Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread***

1 hour ago, snogger said:

These writers have destroyed one of the better characters of the series.. Sure Carol in the past has been frustrating at times ( Leave me alone!!!).. But now she is just outright stupid.. Not sure how they redeem her character at this time as she is the one character I'd have no issue never seeing again.

Otherwise, I thought the episode was well done.. Although I could have done without the Negan/Alpha Dirty naked bodies pressed against each other in the woods :yucky: 

Thought they did a good job of placing Jerry in pearl.. There were a couple of times while watching I thought "They're not going to kill off Jerry, are they?"

Took me a minute to figure out what you were saying.  I thought, Jerry in pearl(s)?  :confused:   Oh, peril..  yes, I thought they were going to kill off the wrong character.  Not Jerry!!

Was hoping they'd kill the lez chick who thinks she's Beatrix Kiddo.  Never liked her.  

Not sure what they're doing with Carol but she's been really stupid lately.  How does she not know setting off dynamite would likely kill them all in those tunnels?  

• Like 1
  • Replies 32.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• packersfan

• snogger

• cstu

• El Floppo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, I've really enjoyed this thread. I don't want to have to leave it. Why oh why do people need to keep revealing what happened in the comics? Why do you feel compelled to mention it?  Sure, t

My Negan costume got a lot of love (and hate) at Halloween parties over the weekend. 

All the leaders standing out in the open.   I kept waiting for Carl and Rick to have a Dr. Evil and Scott exchange from Austin Powers.  "Dad, why not just pop him.. one shot, bam!  I'll do it myself..

Overall, I didn't like the episode.  Carol's an idiot.  If she has a death wish, fine, but why the constant need to put others in danger?  45 minutes of the show spent in caves.  No way Jerry wiggles through some of those openings they showed. This episode was not for the claustrophobic (my wife is and she left the room).  

Negan/Alpha scene was one I could have done without as well.  

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Jayrok said:
1 hour ago, snogger said:

These writers have destroyed one of the better characters of the series.. Sure Carol in the past has been frustrating at times ( Leave me alone!!!).. But now she is just outright stupid.. Not sure how they redeem her character at this time as she is the one character I'd have no issue never seeing again.

Otherwise, I thought the episode was well done.. Although I could have done without the Negan/Alpha Dirty naked bodies pressed against each other in the woods :yucky: 

Thought they did a good job of placing Jerry in pearl.. There were a couple of times while watching I thought "They're not going to kill off Jerry, are they?"

Took me a minute to figure out what you were saying.  I thought, Jerry in pearl(s)?  :confused:   Oh, peril..  yes, I thought they were going to kill off the wrong character.  Not Jerry!!

Was hoping they'd kill the lez chick who thinks she's Beatrix Kiddo.  Never liked her.  

Not sure what they're doing with Carol but she's been really stupid lately.  How does she not know setting off dynamite would likely kill them all in those tunnels?  

Was he not wearing pearls?? .........  ;) 
Sometimes you post and if you don't see the red squiggly line for misspelling you just move on.. 

Edited by snogger
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

I haven't watched any of season 10 yet, but still read the recaps, etc., so this is strictly my opinion:

I think they are setting her up for her comic book death. Maybe not in the same way (by walker) but I think she will end up committing suicide before the season finale. I can't see her being part of the Commonwealth storyline, or how she redeems herself.

• Like 1

Nothing I hate more than the "have characters make inexplicably stupid decisions to drive the plot" device.

And that's pretty much all this show does now.

And alpha is just unwatchable. Just brutal all the way around

3 minutes ago, mozzy84 said:

Damn yea carol is unwatchable at this point.   Between the scream at the beginning and the whining at the end, so bad.   

I like Neagans style, he basically said eh it’s been awhile so yea let’s do it lol 

Negan banging Alpha is going to fast track his conflict with Beta. I imagine he defeats Beta in a 1:1 knife fight or what not, and ultimately is the one who then takes down Alpha to become the new Whisperers leader at the end of the season or beginning of next.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Overall, I didn't like the episode.  Carol's an idiot.  If she has a death wish, fine, but why the constant need to put others in danger?  45 minutes of the show spent in caves.  No way Jerry wiggles through some of those openings they showed. This episode was not for the claustrophobic (my wife is and she left the room).  

Not just doing it over and over.  Crying about it, promising not to do it again, then doing to all over again.  Pathetic.

They must have spent hours building all those styrofoam crawl spaces.

Will keep watching for the Negan one-liners, it's all the shows got, but they are great.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Not just doing it over and over.  Crying about it, promising not to do it again, then doing to all over again.  Pathetic.

Will keep watching for the Negan one-liners, it's all the shows got, but they are great.

Yeah they need to get to the showdown of Negan and Beta (alpha too for that matter).  They need an epic knife vs Lucille fight to the death.  

2 hours ago, Redwes25 said:

This show is still on?  

I never would have know if not for this thread. I fast forwarded through most of it while eating lunch (work from home) so I could finish it in 20-25 minutes. I don’t think I missed anything. Got out of cave, but left two behind due to #######. Negan bumped uglies (literally) with Alpha and Tri-Lambda went over to the dark side. So we know three story lines that will likely annoy us more. Cave in rescue, love triangle and Beta going crazy on Alexandria (likely killing dozens of people single-handedly).

None of those story lines interest me at all. FF it is. I just feel like I can’t stop watching after so many years but I can at least take less time.

2 hours ago, tonydead said:

I think Jerry topped him yesterday.. You alright back there Jerry?

Answer.. Something along the lines of .....

for a 6'2" guy who has problems fitting in a Airplane Bathroom..sure..  :lol: 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Jayrok said:

You ain't kidding.  That was the hardest thing for me to watch in this show since the kid came out of the barn.  And I don't think I'm that bad (if my wife watched this show in the first place, she'd be out just like yours) but if I were Jerry, I would have taken my chances with the horde over those tunnels.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Please kill Carol. Like... now. She is killing the show.

totally agree here. She was a fan favorite years ago, and somehow the writers took over her character and have made it absolutely atrocious. her scream at Alpha at the start of the episode was just dumb.

15 hours ago, jhib said:

You ain't kidding.  That was the hardest thing for me to watch in this show since the kid came out of the barn.  And I don't think I'm that bad (if my wife watched this show in the first place, she'd be out just like yours) but if I were Jerry, I would have taken my chances with the horde over those tunnels.

writers did some fun gymnastics with that. I see Jerry at one point saying he is stuck and can't move, and next time i look up at the screen i see him on the other side of the tunnel, with no problems.

Judith.. Did your dad not teach you.. Head shots are the only sure thing.. Of course taking out Beta at this point would have been the shocker of the show.. 

Alpha and Daryl had one hell of a battle... Lydia to the rescue but let's Alpha survive for another day.. Writers sure teased a lot of deaths (alpha, beta, gamma, Daryl) at the end of day just a bunch of red shirts.. :kicksrock: 

up/down episode for me.  Wanted more havoc in Alexandria from Beta.  Wanted less dramatic monologue from Alpha.  She seemed to get more air time whining about feeling joy in death or whatever she was babbling on about.  Disappointing.  

Daryl pulls the huge knife from his leg and now he's bleeding out... spurting.  But nothing a few hours of sleep can't fix I guess.  Are there even any doctors left now that Saddik and Donte are dead?  Appears that Lydia is now.  Alright then. 

The whole exchange with Mary and Gabriel/Rosita was frustrating.  "We don't trust you, you're holding something back.  I can tell because I'm a priest."  "Well, I killed my sister... believe me now?"  "Yes.  Now draw us a map to the cave... no tricks now.. and don't lead us into an ambush!"  "I won't, I promise!"

Figured Mary was going to say the reason she defected was she realized that Alpha was a liar and a fraud.  "She told us she killed her daughter, Lydia.  I saw first hand that it was a lie and I started seeing things differently.  And my talks with Aaron made more sense so I decided to try and help you all defeat her." "You're all in danger... my nephew is in danger. What do I have to do to make you believe me?"  Or something. 

She needs more Negan.  Hope he kills Alpha in a cool way.  

• Like 1
9 hours ago, snogger said:

Judith.. Did your dad not teach you.. Head shots are the only sure thing.. Of course taking out Beta at this point would have been the shocker of the show.. 

Alpha and Daryl had one hell of a battle... Lydia to the rescue but let's Alpha survive for another day.. Writers sure teased a lot of deaths (alpha, beta, gamma, Daryl) at the end of day just a bunch of red shirts.. :kicksrock: 

Too right.  How does anyone in this show not just put a second bullet in his head while walking past him.  Or, better yet, Judith's mini-sword through his face?  

I mean, with all the other walkers stumbling around town, do they really want that big guy as a walker to also deal with?  Come on people.  That's a season 1 mistake.  

• Like 5
52 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

up/down episode for me.  Wanted more havoc in Alexandria from Beta.  Wanted less dramatic monologue from Alpha.  She seemed to get more air time whining about feeling joy in death or whatever she was babbling on about.  Disappointing.  

Daryl pulls the huge knife from his leg and now he's bleeding out... spurting.  But nothing a few hours of sleep can't fix I guess.  Are there even any doctors left now that Saddik and Donte are dead?  Appears that Lydia is now.  Alright then. 

The whole exchange with Mary and Gabriel/Rosita was frustrating.  "We don't trust you, you're holding something back.  I can tell because I'm a priest."  "Well, I killed my sister... believe me now?"  "Yes.  Now draw us a map to the cave... no tricks now.. and don't lead us into an ambush!"  "I won't, I promise!"

Figured Mary was going to say the reason she defected was she realized that Alpha was a liar and a fraud.  "She told us she killed her daughter, Lydia.  I saw first hand that it was a lie and I started seeing things differently.  And my talks with Aaron made more sense so I decided to try and help you all defeat her." "You're all in danger... my nephew is in danger. What do I have to do to make you believe me?"  Or something. 

She needs more Negan.  Hope he kills Alpha in a cool way.  

True.. But it did provide the best chuckle of the Night..

Gamma - "Why don't you ask God what to do with me?"
Preacher: "I did, he said hang her"   :lol: 

• Like 1

Love how the extensive series of underground caves that apparently extend for miles under rural Virgina happen to pop up directly underneath the grave of the whisperer spy that they killed 2 days earlier. 

And yes, no kill shot on a downed Beta is just too stupid for words.

Nothing surprises me with this show anymore, but major eye rolls from me last night on those 2 gems.

Tunnel up out of the grave was the only cool scene. Yes I know how does the tunnel get there, etc. but worth it for the genre effect of the whisperers penetrating their defenses. 

Not only was Judith not killing Beta dumb, but also the lady that had a spear to his throat in the jail cell. Worst was Mary and Beta leaving, did they just walk out the front gate with no one stopping them?  They just cut scene to them being outside. :lmao:

Whole Darrell Alpha battle was dumb. Blood in his eyes, later they arent even bleeding. Both about to die, nights rest makes them all good. 

No Negan:thumbdown:

No Carol:thumbup:

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Tunnel up out of the grave was the only cool scene. Yes I know how does the tunnel get there, etc. but worth it for the genre effect of the whisperers penetrating their defenses. 

Not only was Judith not killing Beta dumb, but also the lady that had a spear to his throat in the jail cell. Worst was Mary and Beta leaving, did they just walk out the front gate with no one stopping them?  They just cut scene to them being outside. :lmao:

Whole Darrell Alpha battle was dumb. Blood in his eyes, later they arent even bleeding. Both about to die, nights rest makes them all good. 

No Negan:thumbdown:

No Carol:thumbup:

So the whisperers tunneled under the city and nobody knew?

So they only send in 1 freaking person as a result of the tunnel?

Judith and everyone else just shoots the dude and not stabbing him in the brain knowing he will be a zombie?

Daryl survives with a 4 inch bowie knife in his leg?  The 80's fall guy special effects where daryl cannot see because of blood was especially cringe worthy

The girl in the jail cell had her blade and the element of surprise next to beta and doesnt kill him?

What in the hell happened to all the guns?  Did they ever explain that?

This show is just so so bad and I am wondering why I waste my 30 minute lunch break fast forwarding through this?

