What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Go deeps Updated Dynasty Rankings (1 Viewer)

Go deep

Footballguy
Rankings

PLEASE READ******Before you read the rankings or go any further than this please understand that these are not your typical rankings. A players dynasty score is more important than where he ranks. A player might be 21st, but only 2 dynasty points from being 12th, which means he is basically in a large group of guys ranked similarly.************

Here is a key for the rankings:

The D.S. column is the players current dynasty score. The scores are based on their overall score, not by position. So if you listed every player in D.S. order, it would give you my overall order.

The up column is what i believe to be the players upside D.S.(dynasty score), going into the 2011 season.

The dn is the potential downside D.S. score for the 2011 season.

The AVG. is of course the average of the two numbers, and might give an idea of which players are on the rise and which are on the decline when compared to their current D.S.

The S.S. is their "stabilty score", for lack of better term that sounds good with score. It gives an idea of how risky a player might be. A player that you pretty much know what you will be getting next year will have a low score, ie. Peyton Manning, and a player that is more of a crapshoot will have a high score, ie. Felix Jones.

The scores are based on non-ppr, in leagues that score 6 points for all TD's, 1 pt 25 yards passing, and 10 yards rush/rec. Starting requirements of 1 QB and TE, 6 RB/WR's 2/2/2 IDP's with 1 or 2 flex. IDP scoring of 1 pt tackle, 3 pt. turnover, and 3 pt sack. For those of you in Zealots, it is basically their starting requirements/scoring system, minus the return yardage.

Trade calc.: Its pretty simple to figure out, and can obviously be used across positions and can include rookie picks. As long as there are an equal amount of players switching teams you just plug in each players score and get your results. However, if there are more players going to one team it gets a litle more complicated and you have to use the "14+4" system. For each additional player going to one team you have to add 14. For a 2nd additonal player you have to add the 14+4. For a 3rd player you add 18+5, and for a 4th 23+6.

Example: Team A trades: Adrian Peterson(90), Larry Fitzgerald(59)

Team B trades: Peyton Hillis(50), Brandon Lloyd(36), Eddie Royal(31), James Jones(26) 2.08 rookie pick(23)

It would add up like this:

(90)+(59)+14*+18*+23*= 204

(50)+(36)+(31)+(26)+(23)= 166

*Added points

One more thing to note. If the added points ends up being higher than a players/picks score, just leave the player/pick out of the equation. For example, One team is getting 3 additional players and one of those is a 6th round pick which is worth 15 points, you would just leave that pick out of the equation as opposed to adding 23 points to the team getting less players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody has a different view of players, I respect that. You have some of the rookies a little higher than I do, but so does group think.

Everybody has a different view of players, I respect that. You have some of the rookies a little higher than I do, but so does group think.
I normally wouldnt have QB's that high, but Bradford is my favorite QB to come out since Peyton. I will always have RB's high, even a season close to 1000 yards will have them viewed as top 15-20 dynasty backs next year.

My differences in RB rankings are small. I like Charles who has shown a little something & Greene who in an extraordinary position over Matthews. I really like your pick of Felix over Best. :goodposting:

My differences in RB rankings are small. I like Charles who has shown a little something & Greene who in an extraordinary position over Matthews. I really like your pick of Felix over Best. :goodposting:
I basically have them ranked the same, only 1 point apart from each other. The only real difference is how they will be used. At this point, we pretty much know Mathews is going to get 300 touches(barring injury). Im just not as sure about Charles and Greene. I do think Greene gets 280-300 carries, but since he hasnt proven he can do that in the NFL, im no more sure of him than Mathews. Thanks for the feedback. :thumbup:

Whitehurst seems high. I'm not convinced he'll ever be a starter.

I think Moreno's a bit low. Ryan Grant over Donald Brown doesn't seem right. Lynch seems high.

Brandon Marshall looks low to me. Colston seems a bit high. I don't like Britt over MSW. It seems like there should be a gigantic value drop at WR between #30 and #31, but it isn't showing that way in your D.S. column - the drop from Garcon/Welker to Avery/Benn is huge IMO. Massaquoi looks the most overrated of any player at the QRW positions so far. I think Burleson's way too high. Hester is way too low, Aromashodu way too high, Knox too low.

I can't see putting Gates over Finley and Davis given their ages. Shiancoe's criminally low.

Will Smith seems high. Ray Edwards is waaaay too high. Chris Long hasn't shown me anything to warrant top-20 status, you've got him at #12. Freeney at 16? He's out of my top 40. Avril seems high to me. KVB looks done. I don't see Greg/Stylez White, but think he belongs.

I think DJ Williams is too low, Laurinaitis too high. Was Tatupu an oversight, or do you just not rank him in your top 42 LBs? If so, I think you're wrong there.

I own him in three leagues, but I've never been able to rely on Richard Marshall. I think he's chronically overrated by everyone. I think YBell is too low. Brandon Flowers is waaaaay too high. Adrian Wilson is too low now that Dansby's out of his way. I'd put Chris Hope and Chris Harris on the DB list somewhere.

Whitehurst seems high. I'm not convinced he'll ever be a starter.I think Moreno's a bit low. Ryan Grant over Donald Brown doesn't seem right. Lynch seems high.Brandon Marshall looks low to me. Colston seems a bit high. I don't like Britt over MSW. It seems like there should be a gigantic value drop at WR between #30 and #31, but it isn't showing that way in your D.S. column - the drop from Garcon/Welker to Avery/Benn is huge IMO. Massaquoi looks the most overrated of any player at the QRW positions so far. I think Burleson's way too high. Hester is way too low, Aromashodu way too high, Knox too low. I can't see putting Gates over Finley and Davis given their ages. Shiancoe's criminally low. Will Smith seems high. Ray Edwards is waaaay too high. Chris Long hasn't shown me anything to warrant top-20 status, you've got him at #12. Freeney at 16? He's out of my top 40. Avril seems high to me. KVB looks done. I don't see Greg/Stylez White, but think he belongs. I think DJ Williams is too low, Laurinaitis too high. Was Tatupu an oversight, or do you just not rank him in your top 42 LBs? If so, I think you're wrong there. I own him in three leagues, but I've never been able to rely on Richard Marshall. I think he's chronically overrated by everyone. I think YBell is too low. Brandon Flowers is waaaaay too high. Adrian Wilson is too low now that Dansby's out of his way. I'd put Chris Hope and Chris Harris on the DB list somewhere.
I will say the IDP's need some work, i havnt put as much time into them this offseason as i did offense. I agree that Freeney needs to be pushed back, but he will stay in the top 40. I love Ray Edwards this year and going forward. He has 44 solos last year and 9 sacks, finishing 6th for DLineman. Not to mention had 8 more tackles, and 4 more sacks in two playoff games. At ony 25 years old, he should have a long career ahead of him.Im not a big Will Smith fan, but he consistently puts up numbers, which is hard to get from the DL spot. You can tell by his '11 score that i think his value will drop after the season.You dont think Gates should be ahead of Finley because of his age, but think Shiancoe(who is the exact same age) is criminally low? As high as i am on Finley, he will be lucky to ever put up numbers like Gates will still put up over the next few years.Tatupu was an oversight, not sure how i missed him, but i will adjust accordingly.There are two kinds of people, those who like Marshall, and those he think he is a moron. I am the latter. Plus dont forget, this is non-ppr.Burelson is a guy i like, he always seems to produce when he is heathy. As the #2 next to CJ this year, i think he can approach 1000 yards...again, if he stays healthy.The Chicago WR situation is a mess. The only thing i really know about them is Hester doesnt look like a natural WR when i watch him play. Lynch is the biggest "must trade FOR" there is right now. His value is guaranteed to go up next year. I like Donald Brown alot too, and i am not a big fan of Grant. However, like i said, i kind of work the group think into my rankings, and 99.9% of people would take Grant over Brown. Plus, Grant is in a great situation this year, Brown is not.I really like Avery, and dont think much of Garcon. Given the choice between the two in a draft, i would probaby select Avery. As far as Colston, he may not be the most explosive WR in the league, but he is very consistent. Sure, he wont have many huge games like a Fitz or Austin, but you can pretty much count on him for 65 and .5 TD's every week. Which is why he has a low S.S.(which is basically just a numbers that tells you how risky, or unrisky in this case, a player is.I like the direction the Seahawks offense is going. I dont know much about Whitehurst, but i do know i dont like Hasselbeck, and the Hawks paid alot to get Whitehurst. Last but not least, Moreno. I loved him going into last year, and he was in my top 10 then. Every time i watched him play last year, i couldnt help but to bump him down. I still like his potential, but he is going to have to look better thius year, or he wont be in my top 30 next year.

I think i have it set up so you can edit the page. For anyone interested, try out the trade calculator. Just input the D.S. scores of the players you receive, and the D.S. scores of the players you give. In the event of a trade that has an uneven amount of players, add 14 points for each additional player to the team that is receiving the fewer players. It will not be as accurate for leagues that are not close to the league requirements listed above.

Nice job.

I am REALLY enjoying the IDP you got in here, my views are strangely similar as yours.

One interesting thing is in the past year I have traded your DBS ranked 2,3,4,5. I turned each of those into 2nd round rookie picks. I rinse/repeat this process every year, hitting up the waiver wire early and often has payed off. The only DB I refuse to trade is Roman Harper and he seems to always be near the top at years end.

Good stuff, did you ever upload Tatupu? I couldn't find him.

Nice job.I am REALLY enjoying the IDP you got in here, my views are strangely similar as yours. One interesting thing is in the past year I have traded your DBS ranked 2,3,4,5. I turned each of those into 2nd round rookie picks. I rinse/repeat this process every year, hitting up the waiver wire early and often has payed off. The only DB I refuse to trade is Roman Harper and he seems to always be near the top at years end. Good stuff, did you ever upload Tatupu? I couldn't find him.
Thanks MS, i agree 100% with you on DB's. You will notice even the best one only has a D.S. of the lowest RB's and WR's i have listed. The best ones are not that much more valuable than the guys ranked in the 20's. They are a dime a dozen like you said, and even guys in the top 10 rarely stay there. I wish i could get guys to give me 2nd round picks for them, i would do it in a second.I have been pretty busy this weekend, but i will update Tatupu and a couple other things by Monday. I actually have to go over the defense as a whole, while i have been updating them for years, i have been a little lazy with them this offseason. Not many drastic changes, but there will some guys moved around.

I love Ray Edwards this year and going forward. He has 44 solos last year and 9 sacks, finishing 6th for DLineman. Not to mention had 8 more tackles, and 4 more sacks in two playoff games. At ony 25 years old, he should have a long career ahead of him.
Right you are - I had lost track of him. Your ranking is good there.

Tick said:
I love Ray Edwards this year and going forward. He has 44 solos last year and 9 sacks, finishing 6th for DLineman. Not to mention had 8 more tackles, and 4 more sacks in two playoff games. At ony 25 years old, he should have a long career ahead of him.
Right you are - I had lost track of him. Your ranking is good there.
He quietly put up good numbrs last year. I wouldnt have noticed either if i didnt go over everything before adjusting a player score on here.

I recently started to add comments, just scroll over a players name to view them.

Some positions are updated, and the rest will be finishe by months end.

You have to send a request to view, i will approve all requests within 24 hours, sorry for the inconvenience.

The offense has been updated, for the most part. I still have a few small adjustments to make, but the scores have been updated. I will only be updating the IDP's every couple/few weeks.

Some of the notable adjusments:

QB's

Leinart is off the list, and replaced by Max Hall.

Bradford moves ahead of Stafford and Kolb.

RB's

Foster moves up 5-7 spots.

Wells and Greene drop a few spots

Mcfadden and Bradshaw move up a few spots. I am still being conservative with Bradshaw, he should be in the top 20 very soon.

Ryan Grant falls, and probably not far enough. I think his starting career is over.

WR's

It seems their are now a top 7 WR's, with a big drop to #8.

Fitz moves out of the top 3.

Garcon falls quite a bit. Not just because of 1 week, i reluctantly had him as high as i did. He showed me in week 1 what i suspected all along, so i dropped him where i thought he should be.

I know Mccluster didnt do much offensively, but it is clear he is a playmaker. He got a nice bump up the rankings.

TE's

The two Pats TE's jump up a bit, but other than that, the TE's havnt moved much.

Out of curiosity, any particular reason why you're keeping it private and making everyone request permission rather than just making it public?

I really like McCluster, but how do you justify him that high? Eddie Royal is a similarly proven playmaker and also has reason for optimism he'll help this year.

Like the strong rankings on Nicks and Mike Williams. Seems pretty tuned in.

Missing more recent hype trains like BMW and Stephen Williams.

Made me send a request for access.
We're sorry, @gmail.com does not have permission to access this spreadsheet.You are signed in as @gmail.com, but that email address doesn't have permission to access this spreadsheet. (Sign in as a different user or request access to this document) Find out more about this topic at the Google Docs Help Center.

Not sure how i can gain access to the spreadsheet. Can't you just post the rankings in this thread? plykab@gmail.com

I really like McCluster, but how do you justify him that high? Eddie Royal is a similarly proven playmaker and also has reason for optimism he'll help this year.Like the strong rankings on Nicks and Mike Williams. Seems pretty tuned in.Missing more recent hype trains like BMW and Stephen Williams.
I might be a bit high on Mccluster, but i love his talent and versatility. It might take him a year or so to really get a handle on the offense, but he could be a huge weapon in that offense if they ever get a real QB. I like Royal as well, i just want to see how things play out with Thomas back. Royal will be in for a boost this week as it looks like him and Thomas could make a nice WR duo for the Broncos.

The offense is updated, minus a few tweaks. The defense is not other than a few tweaks.

Notable changes:

QB:

Vick added #22

Eli Manning moves up to #9

Cutler up to #7

Freeman up to #16

Orton up to #23

Kolb down to #20

Campbell down to #32

RB:

Best moves up to #6

Mccoy up to #13

Bradshaw up to #17

Mcfadden up to #21

Deangelo Williams down to #11

Shonn Greene down to #23

Jacobs down to #45

WR:

Sidney Rice up to #8

Nicks up to #13

Mike Williams up to #25

Eddie Royal up to #31

Michale Crabtree down to #15

Pierre Garcon down to #40

Robert Meachum down to #55

TE

Witten and Clark change places from #4 to 5

Moeaki and Hernandez up to #19 and 20

Scheffler down to #22

You shouldnt need permission to view anymore, thoughts welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread