What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (4 Viewers)

no mentions of the CGI deer-like creature? 
Out of curiousity- is this the one from that carnival a couple seasons ago, or did they just copy/clip it into this season? 

I'm still out. Still missing the good parts and the post apoc genre, but reading this thread reminds my why I'm not watching any more.

I watched the first few minutes of this season I think. There was a satellite on fire. Sooooo bad. I mean really bad, like they were trying to be bad. Darryl threw his axe at a tree to knock it over on a bunch of zombies, made the Fonz’s jump over the sharks look reasonable.

El Floppo said:
Out of curiousity- is this the one from that carnival a couple seasons ago, or did they just copy/clip it into this season? 

I'm still out. Still missing the good parts and the post apoc genre, but reading this thread reminds my why I'm not watching any more.
I think it may have been the same one. Except this time they threw him in the dryer for a few minutes and fluffed him up a bit. :lol:  

That was a complete waste of an hour..
Unless you have closed Captioning on you can't understand 90% of what was said as they really wanted to hammer you over the head that they are the "Whispers".. :wall:

Seriously.. If you DVR'd it erase now.. the only thing of slight substance was regarding the mask Betta wears.. Hint.. Same as season 1, season 2, season 3.....

can't leave my loved one behind, regardless of what they have become

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, I thought it was alright.  Did have to turn the volume extremely high but fast forwarded through commercials so no big deal.  So Alpha struggles with human emotion when it comes to her daughter.  Okay.  Got to know a little more about Beta.  Okay.  Let's move on now. 

Meh, I thought it was alright.  Did have to turn the volume extremely high but fast forwarded through commercials so no big deal.  So Alpha struggles with human emotion when it comes to her daughter.  Okay.  Got to know a little more about Beta.  Okay.  Let's move on now. 
:shrug:   not very revealing, imo.. 
That was shown during their "Reunion".. "I want my daughter,.. that is all" ... 
Daughter gets released to her, quick hug then smack across the face and basically dragged back to camp... 

That was dumb.  No reveal on Beta's face?  Woulda been dumb anyway.

How is Maggie coming back for next season?  How is there even going to be a next season?

:shrug:   not very revealing, imo.. 
That was shown during their "Reunion".. "I want my daughter,.. that is all" ... 
Daughter gets released to her, quick hug then smack across the face and basically dragged back to camp... 
No this was after that. Last time she left her daughter with Daryl to take care of.  She didn't think he could do it.  She told her group her daughter was killed, but lied.  When she's talking to beta this time about Lydia it is more recent time.  Beta found her back at their old camp (from before they left for winter) being emotional.  It's after the satellite falls and causes the fire.  She came back around to missing her daughter and it bothered Beta but she told him no one must know.  So alpha is still struggling with her emotion at present day but will not let anyone know it.  

Jayrok said:
No this was after that. Last time she left her daughter with Daryl to take care of.  She didn't think he could do it.  She told her group her daughter was killed, but lied.  When she's talking to beta this time about Lydia it is more recent time.  Beta found her back at their old camp (from before they left for winter) being emotional.  It's after the satellite falls and causes the fire.  She came back around to missing her daughter and it bothered Beta but she told him no one must know.  So alpha is still struggling with her emotion at present day but will not let anyone know it.  
No, I get that this was after the release.. I just meant there was nothing revealing about her internal battle.. She's always shown a love/hate relationship with her daughter.. She :loco: .. Could have been handled as a 15 minute flashback, rather then an entire hour.

No, I get that this was after the release.. I just meant there was nothing revealing about her internal battle.. She's always shown a love/hate relationship with her daughter.. She :loco: .. Could have been handled as a 15 minute flashback, rather then an entire hour.
Ah I see.  One thing they did was show, and I'm not sure if they did it on purpose or not, was how she helped beta get past his friend's death in the flash back parts.  At the asylum or wherever she found him he said he couldn't leave his friend.  She said you don't have to.  So he cut off his face and is wearing his friend (and his t-shirt) as his mask.  

They showed beta trashing his place in anger leading up to that.  Then in the present time alpha is back at her old camp trashing things in anger/frustration over Lydia, etc.  So she hasn't gotten over her feelings like beta did back when they met.  Seems like they paralleled that for a reason.  Maybe alpha wants to find Lydia so she can wear her face as a mask, thinking that way she can move past it and be fully engaged without emotion, like beta is now. 

She's got Lydia's bunny.  Maybe should should wear it as a mask. Problem solved!  

