What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Go deeps Updated Dynasty Rankings (2 Viewers)

Come back Go Deep.Say it ain't so.
Not surprising to me in one respect since he (along with SSOG) play exclusively in free leagues. IMO people who play in free leagues for the most part don't take FF as seriously as those who play for cash - yes, some do, but here we have two people who hold themselves out as experts, do rankings, but then take an extended vacation from FF (6 months+ in the case of SSOG). I play for cash and even during the lockout there was moderate activity in my leagues, lots of trading and waiver wire moves. I can't imagine not even logging in on the shark pool from 2-6 months, but again, I got my hard earned money on the line, so I perhaps I have a different perspective.

'rude classless thugs said:
'Mr. Peterson said:
Come back Go Deep.

Say it ain't so.
Not surprising to me in one respect since he (along with SSOG) play exclusively in free leagues. IMO people who play in free leagues for the most part don't take FF as seriously as those who play for cash - yes, some do, but here we have two people who hold themselves out as experts, do rankings, but then take an extended vacation from FF (6 months+ in the case of SSOG). I play for cash and even during the lockout there was moderate activity in my leagues, lots of trading and waiver wire moves. I can't imagine not even logging in on the shark pool from 2-6 months, but again, I got my hard earned money on the line, so I perhaps I have a different perspective.
I've never taken a vacation from fantasy football. Fantasy football is my vacation from real life. Given my druthers, I'd spend 60 hours a week on it, but unless and until it starts paying the bills, it's always going to come in 3rd on my priority list (behind my family and those aforementioned bills). That's true regardless of how much skin I have in the game.In fact, playing in money leagues wouldn't add any extra motivation for me whatsoever. I know this because I've played in money leagues before. You don't play in as many leagues as I've played in for as long as I've played without getting in any. Nothing high stakes, but I've done a league with a $250 buy-in, a league with a $100 buy-in, and I'm in a running dynasty league with an annual $50 buy-in. I've also gotten invited to the FBG survivor leagues, which don't have a buy-in, but which have a pay-out. And you know what? When I went to check my leagues, those cash leagues were always the last leagues I checked. They were the lowest on my motivational totem pole. I figured if I lost in them, oh well, I just lost some cash- I've lost cash before, and I'll lose it again. I can always get more cash. My friendly leagues, though? Championship banners in those leagues fly forever. We're still talking trash about things that happened a decade ago. Performances in that league live forever. If I lose a game in that league, it affects my lifetime winning percentage for the rest of my life. I'll spend hours researching players before a week 16 game after I've already been eliminated from the playoffs, because I still want that win. That's what motivates me, not cash.

Now, I have no doubt whatsoever that cash is your primary motivator, and there's absolutely no problem with that. The reasons people play are their own, and none are inherently better or worse than any others. With that said, you're demonstrating a textbook case of the false consensus effect. It's a classic cognitive bias whereby we assume that others think and believe in the same manner that we do- we assume that our beliefs are "normal" and widespread throughout the population. For you, money is the prime motivational factor. The false consensus effect then causes you to (erroneously) assume that it's the prime motivational factor for everyone, which leads you to the very logical (to you) conclusion that anyone who doesn't play for money takes fantasy football less seriously than you do. It's a bad conclusion based on flawed assumptions built on faulty mental processes. Just because your seriousness can be measured by your cash commitment does not mean that everyone else's can, too. In fact, I would say that my primary motivator is not money, it's the fact that to a large degree my own sense of identity is inextricably linked with fantasy football. Protection and promotion of identity is perhaps the single most powerful motivational force acting upon humanity, so I think there's a very distinct possibility that I take fantasy football even more seriously than you do. I'm not going to say I definitely take it more seriously, though, because then I'd be falling prey to a cognitive bias of my own- the illusion of asymmetrical insight, which leads me to believe that I am more capable of understanding the thoughts and motivations of others than they are of understanding my own thoughts and motivations.

So... with all that said, if you really feel like you take fantasy football more seriously than Go Deep or I do, you are absolutely free to put your money where your mouth is (to use a figure of speech which seemed apropos) and create your own set of rankings. I don't consider myself a fantasy expert, (whether others consider me such or not). I consider myself a lover of fantasy football who has strong opinions, who puts those opinions out there for public consumption, and for whose opinion an audience has slowly been created. There is nothing stopping you from doing the exact same thing. If you have all these opinions and you take fantasy football so seriously, share those opinions with the rest of the community. I guarantee you that you'd generate your own audience in a hurry, because there's always a market for more opinions. Maybe after a year of creating and publishing rankings, you'd have a better understanding of just what goes into the process and a better respect for the associated costs. And by costs, I'm not talking about dollars and cents.

Now, I have no doubt whatsoever that cash is your primary motivator, and there's absolutely no problem with that. The reasons people play are their own, and none are inherently better or worse than any others. With that said, you're demonstrating a textbook case of the false consensus effect. It's a classic cognitive bias whereby we assume that others think and believe in the same manner that we do- we assume that our beliefs are "normal" and widespread throughout the population. For you, money is the prime motivational factor. The false consensus effect then causes you to (erroneously) assume that it's the prime motivational factor for everyone, which leads you to the very logical (to you) conclusion that anyone who doesn't play for money takes fantasy football less seriously than you do. It's a bad conclusion based on flawed assumptions built on faulty mental processes. Just because your seriousness can be measured by your cash commitment does not mean that everyone else's can, too. In fact, I would say that my primary motivator is not money, it's the fact that to a large degree my own sense of identity is inextricably linked with fantasy football. Protection and promotion of identity is perhaps the single most powerful motivational force acting upon humanity, so I think there's a very distinct possibility that I take fantasy football even more seriously than you do. I'm not going to say I definitely take it more seriously, though, because then I'd be falling prey to a cognitive bias of my own- the illusion of asymmetrical insight, which leads me to believe that I am more capable of understanding the thoughts and motivations of others than they are of understanding my own thoughts and motivations.
:goodposting: The year I won my big money league, I walked home with $1,000 cash. That was really cool.

But I'm in this for the fun and excitement - not the money. I didn't have any more fun that year than I have any other year.

I've never taken a vacation from fantasy football. Fantasy football is my vacation from real life. Given my druthers, I'd spend 60 hours a week on it, but unless and until it starts paying the bills, it's always going to come in 3rd on my priority list (behind my family and those aforementioned bills). That's true regardless of how much skin I have in the game.
In another thread, you said you went the duration of the lockout without an internet connection due to a "kerfuffle" with Comcast. And you didn't log on this site in almost 8 months. If you don't want to use vacation, how about leave of absence? The bottom line is that you (from your own account) were away from anything FF related for 6-8 months. Your credibility took a real hit over that IMO.And going back to an earlier point, if we were to take a poll and ask: "Do people take playing in money leagues or in free leagues more seriously?" - which option would be the clear winner? Most people take just about anything and everything more seriously if money is involved. You may be an exception, but your extended absence from FF suggests otherwise

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never taken a vacation from fantasy football. Fantasy football is my vacation from real life. Given my druthers, I'd spend 60 hours a week on it, but unless and until it starts paying the bills, it's always going to come in 3rd on my priority list (behind my family and those aforementioned bills). That's true regardless of how much skin I have in the game.
In another thread, you said you went the duration of the lockout without an internet connection due to a "kerfuffle" with Comcast. And you didn't log on this site in almost 8 months. If you don't want to use vacation, how about leave of absence? The bottom line is that you (from your own account) were away from anything FF related for 6-8 months. Your credibility took a real hit over that IMO.And going back to an earlier point, if we were to take a poll and ask: "Do people take playing in money leagues or in free leagues more seriously?" - which option would be the clear winner? Most people take just about anything and everything more seriously if money is involved. You may be an exception, but your extended absence from FF suggests otherwise
I take a couple of my free leagues more seriously than a couple of my money leagues.

I take a couple of my free leagues more seriously than a couple of my money leagues.
I am sure you do and I never stated that none of the people who play in free leagues don't take them seriously or as serioulsy as those who play in money leagues. But, the truth is that probably 95% of the people who post here play in money leagues and people in general take things more seriously when money is involved. To take an extended time off from FF for someone in a Dynasty league is a pretty good indication that they don't take it as seriously as those that keep up what with what is going on every day/each week. And to go without an internet connection for 6+ months at the very least suggests that FF is not a big priority in that person's life.

'Mr. Peterson said:
Come back Go Deep.

Say it ain't so.
I've never taken a vacation from fantasy football. Fantasy football is my vacation from real life. Given my druthers, I'd spend 60 hours a week on it, but unless and until it starts paying the bills, it's always going to come in 3rd on my priority list (behind my family and those aforementioned bills). That's true regardless of how much skin I have in the game.In fact, playing in money leagues wouldn't add any extra motivation for me whatsoever. I know this because I've played in money leagues before. You don't play in as many leagues as I've played in for as long as I've played without getting in any. Nothing high stakes, but I've done a league with a $250 buy-in, a league with a $100 buy-in, and I'm in a running dynasty league with an annual $50 buy-in. I've also gotten invited to the FBG survivor leagues, which don't have a buy-in, but which have a pay-out. And you know what? When I went to check my leagues, those cash leagues were always the last leagues I checked. They were the lowest on my motivational totem pole. I figured if I lost in them, oh well, I just lost some cash- I've lost cash before, and I'll lose it again. I can always get more cash. My friendly leagues, though? Championship banners in those leagues fly forever. We're still talking trash about things that happened a decade ago. Performances in that league live forever. If I lose a game in that league, it affects my lifetime winning percentage for the rest of my life. I'll spend hours researching players before a week 16 game after I've already been eliminated from the playoffs, because I still want that win. That's what motivates me, not cash.

So... with all that said, if you really feel like you take fantasy football more seriously than Go Deep or I do, you are absolutely free to put your money where your mouth is (to use a figure of speech which seemed apropos) and create your own set of rankings. I don't consider myself a fantasy expert, (whether others consider me such or not). I consider myself a lover of fantasy football who has strong opinions, who puts those opinions out there for public consumption, and for whose opinion an audience has slowly been created. There is nothing stopping you from doing the exact same thing. If you have all these opinions and you take fantasy football so seriously, share those opinions with the rest of the community. I guarantee you that you'd generate your own audience in a hurry, because there's always a market for more opinions. Maybe after a year of creating and publishing rankings, you'd have a better understanding of just what goes into the process and a better respect for the associated costs. And by costs, I'm not talking about dollars and cents.
:goodposting:

In another thread, you said you went the duration of the lockout without an internet connection due to a "kerfuffle" with Comcast. And you didn't log on this site in almost 8 months. If you don't want to use vacation, how about leave of absence? The bottom line is that you (from your own account) were away from anything FF related for 6-8 months. Your credibility took a real hit over that IMO.

And going back to an earlier point, if we were to take a poll and ask: "Do people take playing in money leagues or in free leagues more seriously?" - which option would be the clear winner? Most people take just about anything and everything more seriously if money is involved. You may be an exception, but your extended absence from FF suggests otherwise
I just vomitted when i read that. Board Credibility, are you really serious??? 2nd grade all over again. Gross, Disgusting, bleh, more vomit."Oh, but Mr. Jones, I am the perfect person to run your company, I got mad board cred!!!" BLEH, BARF, VOMIT.... "Oh baby, don't leave me, I know I am a horrible father and husband, I am cool as I have board cred at FBG and that makes me a cool dude"..... BLEH, BARF, VOMIT...........

And we wonder why the world is going to hell in a hand basket. :(

'Multiple Scores said:
In another thread, you said you went the duration of the lockout without an internet connection due to a "kerfuffle" with Comcast. And you didn't log on this site in almost 8 months. If you don't want to use vacation, how about leave of absence? The bottom line is that you (from your own account) were away from anything FF related for 6-8 months. Your credibility took a real hit over that IMO.

And going back to an earlier point, if we were to take a poll and ask: "Do people take playing in money leagues or in free leagues more seriously?" - which option would be the clear winner? Most people take just about anything and everything more seriously if money is involved. You may be an exception, but your extended absence from FF suggests otherwise
I just vomitted when i read that. Board Credibility, are you really serious??? 2nd grade all over again. Gross, Disgusting, bleh, more vomit."Oh, but Mr. Jones, I am the perfect person to run your company, I got mad board cred!!!" BLEH, BARF, VOMIT.... "Oh baby, don't leave me, I know I am a horrible father and husband, I am cool as I have board cred at FBG and that makes me a cool dude"..... BLEH, BARF, VOMIT...........

And we wonder why the world is going to hell in a hand basket. :(
Speaking of credibility, as I recall in one preseason thread last year you predicted that the Bears could 0-16. Perhaps you have some other insightful predictions you can share with us.

'SSOG said:
Dude, really? Who are you again?

'SSOG said:
Someone who didn't go without internet acesss for over 6 months until the labor dispute was settled and also someone who did not go 8 months without even logging on the shark pool.

'SSOG said:
Someone who didn't go without internet acesss for over 6 months until the labor dispute was settled and also someone who did not go 8 months without even logging on the shark pool.
I think you should read SSOG's contributions in this thread before you criticize his contributions. He's been an intelligent, thoughtful poster in here for a long time.

'SSOG said:
I think you should read SSOG's contributions in this thread before you criticize his contributions. He's been an intelligent, thoughtful poster in here for a long time.
I have and I have not been that impressed and as far I know I am entitled to express an opinion on someone who holds themselves out as an expert (as proven by his Dynasty rankings site) particularly when they go without internet access for over 6 months. And if most people strongly disagree with my opinion - that is fine with me.

The fact that you speak of board cred makes me think your life is lacking in something vital. Worrying or even thinking of board cred leads me to think there are some real issues. If you are 12 or under then disregard my comment.

'SSOG said:
I have and I have not been that impressed and as far I know I am entitled to express an opinion on someone who holds themselves out as an expert (as proven by his Dynasty rankings site) particularly when they go without internet access for over 6 months. And if most people strongly disagree with my opinion - that is fine with me.

'SSOG said:
So if your do much mire dedicated and have all this great cred for checking in the SP daily where is your dynasty ranking web site? Where is all your insight and analysis of players and draft strategies? Like always haters gonna hate.

'SSOG said:
Do you have Asperger syndrome? No one said you didn't have the right to say it.

'SSOG said:
Do you have Asperger syndrome? No one said you didn't have the right to say it.
Hey, he has over 200 posts to his board cred - we obviously have a real contributor here, so everyone best step back and check themselves. I mean seriously what do you got? A mer 20,000 - and SSOG - a mere infant at 11,000+ valuable contributes. [/sarcasm]Nice fishing trip rude and classles (hey, at least the username is dead on). Yes, if you are even remotely suggesting that SSOG (and others) contributions are not worth your time, then leave. If they are then pull up a chair, climb up on his lap and learn something. Sounds to me like someone who just pissing and moaning becuase other people won't do his homework for him. Have a great season rude/classless.

Hey, he has over 200 posts to his board cred - we obviously have a real contributor here, so everyone best step back and check themselves. I mean seriously what do you got? A mer 20,000 - and SSOG - a mere infant at 11,000+ valuable contributes. [/sarcasm]Nice fishing trip rude and classles (hey, at least the username is dead on). Yes, if you are even remotely suggesting that SSOG (and others) contributions are not worth your time, then leave. If they are then pull up a chair, climb up on his lap and learn something. Sounds to me like someone who just pissing and moaning becuase other people won't do his homework for him. Have a great season rude/classless.
:lol: You people are so funny. LHUCKS has over 43,000 posts but does that mean he is a better contributor (by a factor of almost four) than SSOG? If you seriously believe the number of posts has a correlation with the quality of content posted, then is really nothing more to discuss since you are equating quantity with quality (and I don't share that view). Have a good day.

:lol: You people are so funny. LHUCKS has over 43,000 posts but does that mean he is a better contributor (by a factor of almost four) than SSOG? If you seriously believe the number of posts has a correlation with the quality of content posted, then is really nothing more to discuss since you are equating quantity with quality (and I don't share that view). Have a good day.
Jiminy Christmas junior, if you're going to troll at least do it well. Reading is a skill...the good news is, you can still learn it. :thumbup:ETA: I am sure you meant to post a link for your wonderful, well thought out rankings. I must have missed it. Please repost. TIA.

Why would my credibility take a big hit over that? Is my credibility built on a reputation of being available 24/7? I figured my credibility, such that it is, has been built on the success or failure of my projections, on the scalability and applicability of my strategies, and on my willingness to justify, explain, and be held accountable for all of my calls. I fail to see how not showing up during the lockout has an impact on any of those.I've been saying for years that people shouldn't judge my arguments based on how serious they think I am, or based on how frequently I log in, or based on what my member number or post count are. People should judge my arguments on the merits of my arguments. My personal life has no bearing on the merits of my arguments, so I fail to see why it should have any bearing on how anyone judges the merits of my arguments.
You're moving the goalposts, now. You're speaking in the general... and in the general, I agree with the point you're making. Speaking generally, I would agree that money probably tends to correlate with seriousness. If all else was equal, I would assume that more money on the line meant more seriousness. The problem is that all else is never equal. Unless the correlation coefficient is 1 (and it most certainly is not), then using the "general rule" and applying it blindly to all specific instances will result in you drawing a lot of wrong conclusions. For instance, applying the general rule that money = seriousness to the specific instance of me would lead you to conclude that I'm not serious about fantasy football, because I have very little money on the line. And that conclusion is obviously and demonstrably false.You see, "seriousness" is not a single-variable output. If you wanted to best model "seriousness", you'd need to run a multivariate analysis. One variable might be money on the line. Generally speaking, someone who puts a lot of money on the line might be expected to be more serious than someone who doesn't. Another variable might be "number of posts on a fantasy football message board". If all else were equal, someone with, say, 11,749 posts on a fantasy football message board might be expected to be more serious about fantasy football than someone with, say, 221 posts. Another variable might be "years belonging to a fantasy community". If all else was equal, someone who had been involved in a fantasy community since, say, October 15th, 2003 might be expected to be more serious than someone who has been involved since, say, December 7th, 2006. And someone who has a fantasy website might be expected to be more serious than someone who does not. Maybe "number of different football lists someone is a part of on twitter" would positively correlate with seriousness. Maybe "willingness to put his opinions behind his real name instead of relying on a nom de plume" would correlate with seriousness. Maybe "willingness to post rankings for the world to see instead of standing on the sidelines throwing bombs" would correlate with seriousness. I'm pretty sure "amount of time spent on PFR calculating statistics by hand to try to model past or predict future performances" would correlate with seriousness. I bet "willingness to integrate game theory, statistics, cognitive science, and social psychology into working fantasy football strategies" would correlate well with seriousness. As would "willingness to form his own opinions instead of basing his opinions on the work of others (who are offering their advice for free), then getting mad and hurling attacks when his free ride stopped showing up so regularly". And like I said, for me, fantasy football is an issue of identity, and few things are more serious than protection and promotion of identity- it's perhaps the strongest driving force behind human behavior.So, if you plugged all that into a formula and read the output, I have a feeling it'd suggest I'm pretty serious about fantasy football, even if I prefer free leagues and took a 6 month hiatus. But the thing is, whether I'm serious or not shouldn't matter in the first place. If I'm super-serious, it isn't going to make my projections any more accurate or my arguments any more applicable. Either I'm right, or I'm wrong- what I did during the lockout and how much I pay in entry fees don't change that.
I'm not an expert, I'm an entertainer. I have strong opinions. Those opinions frequently lie outside the box or run contrary to general consensus. I'm very good at packaging and presenting those opinions in an appealing manner. I elicit strong reactions. I provide a service that some value, and a market for that service has formed. That doesn't make me an expert any more than it makes Bill Simmons or Colin Cowherd an expert. I make no claims to expertise- which is why I focus so heavily on process. It's why I place such a premium on transparency- I explain my reasoning and let others take it or leave it. I'm under no impression that my reasoning is bulletproof. I'm sure there are plenty of flaws in my processes. I know enough about cognitive biases to know that my reasoning is riddled with errors that I'm incapable of recognizing. That's why I spell my processes out so explicitly- so that others can try to identify what the flaws might be, and then make an informed decisions as to what they will take and what they will leave.

Money is just a way of keeping score.

H. L. Hunt

Money won, is twice as sweet as money earned.

Paul Newman (Color of Money)

SSOG continues to show why he is far and away my favorite poster on this website, and why I take his rankings, and more importantly his opinions and the "why's" of them, into account when making my own rankings or fantasy decisions.

Boooo!You'd better be dead, Deep.
No, thankfully not, but i did have some real life issues to deal with....which i will not go into detail about, although it wasnt anything too serious. I appologize, i know it was probably the worst time to not update the rankings. However, for any of you that are still interested, im in the process of updating the page. The QB's are almost done, and i should have the rest finished by next weekend. I do want to point out that my absence would have been as long wether i played in free leagues or money leagues. Like i have said before, a couple of hundred dollars is not going to make me any more interessted in something i love. I would go into more detail but SSOG expressed my feelings better than i could have already.Anyway, i appologoze again, and like always will be happy to respond to any thoughts you might have about my rankings. Good luck to everyone this season...and happy openiing football weekend!!!!

No, thankfully not, but i did have some real life issues to deal with....which i will not go into detail about, although it wasnt anything too serious. I appologize, i know it was probably the worst time to not update the rankings. However, for any of you that are still interested, im in the process of updating the page. The QB's are almost done, and i should have the rest finished by next weekend. I do want to point out that my absence would have been as long wether i played in free leagues or money leagues. Like i have said before, a couple of hundred dollars is not going to make me any more interessted in something i love. I would go into more detail but SSOG expressed my feelings better than i could have already.Anyway, i appologoze again, and like always will be happy to respond to any thoughts you might have about my rankings. Good luck to everyone this season...and happy openiing football weekend!!!!
:goodposting: :thumbup:

I don't know how you can have Green-Ellis, Ryan Grant, Pierre Thomas, and Ryan Torain behind these guys:

Noel Divine

Evan Royster

Deji Karim

Stevan Ridley

Jordan Todman

Dion Lewis

Reggie Bush
In my next update I am going to make a small adjustment that involves betetans getting a small boost in their current score and their next years score will reflect whose value is in for a drop. Even with that though, out won't make that big of a difference since we are only talking a point or two increase.All the guys you listed are basically worthless, but at the very least I am less sure that the young guys won't be valuable in the future.

At best Ryan Grant had ove season left of splitting carries. Worst case scenario he never fully recovers from his injury and barely plays at all(or gets cut).

Pierre Thomas could hasn't some value to the Ingram owner, but barring an injury to Ingram he has very little value. Even if Ingram does get hurt, Thomas would still likely split carries with Ivory.

BJGE and Torain are journeymen RBs and are find anything more than temporary fillers until the team gets someone better. Both teams took two RBs in the craft, not exactly a good sign for a couple of players who are at best backup RBs.

To be completely honest, I would probably trade all four of those vets for just Dion Lewis.
:rolleyes:

really Grant, Thomas, BJGE and torrain for a 5th round draftee who has a young star infront of him on the depth chart...
Yes, talent always rises to the top, and i think Lewis is plenty talented. He will eventually get a shot somewhere, which makes him alot more valuable than those 4 players.

With the exception of rookie contracts, the QB's are finished. Too much movement since my last update to list all the changes, but here are a few of them:

Michael Vick, up, yes, im coming around a bit more on him after a trouble free offseason and more importantly a huge contract.I still dont trust him long term, and dont like him as much as most, but there is no denying his talent

Mathew Stafford, up, he is a top 5 dynasty QB....if he can saty healthy. Since i am not big on the "injury prone" label, especially for QB's, i like his chances of staying healthy almost as much as any non running QB.

Joe Flacco, up, i dont want to overreact to one game, but i just get the feeling that Flacco is "there".

Cam Newton, up, of course he is after throwing for more than 400 yards in his debut. Im not as optomistic as some seem to be about him. The Cardinals are not much better than some of the teams Newton was playing against last year. However, good players beat up on bad teams, and thats what Newton did yesterday. (I would be selling in dynasty leagues....if you can get someone like Bradford for him)

Peyton Manning, down, for obvious reasons. I still think he has 3-4 more top 5 QB seasons in him, but it isnt nearly the sure thing it was 6 months ago.

Josh Freeman, down, he only moved down a couple points as i already had him pretty low to beign with, but yesterdays game only seems to confirm what i thought all offseason.

Tim Tebow, down, last time i updated my rankings there were alot of people who thought i had him too low. It appears i didnt have him low enough.

by the way......Ryan Fitzpatrick rules!!! ;)

Thoughts?

With the exception of rookie contracts, the QB's are finished. Too much movement since my last update to list all the changes, but here are a few of them:

Michael Vick, up, yes, im coming around a bit more on him after a trouble free offseason and more importantly a huge contract.I still dont trust him long term, and dont like him as much as most, but there is no denying his talent

Mathew Stafford, up, he is a top 5 dynasty QB....if he can saty healthy. Since i am not big on the "injury prone" label, especially for QB's, i like his chances of staying healthy almost as much as any non running QB.

Joe Flacco, up, i dont want to overreact to one game, but i just get the feeling that Flacco is "there".

Cam Newton, up, of course he is after throwing for more than 400 yards in his debut. Im not as optomistic as some seem to be about him. The Cardinals are not much better than some of the teams Newton was playing against last year. However, good players beat up on bad teams, and thats what Newton did yesterday. (I would be selling in dynasty leagues....if you can get someone like Bradford for him)

Peyton Manning, down, for obvious reasons. I still think he has 3-4 more top 5 QB seasons in him, but it isnt nearly the sure thing it was 6 months ago.

Josh Freeman, down, he only moved down a couple points as i already had him pretty low to beign with, but yesterdays game only seems to confirm what i thought all offseason.

Tim Tebow, down, last time i updated my rankings there were alot of people who thought i had him too low. It appears i didnt have him low enough.

Thoughts?
It obviously depends on league scoring rules, your other options at QB, etc. but I personally wouldn't trade Cam for Sam Bradford in most formats, especially if passing TDs are 4 points (1 for 25 passing as opposed to 1 for 20 passing also increases Cam's comparative value). I'm not even sure its that close, especially with Bradford's injury history. And that's not to say I don't like Bradford, its just that Cam has the potential to be a MUCH better fantasy QB than Sam does. In Sam's 17 starts, he's never had one where he got anywhere near putting up the same amount of points that Cam did in his 1st start.

In addition, having watched all of Carolina's preseason games when Cam was in and obviously against Arizona, its clear Newton is basically the goal line RB when they get inside the 3 yard line. The guy is going to rush for 10 TDs every year, maybe more. He probably rushers for 500 yards or so also (though he didn't run a ton vs. Arizona). That means Cam is starting out with 100 fantasy points more than Sam B. just from his rushing stats and I don't see how Bradford makes up that deficit in the passing game.

I'll also add this, and its mostly irrelevant to long-term dynasty rankings, but Carolina's D is going to be atrocious without Jon Beason. It was bad with him even. So Carolina is going to be down in a lot of games and be forced to air it out which will lead to a lot of passing yards and a lot of scrambling opportunities against prevent defenses. I think Cam is going to be a QB1 as a rookie.

It makes me so happy that you're back!! Thanks for all of your hard work!

Any consideration to dropping Stewart? It seems as if it's going to be the Cam Newton show in Carolina, and whatever is leftover for the RBs is going to be split with DWill. #7 seems awfully high for him now.

Thoughts?
yo Deep,any idea when you'd be updating your RB and WR rankings in your spreadsheet. Still looks like old rankings to me at least.

tia

ETA: I held onto Fitzpatrick in my dynasty league and am now trying to package his top-6 QB ranking (in my league's scoring) along with a couple of other 2nd tier RBs for a better, win-now RB like Gore. So, yes, I'm digging Fitzpatrick as well!

if we were to take a poll and ask: "Do people take playing in money leagues or in free leagues more seriously?" - which option would be the clear winner?
I have no idea what the final result of a poll would be. For me personally, if I could only play in one league it would be in a free friends and family league with a low $25 buy in. The money is completely secondary to the enjoyment, camraderie and competition among friends. And yes, I do take ff seriously.

Why would someones reputation take a hit based off of not being on? shouldn't it be based off of there actual opinions and the type of work they have put out there? I'm currently playing in 5 leagues which are all money. Two dynasties that are $75 a piece and I play in two redraft leagues one of them being $100 , the other being $200. I'm on my dynasty leagues every single day and have logged more hours then I even wanna know lol. What makes me gravitate to that league so much is how educated everyone is and the conversation that goes on in the league chat. I go on my redraft leagues a few times a week to do waivers, set my lineup and obviously watch the scores on sundays. I'm 9-1 and 7-2 in my redrafts....2-8 and 3-7 in the dynasties. I could care less about the money. To be honest I could care less about wins and losses. The most important(and fun) thing to me in fantasy football is evaluating talent correctly and seeing talent before a breakout or before its commonly known. I think thats what has driven me to the crazy fantasy football life im currently living lol. Starring at stats for endless hours, checking player targets, looking for trends and potential opportunities, listening to multiple podcasts and watching ungodly amounts of college football just to get a sneak peak on the future talent. . That is what fantasy football is all about. After I began realizing how much luck was actually involved in any given week(the reason I made the buy low theory thread) I fully separated myself from caring about the result. Living your life basing everything on the result is going to give you more frustration then its worth.

Why would someones reputation take a hit based off of not being on? shouldn't it be based off of there actual opinions and the type of work they have put out there? I'm currently playing in 5 leagues which are all money. Two dynasties that are $75 a piece and I play in two redraft leagues one of them being $100 , the other being $200. I'm on my dynasty leagues every single day and have logged more hours then I even wanna know lol. What makes me gravitate to that league so much is how educated everyone is and the conversation that goes on in the league chat. I go on my redraft leagues a few times a week to do waivers, set my lineup and obviously watch the scores on sundays. I'm 9-1 and 7-2 in my redrafts....2-8 ainnd 3-7 in the dynasties. I could care less about the money. To be honest I could care less about wins and losses. The most important(and fun) thing to me in fantasy football is evaluating talent correctly and seeing talent before a breakout or before its commonly known. I think thats what has driven me to the crazy fantasy football life im currently living lol. Starring at stats for endless hours, checking player targets, looking for trends and potential opportunities, listening to multiple podcasts and watching ungodly amounts of college football just to get a sneak peak on the future talent. . That is what fantasy football is all about. After I began realizing how much luck was actually involved in any given week(the reason I made the buy low theory thread) I fully separated myself from caring about the result. Living your life basing everything on the result is going to give you more frustration then its worth.
You should learn to use a paragraph break, I don't have the attention span to read through 15 lines of a densely worded paragraph. In any event here is when these posters who play in free leagues and haven't updated their rankings in months were last on this site.
Go deep

Group:MembersActive Posts:4,103Joined:27-April 03

Last Active: Sep 17 2011 05:24 PM
SSOG

Group:MembersActive Posts:11,825Joined:15-October 03

Last Active: Sep 25 2011 12:08PM
04-06-12 edit:SSOG has been located. He is posting under the alias Synesthesia. Writing styles are as unique as fingerprints and there couldn't be two people who are that verbose and also have the personality of a pedantic college professor.

I won't bump this thread as I want to see how long he keeps up the Synesthesia charade. More fun just to watch. :popcorn:

Meanwhile Go Deep is still among the missing, last seen in September.

Users who are viewing this thread