Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread***

I think the people on the highway that died, were dead before they contracted the "virus"

How did all these people die?
If you remember from the flashback to people on the highway, it looked like the Air Force was dropping something on Atlanta. Probably the military did it.

The double tap to the fat guy's head wasn't that quick, but Rick could have easily done that to ensure he didn't come back. He isn't Shane, so not in his nature to do that without reason.

I just disagree. I made sure to pay attention to this while watching a second time, and ended up watching a third. He made two quick, not immediately fatal shots to the guy, and ended him with a head shot quickly thereafter. It certainly didn't seem like something where anyone should focus to me.Maybe we'll learn for sure eventually, but I'm guessing we won't. Obsessing about it will probably end up leading you down the path of many Lost fans who thought they had all the answers.
LOL, not obsessing at all, just trying to have a conversation about the show in a thread about it. I agree that he could have just been making sure he was dead and not shoot them while dying, that is as reasonable as thinking that he wanted to make sure he didn't come back at all.

I think the people on the highway that died, were dead before they contracted the "virus"

Do we know exactly how long Rick was in the hospital? I assumed some people gave up and died of dehydration/lack of food or heat exhaustion (windows up in Hotlanta during the summer would do that).Also, remember how few people were in their cars? Our token black guy (can't even remember his name now that we never see him) saw a baby seat with blood, but no one in that car. I don't recall their being bodies all over the place, in fact it may have only been that one guy who was there more for impact of the kid having to deal with him instead of the real story.

1. Rick didn't go out of his way to put a bullet in anyone's head in the bar. He shot the first guy in the head for a kill shot. The fat guy got two quick taps to the stomach/lower chest or liver, then a quick headshot. Sure, that headshot could be symbolic, but it was quick enough to just be a kill shot considering the other two weren't immediately fatal.2. The hanging zombie was bitten previously.If everyone is infected, then everyone was presumably infected when the apocalypse started. The people on the interestate were presumably fleeing the zombies in the city, so it would make sense they died without turning. I was on board with everyone being infected and all who die from now on will come back as zombies, but the dead bodies on the interstate would be a major plot-hole IMO. I wouldn't buy the explanation saying they just hadn't been infected yet, because then... where did the first zombies come from?Maybe they'll address it completely in the show, but from what I understand, it will probably never be fully addressed.I don't understand all the talk about being weak and turning. If you get bit, you die from it, and then come back as a zombie, and digging a bunch of graves didn't lead to that guy's demise a bit. It's pretty standard zombie movie stuff, and I think they've even addressed that part directly. They've spoken about scratches, but it hasn't been addressed directly so far.

A couple thoughts. I agree on the hanging zombie, I recall the bite. The double tap to the fat guy's head wasn't that quick, but Rick could have easily done that to ensure he didn't come back. He isn't Shane, so not in his nature to do that without reason.When I think of everyone being infected, I am thinking that the CDC guy told Rick that about his entire crew. Why give them blood tests if he knew the entire world was infected. I think the people on the highway that died, were dead before they contracted the "virus" (pretty sure that is what the CDC guy said). I don't think this is a latent thing that every has had for years, I think it spreads like a pandemic and at this point almost every has had contacts with zombies and thus is infected.Again, this is just my thoughts on it.
Im curious if people are already infected , why would rick want to have the baby, wouldnt it be infected thru Lori?
That is a good question, but I think Rick would be more against killing the baby who would be healthy (and heck could hold the immunity key) to start and thus not a zombie. I don't think he would try and have a baby, but it already happened. Now that there is a baby, he is focused on keeping it safe. Heck, why worry about it now? There are 8 more months to worry about before the baby is around. In 8 months, I think his thought might be that Lori and baby are already dead or they are actually in a safe enough place.

If you remember from the flashback to people on the highway, it looked like the Air Force was dropping something on Atlanta. Probably the military did it.
:goodposting: Forgot about that.