The Greg Nicotero-directed “We Are the End of the World” was also a new series low for TWD. Slipping 7% from the previous low of last week’s Season 10 opener to a 1.3 rating among adults 18-49, TWD was in a rare second place on cable with its viewership of 3.47 million. That total set of linear eyeballs was down 13% from the October 6 “Lines We Cross” episode.

Compared to the then series low of the second episode of Season 9, TWD viewership fell 30% and 35% in the key demo.

Nice bounce back episode from last week ( I know, not saying much).. Interesting how Alpha let them off the hook by only taking some land after 3 transgressions into their land..

Carol's hallucinations/not hallucinations were a bit confusing.. The whispers playing games with Carol was interesting twist... Makes you think there are more Whisper moles in camp and know some are questioning Carol's sanity and thus using that to their advantage. :oldunsure:

Thought it was a good episode other than the fact I have no idea when/how/why Carol became a druggie, and if it wasn't the Whisperers that sent the small hordes to Alexandria, who did?  The episode seemed to jump around too much.

I will say I do enjoy the Alpha character.  I think she's really good (the actress)

Thought the Aaron and Negan scenes were okay.  Little tension there for a moment and it seemed like Negan thought about whacking Aaron there.  He did leave Aaron with the walkers right at his back, though he did warn him.  Guess he had second thoughts and stuck around in the shack.  Maybe he figured he had no where else to go and no supplies.

Daryl's story about his dad was a dead giveaway that she was hallucinating.  Not that the story was hard to believe but (1) Daryl being able to diagnose someone and get them to believe it by telling them a story and (2) he spread out a blanket (or shirt or something) before he sat on the floor.  Daryl is known for not wanting to get dirty after all.  

It was a difficult episode to follow with the hallucinations. Seemed odd that the final scene seemed to prove Carol's fight scene was not hallucination, but somehow no one else noticed the dead zombie's and killed whisperer? Strange. 

Copeman said:
Thought it was a good episode other than the fact I have no idea when/how/why Carol became a druggie, and if it wasn't the Whisperers that sent the small hordes to Alexandria, who did?  The episode seemed to jump around too much.

I will say I do enjoy the Alpha character.  I think she's really good (the actress)
Complete guess here but....
I don't think it is a "who" but a what.. As Eugene kept trying to say, but everyone is tired of his technical babble so told him to ST*U, it possibly has to do with the satellite..

Either it riled them up after the crash and they started to wander around.... or...
since they took parts of it back with them, there is an "undetected to the living" signal being sent out.. :oldunsure:  

BigJim® said:
It was a difficult episode to follow with the hallucinations. Seemed odd that the final scene seemed to prove Carol's fight scene was not hallucination, but somehow no one else noticed the dead zombie's and killed whisperer? Strange. 
They saw all the dead Zombies, and as been the nature of all, since none were moving they just grabbed Carol and left..
Since no one believed her previous "I Saw Whispers!!" talk, they didn't bother to check if any were Whispers.. 
Gamma didn't open her eyes until they all had left. 🚶‍♀️

So the whispers still have guns but our heroes are down to only 4 shots in a snub nose revolver?  You really really really have to try and screw up a dumb show about zombies.  When the horde was coming did they not stop and think that maybe that could lead them away if they went outside and made some noise?

They saw all the dead Zombies, and as been the nature of all, since none were moving they just grabbed Carol and left..
Since no one believed her previous "I Saw Whispers!!" talk, they didn't bother to check if any were Whispers.. 
Well, I just suspend logic normally. That said, with a backdrop of disbelief that Carol saw whisperers and finding/clearing a building for safe cover, and a significant fight with zombies who mysteriously got in and set a hanging foot trap, making sure none were whisperers seems like an obvious thing.  

Well, I just suspend logic normally. That said, with a backdrop of disbelief that Carol saw whisperers and finding/clearing a building for safe cover, and a significant fight with zombies who mysteriously got in and set a hanging foot trap, making sure none were whisperers seems like an obvious thing.  
I thought the walker had a gunshot wound and the "wake up" was her turning

I don't think that was Gamma at the end.  It was a whisperer to show viewers that Carol wasn't just seeing things (at least not about seeing whisperers).  It opened its eyes when it turned into a real walker.  I think she shot him in the chest or stomach and turned well after they all left.   When it/they don't report back to alpha (or one of them may see it walking around and realize it has one of their masks on) she'll start attacks like next episode at Hilltop.  My guess. 

I thought the walker had a gunshot wound and the "wake up" was her turning
Correct. Unless I'm mistaken, Carol shot the gun while hanging upside down in the trap that had been set. So the whisperer was laying there with a skin face while they rescued Carol, and remained there until she turned in the last scene.

I'm just tired of them being total wusses. You would think at some point, after 7 or so years in the apocalypse, they'd have at least grown a tiny pair. But each week, it's just cower and take it, cower and take it.

Jayrok said:
I don't think that was Gamma at the end.  It was a whisperer to show viewers that Carol wasn't just seeing things (at least not about seeing whisperers).  It opened its eyes when it turned into a real walker.  I think she shot him in the chest or stomach and turned well after they all left.   When it/they don't report back to alpha (or one of them may see it walking around and realize it has one of their masks on) she'll start attacks like next episode at Hilltop.  My guess. 
What would be somewhat awesome is if Gamma stumbles back to the camp randomly and, since she is wearing her mask, no one realizes she has turned. Then she puts the smack down on Beta or Alpha.

Complete guess here but....
I don't think it is a "who" but a what.. As Eugene kept trying to say, but everyone is tired of his technical babble so told him to ST*U, it possibly has to do with the satellite..

Either it riled them up after the crash and they started to wander around.... or...
since they took parts of it back with them, there is an "undetected to the living" signal being sent out.. :oldunsure:  
That's what I figured too. 

And I'm sure they were being intentionally ambiguous in the closing scene about whether that was a new walker or a person still alive. I'm going with still alive. 

That's what I figured too. 

And I'm sure they were being intentionally ambiguous in the closing scene about whether that was a new walker or a person still alive. I'm going with still alive. 
I am near certain on the after show, Talking Dead, they indicated that the open eyes at the end was the Whisperer that was in the gym area that Carol shot at. 

Apparently Carol hit her....

? The eyes were definitely walker eyes. I thought they made that fairly obvious.
Guess I wasn't paying close enough attention as I didn't see it as "walker eyes"...Just took it that it was a belly shot, not a kill shot and she waited for them to leave before opening her eyes.. :shrug:  

Here's another pic of the walker in the final scene.  Scroll down the the middle of the page and the paragraph just above the pic explains what happened.  

Just looking at the pic it is obvious that the walker/whisperer is not in the gym where Carol shot.  I don't remember exactly but the article explains it that the Whisperer was shot in the gym but wandered outside in the school yard and died leaning against the (whatever it was it was against).  

Apparently the camera went through the gym and out the doors to that walker and then the eyes opened.

It would make sense, then, that Daryl and Michonne didn't see or notice the Whisperer in the gym when they pulled out Carol.  Seems they would have checked to see if any of the bodies where wearing masks.  

:thanks: for the pics.. Have to say.. With so many saying how crappy the show is, some are paying attention ;)
In my defense(?), I only caught it because I came in this thread and folks were talking about the scene. At that point, I realized I hadn't finished it the day before and had a few minutes to go. So, it only had like two minutes left when I watched and I was therefore still somewhat coherent for the end scene. Otherwise, I might well have overlooked it.

snogger said:
:thanks: for the pics.. Have to say.. With so many saying how crappy the show is, some are paying attention ;)
Oh it's pretty crappy.  Of that I have no doubt.  But we've been invested since day 1 and when SNF is on, we record and watch Mon or Tues when nothing else is on.

why can’t I tap out on this show?  Can’t believe I didn’t fall asleep during that one. 
hmmm.. I actually thought it was a good episode...
The scene of Lydia about to get killed had a few moments of..  :eek:
Negan being a protector and understanding immediately, after accidentally killing Margo, the meaning behind "No good deed goes unpunished". 
Lydia telling Daryl her mom was right in that the communities put on great masks to be polite and nice, but the minute they get scared they pick a target, point and shoot.

Judith being a Bad bleep Walker killer was fun to watch.. Michone gave her the "most impressive young one" look.

Thought this one was a little boring.  Did Daryl or Carol free Negan?  I guess Carol.  Or maybe it was Aaron, who sort of owes Negan for saving him.  

The lesbian couple story line is odd.  The one is jealous of the other because she is in a leadership role?  BTW, the one who is upset is such an over the top actor.  Can't stand her when she's on the tv.  She thinks she's some kind of shogun master.  You stick a sword through a slow-moving dead guy's head or hit him on the noggin with a bowl or something. Judith, smallest and youngest fighter out there, is tons more believable.  

So Negan is out in the woods.  To me, his scenes are the most compelling to watch. Other than Daryl/Carol, I honestly don't care much about anyone else... including Michonne.  They need Maggie back I guess.  Everyone at Hilltop sucks.  Yes that includes you, Zeke.  Trying to rebound from Carol with Michonne.  But she didn't fight it.  I'm not interested in any relationship with those two.  

They need Rick and the chopper to come back.  

Users who are viewing this thread