What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (6 Viewers)

You guys make me laugh.  Are you trying to tell me you've never jumped from one car to another after having been shot at by a 50 cal machine gun?  What kind of FBGers are you???
I especially liked the part where they thought Indiana Jones had fallen to his death in the tank, but then he walked up behind them, looked over the edge, grunted, and his hat magically blew back up,the cliff to him.

Whole lot of meh so far. Had to watch the first one twice because I fell asleep. I didn't miss much.

Really thought they might kill the baby, just grasping for a pivotal moment.  :unsure:  

Serious question:   Does anyone care about any of these people anymore?  If rick died, would you care?  I don’t think I would.  They have written this show right off a cliff.  Carl could be in a zombie apocalypse heroine den right now.  Who knows? Who cares?!
I think we're all holding out hope that at some point we get a Maggie shower scene with full frontal. 

Love all the time spent arguing about getting the king out of the ditch. Tiger comes and it takes pretty much a second for all three of them to get out. #cgtigerlivesmatter
Love how we just all completely accept the tame tiger concept now.   He's kind of like Scooby-Doo, but he follows orders without needing to be bribed with Scooby-Snacks first.

Love all the time spent arguing about getting the king out of the ditch. Tiger comes and it takes pretty much a second for all three of them to get out. #cgtigerlivesmatter
Love how we just all completely accept the tame tiger concept now.   He's kind of like Scooby-Doo, but he follows orders without needing to be bribed with Scooby-Snacks first.
this is where this thread falls off the cliff.. people conplain when the show doesn't follow the comics, then people complain when it does. :loco:  

Enjoyed last nights episode.. Showing how Negan is the only thing keeping the Sanctuary together was a good point of view.
Negan trying to convince himself that his "wife's" want to be there was pretty good. And now we know where the name "Lucille" came from.

Yet another episode with a mysterious Helicopter.. We've seen one in Season one, Season 2 where the Governor's group shot one down, Season 4 on the roof of a building and last year, even though it was barely caught by eagle eye watchers.
Possible reasoning..
1.They are close to DC and there might still be a Shadow Government in place.
2. Off the rails, kind of, but since we saw one behind Rick last year when he was at the Garbage Pail kids location, and now he sees one as he is heading down the road, maybe they have one?

Rick & Daryl's "Brotherly" fight was an eye opener.. I liked after the Truck blew up and they are sitting there Rick says "Choke holds are illegal" to which Daryl says "Yea, I know" :lol:

:mellow: if you didn't like last nights episode, which was easily one the best of the last two seasons, then it might be time to change the channel.
I'm getting close.  Negans shtick is really played out.   Rick and Daryl fighting was dumb
:shrug: last nights episode was there to "explain" the reasoning behind his "Shtick".. It is kind of an act, much like the King's Act, in that it is what keeps the Sanctuary and it's people feeling "safe" ..
He believes it is necessary to kill some in order to save the rest and in order to keep order he must be as ruthless as he can.  

Last edited by a moderator:
:shrug: last nights episode was there to "explain" the reasoning behind his "Shtick".. It is kind of an act, much like the King's Act, in that it is what keeps the Sanctuary and it's people feeling "safe" ..
He believes it is necessary to kill some in order to save the rest and in order to keep order he must be a ruthless as he can.  
Sorry I was talking about the actors delivery and not the character himself.  Hope he's not around much longer, almost as bad as King Zeke 

He believes it is necessary to kill some in order to save the rest and in order to keep order he must be a ruthless as he can.  
Sorry I was talking about the actors delivery and not the character himself.  Hope he's not around much longer, almost as bad as King Zeke 
Ah, yes.. BTW, I think that is just the way he "acts".. The Trailer for "Rampage" he has almost exactly the same delivery :mellow:

So, uh, what was the deal with the paint?

