What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

yeah, the time for a Negan origin story was YEARS ago.

Not saying the episode wasn't done well, but we're just so far past the point where anyone would care. And its not like it was SHOCKING. Yeah, the way his wife died was slightly surprising (and it makes sense that he reacted the way he did), but I think most people assumed that he was a MOSTLY normal guy and that losing his wife pushed him over the edge.

3 hours ago, snogger said:
Been a long time since I've been able to say this... That is an episode I could see myself re-watching. Great telling of the back story for Negan and Lucille. Jumping all the way back to the beginning of the Infection and life as it was and his internal fight to redeem himself back then and now.

Really liked the end when he got back to Alexandria with his swagger back.. No cowering from Maggie's death stare.. just a look back and a final Negan creepy smile. 

Also liked Carol's statement to Negan's return.. " You know she will kill you if she can. But that isn't on my conscience any more so good luck!" :lol:  
Expand  
Uh, no.  That was pretty terrible as a finale.  The backstory of Negan episode should have been like 4 seasons ago.  And wtf has maggie done thats more important than Negan.  I mean negan took down the whisperers pretty much all by himself.  Maggie just jetted when things got rough.
As a Season finale yes.. But, IMO, the real season Finale was the ending of the Whisper's..

These episode's they showed were fillers, aka money grabs, until Season 11 P1 kicks in in August.

I believe if you ignore it as a "Season finale" and just watch this one as a episode you would have seen mid-season you'd enjoy it a lot more. I felt it filled in the Backstory of Negan that has been missing since his character was introduced.
And in that regard I thought it did a great job. :thumbup:  

As for Maggie storyline.. "Ousting Negan" wasn't made by anyone other then Carol.
She believes Maggie will kill him if given the chance and since Carol released him from prison she felt some responsibility if he died. Now that he had his chance to disappear, and decided to come back, her conscience is clear. 

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, the time for a Negan origin story was YEARS ago.

Not saying the episode wasn't done well, but we're just so far past the point where anyone would care. And its not like it was SHOCKING. Yeah, the way his wife died was slightly surprising (and it makes sense that he reacted the way he did), but I think most people assumed that he was a MOSTLY normal guy and that losing his wife pushed him over the edge.
This is completely correct. They even eluded to it seasons ago when he talked about his wife. Same with the Governor and his daughter. I didn’t watch it but I can understand it being a good episode and also not fitting in almost like they kept it in their back pocket until they needed it. Probably would have made a better angle back when he was captured so you understood him or even when he was leaving but came back to help with the whisperers.

The whisperers is still my biggest disappointment with the show. When Rosita and Eugene where scared ####less in the mud on the side of the street, I had hope that we would get back to a dark time (and truly scary) like our crew after the barn fire barely hanging on, but they completely botched it and we got the county fair, searching for a projector bulb and the caves. The show folks had a legit chance to get the show back on the rails.

As a Season finale yes.. But, IMO, the real season Finale was the ending of the Whisper's..

These episode's they showed were fillers, aka money grabs, until Season 11 P1 kicks in in August.

I believe if you ignore it as a "Season finale" and just watch this one as a episode you would have seen mid-season you'd enjoy it a lot more. I felt it filled in the Backstory of Negan that has been missing since his character was introduced.
And in that regard I thought it did a great job. :thumbup:  

As for Maggie storyline.. "Ousting Negan" wasn't made by anyone other then Carol.
She believes Maggie will kill him if given the chance and since Carol released him from prison she felt some responsibility if he died. Now that he had his chance to disappear, and decided to come back, her conscience is clear. 
Maggie sucks.  She is not as useful as negan.  Certainly not as ruthless

Already been there.. Two or 3 episodes ago.. Daryl's love interest saved it as a pup, Dog took to Daryl as a companion before love interest disappeared, Daryl kept pup.. The End.. :mellow:  
It was incredibly stupid to introduce that storyline for just one episode and then just leave it like that.   Covid or not all in all this season was a solid F

Negan is the only thing left in this series.  It was a good episode and they would be smart to make him front and center all next season to the end.  Maybe they get that right as they set it up as Maggie vs.Negan.

