What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (7 Viewers)

I hope it's the governor of Hawaii and they all fly there and have a bunch of kids. As stated earlier in this thread, the island is isolated and they could kill off all of the zombies, eventually. If the zombies evolve and learn how to use planes and boats, that's another season right there. Then what would happen when the island became overpopulated in a few hundred years? Things could go a lot of ways. The humans would eventually take back over the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it's the governor of Hawaii and they all fly there and have a bunch of kids. As stated earlier in this thread, the island is isolated and they could kill off all of the zombies, eventually. If the zombies evolve and learn how to use planes and boats, that's another season right there.
I think they touched on this in World War Z. Zombies can travel underwater and for very long distances. Eventually they'd walk up or wash up on the beach. Though yeah I'd feel a lot safer on an island anyway.

Shouldn't all this "governor" talk be in spoilers? Since, you know, those of us not reading the comics don't even know what or who the #### the governor is?
There's a damn comic thread, too. Take this #### to the other thread!
:shrug:There has been talk about the "Governor" since episode one in this thread.. I haven't read one of the comic books, and haven't read any of the Spoilers but, unless you have skipped 70% of the postings in this thread, you have to know there is a "Governor" that plays a roll in the story.
well i never even heard the word governor until the last few days...im not as upset as some people but it does kind of ruin any surprises the show may have in store as far as story lines are concerned...may i suggest changing the thread title to walking dead tv show only..no comic book talk or something like that. Mostly what people talk about on here is what happened on the show that was just aired and and maybe some predictions here and there.
Do not read this! I'm serious, you will regret it. Really, I'm not kidding - absolutely DO NOT PRESS the link below.
The Governor, the prison, Michonne, and Rick loses his hand

Shouldn't all this "governor" talk be in spoilers? Since, you know, those of us not reading the comics don't even know what or who the #### the governor is?
There's a damn comic thread, too. Take this #### to the other thread!
:shrug:There has been talk about the "Governor" since episode one in this thread.. I haven't read one of the comic books, and haven't read any of the Spoilers but, unless you have skipped 70% of the postings in this thread, you have to know there is a "Governor" that plays a roll in the story.
well i never even heard the word governor until the last few days...im not as upset as some people but it does kind of ruin any surprises the show may have in store as far as story lines are concerned...may i suggest changing the thread title to walking dead tv show only..no comic book talk or something like that. Mostly what people talk about on here is what happened on the show that was just aired and and maybe some predictions here and there.
Do not read this! I'm serious, you will regret it. Really, I'm not kidding - absolutely DO NOT PRESS the link below.
The Governor, the prison, Michonne, and Rick loses his hand
now i HAVE to...thanks :kicksrock:

Really unreadable? This show is based on a comic around for years. Nothing to hide.
Yeah, some of us don't read comics and would like to talk about the tv show exclusively.I bailed on this thread early because of all the comic book talk and spoilers/comparisons/etc. Pretty sure I'll be bailing again.
So talk about it. Knowing that new cast members will be added/old ones lost sometime in the future isn't spoiling in a show based on zombies.
Thanks for letting me know what does and does not spoil a television show for me. I'll check back in with you on Monday morning so you can let me know if I enjoyed this week's episode. :thumbup:

Really unreadable? This show is based on a comic around for years. Nothing to hide.
Yeah, some of us don't read comics and would like to talk about the tv show exclusively.I bailed on this thread early because of all the comic book talk and spoilers/comparisons/etc. Pretty sure I'll be bailing again.
So talk about it. Knowing that new cast members will be added/old ones lost sometime in the future isn't spoiling in a show based on zombies.
Kind of my point.. :thumbup: This "spoiler" was posted on AMC's site, on the Walking Dead site, and on The Walking dead Facebook page. Unless you plan on ignoring all news about the Walking Dead show from here until Season 3, you are bound to know there is going to be a "Governor"Now, if you don't want to know who the "Governor" is, or what part he plays in the story I can understand that. But claiming news about the Governor coming is a "spoiler" is wrong IMO. :shrug: I changed my post to have it as a "Spoiler" post and removed my post about another character, so care on. :thumbup:
Dude, I don't even watch the 10 second preview from the next episode. For any show.

Last espisode, I thought for sure Lori was going to get picked up by the Phili group. Frankly, I was very surprised everyone ended up back at the farm without zombies or others in tow. Other than the blindfolded guy of course. So it looks like we're at the last one or two episodes that involve the farm.

Another thing, where's Merle? I thought for sure he'd show up by now.

I hope it's the governor of Hawaii and they all fly there and have a bunch of kids. As stated earlier in this thread, the island is isolated and they could kill off all of the zombies, eventually. If the zombies evolve and learn how to use planes and boats, that's another season right there.
I think they touched on this in World War Z. Zombies can travel underwater and for very long distances. Eventually they'd walk up or wash up on the beach. Though yeah I'd feel a lot safer on an island anyway.
Lets assume Zombies can survive under water. Walking from San Francisco, surviving, locating, and walking up on the beaches of Hawaii would be 99.99% of happening. Again, lets assume they can do this, why would they begin to think of walking into the water? Again, lets assume they can, they can feed on fish and such which could cause bad things to happen to the Hawaiian folk in due time but why would the Zombies think of this?The solution is easy, find an island, fortify it, document the year and such and begin civilization again. Throw some bottles for communication hopes. Ransack as much weaponry you can, fuel for boats for future supplies and so forth.Next thing you know, you have M. Night Shamalamadingdong writing a movie about all of this. As such, as far as this thread goes, I read the spoiler tags, watch the show and am not bothered by being "informed" of such things.

Lets assume Zombies can survive under water. Walking from San Francisco, surviving, locating, and walking up on the beaches of Hawaii would be 99.99% of happening. Again, lets assume they can do this, why would they begin to think of walking into the water? Again, lets assume they can, they can feed on fish and such which could cause bad things to happen to the Hawaiian folk in due time but why would the Zombies think of this?The solution is easy, find an island, fortify it, document the year and such and begin civilization again. Throw some bottles for communication hopes. Ransack as much weaponry you can, fuel for boats for future supplies and so forth.Next thing you know, you have M. Night Shamalamadingdong writing a movie about all of this. As such, as far as this thread goes, I read the spoiler tags, watch the show and am not bothered by being "informed" of such things.
I don't usually agree with you, but I agree on the island thing. While this is a goofy topic, if you really think about it, I would bet Hawaii would be 100% safe from zombies not on Hawaii, i.e. anywhere in Asia, Alaska, North/South America. If you are talking about an island of the coast of a mainlan then sure I could see a zombie making it, but Hawaii is so many miles away from any mainland, that the underwater terrain is probably impossible for a zombie to make the complete trip. They aren't going to be able to scale ridges or cross chasms at some point. Assuming zombies will sink (pretty sure they would without breathing in air), they would probably get stuck somewhere. Hawaii was formed via volcanoes, correct? So, I would think that you are talking about mountainous sized drops as you get away from the island that zombies couldn't ever scale. Plus, what would happen to a zombie body down at the bottom of the ocean where the pressure is so high that only unmanned submersibles can go. Would they just explode at some point?

I don't usually agree with you, but I agree on the island thing. While this is a goofy topic, if you really think about it, I would bet Hawaii would be 100% safe from zombies not on Hawaii, i.e. anywhere in Asia, Alaska, North/South America. If you are talking about an island of the coast of a mainlan then sure I could see a zombie making it, but Hawaii is so many miles away from any mainland, that the underwater terrain is probably impossible for a zombie to make the complete trip. They aren't going to be able to scale ridges or cross chasms at some point. Assuming zombies will sink (pretty sure they would without breathing in air), they would probably get stuck somewhere. Hawaii was formed via volcanoes, correct? So, I would think that you are talking about mountainous sized drops as you get away from the island that zombies couldn't ever scale. Plus, what would happen to a zombie body down at the bottom of the ocean where the pressure is so high that only unmanned submersibles can go. Would they just explode at some point?
:goodposting: This guy knows things.

