What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (4 Viewers)

I guess pretty much everyone has given up on this show.  I mean this thread was on page 4

I thought last night was ok. Obviously some intense moments at the end, but no real story movement. I just dont find Aaron or Gabriel all that interesting (as individuals or in tandem) so an entire episode of them wandering around just doesn't blow my socks off.

At this point, any sort of wandering around killing zombie time is basically just filler. And there's only a handful of characters anyone REALLY cares about, so an episode like this just seems like they're dragging things out.

I think all pretty much anyone wants to see is the "bigger world" stuff. Its now been 3 episodes since they showed that decked out group taking Ezekial, Eugene and the others captive.  Get to it already.

I thought last night was ok. Obviously some intense moments at the end, but no real story movement. I just dont find Aaron or Gabriel all that interesting (as individuals or in tandem) so an entire episode of them wandering around just doesn't blow my socks off.

At this point, any sort of wandering around killing zombie time is basically just filler. And there's only a handful of characters anyone REALLY cares about, so an episode like this just seems like they're dragging things out.

I think all pretty much anyone wants to see is the "bigger world" stuff. Its now been 3 episodes since they showed that decked out group taking Ezekial, Eugene and the others captive.  Get to it already.
Last night was a Snooze fest until the last 15 minutes.. Wander, kill zombie( did like the kitchen Timer trick though), get drunk, and yap... Gabriel has gone WAY over to the dark side.. At this point sees only evil, with no chance of change. Liked Aaron's comment after Gabriel's "Only evil left in the world"...  ...  "well, I'm sober now, going to go up on the roof and throw myself off".. 

I agree with the bold part.. That is the most interesting part right now and they wasted the last two episodes giving us back story and story we don't care about.. 

:popcorn:  for next week as previews show us returning to what happened with that group. 

I am not being silly when I say this.  I honestly believe myself and about 5 other posters on this thread could sit in a room over a weekend and create better storylines and writing than the garbage they are showing us.  They have so many damn balls in the air its hard from me to keep up.  So I mean what happened to Darryls girl, is she still out there?  It was all so vague and stupid and now the preacher (who after a decade?) is still wearing his collar?   I mean come on. 

Lynn Collins  :wub:

A bright spot in an otherwise fading show.
Not going to help. Not with writing like she's getting here. 

The kid was my son. Except he wasn't my "son", I just called him that. He was actually my Sister's kid so he was technically my nephew. Except she wasn't really my "sister", I just called her that so he wasn't really my nephew either. But he wasn't neither for very long 'cause he got bit. Any way, let's go catch fish and have sex. Then I can call you "husband", except you won't really be my husband because....  :shrug:

What's worse than a Carrol and Daryl side episode?  How about Aaron and Gabriel?  Cheap screwing these last few episodes with using as few actors as they can.

Do you think its loaded?  Well there isn't that much ammo anymore.
Where the hell did they come up with this?  Remember when Eugene was in charge of trying to make bullets?  Where did all the gun shops go?!?!??!   We sell between 8 and 15 billion rounds of ammo ever single year in the US and somehow these people used it all up in the war with the Saviors.  There are dozens and dozens of military bases in Virginia!  Everyone has ammo except us!

I just realized that AMC isn’t even on Hulu Live, guess I’ll be waiting until the season’s on Netflix, heck may just wait till season 11 is in the books and maybe Fear? Anyway, have fun watching. 

There are few characters I care about. I find it hard to really root for the community anymore. Gabriel doing what he did was kind of my last straw. I'm outright rooting for the bad guys or zombies now.

There are few characters I care about. I find it hard to really root for the community anymore. Gabriel doing what he did was kind of my last straw. I'm outright rooting for the bad guys or zombies now.
There's like no real "community" anymore. Just a bunch of people flitting in and out of the storyline in any given week with the main characters disappearing for weeks or months at a time.

If this wasn't ending in a year I would be bailing. 

I get it... Covid made us do it but.... These Filler episodes are :yucky:   

Was looking forward to the continuation of the Troopers storyline and what we get is an hour long episode about princess being a nut case... Like we didn't know that already.. and next week back to Daryl and Carol hating each other now..  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they managed to make last night's reveal as boring and pointless as possible. 

And yes, next week looks mostly unwatchable as well.

An hour of watching princess in a box car was the worst episode of the entire series, to me. She's annoying.
I’m glad Hulu Live doesn’t have AMC. I’ll wait to the final episodes are on Netflix or somewhere free to me. So sad to see where this show has gone and it was so easy to keep it pretty solid. God, I miss Shane and I get why he was killed. We just never filled the void. Rick got close when Carl was getting manhandled and Rick bit out the guys throat but then Carl got upset and we got softer and softer and the villains got worse and worse and the writing got dumber and dumber. 

The issue as I see it is the show lost it's way, which tends to happen when a series runs this long, in this case 10 seasons. The biggest issue for any show that runs this long is keeping actors engaged for the entire run. 

This show was at the forefront a show about Rick, Laurie and Carl trying to survive.
First they killed off Laurie.. OK, gave us some great storylines and dialog.. Then Carl decided he had outgrown the show and they had to kill him off.. OK, well, we still have Rick trying to cope with losing his Wife & Son...
Then along comes Rick taking a break.. 

Now the show is just about a bunch of people, that most of us don't care about, kind of trying to survive. :yawn:

At this point we have Daryl which has been the most interesting character for awhile, although the filler episode with him and Carol has turned me away a bit.
Maggie is basically a "well her hiatus to another show failed so we need to fit her back in".. 
Kind of interested in Judith  becoming the Grimes storyline.. and the teasers of Negan fighting his inner Negan have looked promising..

I fear that Season 11, Part 1 is going to be a lot of "Filler" episodes.
Guessing they will drag out the reveal of Rick still being alive until the Finale of part 1 at the earliest.. Then again, they might hold off on that until late into Part 2 to try and make us interested in seeing the long awaited Rick Grimes movies that will be used to fill in the missing 5+ years. 

The only storyline I'm remotely interested in anymore is what happens with Negan.  I'm mostly just disappointed in myself that I'm still even watching LOL.

I'm tired of each and every episode leaving me with that "60 minutes I'll never get back" feeling. I know I have posted that about several episodes but, seriously, it's getting old..

The only storyline I'm remotely interested in anymore is what happens with Negan.  I'm mostly just disappointed in myself that I'm still even watching LOL.
:goodposting:   A filler episode of Negan and Negan one-liners would put this series back on the map.  Even if he's just talking to himself.

Or like me with Hulu Live, have my destiny controlled for me. One day it’ll be free on Netflix or IMDB and I’ll finish it likely fast forwarding like I did in that awful couple cave episodes with Alpha.
You can do that now, you're not going to pay for it anyway.

Skipdog77 said:
You control your own destiny here. 
Yep. Thought I'd stick it out, but thought this was the last season. If I am reading correctly here, there's another season after this? If so, then yep, I'll call it a day.

Yep. Thought I'd stick it out, but thought this was the last season. If I am reading correctly here, there's another season after this? If so, then yep, I'll call it a day.
Fwiw, I pulled the plug a season or three ago. 

I miss the show from when it was still good and still find myself wanting to watch based on the memory, especialky when I see the thread bumped. But based on the ongoing discussion in here (and you guys are doing the lord's work- continued thanks!), sounds like the old days are done and buried and I jumped ship at the right time.

Just saw an article that the "Rick movies" are a work in progress, are different then the TV show.... 

And I'm very excited for people to finally see it when it's released in 2032."
. 2032!?!? Really???

Do they really think anyone will care about Rick Grimes 11 years from now?  :lol:

Yeah, Season 11 is going to be 24 episodes long.  So its still going to be on a while.  I personally have no desire to invest anything more in it.  YMMV.  

Just saw an article that the "Rick movies" are a work in progress, are different then the TV show.... 

. 2032!?!? Really???

Do they really think anyone will care about Rick Grimes 11 years from now?  :lol:
Gotta be a typo. 
Read a few other articles and they all have the same quote.. But some have added a "Joked the creator" at the end.. so it could be he is tired of people asking When, so threw out the 2032 to get them off his back :shrug:  

Read a few other articles and they all have the same quote.. But some have added a "Joked the creator" at the end.. so it could be he is tired of people asking When, so threw out the 2032 to get them off his back :shrug:  
I’m sure all the articles show that. I’d assume it has to be a joke or a slip up. There’s no way they’d be in process on movies set to release in 10 years. It only took 14 months to film the LOTR trilogy. I thought I remember them mentioning that they would have the movies follow the last season. Either way, 2032 is either him misspeaking or a joke. 

I miss the show from when it was still good and still find myself wanting to watch based on the memory, especialky when I see the thread bumped. But based on the ongoing discussion in here (and you guys are doing the lord's work- continued thanks!), sounds like the old days are done and buried and I jumped ship at the right time.
I gave up in Season 7 but keep coming back to the thread to follow along. Sorry to say but I enjoy the thread when people are #####ing about how the show sucks and usually scroll past most actual show discussion.  :lmao:

Did I really just watch an entire episode that consisted of nothing more than making soup, fixing a motorcycle, and trying to catch a rat???  JFC.

At least we are finally getting a Negan-centric episode next week that looks to be good.

Did I really just watch an entire episode that consisted of nothing more than making soup, fixing a motorcycle, and trying to catch a rat???  JFC.

At least we are finally getting a Negan-centric episode next week that looks to be good.
Lol. Thank you Hulu for not carrying AMC. It’s nice to not even have the option to watch this. I mean the bolded part is just hilarious.

Yeah, I don't think I could write a more pointless hour (more like 36 minutes with all the commercials) of TV if I tried. 

Thought this episode was better then the other fillers.. but that's like saying I'd rather step in 🐦crap rather then 🐕 crap.

As mentioned above, next week the "Finale" is Negan.. And based on the previews looks to be Current day + Flashbacks to past days with the real "Lucille", 

An hour of watching princess in a box car was the worst episode of the entire series, to me. She's annoying.
I stand corrected.  Princess in a box wasn't the worst episode of the series.  Watching Carol flounder around for one hour like she's in a drunken stuper is officially the worst episode of the series (so far), for me.  

I now officially do not care what happens with/to Carol and Daryl.  I now have no desire or expectation to watch a Carol/Daryl spinoff.  :X

Thought this episode was better then the other fillers.. but that's like saying I'd rather step in 🐦crap rather then 🐕 crap.

As mentioned above, next week the "Finale" is Negan.. And based on the previews looks to be Current day + Flashbacks to past days with the real "Lucille", 
If they do a show from the perspective of Lucille like Supernatural did from the car, it might be entertaining but it’ll probably be way more lame. 

It's almost like they're trying to piss off viewers so they'll stop watching.  That way they don't have to finish episode production for an entire season 11.  

The episodes are all over the place and the way they jump from subplot to sub-story every week is annoying.  Not only do you tend to forget what's going on with a group, you find yourself no longer caring about them.  We paused for a moment last night early on and had to ask is this a flashback and what ever happened to Daryl and the woman in the cabin.  Couldn't recall and decided we didn't care.  

Wish they'd kill off 80% of the cast and bring back Rick Grimes and put a bow on this thing.  Lots of moving parts this season and most of them are just not interesting.  Maybe it's just me.  

If they do a show from the perspective of Lucille like Supernatural did from the car, it might be entertaining but it’ll probably be way more lame. 
when I said the Real "Lucille", I was talking about his late wife.... but maybe you are onto something, or on something :oldunsure:  

It's almost like they're trying to piss off viewers so they'll stop watching.  That way they don't have to finish episode production for an entire season 11.  
This says it perfectly.  :thumbup:

And putting in a couple fake near misses was even more insulting.

There's nothing like having pretty low expectations and still being rudely disappointed.  :angry:

I mean....they only had 3 actual actors in last night's episode. Talk about cutting costs.....

The idea of Daryl sliding down a muddy ditch and nearly dying as a result is so silly it isn't worth analyzing. The guy has been roughing it in the apocalypse wilderness for a decade and he's going to die like that? Come on. What's next?  Is he gonna slip on a banana peel?

I'm pretty convinced this entire show is a social experiment at this point. They just want to know just how much they can half-### it before people stop watching.  Honestly, if they gave me a 1 paragraph summary of the series finale and a list of who died/survived, I'd probably stop tuning in.

At this rate, next year's season premiere will be 48 minutes of commercials and 12 of Judith perusing a "Where's Waldo?" book.

TLEF316 said:
I mean....they only had 3 actual actors in last night's episode. Talk about cutting costs.....

The idea of Daryl sliding down a muddy ditch and nearly dying as a result is so silly it isn't worth analyzing. The guy has been roughing it in the apocalypse wilderness for a decade and he's going to die like that? Come on. What's next?  Is he gonna slip on a banana peel?

I'm pretty convinced this entire show is a social experiment at this point. They just want to know just how much they can half-### it before people stop watching.  Honestly, if they gave me a 1 paragraph summary of the series finale and a list of who died/survived, I'd probably stop tuning in.

At this rate, next year's season premiere will be 48 minutes of commercials and 12 of Judith perusing a "Where's Waldo?" book.
 Funny thing is, reading some articles out there, and the fanboy reactions, you'd think we got some great story telling rather then just a bunch of filler episodes to grab some :moneybag: to make up for lost revenue during Covid. 

Guessing we will have to wait for P2 of Season 11 for the show to possibly pickup.. Then again, they might just use Season 11 as teasers to the drawn out timeline of the Movies.. 

I loved this show. Like really loved it for 6 solid seasons....then it simply went off the rails for me. I decided to start catching up on Netflix just to see if I was missing anything.

Nope. 

I gave Fear 3 seasons......jumped off that ship too. 

But for let’s call it the first 5 seasons.....this show was absolutely money. 

Been a long time since I've been able to say this... That is an episode I could see myself re-watching. Great telling of the back story for Negan and Lucille. Jumping all the way back to the beginning of the Infection and life as it was and his internal fight to redeem himself back then and now.

Really liked the end when he got back to Alexandria with his swagger back.. No cowering from Maggie's death stare.. just a look back and a final Negan creepy smile. 

Also liked Carol's statement to Negan's return.. " You know she will kill you if she can. But that isn't on my conscience any more so good luck!" :lol:  

Been a long time since I've been able to say this... That is an episode I could see myself re-watching. Great telling of the back story for Negan and Lucille. Jumping all the way back to the beginning of the Infection and life as it was and his internal fight to redeem himself back then and now.

Really liked the end when he got back to Alexandria with his swagger back.. No cowering from Maggie's death stare.. just a look back and a final Negan creepy smile. 

Also liked Carol's statement to Negan's return.. " You know she will kill you if she can. But that isn't on my conscience any more so good luck!" :lol:  
Uh, no.  That was pretty terrible as a finale.  The backstory of Negan episode should have been like 4 seasons ago.  And wtf has maggie done thats more important than Negan.  I mean negan took down the whisperers pretty much all by himself.  Maggie just jetted when things got rough.

Uh, no.  That was pretty terrible as a finale.  The backstory of Negan episode should have been like 4 seasons ago.  And wtf has maggie done thats more important than Negan.  I mean negan took down the whisperers pretty much all by himself.  Maggie just jetted when things got rough.
For a season finale, I can agree.  But with the crappiness of the last several episodes, this one was a nice turnaround and a bright spot in a season of crappiness.  I look forward to the last season. 

Users who are viewing this thread