What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL - SEC 12 - 0 *** (5 Viewers)

OU really really needs a different D coordinator. This is beyond unacceptable. Cincy drove 80 yards in a minute. WOW that is embarrasing, no pass rush, and the defense as a whole just running around with their hands on their hips. I thought one of the earlier games would have woke up the defense, but it doesn't seem to have sunk in. The only emotion I saw tonight was on the sideline by an assistant coach getting an unsportsmanlike penalty.

There is no way this team is going to win all their road games, Mizzou or A&M or Okie State will beat them.

First things first though, Texas next week. Since I moved to Texas losing to Texas hurts much worse than it did before. Hopefully they can put an entire game together, the talent and determination is there but the execution is suspect.

Kenny Stills is going to be one of the greatest WRs in OU history when its all said and done. This guy is the real deal, holy crap he's good. :blackdot:
For being a true freshman, he is amazingly aware and poised. He's going to be something else by the time he's through here. I wouldn't be too surprised if he moves into the slot after Broyles is gone (which will hopefully not be after this year).

T-shirt Longhorn fan is wearing something else this week, haven't heard a peep from anyone in my office where there are 100+ Longhorn fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaz Reynolds is officially a moron:

Jaz Reynolds suspended indefinitely for Twitter comments

Posted by NewsOK.com Sports Staffon September 29, 2010M at 3:02 pm Sophomore receiver Jaz Reynolds was suspended indefinitely from the team Wednesday, after he posted derogatory “tweets” shortly after a gunman opened fire at the University of Texas. Here’s what he said:

"Hey everyone in Austin, tx…….kill yourself #evillaugh."

"Everyone in austin, tx disregard that last tweet….y’all will mess around n do it lmao."

Here is Bob Stoops’ statement on Reynolds:

"Because of his insensitive remarks on Twitter relative to Tuesday’s tragedy in Austin, we have suspended Jaz Reynolds from our team indefinitely. Our rivalry with Texas will not come at the expense of dignity and respect. We have great concern for what happened in Austin and I am incredibly disappointed that someone connected with our team would react so callously. We have taken immediate action and I hope by doing so have illustrated how seriously we view this matter."
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b68TY :bag:

Posted by NewsOK.com Sports Staffon September 29, 2010M at 3:02 pm Sophomore receiver Jaz Reynolds was suspended indefinitely from the team Wednesday, after he posted derogatory “tweets” shortly after a gunman opened fire at the University of Texas. Here’s what he said:

"Everyone in austin, tx disregard that last tweet….y’all will mess around n do it lmao."

"Because of his insensitive remarks on Twitter relative to Tuesday’s tragedy in Austin, we have suspended Jaz Reynolds from our team indefinitely. Our rivalry with Texas will not come at the expense of dignity and respect. We have great concern for what happened in Austin and I am incredibly disappointed that someone connected with our team would react so callously. We have taken immediate action and I hope by doing so have illustrated how seriously we view this matter."
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b68TY
I chalk that up to immaturity, and as a UT alum, appreciate the way Stoops handled it. A life lesson for the kid.This is the least confident I have been heading into this game. Our offense is the least fearful it has been in a decade. Gilbert doesn't seem to have "it", no swagger, no moxy. This will be a good time to show something, because he has shown me zilch. Our defense is extremely fast and the defensive line is strong and fast, but UCLA tore through it last weekend. My only hope is that last weekend was a huge wake up call and the horns will be ready to play. Good luck.

:thanks:

:thumbup:

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b68TY
I chalk that up to immaturity, and as a UT alum, appreciate the way Stoops handled it. A life lesson for the kid.This is the least confident I have been heading into this game. Our offense is the least fearful it has been in a decade. Gilbert doesn't seem to have "it", no swagger, no moxy. This will be a good time to show something, because he has shown me zilch. Our defense is extremely fast and the defensive line is strong and fast, but UCLA tore through it last weekend. My only hope is that last weekend was a huge wake up call and the horns will be ready to play. Good luck.

:boxing:

:popcorn:
I think OU fans are hoping the Cincy game did the same for the Sooners.

Looks like all the Horn honks are saying that even though they think Texas kinda stinks, OU stinks too. They talked about the Utah State and Cincy games all week, no one said anything about FSU.

OU comes to play tomorrow and they are the better team. :thumbup:

I hope that OU learns to step on the opponents neck this week. Tired of seeing big leads dwindled in the final minutes of OU's games.

I think Landry Jones unfortunately takes some heat for not being Sam Bradford, but who is Sam Bradford? Jones can be as effective as Josh Heupel or Jason White and he is growing with each passing game.

4th quarters have been ugly this year, that one almost got downright disasterous.

Good effort by Millard, Dewan Miller and Kenny Stills today and the secondary played well especially in the clutch. Good win, a week off and then Iowa State before they hit the meaty part of the schedule.

4th quarters have been ugly this year, that one almost got downright disasterous. Good effort by Millard, Dewan Miller and Kenny Stills today and the secondary played well especially in the clutch. Good win, a week off and then Iowa State before they hit the meaty part of the schedule.
Yes, I find myself dreading the 4th quarter every game this year. I have came to the conclusion that I am not a Kevin Wilson fan. Officially starting the Huepel for OC bandwagon.

4th quarters have been ugly this year, that one almost got downright disasterous. Good effort by Millard, Dewan Miller and Kenny Stills today and the secondary played well especially in the clutch. Good win, a week off and then Iowa State before they hit the meaty part of the schedule.
Yes, I find myself dreading the 4th quarter every game this year. I have came to the conclusion that I am not a Kevin Wilson fan. Officially starting the Huepel for OC bandwagon.
I don't like Wilson either but he had a great plan for the first few drives. He's terrible in game though and Stoops is not the greatest of offensive minds. I have been hoping Wilson would get a job as a HC somewhere. I just bought Big XII Championship game tickets. I don't think OU will cruise from here but I do think they have about a 75 percent chance of making the Big XII Championship game because OSU and A&M are gonna have two losses by the end of the year and Tech is terrible.

4th quarters have been ugly this year, that one almost got downright disasterous.

Good effort by Millard, Dewan Miller and Kenny Stills today and the secondary played well especially in the clutch. Good win, a week off and then Iowa State before they hit the meaty part of the schedule.
I don't like Wilson either but he had a great plan for the first few drives. He's terrible in game though and Stoops is not the greatest of offensive minds. I have been hoping Wilson would get a job as a HC somewhere. I just bought Big XII Championship game tickets. I don't think OU will cruise from here but I do think they have about a 75 percent chance of making the Big XII Championship game because OSU and A&M are gonna have two losses by the end of the year and Tech is terrible.
Me 2. What is your opinion on the idea of Huepel taking over the play calling duties? I had the same wish about Wilson going elsewhere but I do not see that happing anytime in the next few years. I believe Venebles will get a job before Wilson.

Me 2. What is your opinion on the idea of Huepel taking over the play calling duties? I had the same wish about Wilson going elsewhere but I do not see that happing anytime in the next few years. I believe Venebles will get a job before Wilson.
Where did you get them? I just got what ticketmaster had left at $75 just to get in, upper deck corners row 4. The ticket brokers already sucked up all the tickets and now have them at a 40% premium so given the circumstances I figured this was the smart move. For baseball and NHL games I have to have good seats but for college football just getting in is fine with me. If I just bought tickets for an OU/Nebraska game, I think I got a good deal. I don't know about Huepel but he is getting a lot more input these days so I'm guessing he has a firm grasp of what Stoops has in mind for the playcalling. Again I think Wilson has a good plan early but he's not good at halftime adjustments as this year demonstrates, and there are times that I think he slows the team down. They should have won the Florida game, and they didn't because Wilson couldn't adjust on the fly in the 2nd and 4th quarters.

Doctor Detroit said:
LMF said:
Doctor Detroit said:
LMF said:

Where did you get them? I just got what ticketmaster had left at $75 just to get in, upper deck corners row 4. The ticket brokers already sucked up all the tickets and now have them at a 40% premium so given the circumstances I figured this was the smart move. For baseball and NHL games I have to have good seats but for college football just getting in is fine with me. If I just bought tickets for an OU/Nebraska game, I think I got a good deal. I don't know about Huepel but he is getting a lot more input these days so I'm guessing he has a firm grasp of what Stoops has in mind for the playcalling. Again I think Wilson has a good plan early but he's not good at halftime adjustments as this year demonstrates, and there are times that I think he slows the team down. They should have won the Florida game, and they didn't because Wilson couldn't adjust on the fly in the 2nd and 4th quarters.
I got them through TicketMaster but I did it Thursday when they came out. I got the $80 tickets plus taxes it came out to around 97 a ticket. On the South Team side on the 20 yrd line second deck. Yeah, I know I can easily get my money back out of them if OU doesn't end up going. I paid more than that to go to KC a few years ago and it wasn't as good as seats and I froze my bejeba's off. About Wilson, yeah, I agree about the first of the game planning. It seems to me that Wilson has the first 25 or so plays planned because of the screens then the fake screens draw plays. But after that it's like they change their gameplan and cant make adjustments to the Defense playing Bump and Run.

Some BCS nerd said if the rankings came out this week here would be the standings:

1. Oregon

2. TCU

3. OU

4. OSU

5. LSU

I think they said Nebraska 6th.