If sharks eat whole zombies do they become zombie sharks? Or what about crabs or fish that eat pressure exploded zombie chunks?

Zombies are mindless, walking masses of flesh. They don't do anything rationale--they are lemmings. You could stand across one side of a canyon and yell and if there are zombies on the other side, they will just fall to their death to get to you. Same principle with the ocean, if they see a boat with people, they will just go stumble into the water to get to them.Also zombies don't eat humans for food. They are dead already, so they won't eat anything for nourishment.I think the more realistic scenario is that the zombies would float and you would end up with this huge floating mass of the undead (think large pack of ants on the water--except these won't drown) which I am guessing the fish would ultimately begin eating slowly. Also I am guessing the level of them decomposing would go up due to the salt water.Sorry for the hijack, but back to the show, which I am enjoying. However, I still am wondering why there are not more random walkers just appearing at the farm now and again.

:hifive: Better than talking about the merits of spoiler tags.If anyone hasn't read that Zombie Survival Guide, it is a good read, interesting view points and pretty funny. I did a quick google on "would zombies float" and not surprisingly there was a lot of discussion on it. Seemed pretty universal that they wouldn't and someone quoted the Guide and it agreed that they wouldn't float. Since the don't float, no doubt that a remote island would be the best place to be once cleared of zombies. Well, unless fish can turn into zombies as well.

Wait, I thought when the series started all it took was to get zombie blood on you and you were infected? :confused:
Had to be in the eyes or a scratch. But seems pretty incredulous that they aren't getting infected by splatter when they kill zombies. Like this episode, they should have road rash from fighting, and Shane cut his hand and used that same hand to kill with a knife. I'd think chances are slim they don't get infected fluids into their cuts.

zombie kill of the week

1- shooting thru the mouth of one zombie to get a head shot on another zombie

OR

2-running over and splattering the head of a zombie with a car

zombie kill of the week

OR

Not sure he wasn't already dead when run over.The gun through the dead zombie head was pretty sweet.
Ya he was a twitcher, he was hit by the car and was flopping around before they backed up and finished him off...it looked pretty realistic

zombie kill of the week

OR

Not sure he wasn't already dead when run over.The gun through the dead zombie head was pretty sweet.
They showed it crawling a little before they ran it over. And the mouth shot was sweet as hell....
The special effects are as good if not better than any zombie film ever made...top notch

zombie kill of the week

OR

They showed it crawling a little before they ran it over. And the mouth shot was sweet as hell....
The special effects are as good if not better than any zombie film ever made...top notch
:goodposting: Reason i think we don't see too many zombie scenes. With effects that good, it's got to be time and cost prohibitive.

zombie kill of the week

OR

I agree but.........Tonight at the end when Rick and Shane put the kid back into the car and then were talking. I said to my son it is amazing how good the special effect are for tv but the blood on Shane's face at the end looked horribly fake/bad. Seems odd that the zombies look so good but the fake blood on Shane,s face looked like bad halloween makeup.

great episode :shrug: I like how Rick looked at the two zombies in cop uniforms and it reminded him of himself and his partner and he saved him

zombie kill of the week

OR

:goodposting: That's what always makes me want to see more. The last two episodes, even with some complaints, have been the best two of the series. The way they showed Shane in the glass looking like a zombie and an arm comes up and then the zombies come pouring out of the window. Rick hiding under the bodies as they came spilling out. The bodies that piled on him until he had to do the shot through the mouth (is that even a question which makes the kill of the week?)

Andrea's slapdown of Laurie

But that fight between Shane and Rick was one of the cheesiest in years. Really bad.

A little wink to the comics I think when Maggie's sister asked her to commit suicide with her.

The problem with Hawaii is if the infection is there, you'd still have millions of zombies to kill. It would be hard to survive long enough to kill all the zombies. Plus other survivors are going to think to head there, thus providing a source for new zombies. And you have to contend with survivors already there, that may not be interested in taking on new people.

I'd head to a library and look for islands that have low populations, such as one that are nature reserves. Being located really far from the mainland might not be necessary. Strong ocean currents could suffice to sweep zombies away from where you are. Humans can dive to 300 meters, so water would probably have to be over 400 meters where the zombies' limbs would be crushed. Nuclear subs operate at 800 meters so probably somewhere around 400-600 meter depth the human skull would be crushed, so they couldn't get to you.

Islands along the coast like Nantucket might be safe. The Great Lakes have some good sized uninhabited islands like Bear island, but the water might not be deep enough to crush zombies since the deepest parts of the lakes is 407 meters and the avrg. depth is 149 meters.

Islands along the coast like Nantucket might be safe. The Great Lakes have some good sized uninhabited islands like Bear island, but the water might not be deep enough to crush zombies since the deepest parts of the lakes is 407 meters and the avrg. depth is 149 meters.
It was tried at the end of Dawn of the Dead, and for those who saw that movie, you know how well it turned out

It was tried at the end of Dawn of the Dead, and for those who saw that movie, you know how well it turned out
Did they go to an uninhabited island? Did the film makers ignore the depth of water that would crush a zombie? And water currents?

The issue with an unihabited island is that no infrastructure is set up. There needs to be some kind of farming or sustenance set up so the survivors have an advantage.

Islands like Hawaii or Iceland would be best. Sure, there are zombies there but the plane that is taken with a cache of weapons could take over the islands. Start on the small island, clear it, move to the next one, cautiously but systematically. With patience, canned goods brought from the mainland, weapons, ammo, it could be done. This method is what would need to happen to overtake land again. Get some good sharp shooters and lure the zombies to the beach and shoot them from a boat. That's the way to go.

The issue with an unihabited island is that no infrastructure is set up. There needs to be some kind of farming or sustenance set up so the survivors have an advantage.Islands like Hawaii or Iceland would be best. Sure, there are zombies there but the plane that is taken with a cache of weapons could take over the islands. Start on the small island, clear it, move to the next one, cautiously but systematically. With patience, canned goods brought from the mainland, weapons, ammo, it could be done. This method is what would need to happen to overtake land again. Get some good sharp shooters and lure the zombies to the beach and shoot them from a boat. That's the way to go.
Too many places where zombies can be in any large island that held a population. I suppose over several generations it could be cleared, but there would need to be a large population of humans to do so. A large uninhabited island like a nature preserve would sustain agriculture and you could fish. Work slowly and colonize smaller islands. I think the idea would be to begin the taking of land you'd start with places where the humans aren't so greatly out numbered by the zombies.The other reason to establish a population in an isolated area is that it is unknown how the zombie infection started, so you'd want to go to where people weren't before to establish a base population.

I didn't know anything about a governor until this thread...but don't really think it's that big a deal but would like stuff like that kept to a minimum and taken over to the comic thread. I don't even watch previews of the next week because I like to be surprised by the show.

As for the show...I love it. I do...but so many things piss me off continuously.

You kill two security guards and you don't immediately take their weapons and ammo? Come on man...that just absolutely kills me.

You find a bus...but don't think to check it's fuel tank and see if it runs? Do you have any idea the freakin vehicles I'd be rolling around in? Trust me people...come with me, we'll be living great in one of those "Girls Gone Wild" buses.

You've deal with a crap-ton of zombies at this school...and now that there's only 3 left...you decide to book it out of town? Screw that...kill those last three and lets explore this entire area for other supplies and such.

How the hell does this guy go from piercing his leg on a fence post to standing, walking and planting his weight enough to fight off a zombie and stab it multiple times. Maybe on one leg but we see him fully standing on both. I had a serious problem with that moment.

I thought the head shot through the mouth was cool but was a bit unnecessary and man, why waste that many bullets? One more zombie comes through that window and you're toast.

I wonder about the guards with no bites. Are they setting it up for other ways to catch this? Seems a bit unlikely since we've seen our characters almost completely bath in zombie blood and parts while also having injuries and open wounds. But I think I'll just have to let that one go and roll with whatever the show is setting up.

How the hell does this guy go from piercing his leg on a fence post to standing, walking and planting his weight enough to fight off a zombie and stab it multiple times. Maybe on one leg but we see him fully standing on both. I had a serious problem with that moment.
That was a glaring error. I don't know how stuff like that gets through.Also, why did they repeat the scene with Shane staring out the car window looking at the zombie in the field. Not sure what they were going for there? It was funny how he zoned out Rick's rambling on the way out.

That was a glaring error. I don't know how stuff like that gets through.Also, why did they repeat the scene with Shane staring out the car window looking at the zombie in the field. Not sure what they were going for there? It was funny how he zoned out Rick's rambling on the way out.
im pretty sure i read that this last episode takes place sometime after the episode before it...that would allow for the kid to heal up some.

Shane was wondering if he still had the guts to murder people who were better than him and take what he wants.I thought the shot of the lone zombie stumbling through the field was a nice reminder of how they have become relatively accustomed to seeing things that would have caused them all to freak out a few weeks earlier. Wasn't the zombie on the same side of the car both coming and going, though?

great episode :shrug: I like how Rick looked at the two zombies in cop uniforms and it reminded him of himself and his partner and he saved him
:goodposting: yep. Although it turned into a "yahoo!" moment. :D
Are you saying he decided to save Shane after being reminded of their past when he saw the dead cop bodies?
That's how i saw it. I thought the fight was well done too.
That's what i took from that also.. The fight with Shane, plus his wife's concerns Shane is a time bomb, gave Rick the opportunity to take him out without having to actually pull the trigger.Seeing the two Security cops next to each brought back him back to "Himself".. He is still "Rick the savior" and I don't think he would be able to just leave Shane behind and act like nothing happened. Shows the difference between how he sees the world and how Shane sees the world.99.5% sure had it been the reverse Shane leaves Rick in the Bus and :drive: away

im pretty sure i read that this last episode takes place sometime after the episode before it...that would allow for the kid to heal up some.
As deliberately as this show has paced itself so far, I thought it really strange that they chose to skip right over the kid's time on the farm and go right to dropping him off. Wouldn't he have brought up the deal about knowing hot Maggie during that time?

Wait, I thought when the series started all it took was to get zombie blood on you and you were infected? :confused:
Had to be in the eyes or a scratch. But seems pretty incredulous that they aren't getting infected by splatter when they kill zombies. Like this episode, they should have road rash from fighting, and Shane cut his hand and used that same hand to kill with a knife. I'd think chances are slim they don't get infected fluids into their cuts.
Up until this episode I gave them a pass on how the infection is transmitted.Then they had Rick and Shane look over the security guards and talk about the fact there were no bits marks, and just some scratches.. oh oh :unsure:Meanwhile, they both cut themselves across the hands to entice the Zombies in closer for the kill (BTW.. :thumbup: for that one )Then they get in a fight, lot's of blood and "scratches" and yet no worries when Rick pops a couple zombies laying on top of him. :rolleyes:

zombie kill of the week1- shooting thru the mouth of one zombie to get a head shot on another zombie OR2-running over and splattering the head of a zombie with a car
#1 by far. Wouldn't have wasted all my bullets but that was the winner for me this week.
I'll give you a shot at turning back now since this is a pretty big spoiler but. . . My take was when Shane mentioned there were no bite marks, Rick was confirming that because of what the scientist told him when he whispered to Rick at the CDC, essentially that everyone is infected. Yes, no?

Users who are viewing this thread