Edited by pantherclub
2 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

So the whisperers tunneled under the city and nobody knew?

So they only send in 1 freaking person as a result of the tunnel?

Judith and everyone else just shoots the dude and not stabbing him in the brain knowing he will be a zombie?

Daryl survives with a 4 inch bowie knife in his leg?  The 80's fall guy special effects where daryl cannot see because of blood was especially cringe worthy

The girl in the jail cell had her blade and the element of surprise next to beta and doesnt kill him?

What in the hell happened to all the guns?  Did they ever explain that?

This show is just so so bad and I am wondering why I waste my 30 minute lunch break fast forwarding through this?

Why are you asking me?  The grave scene is the only one I said was cool from a zombie genre perspective.

99% of the show is dumb, yes. 

• Like 1

That one had a lot of roll eye moments but I actually kinda enjoyed a lot of it.   Beta just sitting and chilling waiting for his victims to wake back up was cool.  

Poor Daryl has gotten worse at fighting as the years go by.  Guy just doesn’t have it anymore.  

• Like 1
18 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Was hoping Daryl would parish. That would have made it so easy to delete from the DVR schedule. Effin' teases.

This.  I'm still hanging on, but at this point I just want the series to be over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, mozzy84 said:

That one had a lot of roll eye moments but I actually kinda enjoyed a lot of it.   Beta just sitting and chilling waiting for his victims to wake back up was cool.  

Poor Daryl has gotten worse at fighting as the years go by.  Guy just doesn’t have it anymore.  

I had no problem fast forwarding through it. The tunnel under the grave was just silly. He had no digging equipment or anything like that, did he just swim through the ground? LOL at the bullet proof vest he wore as well. How many times could he have been killed? Let's take another prisoner instead of stabbing him in the head since he just killed lots of people. Oh, I have a knife in my belt, let me just jump on him and see if I can get him down instead of stabbing him in the head or neck or back, whatever. No need to shoot him more than once and again let's invite him in to a room for a fight instead of just stabbing or smashing him in the head. Also, the is he or is she dead part with Alpha and Daryl was silly.

One other thing that's annoying the hell out of me is the stupid mask for the whisperers. A simple mask will make hungry animated walkers ignore you? Just ignore the fact that she had all kinds of fresh blood all over her under the mask. I can see the mask and moaning working a bit when you are herding slow moving non-aggressive walkers, but when they are rolling towards a sounds looking to attack they don't just ignore you as we saw whisperers getting attacked before.

Oh well, just half watching until, as posted above, the series is over. It's about time for it to be.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, mozzy84 said:

How do you mean? Oh, him getting absolutely dismantled by a portly, almost mortally wounded, middle-aged woman? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jobber said:

How do you mean? Oh, him getting absolutely dismantled by a portly, almost mortally wounded, middle-aged woman? 

How about just killing her when she’s on the ground and the walkers are 15-20 feet away? Or just wounding her a big more, keeping her on the ground and then letting the walkers eat her while skipping away? Nope, I’m going to go after the walkers and leave her safely behind me so I can get stabbed in the leg.

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

I had no problem fast forwarding through it. The tunnel under the grave was just silly. He had no digging equipment or anything like that, did he just swim through the ground? LOL at the bullet proof vest he wore as well. How many times could he have been killed? Let's take another prisoner instead of stabbing him in the head since he just killed lots of people. Oh, I have a knife in my belt, let me just jump on him and see if I can get him down instead of stabbing him in the head or neck or back, whatever. No need to shoot him more than once and again let's invite him in to a room for a fight instead of just stabbing or smashing him in the head. Also, the is he or is she dead part with Alpha and Daryl was silly.

One other thing that's annoying the hell out of me is the stupid mask for the whisperers. A simple mask will make hungry animated walkers ignore you? Just ignore the fact that she had all kinds of fresh blood all over her under the mask. I can see the mask and moaning working a bit when you are herding slow moving non-aggressive walkers, but when they are rolling towards a sounds looking to attack they don't just ignore you as we saw whisperers getting attacked before.

Oh well, just half watching until, as posted above, the series is over. It's about time for it to be.

I read some half ### article that said the one whisperer who insisted that he dig that grave earlier in the season (he dug it for someone he had killed and he was later killed) and he did it for the very purpose of being able to sneak in and out. it was like a trap door grave as they described it lol.   It then went on to say how the show runners really pay attention to detail and how the great the writing is and how it all comes together.    I kid you not, great writing hahahaha.  I wish I had a link but it was on Facebook and I don’t wanna go look for it.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mozzy84 said:

I read some half ### article that said the one whisperer who insisted that he dig that grave earlier in the season (he dug it for someone he had killed and he was later killed) and he did it for the very purpose of being able to sneak in and out. it was like a trap door grave as they described it lol.   It then went on to say how the show runners really pay attention to detail and how the great the writing is and how it all comes together.    I kid you not, great writing hahahaha.  I wish I had a link but it was on Facebook and I don’t wanna go look for it.  

Lol. Did he use the shovel to did through the concrete part of the tunnel? That’s the other thing I didn’t even think about. Those tunnels that Carl was so fond of aren’t just dirt tunnels, so unless they Andy Dufresne’d moving time ahead two years there’s no physical way they’d have made a new opening under the grave. SMH, this show is just ridiculous now. I think I could watch a Mexican soap opera if I wanted more realistic story lines. God I miss the farm and Shane. You know Shane wouldn’t put up with this ####. He would have pushed Alpha into the walkers just to prove a point and not thought twice to plink Beta in the head. Heck, even Andrea would have had the balls to do both too. Merle’s rolling over in his grave watching Daryl become such a #####. Too bad Lizzie didn’t kill Carol too.

I even miss the mom and dad from FTWD. She killed multiple people to help her kids and didn’t think twice and he went freaking nuts on the guy in the hotel and smashed his head in. What do we get? Big battle between Alpha and Daryl with no one dead. Beta gets shot but somehow he’s wearing a bullet proof vest. Ugh, if some producer is reading this, we don’t care about these people. Kill them off like early GOTs. GOTs even lost it’s when the books left and again they felt like everyone loved the characters so much that we wouldn’t want a good story over our beloved characters. Good story is usually made great by untimely deaths and real suspense.

• Like 1

This has to be the worst show on tv, entering into possibly worst of all time. This week’s episode I feel like we have seen at least one time the past 6 seasons. and all I want is for like 95% of the cast to die on the show 

• Like 1

The show is what it is and has been since Season 2..  enemy, fight enemy.. Lose some battles, but win the war.. Rinse repeat new enemy.. It isn't going to change.
Seems it is time for some of you to just forget this show is on, rather then torture yourselves thinking it is going to change.

I thought last night's episode was pretty good. I enjoyed the build up to the battle and some of the side stories.
The Eugene side story is for once interesting as he builds trust with the new community.

Still, as always, a few :wall: moments as always.
You get splashed by something that smells( BTW, SAP bombs..hmmm)  and you don't think to run back behind the wall? No, you wait until the flames start and only then realize what they are up to.. Only to be too late. 
Whisper's set up Roadblocks and don't leave any people behind to try and kill whoever shows up?

We all know most, if not all of the "Heroes" will survive.. But AMC needs to stop "spoiling" the Cliff Hangers by having the next week's preview show those people who look like they might die running around.

Edited by snogger
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

Still trying to figure out where all the guns went

They gave up on building ammo for whatever reason, so guessing the guns are at Oceanside and that is the reason Michonne took the slow boat to China. :shrug: 

The way they showcased daryl this week I figured he'd die in this fight.  They show Ezekiel looking for Judith in next week's episode and the pact he made with Daryl was if/when either of them fall, the other would save the children.  So does that mean Daryl is dead?  

Who knows with this show?!  

Negan in the mask just seems off.  Him walking up next to alpha with beta back with the rest of the peons seems odd.  They need to finish the beta/Daryl fight and get on to Negan/alpha showdown.  Course they may draw out this fight for the rest of the season.  

14 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

The way they showcased daryl this week I figured he'd die in this fight.  They show Ezekiel looking for Judith in next week's episode and the pact he made with Daryl was if/when either of them fall, the other would save the children.  So does that mean Daryl is dead?  

Who knows with this show?!  

Negan in the mask just seems off.  Him walking up next to alpha with beta back with the rest of the peons seems odd.  They need to finish the beta/Daryl fight and get on to Negan/alpha showdown.  Course they may draw out this fight for the rest of the season.  

Next weeks previews clearly show Daryl out and about, thus my mention above about AMC ruining Cliff hangers

• Thanks 1

Terrible show but yet here I am fast forwarding through it.

1.Who the hell taught these people defense?  Everyone is outside the gates lined up side by side.  And dont the whisperers have guns?  Godalmighty.

2. Why not simply rig up a radio or something loud to guide the horde away from the fort?

3. Daryl is walking after getting 4 inches of a bowie knife in his leg?

4. So I guess negan isnt a plant after all and has really joined.

5. Where are the guns?  During the showdown with Negan they had tons of automatics and ammo.  Then by proxy they would get Negans weapons as well.  By not explaining a HUGE plothole like this is just weak.

6. Is eugene gay?  Dude you absolutely smash that when she gives you a chance

7. Is pine syrup really that flammable?

15 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

The way they showcased daryl this week I figured he'd die in this fight. 

Everything about Daryl was meant as a way for him to rid himself of the Demons of the first meeting with Negan (He still blames himself for Glenn's death) and I enjoyed the "Flash backs" to the Negan encounter.
He sees the roadblocks and the hanging man and knows right away it is Negan and that any attempt of escaping by the roads is doomed.
He then returns back to Hilltop, and during one conversation, we see the portraits on the wall, Glenn being in the middle.
Later, Daryl is found sitting outside the graveyard, Presumably rethinking his actions that he thinks caused Glenn's death, and vows to not make those mistakes again, let's Carol know he could never hate her and joins the battle. :boxing:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, snogger said:

Everything about Daryl was meant as a way for him to rid himself of the Demons of the first meeting with Negan (He still blames himself for Glenn's death) and I enjoyed the "Flash backs" to the Negan encounter.
He sees the roadblocks and the hanging man and knows right away it is Negan and that any attempt of escaping by the roads is doomed.
He then returns back to Hilltop, and during one conversation, we see the portraits on the wall, Glenn being in the middle.
Later, Daryl is found sitting outside the graveyard, Presumably rethinking his actions that he thinks caused Glenn's death, and vows to not make those mistakes again, let's Carol know he could never hate her and joins the battle. :boxing:

Wait how does he know that negan has joined?

Just now, pantherclub said:

Terrible show but yet here I am fast forwarding through it.

1.Who the hell taught these people defense?  Everyone is outside the gates lined up side by side.  And dont the whisperers have guns?  Godalmighty.

2. Why not simply rig up a radio or something loud to guide the horde away from the fort?

3. Daryl is walking after getting 4 inches of a bowie knife in his leg?

4. So I guess negan isnt a plant after all and has really joined.

5. Where are the guns?  During the showdown with Negan they had tons of automatics and ammo.  Then by proxy they would get Negans weapons as well.  By not explaining a HUGE plothole like this is just weak.

6. Is eugene gay?  Dude you absolutely smash that when she gives you a chance

7. Is pine syrup really that flammable?

1 & 5... I do agree they never closed the "where are the guns" hole.. It is 5+ years after the Negan battle so we are left to guess that maybe they detroatied, or have no more ammo, or?? 
2. What fun would that be.. No war, just a bunch of walkers walking. ;) 
3. Well, he was at least limping.. Unlike Alpha who seemed to be back to 100%
4. :oldunsure: at this point.. he might still be playing the game and looking for his opportunity.. or just decided the heck with it and became a follower.. I doubt the latter though..
7. Wondering the same thing.. Maybe they mixed it with something else??

1 minute ago, pantherclub said:
4 minutes ago, snogger said:

Wait how does he know that negan has joined?

2+2.... :shrug:

Negan escaped to unknown regions.. Daryl comes to a Roadblock with a hanging walker over it, ala the first meetup with Negan.. That is why Daryl said there was no reason to try other roads, he knows what happened the last time they ran into roadblocks.