1. Rick didn't go out of his way to put a bullet in anyone's head in the bar. He shot the first guy in the head for a kill shot. The fat guy got two quick taps to the stomach/lower chest or liver, then a quick headshot. Sure, that headshot could be symbolic, but it was quick enough to just be a kill shot considering the other two weren't immediately fatal.2. The hanging zombie was bitten previously.If everyone is infected, then everyone was presumably infected when the apocalypse started. The people on the interestate were presumably fleeing the zombies in the city, so it would make sense they died without turning. I was on board with everyone being infected and all who die from now on will come back as zombies, but the dead bodies on the interstate would be a major plot-hole IMO. I wouldn't buy the explanation saying they just hadn't been infected yet, because then... where did the first zombies come from?Maybe they'll address it completely in the show, but from what I understand, it will probably never be fully addressed.I don't understand all the talk about being weak and turning. If you get bit, you die from it, and then come back as a zombie, and digging a bunch of graves didn't lead to that guy's demise a bit. It's pretty standard zombie movie stuff, and I think they've even addressed that part directly. They've spoken about scratches, but it hasn't been addressed directly so far.

A couple thoughts. I agree on the hanging zombie, I recall the bite. The double tap to the fat guy's head wasn't that quick, but Rick could have easily done that to ensure he didn't come back. He isn't Shane, so not in his nature to do that without reason.When I think of everyone being infected, I am thinking that the CDC guy told Rick that about his entire crew. Why give them blood tests if he knew the entire world was infected. I think the people on the highway that died, were dead before they contracted the "virus" (pretty sure that is what the CDC guy said). I don't think this is a latent thing that every has had for years, I think it spreads like a pandemic and at this point almost every has had contacts with zombies and thus is infected.Again, this is just my thoughts on it.
Shane said the military was killing people in the hospital not just zombies. It is possible that the military thought the infection was only in certain areas. Maybe the military dropped toxic gas or something on those fleeing the city. The intention being to contain the disease and prevent people from leaving and spreading the sickness. I thought if they gassed people, wouldn't some of the survivors know about it? But then again if someone was close enough to see the gas dropped maybe they'd be too close to escape.The CDC guy taking blood. We assume he was looking for signs of infection. But what if he was looking for something odd like not being infected or having antibodies, like in "I Am Legend".
The CDC guy was definitely checking for someone being immune. Even if he thought it was a snowball's chance in hell, I am sure he did check that just in case. I also agree that the infection was spreading but wasn't everywhere and that the military was trying to contain it.I absolutely agree with you on what Shane said. That was another hint IMHO as well. Why would the military kill healthy people in a hospital with zombies around, to stop the spread of the infection. The military would have known about the infection at that point.Also, does anyone recall if the military folks in the hospital (it was in a flashback with Shane where he tried to get Rick out) were wearing gas masks? If so, then it would definitely show that they were trying to protect themselves and knew that the other survivors had been exposed and would turn when dead.

1. Rick didn't go out of his way to put a bullet in anyone's head in the bar. He shot the first guy in the head for a kill shot. The fat guy got two quick taps to the stomach/lower chest or liver, then a quick headshot. Sure, that headshot could be symbolic, but it was quick enough to just be a kill shot considering the other two weren't immediately fatal.

2. The hanging zombie was bitten previously.

If everyone is infected, then everyone was presumably infected when the apocalypse started. The people on the interestate were presumably fleeing the zombies in the city, so it would make sense they died without turning. I was on board with everyone being infected and all who die from now on will come back as zombies, but the dead bodies on the interstate would be a major plot-hole IMO. I wouldn't buy the explanation saying they just hadn't been infected yet, because then... where did the first zombies come from?

Maybe they'll address it completely in the show, but from what I understand, it will probably never be fully addressed.

I don't understand all the talk about being weak and turning. If you get bit, you die from it, and then come back as a zombie, and digging a bunch of graves didn't lead to that guy's demise a bit. It's pretty standard zombie movie stuff, and I think they've even addressed that part directly. They've spoken about scratches, but it hasn't been addressed directly so far.

It probably won't be addressed in the show. I know Kirkman wasn't concerned so much with how/why with the comic. But they could get into it since they are only following the general plot line and are willing to change it up.

Kirkman has said that his zombies are basically"Romero" zombies so it stands to reason that if you die, you come back but who knows with the show. He also says he has intentionally not read WWZ as he doesn't want it to influence his writing. I bet the show writers have read it.

I actually went back and watched the original 'Night of the Living Dead' last weekend. It was funny how much zombies have evolved as they have decomposed over the years. NotLD shows zombies moving at least as quick as TWD and even using tools.

Im curious if people are already infected , why would rick want to have the baby, wouldnt it be infected thru Lori?
That is a good question, but I think Rick would be more against killing the baby who would be healthy (and heck could hold the immunity key) to start and thus not a zombie. I don't think he would try and have a baby, but it already happened. Now that there is a baby, he is focused on keeping it safe. Heck, why worry about it now? There are 8 more months to worry about before the baby is around. In 8 months, I think his thought might be that Lori and baby are already dead or they are actually in a safe enough place.

Governor > Lori & her child

The baby's already a zombie, and soon begins to eat it's way out.

What's that have to do with 18?

golf, Tiger Woods shows up as the governor in the next episode

It will be 18 periods of 15 days before he completes the project.

1. Rick didn't go out of his way to put a bullet in anyone's head in the bar. He shot the first guy in the head for a kill shot. The fat guy got two quick taps to the stomach/lower chest or liver, then a quick headshot. Sure, that headshot could be symbolic, but it was quick enough to just be a kill shot considering the other two weren't immediately fatal.

2. The hanging zombie was bitten previously.

If everyone is infected, then everyone was presumably infected when the apocalypse started. The people on the interestate were presumably fleeing the zombies in the city, so it would make sense they died without turning. I was on board with everyone being infected and all who die from now on will come back as zombies, but the dead bodies on the interstate would be a major plot-hole IMO. I wouldn't buy the explanation saying they just hadn't been infected yet, because then... where did the first zombies come from?

Maybe they'll address it completely in the show, but from what I understand, it will probably never be fully addressed.

I don't understand all the talk about being weak and turning. If you get bit, you die from it, and then come back as a zombie, and digging a bunch of graves didn't lead to that guy's demise a bit. It's pretty standard zombie movie stuff, and I think they've even addressed that part directly. They've spoken about scratches, but it hasn't been addressed directly so far.

A couple thoughts. I agree on the hanging zombie, I recall the bite. The double tap to the fat guy's head wasn't that quick, but Rick could have easily done that to ensure he didn't come back. He isn't Shane, so not in his nature to do that without reason.

When I think of everyone being infected, I am thinking that the CDC guy told Rick that about his entire crew. Why give them blood tests if he knew the entire world was infected. I think the people on the highway that died, were dead before they contracted the "virus" (pretty sure that is what the CDC guy said). I don't think this is a latent thing that every has had for years, I think it spreads like a pandemic and at this point almost every has had contacts with zombies and thus is infected.

Again, this is just my thoughts on it.

It will be 18 periods of 15 days before he completes the project.

Merle's Hand getting paid linkage

Those would have to be some hardcore gums on the baby, since it wouldn't have teeth

Those would have to be some hardcore gums on the baby, since it wouldn't have teeth

Some babies are in fact born with teeth

18 teeth?

Zombie babies don't care. They're like honey badgers.

Not getting the "Andrea gave Lori a smack down" talk. It just exposed Andrea as a jealous, selfish, lazy ##### IMO. We all knew that though. If she got her face ripped off by zombies next episode, no one would care.

cant stand lori. she did get called out by andrea in the argument and lori just acts like shes the female version of rick. its pretty annoying we only need 1 rick on the show
She needs to get all carnal with Shane again. I liked that scene.

18 teeth?

The comic is very specific about zombie babies being mutated in certain ways, one of them being that the fetuses have fully formed fangs and claws.

We just got all caught up last night.

All this speculation about whether or not everyone has this disease is confusing me. Is it bc of the comic (I haven't read them)? Did I miss some clue given about what Jenner said to Rick at the CDC?

If its not one of those 2 explanations I don't see any other evidence to support the 'everyone has it' argument, unless I missed something else. The first Philly guy shot was not shot in the head, even though the fat guy was.

We just got all caught up last night. All this speculation about whether or not everyone has this disease is confusing me. Is it bc of the comic (I haven't read them)? Did I miss some clue given about what Jenner said to Rick at the CDC? If its not one of those 2 explanations I don't see any other evidence to support the 'everyone has it' argument, unless I missed something else. The first Philly guy shot was not shot in the head, even though the fat guy was.

Speculation + hints.. There was an article on AMC's site not to long ago with Rick saying the "secret" told to him by the CDC guy would be revealed this season. :popcorn:In my opinion the secret is..1. Everyone has the virus, but some are able to fight it off.2. some people are immune to it so are never infected, but he hasn't figured out why ( kind of like "I am Legend" as stated above)and I expect the other part of the secret is that there is no cure..again all speculation on my part from watching the show as I haven't read the comics. Edited by snogger

All this speculation about whether or not everyone has this disease is confusing me. Is it bc of the comic (I haven't read them)? Did I miss some clue given about what Jenner said to Rick at the CDC?

If its not one of those 2 explanations I don't see any other evidence to support the 'everyone has it' argument, unless I missed something else. The first Philly guy shot was not shot in the head, even though the fat guy was.

Yes, he was.

We just got all caught up last night. All this speculation about whether or not everyone has this disease is confusing me. Is it bc of the comic (I haven't read them)? Did I miss some clue given about what Jenner said to Rick at the CDC? If its not one of those 2 explanations I don't see any other evidence to support the 'everyone has it' argument, unless I missed something else. The first Philly guy shot was not shot in the head, even though the fat guy was.

Speculation + hints.. There was an article on AMC's site not to long ago with Rick saying the "secret" told to him by the CDC guy would be revealed this season. :popcorn:In my opinion the secret is..1. Everyone has the virus, but some are able to fight it off.2. some people are immune to it so are never infected, but he hasn't figured out why ( kind of like "I am Legend" as stated above)and I expect the other part of the secret is that there is no cure..again all speculation on my part from watching the show as I haven't read the comics.
I haven't read the comics I'm just guessing that everyone or most people have been exposed to whatever eventually stimulates them to reanimate.If Rick knows they are all infected, I could understand him not telling the group. What good does it do to know? It'd be good to know if you kill a live person, but he doesn't expect the group to have to do that too often. It would probably create more panic and despair if he did tell the group. Edited by netnalp

Places that are now museums have the benefits that they probably won't be full of zombies. The downside would be they wouldn't have much for current day weapons.

Yeah, but the amount of cool weapons you would have from history would easily outweigh that. I know there are a lot of gun nuts out there, and Napoleon Dynamite types who collect knives and swords, etc., but I know the Art Museum in Philly has all kinds of stylish weapons. Not sure how sharp the swords would be, but you have full body suits of armor, and the morning stars and such should be sufficient. I have to think if you put on a suit of armor, you should be good to go, no?

Obsessing about it will probably end up leading you down the path of many Lost fans who thought they had all the answers.

Like that washer/dryer combo, chief?
Haha. I checked into the Fuselage after making my way back through the series again. I forget when I last went there, but IIRC, my previous login was sometime during the second season. Eventually that stuff just got way too crazy, and I just stopped avoiding these types of threads. I think I'll probably end up doing the same thing here as you have people blurting out actual spoilers, which I don't understand. No one is giving anyone i-cred for reading a comic book and ruining surprises in a television show.

Places that are now museums have the benefits that they probably won't be full of zombies. The downside would be they wouldn't have much for current day weapons.

Yeah, but the amount of cool weapons you would have from history would easily outweigh that. I know there are a lot of gun nuts out there, and Napoleon Dynamite types who collect knives and swords, etc., but I know the Art Museum in Philly has all kinds of stylish weapons. Not sure how sharp the swords would be, but you have full body suits of armor, and the morning stars and such should be sufficient. I have to think if you put on a suit of armor, you should be good to go, no?
I'd hate to meet more than a couple zombies in full-plate, not enough maneuverability. I would look to get some chainmail or the chainmail they wear around sharks. It would be good to fortify a castle or old fort, armor up and then lower that person in a shark cage over the wall to jab zombies with a spear or polearm. Edited by netnalp

Speculation + hints.. There was an article on AMC's site not to long ago with Rick saying the "secret" told to him by the CDC guy would be revealed this season. :popcorn:In my opinion the secret is..1. Everyone has the virus, but some are able to fight it off.2. some people are immune to it so are never infected, but he hasn't figured out why ( kind of like "I am Legend" as stated above)and I expect the other part of the secret is that there is no cure..again all speculation on my part from watching the show as I haven't read the comics.
Speculation on my Part also, as I have not read the comics.3. The virus has infected a few of your party and will make them zombies, but the others are immune to it. Shane has the strongest immunity in your group and in fact might be be the key for a cure (this is why he has not been killed by Rick).

Not getting the "Andrea gave Lori a smack down" talk. It just exposed Andrea as a jealous, selfish, lazy ##### IMO. We all knew that though. If she got her face ripped off by zombies next episode, no one would care.

Whew .. thought I was the only one tired of her crap. :hifive:
:hifive: The whole, "let's let a suicidal teenage girl go ahead and make the choice to kill herself" attitude, then intentionally leaving the girl to her own devices, and finally saying "she made her choice, she chose to live" was ridiculous. Chick lost some serious credibility.
I thought what Andrea did was great under the circumstances.

I'll give you a shot at turning back now since this is a pretty big spoiler but. . .

My take was when Shane mentioned there were no bite marks, Rick was confirming that because of what the scientist told him when he whispered to Rick at the CDC, essentially that everyone is infected. Yes, no?

This was my take also. Someone mentioned in this thread about the group not being intellectually curious enough about the zombie outbreak. Well, here's some of that, from Shane no less.

The last 3 episodes have been really good overall. Show is finally starting to find its groove.

totally agree with this and I have been a harsh criticI can't believe how much better the writing has gotten

The past couple of episode have been really good. I hope they can sustain it...

Speculation on my Part also, as I have not read the comics.3. The virus has infected a few of your party and will make them zombies, but the others are immune to it. Shane has the strongest immunity in your group and in fact might be be the key for a cure (this is why he has not been killed by Rick).
Speculation here as well, I haven't read them either. Haven't thought about immunity, but wouldn't you have thought if someone was immune that the CDC guy would have tried to bail with anything he could to try and get the cure somewhere it could be worked on more?

I'd hate to meet more than a couple zombies in full-plate, not enough maneuverability. I would look to get some chainmail or the chainmail they wear around sharks. It would be good to fortify a castle or old fort, armor up and then lower that person in a shark cage over the wall to jab zombies with a spear or polearm.
:goodposting:

Definitely a decent idea of something to add. If sharks can't bite through it, maybe shark armor would be a potential necessity. Not sure how mobile you are, but if I were trying to clear a place out, definitely would think about gearing up with that so that even if overwhelmed a bit, you could avoid the bites while continuing to kill the zombies one by one. It wouldn't help if you are in the middle of a hundred by yourself as they could literally crush you with the mass.

I'll give you a shot at turning back now since this is a pretty big spoiler but. . .

My take was when Shane mentioned there were no bite marks, Rick was confirming that because of what the scientist told him when he whispered to Rick at the CDC, essentially that everyone is infected. Yes, no?

This was my take also. Someone mentioned in this thread about the group not being intellectually curious enough about the zombie outbreak. Well, here's some of that, from Shane no less.

The last 3 episodes have been really good overall. Show is finally starting to find its groove.

totally agree with this and I have been a harsh critic
I can't believe how much better the writing has gotten

The past couple of episode have been really good. I hope they can sustain it...

Yep the "rick/shane" exchanges were awesome. Rick dropped the dopey inspirational angle.

Speculation here as well, I haven't read them either. Haven't thought about immunity, but wouldn't you have thought if someone was immune that the CDC guy would have tried to bail with anything he could to try and get the cure somewhere it could be worked on more?
I think CDC guy was infected and it was just a matter of time before he turned and once the countdown started I do not think he could not stop it.

Yes, he was.
I've watched it 10 times now, and maybe because it's on Amazon streaming non-HD, but i really don't think so.

Anyone have a screenshot of this?

I think CDC guy was infected and it was just a matter of time before he turned and once the countdown started I do not think he could not stop it.
Again, where is the 'people are infected without being bit' angle coming from? It's possible, but is it all because they mentioned the 2 dead security guards weren't scratched?

Again, where is the 'people are infected without being bit' angle coming from? It's possible, but is it all because they mentioned the 2 dead security guards weren't scratched?
The zombie virus has to start somewhere with someone. In most stories it is air born virus. Only goes to figure this storyline is the same. :shrug:

Mainly, it comes from the comic book.

I'd hate to meet more than a couple zombies in full-plate, not enough maneuverability. I would look to get some chainmail or the chainmail they wear around sharks. It would be good to fortify a castle or old fort, armor up and then lower that person in a shark cage over the wall to jab zombies with a spear or polearm.
Police riot gear IMO.

Yes, he was.
I've watched it 10 times now, and maybe because it's on Amazon streaming non-HD, but i really don't think so.

I SAY HEAD SHOT

Police riot gear IMO.

They gear up with riot gear in the comics (after they get into the prison). In WWZ, the surviving soldiers who go on the clear out mission are equipped with a Kevlar coverall. That would be money.

Yes, he was.

I SAY HEAD SHOT

Back and to the right. Pretty easy to see.

You know when you see a spoiler link and you don't want to click on it, but do it anyways and then hate the fact that you did? Yeah..I just did. found some pics for the last episode of the season over at spoilertv.com. Wasn't expecting what I saw.

Yes, he was.

:deadhorse: Let it ####### go

Yes, he was.

:deadhorse: Let it ####### go
It's been answered. But thanks for your concern.

:banned:

Usually I agree with Rick, but bringing this kid back to the farm and risking that he escapes or the group doesn't want to kill him is a huge mistake. No good can come from it.

Why not let the kid become part of their group? From the actions of the guys in the bar I suspect his group sucks. Maybe he did not like his group and is looking for a way out of it. Ask Maggie if he really went to school with her and what she thinks of his character. I would think another guy defending the group would be good.
Yeah...I'm kind of not getting that either. Plus....that group had people from Philly in it. Why in the hell would a Southern guy want to have anything to do with Philly people?
Whether he liked them or not, he joined the group. I err on the side of caution with outsiders and when it's a guy whose loyalty I can't be sure of I wouldn't take any chances.Did you see that way he stabbed the zombie in the head? He looked like he enjoyed that way too much.

Usually I agree with Rick, but bringing this kid back to the farm and risking that he escapes or the group doesn't want to kill him is a huge mistake. No good can come from it.

Why not let the kid become part of their group? From the actions of the guys in the bar I suspect his group sucks. Maybe he did not like his group and is looking for a way out of it. Ask Maggie if he really went to school with her and what she thinks of his character. I would think another guy defending the group would be good.
Yeah...I'm kind of not getting that either. Plus....that group had people from Philly in it. Why in the hell would a Southern guy want to have anything to do with Philly people?
Whether he liked them or not, he joined the group. I err on the side of caution with outsiders and when it's a guy whose loyalty I can't be sure of I wouldn't take any chances.

Did you see that way he stabbed the zombie in the head? He looked like he enjoyed that way too much.

I was thinking the same thing...WAY over did it, could be an issue or 2 going on :unsure: