What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (5 Viewers)

That whole episode was about Negan coming into the group. I’ll assume that’s part of the comics because they setup that whole snowstorm episode just for Michonne and Negan to talk and for us to hear the radio. 
Yes, Negan is redeemed in the comics and allowed to join the group but it happens in a different way (I think), which can still happen on the show.

wait, the whisper group didnt go south for the winter. When they showed Alpha being whipped, there was zero snow on the ground. I figured they left for warmer weather

I think they did leave.  They were not there during the storm imo.  I believe we are to understand this from Beta's line of "time away has been good for the pack"
Umm, weren’t they standing and watching the wagon train on the left side of the road? Carol and Daryl saw them watching and they weren’t moving, i.e. not frozen walkers.

Umm, weren’t they standing and watching the wagon train on the left side of the road? Carol and Daryl saw them watching and they weren’t moving, i.e. not frozen walkers.
I don't think they confirmed one way or another in that shot. 

The writers went out of their way to have the characters mention several times when killing random walkers, that they were not Whisperers.

The writers went out of their way to have the characters mention several times when killing random walkers, that they were not Whisperers.
They did do that but how would those have been frozen already but the others weren’t? They just did a terrible job of weather and temperature and well, snow depth. Somehow those walkers at the pond were in snow holes deeper than the ground or river ice. Some zombies froze at night but others during the day. Those ones on the side of the road at the beginning should have been walking, that’s why I assumed it was whisperers. Oh well, I don’t get the whisperers at all. They move around so much that in the years since the apocalypse we never saw them but now they want to move in next to our folks?

They did do that but how would those have been frozen already but the others weren’t? They just did a terrible job of weather and temperature and well, snow depth. Somehow those walkers at the pond were in snow holes deeper than the ground or river ice. Some zombies froze at night but others during the day. Those ones on the side of the road at the beginning should have been walking, that’s why I assumed it was whisperers. Oh well, I don’t get the whisperers at all. They move around so much that in the years since the apocalypse we never saw them but now they want to move in next to our folks?
I never try to break things down too much as the writing is so poor it defies logic at times.

To allow myself to have some minimal enjoyment I make up silly things like "maybe an older walker can freeze easier than newer converted walker"

yea when they were saying stuff like "was that one of them"?  I wanted to say is the zombie wearing a freaking a coat and mittens because that is what they would need if the whisperers were out in the blizzard too.

Then when they are at the sanctuary, no way to just build a fire inside that building and ride the storm out?   I didn't get why they absolutely had to leave, they are down south, they know snow/cold isn't going to last more than a couple days if that.  

I had to watch the first 20 mins of talking dead just to laugh at the show runner gloating how great this season was :loco:

Then when they are at the sanctuary, no way to just build a fire inside that building and ride the storm out?  
They did build a fire, it was shown briefly.

According to the "story", they only had supplies for a day and a half and were afraid they were going to die if the storm kept up.

questions/comments:  The writers are just fools and take us for idiots.

1. Granted I have sped through this season but have they mentioned anything about guns.  There was not one shown at all after the whisperers killed the people and you would think they would be loaded for bear after that.

2.  What type of damn snow storm was that?  They are south of DC right?

3. What was the deal with Judith?  That was an odd sequence.

4. The frozen zombies and the zombies coming out of the snow?  I mean come on.

5.  The frozen rivers?  No way a river is frozen solid in that area

6.  What did Alpha do that she said was a mistake and where was the snow?

7. Why was hilltop deserted?

8.  Where in the world were the guns?  This is the biggest mystery since the gas.

So so terrible and the show and AMC have to know this.

They took the heads off but left the pikes. 😭

Probably one of the worst finales in the history of the show, but, hey, at least DirecTV and AMC managed not to screw up the airing!

I don't normally pick too much at shows and if I do, I'm usually doing it just to get a laugh.  But one thing that bothers me to no end is how stupid Hollywood is when it comes to weather.  I mean, they are so far off and just make up ridiculous things that it makes me wonder how not one person on a set could do 10 minutes of research on Wikipedia to verify what is written.  In fact, the only show/movie I've ever seen that did weather right was The Haunting of Hill House.  

But let's talk about the absurdity in this episode.  First, I'm pretty sure the last time it snowed for 4 days straight like that on the East Coast was during the last Ice Age.  During a nor'easter, it might snow for 12 to 18 hours.  The only time I've ever heard of blinding snow like that with zero visibility for longer than an hour would be on Antarctica.  And that's usually blowing snow, not falling snow.  

Then, it was cold enough to freeze walkers in their tracks.  Yet the walkers covered by ice and snow were free to move around the cabin?  

And after 4 days of blinding, heavy snow, it looked like the total accumulation was about an inch of snow.  I'm no numbersmith, but that doesn't seem to add up.  

Other than the weather, this reminded me of the one season of Homeland where the second to last episode was so action packed.  Then the last episode was Carrie being crazy at home.  Like, what?  Honestly, this past episode could have been a pretty good season premiere.  But a finale?  Whoever did the story arc should be demoted.

After watching the finale, I feel like a moron again.
none of it made sense, not one bit.  I swear to God it feels like they left off an hour or so of the show because there are so many unanswered questions that it makes it just ridiculous.

I will let all of them go but the premise of them not bringing out the guns the second the whisperers arrived and even more so after the killings is unforgivable.  To my knowlege (to be fair I was high and skipped a ton in the episodes) they didnt even acknowledge the gun situation.  This is nuts because as we know all of the communities were armed to the teeth. 

Darryl knocked that big dude down a elevator shaft and then when caught they simply let him go with his weapons.  None of this stuff made any sense at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
none of it made sense, not one bit.  I swear to God it feels like they left off an hour or so of the show because there are so many unanswered questions that it makes it just ridiculous.

I will let all of them go but the premise of them not bringing out the guns the second the whisperers arrived and even more so after the killings is unforgivable.  To my knowlege (to be fair I was high and skipped a ton in the episodes) they didnt even acknowledge the gun situation.  This is nuts because as we know all of the communities were armed to the teeth. 

Darryl knocked that big dude down a elevator shaft and then when caught they simply let him go with his weapons.  None of this stuff made any sense at all.
 I Stopped reading the comics around the time of the gov.. This past week  I skipped a bunch of them and jumped back in at comic 145 or so, which is right after the heads on the spikes.. And I can say.. I should have skipped to 150.. :yawn:

I bring it up here as the last part I read was Rick talking to Eugene about a stock pile of weapons that they need to get as a war is coming...

Maybe someone that read more of the comics can pipe in on why they stockpiled them and if any were used during the lead up to head spikes.

I don't normally pick too much at shows and if I do, I'm usually doing it just to get a laugh.  But one thing that bothers me to no end is how stupid Hollywood is when it comes to weather.  I mean, they are so far off and just make up ridiculous things that it makes me wonder how not one person on a set could do 10 minutes of research on Wikipedia to verify what is written.  In fact, the only show/movie I've ever seen that did weather right was The Haunting of Hill House.  

But let's talk about the absurdity in this episode.  First, I'm pretty sure the last time it snowed for 4 days straight like that on the East Coast was during the last Ice Age.  During a nor'easter, it might snow for 12 to 18 hours.  The only time I've ever heard of blinding snow like that with zero visibility for longer than an hour would be on Antarctica.  And that's usually blowing snow, not falling snow.  

Then, it was cold enough to freeze walkers in their tracks.  Yet the walkers covered by ice and snow were free to move around the cabin?  

And after 4 days of blinding, heavy snow, it looked like the total accumulation was about an inch of snow.  I'm no numbersmith, but that doesn't seem to add up.  

Other than the weather, this reminded me of the one season of Homeland where the second to last episode was so action packed.  Then the last episode was Carrie being crazy at home.  Like, what?  Honestly, this past episode could have been a pretty good season premiere.  But a finale?  Whoever did the story arc should be demoted.
Snow can actually be an insulator.  Being covered in snow could actually prevented them from freezing.  The coldest temps would be out in the open and that's why the zombies were frozen while standing up.  The river being frozen solid was ridiculous though.  It would take temps well below zero for a few days in order for a river to freeze all the way over unless there is very little water flow.  Moving water does not freeze easily.  As for blizzard conditions, all it takes is snow on the ground and very strong winds.

The second to last episode was pretty good and I think it was the best one in years, the bar was not set very high.  This season finale was absolutely terrible.  It would have been crappy for a mid-season show but for a season finale it was pure trash.

Snow can actually be an insulator.  Being covered in snow could actually prevented them from freezing.  The coldest temps would be out in the open and that's why the zombies were frozen while standing up.  The river being frozen solid was ridiculous though.  It would take temps well below zero for a few days in order for a river to freeze all the way over unless there is very little water flow.  Moving water does not freeze easily.  As for blizzard conditions, all it takes is snow on the ground and very strong winds.

The second to last episode was pretty good and I think it was the best one in years, the bar was not set very high.  This season finale was absolutely terrible.  It would have been crappy for a mid-season show but for a season finale it was pure trash.
Yes, but even blizzard conditions only last a couple of hours.  And it's much more common in the middle of the country than on the east coast.  As I said, the last time there was a blizzard like the one they showed out this way, was most likely the Ice Age.

The term blizzard gets thrown around a lot here on the east coast.  We call every big storm "The Blizzard of ______", but truthfully, only a small area sees blizzard conditions and it's usually only for a small time frame.  The conditions they showed looked like a scene from The Thing.  Virginia does not get snow like that.

Yes, but even blizzard conditions only last a couple of hours.  And it's much more common in the middle of the country than on the east coast.  As I said, the last time there was a blizzard like the one they showed out this way, was most likely the Ice Age.

The term blizzard gets thrown around a lot here on the east coast.  We call every big storm "The Blizzard of ______", but truthfully, only a small area sees blizzard conditions and it's usually only for a small time frame.  The conditions they showed looked like a scene from The Thing.  Virginia does not get snow like that.
I agree that the weather did not seem accurate for Virginia.  I'm not an expert on east coast weather but I know the Midwest weather.  A blizzard can last much longer than just a few hours here.

I live in northeast ohio and have never seen a blizzard to the point where we would need a rope to get us to the same place that is a couple hundred feet away.  

I agree that the weather did not seem accurate for Virginia.  I'm not an expert on east coast weather but I know the Midwest weather.  A blizzard can last much longer than just a few hours here.
I'm just guessing by your name and avatar, but the upper midwest and midwest get much stronger blizzards than the east coast.  That is correct.  That area is much flatter and the air rushes down the Rockies unobstructed in a lot of places.  On the east coast, our blizzard conditions come from the coastal lows and they move fairly quick.  Even the "slow" moving ones that drop feet of snow.

The ones off in the field when the one guy asked, "Is that them?" and then started badgering Lydia?  Those were walking.  They weren't stuck there. 

I see AMC is going to be releasing a third series in 2020.
==========================

AMC has announced it is green-lighting a third scripted series set in the world of The Walking Dead. According to the network, the series “will feature two young female protagonists and focus on the first generation to come-of-age in the apocalypse as we know it. Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. In the end, all of them will be changed forever. Grown-up and cemented in their identities, both good and bad.”

The series was created by chief content officer Scott M. Gimple and TWDwriter/producer Matt Negrete, who will act as showrunner and will start production on 10 episodes this summer in Virginia to premiere in 2020. Whether any characters will cross over from The Walking Dead or Fear — in the same way Lennie James’ Morgan and Austin Amelio’s Dwight have recently moved from the first show to the second — remains to be seen.

AMC has announced it is green-lighting a third scripted series set in the world of The Walking Dead. According to the network, the series “will feature two young female protagonists and focus on the first generation to come-of-age in the apocalypse as we know it. Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. In the end, all of them will be changed forever. Grown-up and cemented in their identities, both good and bad.”

The series was created by chief content officer Scott M. Gimple and TWDwriter/producer Matt Negrete, who will act as showrunner and will start production on 10 episodes this summer in Virginia to premiere in 2020. Whether any characters will cross over from The Walking Dead or Fear — in the same way Lennie James’ Morgan and Austin Amelio’s Dwight have recently moved from the first show to the second — remains to be seen.
Gonna pass. Two is all I can take. Don't need a third series of more of the same.

I saw enough of this back when it was called "iZombie" on the CW

Michonne is the next character to leave the series.  She will not die though and is intended to be a part of the tv movies with Rick and will be a part time character in the next season before being written off.

It does not sound like next season is the last though for the show.  Looks like they are just going to run until cancelled instead of having a real ending.

Michonne is the next character to leave the series.  She will not die though and is intended to be a part of the tv movies with Rick and will be a part time character in the next season before being written off.

It does not sound like next season is the last though for the show.  Looks like they are just going to run until cancelled instead of having a real ending.
I said from the beginning, this show would be a disappointment when it ends.  And I don't mean that in a way of criticism to the writers.  It's just there's no way to really make it end and be good.  Do they kill off the group?  That doesn't really seem a big deal anymore, especially with Rick gone now.  Do they do a time jump and show the world back to normal?  Dumb.  There's just no real good way to end this show.  Especially when you're basing it off of a comic that's still going.  

Whatever the ending ends up being, it will be perceived by most to be bad.  That's my take, at least.

I said from the beginning, this show would be a disappointment when it ends.  And I don't mean that in a way of criticism to the writers.  It's just there's no way to really make it end and be good.  Do they kill off the group?  That doesn't really seem a big deal anymore, especially with Rick gone now.  Do they do a time jump and show the world back to normal?  Dumb.  There's just no real good way to end this show.  Especially when you're basing it off of a comic that's still going.  

Whatever the ending ends up being, it will be perceived by most to be bad.  That's my take, at least.
At this point, they could end any season on a cliffhanger (like they usually have) of the group versus some new superenemy group. Maybe that has been the plan all along and why it has been rather repetitive in theme. Just in case they didn't get renewed. 

thats a bold strategy cotton

Users who are viewing this thread