And how do the saviors know there is a right.  Seems like they quickly threw that at us with no explanation

Been here thinking and can't figure out what you mean by paint... :confused:
I’ll explain it quickly. Eugene grabbed a chess piece in Dwight’s room and it was still wet and he got red paint on his finger. The bag of guns that the workers got had red paint on it, so Eugene knows Dwight’s the rat. That was his look to Dwight.
Right, but then he went off on the Saviors knowing about it.. None of them even noticed it, only Eugene noticed and would have any clue what it was..

so I was wondering what he meant by "And how do the saviors know there is a right.  Seems like they quickly threw that at us with no explanation" 

:shrug:

I caught up on the show this weekend (on vacation this week). It was like watching one long episode. The 50 cal and car chase was silly. First of all, they didn’t even know they were being chased so they shouldn’t have even had that gun setup and ready to go. It would have been better if the guy was hanging out the side or shooting through the back window. That would have avoided Rick’s Jeep somehow not getting torn apart. Heck how about when he get’s ready to shoot the other guys swerves and he falls out. Even that would be better than Rick’s Jeep being bulletproof.

I’m still in because I’ve been watching since the beginning but GD if I’m going to like seeing those stupid garbage pail kids. They can’t talk but the have a helicopter? Rick threatens them alone? No one in his group would have any idea that he was there. They could kill him and no one would come after them.

I’ll explain it quickly. Eugene grabbed a chess piece in Dwight’s room and it was still wet and he got red paint on his finger. The bag of guns that the workers got had red paint on it, so Eugene knows Dwight’s the rat. That was his look to Dwight.
Yep that's what I got out of it too, he knows Dwight is the nark. What he does with that info will be interesting weather he helps him or not (I'm assuming he will).  

My first thought on the chopper was some sort of military presence, that said I had forgot they had shown other choppers previously as snogger had mentioned.

I am assuming the lookout with the whistle is part of the garbage pail kids clan?

Yep that's what I got out of it too, he knows Dwight is the nark. What he does with that info will be interesting weather he helps him or not (I'm assuming he will).  

My first thought on the chopper was some sort of military presence, that said I had forgot they had shown other choppers previously as snogger had mentioned.

I am assuming the lookout with the whistle is part of the garbage pail kids clan?
Yes. He was. They whistle because in the time passing since we last saw them their language has gone from baby talk to short and long bursts of whistles.

Right, but then he went off on the Saviors knowing about it.. None of them even noticed it, only Eugene noticed and would have any clue what it was..

so I was wondering what he meant by "And how do the saviors know there is a right.  Seems like they quickly threw that at us with no explanation" 

:shrug:
I’m not sure what you are talking about with the quote. The red paint Dwight is using is only known to Dwight and Eugene and no one else would even think about that little spec of paint. No one, even Eugene said anything about the paint on the show. 

I caught up on the show this weekend (on vacation this week). It was like watching one long episode. The 50 cal and car chase was silly. First of all, they didn’t even know they were being chased so they shouldn’t have even had that gun setup and ready to go. It would have been better if the guy was hanging out the side or shooting through the back window. That would have avoided Rick’s Jeep somehow not getting torn apart. Heck how about when he get’s ready to shoot the other guys swerves and he falls out. Even that would be better than Rick’s Jeep being bulletproof.

I’m still in because I’ve been watching since the beginning but GD if I’m going to like seeing those stupid garbage pail kids. They can’t talk but the have a helicopter? Rick threatens them alone? No one in his group would have any idea that he was there. They could kill him and no one would come after them.
Daryl knows.. That was the "Are you sure about this?" question to Rick , then Rick said "yes, I guess I'm walking" to which Daryl responded "Yep, you are"  :lol:

I’m not sure what you are talking about with the quote. The red paint Dwight is using is only known to Dwight and Eugene and no one else would even think about that little spec of paint. No one, even Eugene said anything about the paint on the show. 
I was quoting Pantherclub's post/question.. and yes, we are both saying the same thing.. Eugene and Dwight are the only 2 that would know what the Paint was from. :hifive:

Daryl knows.. That was the "Are you sure about this?" question to Rick , then Rick said "yes, I guess I'm walking" to which Daryl responded "Yep, you are"  :lol:
Meh, that’s awful then. It sure seemed like the scene with the helicopter is what drew him there. He fought with Daryl about sticking to the plan are we seriously supposed to think his trying to make a deal with the whistling people was actually part of the plan? Either the fight with Daryl was stupid or the original plan hoping he wouldn’t get killed and would make a deal was stupid. Especially since they were only there because they went off plan to get the guns.

Also, the whistlers are even worse now if he’s walking in the same damn direction of the sanctuary and can walk to the dump. You mean to tell me that these two groups never bumped into each other?

Man, I need to go back to the @flapgreen approach of low expectations and not thinking about things. Makes it worse when you actually think through the drivel they write.

Makes everything easier to enjoy. I'm liking this season. I can't follow in here much either. Makes me hate the show. 

:mellow: if you didn't like last nights episode, which was easily one the best of the last two seasons, then it might be time to change the channel.
You might be right. I kept holding out hope for some improvement but found last night's episode boring and silly. 

The helicopter was the only glimmer of hope.

I may have been drunk last night but I am pretty sure they did the "ONLY 3 episodes left" teaser.

If true this may be the worst season ever for this show.  A whole lot of nothing

last night we tackled:

negan backstory, same with preacher guy

intrigue surrounding gregory, dwight, nerd guy

great escape from the trailer

darryl & rick fight

a helicopter?

negan cult status in action.

thought it was pretty darn good in comparison to the rest of the season so far.  Defiintely more  interested in next Sundays episode-  they seem to be moving things along faster now but with a lot of content

Said the same thing a week or two ago.  His attitude and delivery are wearing thin for me as well and I loved him in some of his previous (non-WD) work.

Rick & Daryl's "Brotherly" fight was an eye opener.. I liked after the Truck blew up and they are sitting there Rick says "Choke holds are illegal" to which Daryl says "Yea, I know" :lol:
I took that small scene as its building more character development between Rick and Daryl that Rick is still playing by rules and Daryl has had it with the rules.  

Similar to when Daryl shot Morales. And later when the guy at the outpost came out on Rick's word he wasn't going to shoot, and Daryl killed him once he had the information.

Starting to see that Daryl has had with what Rick things is legal or illegal.  I'll be curious to see how Daryl reacts when he gets back to hill top and Jesus is keeping Saviors. 

last night we tackled:

negan backstory, same with preacher guy

intrigue surrounding gregory, dwight, nerd guy

great escape from the trailer

darryl & rick fight

a helicopter?

negan cult status in action.

thought it was pretty darn good in comparison to the rest of the season so far.  Defiintely more  interested in next Sundays episode-  they seem to be moving things along faster now but with a lot of content
completely agree with this. I liked the quieter episode- especially seeing more of the dynamics of the sanctuary and a little back story on negan. thought this was one of the stronger episodes of the season... which is sadly not saying much.

gabriel's redemption... not sure I'm interested- but getting the doctor out  to help maggie and maybe helping turn eugene back to.. won't say the "light", because rick and co have ruthlessly killed waaaaay more people than team negan.. but turning him back to team rick psycho killers. and that's the main interesting part of this ongoing storyline with negan to me- are they any different really? how does "society" work in this world? are new morals and mores acceptable or necessary?

they've been mining this for maybe a bit too long, but its one of the only things left that make me think about it later. again- I'm a fan of the apocolyptic genre- I can accept silly rules for zombies or whatever as long as they're consistent (it's not here) because I like putting myself into the "what would I do in this situation/world" thought of it. I wish the writers did a better job with it, but that part still has me interested. (eta- I've realized that the comic-book style and acting characters are part of what I dislike in the show... but say la vee)

speaking of- writing is still the weak spot here with again so many micro/macro woof moments and hammer over the head lack of subtlety in each of the story-lines that I won't bother mentioning because too many of you get your little feelings hurt when series long fans bring up the obvious terrible stuff in this show.

Meh, that’s awful then. It sure seemed like the scene with the helicopter is what drew him there. He fought with Daryl about sticking to the plan are we seriously supposed to think his trying to make a deal with the whistling people was actually part of the plan? Either the fight with Daryl was stupid or the original plan hoping he wouldn’t get killed and would make a deal was stupid. Especially since they were only there because they went off plan to get the guns.

Also, the whistlers are even worse now if he’s walking in the same damn direction of the sanctuary and can walk to the dump. You mean to tell me that these two groups never bumped into each other?

Man, I need to go back to the @flapgreen approach of low expectations and not thinking about things. Makes it worse when you actually think through the drivel they write.
:shrug: Rick must have repeated himself at least 5 times "stick with the Plan".. So yea, I'm taking that as the plan was always to try to win back the Garbage Pail kids.. Daryl even said something along the lines of "this is the riskiest part of the plan" and Rick said he agreed.. They need numbers, especially now that the Kingdom has been all but wiped out.
So to "stick with the plan" means to still try and talk the GPK's into rejoining them to take out the Sanctuary.

as for the distance between groups.. Been a problem with how they lay out the story since season 1. There is always that .. wait :mellow: they are only x amount of miles away yet never ran into each other?? part.

This episode was decent.  Probably the best of the season.  Overall it wasn't great by any means but I enjoyed it for the most part.  It had it's really slow parts as always and I even skipped forward during the Rick/Daryl fight.  Those stupid fights are so predictable and seem stupid.

the rover said:
why would anyone think the garbage pail kids and the saviors never met?   they cut a deal to betray alexandria.  you think they did that telepathically?
Is it really that hard to believe that they brokered a back deal to get Alexandria because they had seen it? Group A asks Group B to help fight Group C. Group B decides that they could also make a deal with Group C and save their own skin because now they can surprise Group A easily or maybe Group A has cooler #### than Group C.

The Kingdom and Maggie’s place (shows how the show has been losing me that I don’t remember the name) have been under Negan’s thumb but they’ve never heard of GPKs? GPKs have a helicopter but Negan let's them have it? I think it’s much more of a stretch that Negan would know about them and leave them alone. That would completely contradict his people/resource statements he made multiple times last night. 

snogger said:
:shrug: Rick must have repeated himself at least 5 times "stick with the Plan".. So yea, I'm taking that as the plan was always to try to win back the Garbage Pail kids.. Daryl even said something along the lines of "this is the riskiest part of the plan" and Rick said he agreed.. They need numbers, especially now that the Kingdom has been all but wiped out.
So to "stick with the plan" means to still try and talk the GPK's into rejoining them to take out the Sanctuary.

as for the distance between groups.. Been a problem with how they lay out the story since season 1. There is always that .. wait :mellow: they are only x amount of miles away yet never ran into each other?? part.
That’s the dumbest plan I can think of then if that was the plan all along. If the Kingdom doesn’t get ambushed was it not in the plan? Sorry but there was no time between finding out about the Kingdom and going after the guns that killed all the Kingdom soldiers.

I don’t recall the risky talk or anything they said outside of a plan because they were arguing about not doing what Daryl wanted to do.

Oh well. Is what it is. I was hoping to never see them again. 

Just saw this comment on Yahoo. Anyone catch this?

"Did anyone catch Negan's comment of Frank from San Francisco taught him the zombie guts. Could this be the so call connection to Fear The Walking Dead?"

Just saw this comment on Yahoo. Anyone catch this?

"Did anyone catch Negan's comment of Frank from San Francisco taught him the zombie guts. Could this be the so call connection to Fear The Walking Dead?"
Sure sounds like Abraham will be joining Fear next season when they get to Texas. 

Definitely the best episode of the season (not that that's saying much). Especially intrigued by the helicopter.

The one thing about this show that I've simply never understood is how the entire government and military could fall. The zombie virus (at least as far as we've seen) can only be transferred by biting. The zombies take a long time to turn, move slowly and go down with a headshot. How in the world could even a MASSIVE herd overwhelm a well armed, well trained military force? It never made any sense to me. I get that NOW (several years into the outbreak) the military would have a tough time mobilizing (due to the lack of a communication and fuel) but in the early days of the outbreak? I dont get it.

Enjoyed last nights episode.. Showing how Negan is the only thing keeping the Sanctuary together was a good point of view.
Negan trying to convince himself that his "wife's" want to be there was pretty good. And now we know where the name "Lucille" came from.

Yet another episode with a mysterious Helicopter.. We've seen one in Season one, Season 2 where the Governor's group shot one down, Season 4 on the roof of a building and last year, even though it was barely caught by eagle eye watchers.
Possible reasoning..
1.They are close to DC and there might still be a Shadow Government in place.
2. Off the rails, kind of, but since we saw one behind Rick last year when he was at the Garbage Pail kids location, and now he sees one as he is heading down the road, maybe they have one?

comic did Neegan's backstory better, and really explained it in a way that you really feel for the guy, but i imagine the show was nervous about doing another 2-3 episode plot line on a backstory (though this one was actually a good one). 

Agreed, this episode wasn't so bad. Some points were confusing, like what was the deal with Eugene and the blood (?) on his thumb when they were looking at that bag. 

ETA: nvm, saw you guys already talked about the blood stuff

Best episode yet.  And best part was when Negan punched Gabriel in the face.  LOL moment for me, just how it was set up and played out..

Users who are viewing this thread