ESPN has Boise projected first then the teams above in that order. Not sure how these other nerds left Boise out.

Iowa State this week, would be nice to see them just pound the Cyclones.

Driving down this weekend for what should be a blowout just so I can see Finch's first game in person. Most anticipated debut since Peterson imo.

Driving down this weekend for what should be a blowout just so I can see Finch's first game in person. Most anticipated debut since Peterson imo.
Impressive first appearance for Finch getting 35 yards on his first drive. He looks like the object you shoot out of a cannon, wow. :thumbup:

Broyles with the single game record for receptions with 15 now, Finch looks great. Stoops about to go to 70-2 at home.

Let's see Drew Allen and all the back-ups now please.

ETA: Murray breaks the all-time OU TD record. Congrats!

Missed game last night, but I have it on the DVR. Waiting for the BCS rankings to come out, I think OU will be ranked 2nd or 3rd. I think OU just has to handle their business. Heard that College Game Day is going to be in Columbia for the next OU game. another tough test for the Sooners.

I like being #1 in the BCS, anytime that happens...but this is a young team who doesn't really need that kind of pressure. Good thing for them is Mizzou is 11th so they can't play that "superunderdog" shtick this weekend, they are 6-0 at home and 11th ranked.

Gonna be a tough game though, Mizzou offense is pretty good and their defense has played well above expectations. I was complementing them and telling people before the season they would be tough, they certainly are to this point.

Having Finch will make a difference down the stretch. If the running game gets bogged down you can throw him in there as a change of pace guy who can break the big one. Defense needs to step up next week, and they've looked good after a couple of shaky performances against Utah State and Cincy in particular.

Gonna be interesting.

BOOMER!

The BCS rankings are out. Lo and behold, the Sooners are the No. 1 team in the nation, but their supremacy is up for debate.

OU is undefeated at 6-0 and has beaten two top-25 programs. It boasts an offense that averages 458.3 yards of total offense per game and a defense allowing less than 20 points per game.

OU is equipped with a three-headed monster on offense: sophomore quarterback Landry Jones, junior wide receiver Ryan Broyles and senior running back DeMarco Murray.

On defense, redshirt freshman linebacker Tom Wort and junior linebacker Travis Lewis have been a revelation. The two have combined for 96 tackles and three sacks.

There is no question this is a good OU football team, but good doesn’t necessarily translate to great.

OU had close wins over Utah State and Cincinnati. Both teams will be hard pressed to become bowl eligible.

The Sooners are helped as much as any Southeastern Conference, Big Ten, Atlantic Coastal Conference, Big East or Pac-10 team by playing in the Big 12.

The Sooners are privy to a level of respect from the BCS that other unbeaten teams like TCU and Boise State may never obtain.

Last season, Boise State entered the BCS rankings undefeated as the No. 4 team in the country. It finished the season undefeated, but finished sixth in the BCS rankings behind one-loss Texas and one-loss Florida.

The Sooners are benefiting from a slanted BCS system that only makes the rich richer. OU jumped from No. 3 in the AP poll to No. 1 in the BCS through a shoddy computer ranking system and biased pollsters who admittedly do not have time to watch every team.

The BCS rankings formula includes six computer programs, including one made by native Oklahoman Richard Billingsley that doesn’t even have Missouri in the top 25. Yes, Billingsley’s rankings don’t have those same undefeated Missouri Tigers who are ranked No. 11 in the BCS rankings.

However, the BCS has put OU in a precarious position for the rest of the season: the driver’s seat.

If the Sooners win their remaining six regular season games and the Big 12 championship, the BCS has assured them a spot in the national title game.

However, if they lose just one, they have opened themselves up for criticism and ridicule and will have to put aside their national title aspirations.

Since the BCS’ inaugural season in 1998, the team that has started out atop the rankings has played in the national title game six times and won it just twice. No, pressure Stoops

Well this sucks. Miller has really been a solid receiver this year coming up with the big catches in critical situations.

Oklahoma junior wide receiver Dejuan Miller is out for the season with a tear in the meniscus of his right knee, the University announced Thursday.

Miller suffered the injury during Tuesday’s practice. He’s expected to undergo surgery on the knee next week.

The loss of Miller is a huge blow to the Sooner offense.

The New Jersey native had emerged as OU’s No. 3 wideout, and was beginning to play the best ball of his career. In wins over Cincinnati and Texas, Miller totaled eight catches for 127 receiving yards.

With Miller out, the Sooners likely will turn to senior Cameron Kenney to fill Miller’s spot in the starting lineup.

Kenney started the season strong, reeling in four passes for 73 yards and a touchdown in the win over Florida State.