Don't screw this up, don't have Maggie and Negan kiss and make up in Ep1 and then off to some other rinse and repeat with the new group.  Make this about Negan vs. Maggie and tear the #### up until a Negan climax at the end.

I do have to complain about Lucille though, the bat one.  Why break the bat like that, because it's symbolic ending to dealing with his dead wife?  He's got to replace her at some point imo.  Can you imagine him walking back into town with Lucille on his shoulder, that would have made for a better series ending.

I do have to complain about Lucille though, the bat one.  Why break the bat like that, because it's symbolic ending to dealing with his dead wife?  He's got to replace her at some point imo.  Can you imagine him walking back into town with Lucille on his shoulder, that would have made for a better series ending.
He named the bat Lucille as a way of, as he put it, fight her battles for her.  The world dealt her a ####ty hand and he carried the guilt and shame for what he did to her all those years after her death.  Knocking heads with that bat was his way of allowing Lucille to be a part of his way of getting back at the world.  

Still, he carried the shame but being bad ### Negan was a sort of mask to front how he felt about himself.  He never got to say goodbye to his wife.  She killed herself the day he left the house.  Even in the cell at Alexandria, when the Negan persona was defeated (for lack of a better word), he was obsessed with them telling him where "Lucille" was.  

So it's about closure, imo.  Breaking the bat on the lone walker told him Lucille (symbolic as the bat) had fulfilled its role and now he can let it go. 

The shroud/cloth he used to cover the bat was him finally burying his wife. He found her and was finally able to say goodbye and have closure.  He puts it in the fire and goes back to Alexandria with, finally, a clear conscience about his wife.  

His smirk at Maggie, IMO, was his way of telling her if she wants to continue her hatred and kill him, she better bring her lunch because he isn't going to make it easy for her.  

Negan is the only thing left in this series.  It was a good episode and they would be smart to make him front and center all next season to the end.  Maybe they get that right as they set it up as Maggie vs.Negan.

Don't screw this up, don't have Maggie and Negan kiss and make up in Ep1 and then off to some other rinse and repeat with the new group.  Make this about Negan vs. Maggie and tear the #### up until a Negan climax at the end.
I am team Negan as Maggie has soured for me over the last few seasons.  I also hope they don't kiss and make up.  I imagine he'll end up saving her son or something, but honestly, I'd like to see them go at it.  He can take out half the cast too, as far as I'm concerned. 

You are on to something here.  Instead of some stupid outside threat, make it about Maggie and Negan and make the survivors choose between the 2 with Judith siding with Negan and carol and Daryl split as well.  Some internal conflict would be cool.

FEAR

Nobody still watching that one anymore probably, but, I thought they had a couple decent episodes before the break. Back now and the first two episodes have a major character kill each week. Episodes starts to go sideways, then, they bring it back.  Definitely the better walking dead show right now. 

tonydead said:
FEAR

Nobody still watching that one anymore probably, but, I thought they had a couple decent episodes before the break. Back now and the first two episodes have a major character kill each week. Episodes starts to go sideways, then, they bring it back.  Definitely the better walking dead show right now. 
Totally agree. I didn't see that first death coming at all. 

tonydead said:
FEAR

Completely forgot about all of these shows, no discussions. Over Fear’s run most of the time it was a better show. TWD had already gotten stupid. The dad who died was amazing at the hotel when he just door slammed that guy’s head (he wasn’t a zombie) and the mom was just ruthless. They had some backslides (like the old black lady) and it would have been a better show with a little more of the early weeks of the apocalypse, but they haven’t been shy about killing leads and having some darker stuff.

Fear back on track with a crappy episode.

Fake amnesia guy really has amnesia now. Or does he!?

Explosion they can't figure out if it was old dynamite or the new scary spray paint group!

---

TWD final season is now 24 episodes being released in three different packs of eight.  The first one on 8/22.

Fear back on track with a crappy episode.

Fake amnesia guy really has amnesia now. Or does he!?

Explosion they can't figure out if it was old dynamite or the new scary spray paint group!

---

TWD final season is now 24 episodes being released in three different packs of eight.  The first one on 8/22.
I feel like it went downhill after they brought Morgan on to the show. I much preferred the seasons with the Clark family as the center of the show. I cannot stand Morgan these days. He was great on the first episode of TWD, but he's been mostly annoying the last few seasons.

Ok, I just need to know, @modogg was there a group in the comics that lived underground, with all the power (light) and water they needed to never want to go topside?  Run by a guy named Teddy?  Oh and all the fertilizer they use to grow plants is made from ground up zombies.

I think it was about this time, something similar in Z Nation happened, that I gave up watching.

Ok, I just need to know, @modogg was there a group in the comics that lived underground, with all the power (light) and water they needed to never want to go topside?  Run by a guy named Teddy?  Oh and all the fertilizer they use to grow plants is made from ground up zombies.

I think it was about this time, something similar in Z Nation happened, that I gave up watching.
not that i can ever remember. there were quite a few storylines, but i am pretty sure Kirkman never wrote anything close to an underground group, let alone the other stuff mentioned. 

I also have played a game on my phone called The Walking Dead: Road to Survival that has tons of characters in it and almost all pulled from the comic. No Teddy that i can see on that either. Thinking about the Walking Dead video game they ran on PS as well, and don't remember anything like that

I did like the Z Nation run and remember that idea (don't remember the details though). i have also read a bunch of zombie books, etc, and it sounds like it is pulled from 2 different stories with the idea of a group living underground that didn't have to go topside (it is a popular zombie series from England, i think it is just labeled "Day 1" and goes to like "Day 24"). So my guess is the writers puled from 2 different sources or added a little adaptation to avoid copyright issues.

Just watched the last 10 minutes of season 2 episode 7 (barn slaughter and Sophia scene) again.  Probably seen it 10 times now.

Just freaking wow.  If only they coulda kept Shane around somehow.  I had the idea of a twin brother they come across later on.  Oh well.

I realize it's damn near impossible to keep ANY show going for a decade, especially a show with so many people who's careers fluctuate, but wow this show was so dang good for a stretch.  

Red, if you've come this far, maybe you're willing to come a little further.
Lol.

I stopped watching a couple years ago (maybe at the introduction of the gang that wore zombie masks and walked with the zombies). While I miss the good days, I don't miss what it turned into.

Lol.

I stopped watching a couple years ago (maybe at the introduction of the gang that wore zombie masks and walked with the zombies). While I miss the good days, I don't miss what it turned into.
The Whisperers coulda been so cool.  They made it trash.  

It's been very "meh" for several years now

tonydead said:
Wiki says season 11 is starting August 22nd.  But it also says it ends in 2022, so second half of season 11 the end?
Season 11 is 24 episodes.  Would expect three 8-episode "mini-seasons" (11a, 11b, 11c). 

ghostguy123 said:
The Whisperers coulda been so cool.  They made it trash.  

It's been very "meh" for several years now
100% this. We should never have seen a real whisperer for the whole first season of them. They ruined the surprise for non-comic book fans in 1 episode and made it stupid. It should have been terrifying but the show has been character driven for a while now. Reminds me of GOT (yes, TWD was never at that level) at the end where all of a sudden the fan favorites were invincible and the show folks completely missed the fact that the show was the hero not Carol or Daryl.

The whisperers fiasco reminded me of the perfect movie example of its scarier before you meet the monster. The movie was The Relic and for the first half of the movie, you don’t see the monster just people getting killed and the lead guys trying to figure out what’s happening. Then, they show you the monster and it’s a chameleon, tiger, Predator mix and it’s just silly looking and no longer scary or interesting. At least that meh movie got half of a scary movie. We got one cool scene with Eugene and Rosita and that’s it, time for bald lady’s back story that literally no one gives a #### about.

wlwiles said:
S10 is out on Netflix, but there's still one more season still to come.  It's been announced that S11 will be the final one. 
If it’s on Netflix, I may watch and fast forward where necessary. Hulu doesn’t have AMC so I was spared the time commitment without a care. Made my decision easy as there was no chance I’d pay to watch.

I can't seem to get myself to watch the latest season now that it's on Netflix.  I strongly prefer Black Summer and Kingdom.  It feels like 10 years since the TWD episode with the heads on sticks - that's the last thing I remember.

Decent start to the "Final" season.. Negan somewhat returning to his dark side was a decent twist..
Will be interesting how they handle the return of the character we all know didn't die..
How do they survive and what happens when the rest find out what happened? :popcorn:

Thing I didn't like was leaving that military depot/base.. You've killed off the majority of the dead, so why not open a door and take out the rest.. Weapons. Ammo and I assume more MRE's... so why leave it as is??

Decent start to the "Final" season.. Negan somewhat returning to his dark side was a decent twist..
Will be interesting how they handle the return of the character we all know didn't die..
How do they survive and what happens when the rest find out what happened? :popcorn:

Thing I didn't like was leaving that military depot/base.. You've killed off the majority of the dead, so why not open a door and take out the rest.. Weapons. Ammo and I assume more MRE's... so why leave it as is??

Yeah, the overly complicated army base invasion made no sense, as usual. Brought me back to when they felt the need to make that unnecessarily elaborate run to the museum to get the cart. (which they had to wheel over a glass ceiling for some reason).

Even if we ignore the fact that hundreds of soldiers were somehow in the base and died together after "the fall" (which....ya know...makes no sense. I still have absolutely zero idea how a slow-moving zombie plague even gets traction against the US military...but whatever....), there's absolutely no reason to make the raid into some sort of mission impossible stealth set-piece.  An un-looted army base is a freaking treasure trove and they go in there in the dead of night with 10 people for just a week's worth of MRE's? Absurd.

And yeah, the ending (and inevitable death "fake out) reeks of Glen and the dumpster. 

Oh boy.  Again the writers just don’t care.   Negan has been ther what 8 years at this point and they still treat him like a has been?

and the military base with weapons……..they just totally ignore it?   Sweet Jesus this show sucks.  

MREs? They stayed good this long? 
If in a cool place, well over 10 years. At this point, it’s not really stretching things too badly. Judith was born right at the start and is 10 according to the wiki so it’s been 11 years. Add a year or more as the MREs were likely sitting around a bit. 12-13 years might be pushing it but we’ll within possibility. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Binged the rest of season 10 from this spring. Hulu doesn’t have AMC and I’m in no way ever paying to watch this show. I felt like I was watching the Daryl and Carol show with other people wandering through the scenes until the Negan finale. It wasn’t horrible but I definitely didn’t miss anything by waiting.

I’ll have to wait and see when the last season is on Netflix and binge it to the end and call it a day.

If in a cool place, well over 10 years. At this point, it’s not really stretching things too badly. Judith was born right at the start and is 10 according to the wiki so it’s been 11 years. Add a year or more as the MREs were likely sitting around a bit. 12-13 years might be pushing it but we’ll within possibility. 
But can you use them as fuel for lawnmowers? Lori wants to know.

Daryl is a ninja with those knives.  Nothing but head shots from 30 feet above.  Chuck Norris stuff there. He and Carol can go start a circus act in the new world.  

Decent couple of episodes imo. But if they just hang out in the metro entrance steps til the rain stops... they could've been on their way without any loss of life or ammo.  

Other then the return to the "dumpster dive" where this time everyone knew there was zero chance of her getting killed, thought it was a very good episode. 

Loved how a few minutes after Maggie confronts Negan for leaving her to die, she sacrifices a red shirt for the same reason. 

Eugene's fake panic attack was good.

Got them to believe the four of them were it and there was no big community, all because he wanted to lose his virginity. :lol:  

So maggie knows about hidden drop sites with food, weapons, ammo etc and she just now is telling people?  I mean I am going to ride this out until the end but I really really hate the writing/plots on this show.  

Users who are viewing this thread