would have been fine with me. I think it is because the original story in the comics was a legit story and was well written, so my expectation is that the show would be similar.
I hear you, I get a kick out of the little of the talking dead that I've watched. That producer and the actors will be on there talking like they are making some sort of masterpiece drama (as where some fans want it to be) when its basically the A-team on steroids.  I never read the comics so I cannot relate to that side of it.

Seems like cable channels tend to want to keep these series cheap. That's the main explanation for most of the crticism.

This is the first season where I now browse the internet or do something else while the show is on and kind of half watch. I would like to see them "reboot" the series where 90% of the "good guys" are wiped out and they are forced to leave their settlements and have to survive on the road again. 
Yeah, there seems to be this sentiment that the core cast is so beloved by the watchers of the show that there's no way they can be dispatched.  I think that's poppycock.  A loss of the entire cast of this show, and an introduction of an entirely new cast of characters, wouldn't affect my watching of the show in any negative way.

Also, I wanted to see a zombie tiger.

Yeah, there seems to be this sentiment that the core cast is so beloved by the watchers of the show that there's no way they can be dispatched.  I think that's poppycock.  A loss of the entire cast of this show, and an introduction of an entirely new cast of characters, wouldn't affect my watching of the show in any negative way.

Also, I wanted to see a zombie tiger.
Would like to see maybe Rick, Darryl, Maggie, and Eugene live and that's about it. Have a show with just that core that has to survive on the road.

Maybe add in 1-2 more out of Coral, Rosita, Gabriel or Dwight

eta - oops forgot about Carol

Last edited by a moderator:
Would like to see maybe Rick, Darryl, Maggie, and Eugene live and that's about it. Have a show with just that core that has to survive on the road.

Maybe add in 1-2 more out of Coral, Rosita, Gabriel or Dwight

eta - oops forgot about Carol
Don't forget, Jesus is coming.

Yes in real life, that .50 cal would have ripped Rick to shreds and the Jeep he was driving. 

That's good.  At least some people are.  I'm not saying it's been terrible by any means but I just expect more.
I may have tempered my expectations at this point. I can usually enjoy most things. I almost quit last year, though Hated it. 

I'm much more critical of Game of Thrones because I expect a lot from them. 

Users who are viewing this thread