But lately, a case of the drops coupled with Miller’s emergence has trimmed Kenney’s playing time. He hasn’t had a catch since Sept. 25 at Cincinnati.
Read more: http://www.newsok.com/oklahomas-dejuan-mil...n#ixzz1326roVEi

Ryan Broyles just isn't right but he's really sucked it up to be a integral part of the offense. Finch and Millard both look great and the defense has played about as well as hoped so far. Special teams still an issue, not having a kicker in a game like this sucks.

Looks like Quinton Carter will be fine after being taken off the field last night. OU can ill afford to lose either he or Nelson and the defense has just given up too many big plays. No push at the line of scrimmage last night, very little pressure on the QB as Alexander was invisible and Beal was held in check. Where the hell is McFarland? By far the most disappointing of the young guys. Hurst, Jefferson and Colvin all were on the field a lot last night, two more freshman and a sophomore. Wort is gonna be a beast.

Millard, Stills, Finch (what a great catch on that screen pass last night) and the freshman offensive lineman played well again, OU has seven underclassmen on offense at any given point in a game. They could have still won that game; two redzone turnovers, a missed FG, KR for a TD and another Jones pass in the flat that shouldn't have been thrown. Mizzou had a great plan to attack the short passing lanes and with Broyles hobbled, it was tough to get deep looks. They also dropped a lot of balls, including Broyles dropping a TD pass. Jones is still just a sophomore, he is gonna make mistakes and he has to have his teammates pick him up.

Time to cut bait with Stevens.

Colorado next then three of their last four on the road, two against ranked opponents (OSU, Baylor). Big 12 Championship game and BCS is within our control and this year was supposed to be a launching point for next year where the team will have a perfect mix of talent, veterans and young guys with experience. Thing is they still can have a fantastic season, lots of overreaction to the loss last night which surprised me.

OU will play MO again in the B12 championship game ( I think Mo handles Nebraska next week). If we get another shot at them OU wins by 20. Go Sooners!!

Going for two is pretty indefensible in my opinion. Get it to one score, kick it deep and play defense. No reason to force yourself into an onside kick there. Punting after the game is over I could care less about.

Many a true fan has loudly -- and sometimes drunkenly -- proclaimed that they will fight for and support their team until the last breath is ripped from their body.  One man last night grabbed that "stay true to your school" concept and spooned the hell out of it as he lay strapped to his highly-lethal and heavily-guarded deathbed.

Jeffrey Landrigan was scheduled to be executed Tuesday night for the 1990 armed robbery and strangulation of an Arizona man.  Landrigan had escaped from an Oklahoma prison in 1989, where he was already serving time for second-degree murder.

Hours after dining on a succulent on-the-house last meal of steak, fried okra, french fries, strawberry ice cream and a Dr. Pepper -- the okra was to die for -- the convicted killer, as is customary, was given the opportunity to say a few final words before departing this mortal coil via lethal injection.

Following the execution, a prison official gave an account as to what exactly it was Landrigan decided to utter as the game clock of life was ticking down to double zeros.

"Well, I'd like to say 'thank you' to my family for being here and all of my friends. Boomer Sooner."

[tosses microphone]

[dies]

Somewhere, the whole of Sooner Nation is cringing in unison at the thought that their beloved fight song will now be a national headline/punchline for the next couple of days because some scumbag decided to remain a dyed-in-the-wool superfan until the last possible second.  Or they'll be giving it a big, hearty thumbs down.  One of the two.

Yeah I saw that earlier in the week, pretty creepy.

Landry Jones with a career high 450+ yards passing, they've done just about everything right in this game. Defense has looked awesome outside the 51 yard pass play. They really need to do this on the road though, and they have three road games, two of them with ranked teams, in these last four games.

At A&M next week, a game I worried about since week 1. They played much better today at Techa Tech with Tannehill in there, but they still make a ton of mistakes.

The Baylor road game which I will be at, actually looks like it might be a tough game. We'll see, they are playing with confidence but they still really haven't beat anyone.

####, Finch hurt his hand. :football:

ETA: Damn, now Calhoun is really hurt. Broken fibula maybe? Didn't look good. Finch was on the sideline and not getting treatment, so I guess that is good. They didn't put him back in though. OU has a ton of depth at RB but Finch in particular is important this year.

ETA 2: Brennan Clay looks great! Millard, Stills, Clay, Finch and we haven't even see Blake Bell yet (redshirt)! On that note, I like Allen as a back-up. Really smart kid, good form and looks like he can make all the throws. The offensive talent on this team is incredible, the next two years they are going to just roll.

Big 12 Championship game and BCS is within our control and this year
Are you saying a BCS game in general, or are you saying the NC game? I don't think it's impossible to get to the NC game, but it's not in OU's control at this point. I think they'd need for the SEC East to win their championship game to have a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread