What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Thought the episode was boring. Actually turned it off about half way through then had to come back later to finish it. Yea the heads on pikes ending was nice and all. But that was because they needed a shock ending to try and save the season. So the ending was nice, but the episode was forgettable. Admittedly I am really having issues hanging on this season. I'll watch the finale of course. But it may truly be the finale. It just feels like more of the same anymore.

Not bad at all. Still lots of silly. Whisperers around yet no one cares about Alpha sneaking around. Daryl and team deciding to leave right before night to make it so ridiculously easy to trap. The whisperers somehow having thousands of dead all of a sudden when a few weeks ago they were camping and at most had a few dozen.

Oh well, Henry’s gone so that made it worthwhile. As mentioned above, it’s nice to not feel stupid for still watching. 
Well, Alpha was wearing the clothes and the hair :eek:   of the lady from hill top.. And, seeing how its been 6 years since the 3 separated not hard for her to blend in. 

Well, Alpha was wearing the clothes and the hair :eek:   of the lady from hill top.. And, seeing how its been 6 years since the 3 separated not hard for her to blend in. 
Well, she does have all the tools to make a perfect wig and wash the clothes since the lady didn’t struggle or bleed. It would be a little weird for her to come in alone and it would be a little hard in a yellow dress to just sneak into a group traveling from the Hilltop.

Do we have a count of who were the 10 heads?  

Enid, Tara, and Henry for sure. The older lady who had adopted the baby was one, that makes 4.  Two of Henry’s drinking buddies (one guy & one girl) makes 6.  I thought Luke was the first head they showed on the pikes but I’m pretty sure he was present in the crowd for Storytime with Siddiq, and two random highwaymen I think were mentioned so that must have been the first two, and that makes 8...and I’m blanking on the last two. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have a count of who were the 10 heads?  

Enid, Tara, and Henry for sure. The older lady who had adopted the baby was one, that makes 4.  Two of Henry’s drinking buddies (one guy & one girl) makes 6.  I thought Luke was the first head they showed on the pikes but I’m pretty sure he was present in the crowd for Storytime with Siddiq, and two random highwaymen I think were mentioned so that must have been the first two, and that makes 8...and I’m blanking on the last two. 
The two highwaymen, DJ and the red head (hilltop fighters?)Tara, Enid, Brett Butler, the other two stupid teens, and Henry.

cap'n grunge said:
I was watching my DVR last night and it got to the scene where they are watching the movie and Alpha comes in and sits down next to Lydia and puts her hand on hers. That was the end of the recording. I thought well that was weird and saw some headlines about deaths, etc and I knew I must have missed stuff. Had to watch a later showing for the final 15 minutes not recorded. Happen to anyone else? DirecTV.
Exactly the same spot it ended for me.  Came in here and didn’t understand some of the posts.  Will have to catch a reshowing on Wed.

That’s the second week in a row that directv screwed up.  Last week it was cutting back to commercials at odd times.

I also missed the last 25 minutes.  We're recording it for Wednesday.  Since I read in here the spoilers I watched the first part of Talking Dead and will watch the final 25 minutes of the show to see HOW it happened.   What a total mess caused by  DirectTV,.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also missed the last 25 minutes.  We're recording it for Wednesday.  Since I read in here the spoilers I watched the first part of Talking Dead and will watch the final 25 minutes of the show to see HOW it happened.   What a total mess caused by  DirectTV,.
Wasnt just Direct TV this time. I do not have Direct TV

Don't blame DirectTV.  We have Xfinity and it did the same thing.  And other people have said it happened on different systems, as well.  This might actually be AMC's fault.

Apparently Chris Hardwick talked about it on Talking Dead.  I'm guessing this goes back to AMC not communicating the length of the show with the providers.

Link

Apparently Chris Hardwick talked about it on Talking Dead.  I'm guessing this goes back to AMC not communicating the length of the show with the providers.

Link
I noticed Into the Badlands was listed as 1:27 in length.  They had Walking Dead as 1:00. Somehow the lengths got flip-flopped.  Agree most likely an AMC issue, as it was across multiple providers.  

yeah, it is crazy how it happened, but the meat of the episode was literally the last 15 minutes. I am sure I will miss some details, but let me try:

1. Darrel, Yumiko, Michonne and Carol left the fair to go and help protect Hilltop if needed.

2. Alpha pulled Lydia out of the theatre and basically told her she was not worthy of being a whisperer and left

3. the top 4 got captured the usual way (fighting zoms, then the whisperers all filled in).

4. Alpha led Darryl from the group (who agreed to not fight back when Beta came up to him and said he wouldn't repeat to drop his weapons). she basically spelled out the rules for how they will go forward. basically she told him to not invade their land, and that they would be fine going forward. she then told Darryl he can leave and meet up with the other 3 up north

4. they showed the 4 meet up, and head to Hilltop. on the way they saw 10 pikes in the ground, and all 10 had the heads of people from the group. the highwaymen, some red shirts, Yumoiko's buddy who was the musician, Edith, Tara and Henry

5. oh yeah, they also had a "feel good" clip with Syddiq who was also captured but was let go on purpose to tell the group what happened.

I have to guess there is a clip on youtube or something with the last 15 minutes because it seems a lot of people missed it
Luke the musician was not one of the heads on the pikes on the show.  I think he was in the comics, though.  The 10 were Ozzy and Alek (highwaymen), DJ and Frankie (former Saviours), Addy and Rodney (Henry's pals), Tammy Rose (Brett Butler), Tara, Enid and Henry.  

So I couldn't really tell who the faces on the pikes were, but the way they presented them, I knew who it was supposed to be.  They would show a little clip of people at the fair saying, "Have you seen so and so?"  Then they would show a head.  Or the Savior who was singing was looking for Enid in the crowd with a worried face.  Then they would show a head.  So even though I might not have recognized the face, I was able to figure out who it was supposed to be.  

Exactly the same spot it ended for me.  Came in here and didn’t understand some of the posts.  Will have to catch a reshowing on Wed.
Yeah, I was one of the ones who came to this thread totally confused by posts saying characters had died. 

I have the AMC app on Apple TV and was able to load the last episode and fast forward to the 38-minute mark (or thereabouts) and watch the last 17 minutes, no commercials. I should've been watching it that way this whole time. 

SoCalBroncoFan said:
in the comics they had Rosita and King Ezekiel among the heads on the pikes. When I realized they were actually going to have that part of the comics on the show I was basically holding my breath as they were showing the heads to see if they include those two. I'm glad they didn't.
I've been thinking they should have gotten rid of Tara a long time ago and I think we're all glad Henry bit the dust.  The only one I didn't want to see on a spike was Enid.   The rest of them didn't matter.

I am befuddle by how you mount heads on a pike without destroying the brain. Made no sense to me TBH.
Yeah, that thought starting going through my mind, too, before I reminded myself not to think so much while watching. 

They were all pretty chill zombie heads, too.

The radios Eugene and Rosita were  working on, I'll bet it sets it up so they finally contact someone  on the "outside world" next episode (finale), and they hear Ricks voice on the other end.  Fade to black.

Sets up his movie(s) coming out.

So, the previews for next week are interesting...

Another Time Jump coming.. no idea how far of a jump.. Shows Carol and others meandering through a blizzard..

:oldunsure:

So, the previews for next week are interesting...

Another Time Jump coming.. no idea how far of a jump.. Shows Carol and others meandering through a blizzard..

:oldunsure:
I don't think it's a huge time jump.  This last episode they were making references about it getting cold. And Alpha said something about this coming winter being a bad one.

As a weatherguy, I've been wondering how they've gone so long in Virginia without ever seeing a single snowflake.  So I'm happy to see this coming.

I don't think it's a huge time jump.  This last episode they were making references about it getting cold. And Alpha said something about this coming winter being a bad one.

As a weatherguy, I've been wondering how they've gone so long in Virginia without ever seeing a single snowflake.  So I'm happy to see this coming.
In the very last frame of last episode a snowflake hits the ground.

Could they have been killed then zombified then beheaded?
yes, but the theory of the show is that once the brain gets punctured, the zombie dies, whether head is attached or not.

I guess the simplest guess is that it is possible the pike did not reach the brain and maybe only went partially into the bottom of the skull.

yes, but the theory of the show is that once the brain gets punctured, the zombie dies, whether head is attached or not.

I guess the simplest guess is that it is possible the pike did not reach the brain and maybe only went partially into the bottom of the skull.
The one thing that bothered me about the Talking Heads was they were all stoned. Every other partial zombie we see in the series is a screaming, unfed banshee hellbent on trying to bite whatever they can. Everyone on Pike's Peak looked like they just spent some time in a Colorado weed den checking out Rafa's sinsemill. Think it would have been even better had the heads been going bat #### crazy trying to eat their friends.

Not knocking it because I thought it was one of the better moves this show has made in a while but if somebody woulda called me...

The one thing that bothered me about the Talking Heads was they were all stoned. Every other partial zombie we see in the series is a screaming, unfed banshee hellbent on trying to bite whatever they can. Everyone on Pike's Peak looked like they just spent some time in a Colorado weed den checking out Rafa's sinsemill. Think it would have been even better had the heads been going bat #### crazy trying to eat their friends.

Not knocking it because I thought it was one of the better moves this show has made in a while but if somebody woulda called me...
Back in season 4 when Herschel was beheaded, his zombified head was pretty chill too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn1bGa5d8ug

If you get the spine where it attaches to the brain it's supposed to kill a zombie too, without necessarily penetrating the brain. So I suppose it depends how high up the neck you get it and if you catch it just right avoiding this area or not depending on which outcome you are hoping for. 

I am befuddle by how you mount heads on a pike without destroying the brain. Made no sense to me TBH.
Agree a pike most certainly would puncture the brain and or key part of the spinal cord. 

beer 30 said:

I think the idea behind that, if you assume the pike is carefully placed, is that they were killed recently and just starting to animate. 

Surprised you idiots complaining about the piked head scene aren't complaining more about how short the grass was in that area.
Seems people are merely discussing it. Not really seeing anyone complaining. Sorry we upset you to the point of name-calling. I didn't realize there were still such emotionally invested fanboy types around the thread.

That was the best episode in a couple of seasons. I’m glad they got rid of a few characters, especially the teens. Tara hasn’t done much in a while, but I’ll miss her a little since she’s been on the show since the Governor. 

That was the best episode in a couple of seasons. I’m glad they got rid of a few characters, especially the teens. Tara hasn’t done much in a while, but I’ll miss her a little since she’s been on the show since the Governor. 
I won’t miss her at all. When she was with the Governor and then Glenn, she was a way better character. 

it's amazing how this show can finally have a good one (last week), and the finale is back to the same old. Love this huge blizzard where they need to hold a rope, and the next day they are all walking around for a snowball fight. i either need to hire the person who shoveled their entryway or need more snow like that.

biggest thing to happen was what, Carol and Zeke got divorced?

I honestly wasn’t expecting some thing that bad, and I have super low standards. The entire show was them dealing with some snow?  They couldn’t even do a blizzard right.

The radios Eugene and Rosita were  working on, I'll bet it sets it up so they finally contact someone  on the "outside world" next episode (finale), and they hear Ricks voice on the other end.  Fade to black.

Sets up his movie(s) coming out.
Potential spoilers and talks a little about what happened in the comic, so beware: 

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a26971628/walking-dead-eugene-radio-season-9-finale/
I thinks it's Morgan crossing back over from the spinoff show.

Agree that last week's episode would make for a better season finale.  This one seemed more like a filler.  Odd.

If the three walkers are frozen solid in the woods in mid walk... how in the world did the other walkers, who were buried in the snow/ice at the river, able to just get up and move around?  Wouldn't they be frozen solid too?  yeesh.  

And where did the whisperers camp to stay warm/alive in such a blizzard?  The horde in the canyon will thaw out, I suppose.  

So are Carol and Daryl finally going to be a thing?  

it's amazing how this show can finally have a good one (last week), and the finale is back to the same old. Love this huge blizzard where they need to hold a rope, and the next day they are all walking around for a snowball fight. i either need to hire the person who shoveled their entryway or need more snow like that.

biggest thing to happen was what, Carol and Zeke got divorced?
And maybe signs that Negan might can be trusted.  At least we know he is sincere with Judith.  I like the "Dr. baby daddy" schtick.  Father, not the father.  

Agree that last week's episode would make for a better season finale.  This one seemed more like a filler.  Odd.

If the three walkers are frozen solid in the woods in mid walk... how in the world did the other walkers, who were buried in the snow/ice at the river, able to just get up and move around?  Wouldn't they be frozen solid too?  yeesh.  

And where did the whisperers camp to stay warm/alive in such a blizzard?  The horde in the canyon will thaw out, I suppose.  

So are Carol and Daryl finally going to be a thing?  
It’s best not to even think about it. That was the weakest finale ever. One minute it’s a we need to cross this imaginary border or we’ll all die to a hey everyone’s OK and we only got an inch of snow so let’s have a snowball fight. The zombies coming out of the snow was silly. There wasn’t even snow on the ice and it wasn’t like they were wading through the snow up to their hips. That one lady was lying on the snow with the walker grabbing her foot meaning that the zombie care up from under the snow, i.e. they were buried in frozen ground. I guess it was easier since they were actually coming up from a box of styrofoam pellets.

The whisperers being in a jungle was amusing as well. You’d figure they’d be the worst off group in a snow storm, but nope they still hang out in t-shirts. I guess wearing human masks on their heads is enough to protect them from anything. The ones watching the wagon train weren’t wearing winter clothes and we’ve seen the camp with no other winter gear. Almost comical to see the group with no winter gear or shelter having 0 issues with the weather.

All I know is that article said the show runner was doing an amazing job and we got that finale? I know we all laughed at Daryl and Carol’s van flip but geez, I long for those days.

And maybe signs that Negan might can be trusted.  At least we know he is sincere with Judith.  I like the "Dr. baby daddy" schtick.  Father, not the father.  
That whole episode was about Negan coming into the group. I’ll assume that’s part of the comics because they setup that whole snowstorm episode just for Michonne and Negan to talk and for us to hear the radio. 

Users who are viewing this thread