Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL 2021***

SHIZNITTTT

Big 12 Championship game and BCS is within our control and this year

Are you saying a BCS game in general, or are you saying the NC game? I don't think it's impossible to get to the NC game, but it's not in OU's control at this point. I think they'd need for the SEC East to win their championship game to have a shot.
He's saying Fiesta Bowl/At-large. OU could win every remaining game 50-0 and still not get back to the Top 2 if Auburn & Oregon keep winning.

Yes, I was talking Fiesta Bowl which they do control. I think it's an important goal because getting there means winning the Big XII.

Noteable

# Sophomore running back Jermie Calhoun tore his ACL in his right knee and another ligament and is lost for the remainder of the season.

# Defensive end Price Macon worked a lot at tackle, a move made this week to shore up depth as Daniel Noble and Casey Walker remain sidelined.

# Broyles’ 81-yard catch and run was the longest of his career, better than the 77-yarder at Washington in 2008. The completion to Broyles was also Landry Jones’ longest, eclipsing a 67-yarder last season against Texas A&M.

# Javon Harris’ blocked punt out of the end zone in the second quarter was the 14th safety of the Bob Stoops era.

# Tight end James Hanna’s 5-yard TD reception marked the fourth consecutive game he’s caught a scoring pass.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10/31/25...l#ixzz13yeJXLGj

Are you saying a BCS game in general, or are you saying the NC game? I don't think it's impossible to get to the NC game, but it's not in OU's control at this point. I think they'd need for the SEC East to win their championship game to have a shot.
He's saying Fiesta Bowl/At-large. OU could win every remaining game 50-0 and still not get back to the Top 2 if Auburn & Oregon keep winning.
ESPN's guru was saying today that he wouldn't be surprised if OU jumped Alabama to 5th in the BCS.I don't see that holding up though if UA wins out.

Yeah, of course. Even if Alabama beats Auburn, it probably puts Alabama above OU.I wonder how a 1-loss OU stacks up against undefeated TCU and Boise, though. Even Utah, I guess - having them beat Air Force hurts the computer score for OU a bit.

Yeah, of course. Even if Alabama beats Auburn, it probably puts Alabama above OU.I wonder how a 1-loss OU stacks up against undefeated TCU and Boise, though. Even Utah, I guess - having them beat Air Force hurts the computer score for OU a bit.
Well SOS is determined by opponents record, and opponent's opponents record so Air Force losing to Utah, TCU and San Diego State doesn't hurt a whole lot. I'm really not worried at all about any of that or I'd add more but OU has three road games in their last four, two against ranked opponents. Then they would have a game against Nebraska in the Big XII Championship game. That's a big hill to climb.

Well SOS is determined by opponents record, and opponent's opponents record so Air Force losing to Utah, TCU and San Diego State doesn't hurt a whole lot. I'm really not worried at all about any of that or I'd add more but OU has three road games in their last four, two against ranked opponents. Then they would have a game against Nebraska in the Big XII Championship game. That's a big hill to climb.
True. It would be good for Nebraska's final game to be against OU in a conference championship game (and for OU to win).

Any news on Finch's hand?

I guess no news is good news. Did you see this article?

NORMAN — Oklahoma freshman running back Roy Finch grew up the way he now carries the football.

OU running back Roy Finch and his 'video game-esque' moves getting more playing time

Always bouncing around.

Good thing for the Sooners, he bounced through Oklahoma along the way.

Going into tonight's clash with Colorado, Finch has electrified Sooner fans in just two games.

Electrified his teammates, too.

"He's fun to watch and he's obviously fun to block for,” said guard Gabe Ikard, who calls Finch's moves "video game-esque.”

"I'm excited to block for him in the future. He's going to be a great back.”

Through two games in a backup role behind senior DeMarco Murray, Finch has racked up 151 rushing yards, averaging a whopping 6.0 yards per carry. They were performances that have warranted getting him more playing time.

While generating the consensus belief he's OU's back of the future.

"He'll continue to get more and more opportunities,” said coach Bob Stoops.

As good as he's been, it's scary to think how far along Finch might be now had he not suffered a hairline fracture in his ankle during OU's final preseason scrimmage.

"You can tell the ankle is not completely back,” Ikard said. "In two-a-days, he did some things that you can't even imagine people can do with his cuts.”

The fracture caused Finch to sit out the first five games of the season. Even this week, Finch admits he's not yet fully healed.

"I'm still 85 to 90 percent,” Finch said. "It still kind of bothers me when I am on the field. But whenever you are playing you don't really think about it, and you don't feel it until after the game.”

But in just a few runs at Missouri, Finch showed that at 85 or 90 percent, he's still one heck of a back.

His first carry of the game, Finch went 17 yards. Then five. Then eight. Using speed to break into the open field. Then surprising power for a 180-pound back to tack on a couple of extra yards.

"I was really impressed with how he uses speed, then uses power,” Ikard said. "He's got great vision, he's explosive. You can always see he runs away from color. But I was really impressed with how he finished his runs.

"He's just a little ball of power.”

Considering Finch spent most of his childhood years in Maryland, and graduated high school in Niceville, Fla., the Sooners are fortunate to have landed such a prized talent.

Finch's father, Corey, is a family doctor in the Air Force. That job brought the Finch family to the Oklahoma City area when Corey was transferred to Tinker Air Force Base for almost two years before later being assigned to a base in Florida (Corey is scheduled to be transferred back to Tinker in February).

While in town, Finch enrolled at Edmond North High School, where he starred his sophomore year of football.

"When I came here, Oklahoma became my favorite team,” said Finch, who watched the Sooners defeat Miami and Texas A&M in 2007 at Owen Field. "If I hadn't lived here, I probably wouldn't know anything about Oklahoma.”

Ever since he stepped on campus, the Sooner coaches all have said Finch reminds them of ex-OU running back Quentin Griffin, fifth on the school's all-time career rushing list.

And not just because Finch, too, is 5-foot-8. Or wears Griffin's number 22 jersey.

"Roy looks great,” said offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson. "He's a smart guy, but the other night we kept worrying about what he could handle — he's only had two weeks back on task. But he didn't have a bust at all.

"So he's handling it good. ... and the more he plays, the better he will get.”

Said Ikard: "Give him a little more time.

"I'm telling you, he's going to be something really special.”

Read more: http://newsok.com/time-to-see-more-roy-fin...8#ixzz1450eBTng

OU's Broyles wants one more year

By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer

Published: 11/1/2010 2:22 AM

Last Modified: 11/1/2010 6:07 AM

Ryan Broyles gave Oklahoma football fans an early, uh, Halloween present on Saturday night.

Not his school-record 208 receiving yards. Not his three touchdowns. Not even the 81-yard TD bomb that was the longest pass play of Bob Stoops' tenure.

Broyles' gift following the Sooners' 43-10 victory over Colorado was bigger than all those combined.

"You know, people have compared me to Mark Clayton from the beginning," said Broyles, a fourth-year junior from Norman. "I feel like that's what I had to do, fill his shoes. I have a whole other year left, and I'm just gonna make the best of it."

Wait, does that mean he intends to be catching passes for OU next year and not some NFL team? He would likely be a high draft pick and make good money. How certain is he with as many as six games left this season?

"Oh, I know I've got another year left," he said.

He has until Jan. 15 (the NFL's deadline for underclassmen to declare for the draft), but he sounds convinced.

Broyles says he would like to break Clayton's career records of 221 catches, 3,241 yards and 31 TDs. Broyles broke Clayton's single-season reception mark of 83 last year with 89. Now Broyles owns single-game records for catches (15 two weeks ago versus Iowa State) and yards (208 against Missouri).

Up next: Clayton's single-season yardage mark of 1,425. Broyles, who leads the nation in catches per game and ranks third in yards per game, has 1,018 this year. Only four Sooners have surpassed 1,000 receiving yards in a season, and Broyles has done it twice (he had 1,120 last year).

Career-wise, Broyles has 213 catches (eight behind Clayton). He has 2,825 yards (36 behind Juaquin Iglesias, 416 behind Clayton). He has 28 touchdowns (three behind Clayton). All three should belong to Broyles by season's end.

In his third season, Broyles has stepped almost completely out of Clayton's shadow - even in the eyes of their coaches.

"I'd say Mark, at the end of his time, was probably stronger, little bit more mature and physically had a little bit more substance," said OU offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson. "But I think Ryan makes up for it with a little bit more quickness, and he has a unique savvy just as far as feeling space and how to win working defenders.

"Ryan's probably equal if not superior to Mark in the passing game because, on the receiving side, he's awfully good."

Tulsa World

This is a big test for Landry Jones tonight. Kyle Field is one of the harder places to play in college football and he has really looked crappy on the road in his time at OU. He needs to win these kinds of games if he's ever to win a championship.

I think the defense will play pretty well tonight, I like the match-ups on both sides of the ball and think OU can shake their road issues with a couple of big plays on defense early. But if it's close it will come down to Landry, so he might have the opportunity to take that next step in his development which is critical going forward. We are looking at a top 5 preseason ranking next year and tough road trips to FSU, Techa Tech and probably Manhattan. And no I haven't given up on this year by any means, but this is a really young team who needs to learn and grow and tonight is a big game in that regard IMO.

Well looks like the Sooners are not ready for the Aggies. Early safety and a big play make Sooners look like they are caught off guard.

They are over-pursuing on defense and Stills would have made it 9-7 had Jones hung that up a little better. Big turnover, OU right back in it.

I would like for Stoops to use Finch more in the short yardage game.

Agree with this, Finch would have scored on the 1. They should be up 14-12, even after that disastrous half. Jones not passing the test, he looks worse than any other game but that Techa Tech game last year.

Well the South is officially a mess. It'll still probably come down to whoever wins the OU-OSU game.

Yeah if they win out, they'll win the South. This team would have got killed in a NCG but this loss is tough to me having left all those points on the board. A&M deserves credit for what they did but Hannah dropping that pass and Jones not hitting the wide open Stills changed everything. I like this team, they have a ton of athletes and a ton of great skill position underclassmen. Oh well, win next week and then the game with Baylor which I'll be at. It will actually be a big game, should be fun. Edited by Doctor Detroit

Well the South is officially a mess. It'll still probably come down to whoever wins the OU-OSU game.

Yeah if they win out, they'll win the South. This team would have got killed in a NCG but this loss is tough to me having left all those points on the board. A&M deserves credit for what they did but Hannah dropping that pass and Jones not hitting the wide open Stills changed everything. I like this team, they have a ton of athletes and a ton of great skill position underclassmen.

Oh well, win next week and then the game with Baylor which I'll be at. It will actually be a big game, should be fun.

Not necessarily. A&M needs OSU to lose twice and win out. If that happens I think they'd win it.

Yeah if they win out, they'll win the South. This team would have got killed in a NCG but this loss is tough to me having left all those points on the board. A&M deserves credit for what they did but Hannah dropping that pass and Jones not hitting the wide open Stills changed everything. I like this team, they have a ton of athletes and a ton of great skill position underclassmen.

Oh well, win next week and then the game with Baylor which I'll be at. It will actually be a big game, should be fun.

Not necessarily. A&M needs OSU to lose twice and win out. If that happens I think they'd win it.
That would mean Okie State would have to lose to Texas. Could happen, A&M goes to Baylor next week which is a game they might not win anyway. At this point though, I don't have a lot of faith in OU beating Baylor in Waco. But it should come down to Bedlam for the Big XII South.

Yeah if they win out, they'll win the South. This team would have got killed in a NCG but this loss is tough to me having left all those points on the board. A&M deserves credit for what they did but Hannah dropping that pass and Jones not hitting the wide open Stills changed everything. I like this team, they have a ton of athletes and a ton of great skill position underclassmen. Oh well, win next week and then the game with Baylor which I'll be at. It will actually be a big game, should be fun.
:goodposting:

Yeah if they win out, they'll win the South. This team would have got killed in a NCG but this loss is tough to me having left all those points on the board. A&M deserves credit for what they did but Hannah dropping that pass and Jones not hitting the wide open Stills changed everything. I like this team, they have a ton of athletes and a ton of great skill position underclassmen. Oh well, win next week and then the game with Baylor which I'll be at. It will actually be a big game, should be fun.
:ptts:
How'd them Longhorns do yesterday? They even going to a bowl buddy? :lmao:

Fire Kevin Wilson now!

Nah. This team just doesn't have the O Line to get physical and dominate on the road. Landry chokes on the road as well if things go bad early. Fire the same OC that set an all time record for scoring points a couple of seasons ago? Ridiculous. Players have to execute.

Fire Kevin Wilson now!

Nah. This team just doesn't have the O Line to get physical and dominate on the road. Landry chokes on the road as well if things go bad early. Fire the same OC that set an all time record for scoring points a couple of seasons ago? Ridiculous. Players have to execute.
Not ridiculous at all. I didn't like the play calling then. He just had a Heisman QB/No. 1 pick at his disposal back then. As we've seen, those don't come along every day.

Not a big fan of the playcalling in general after the first quarter. Wilson and his staff really make poor halftime adjustments and this year they have just collapsed in the 4th quarter both at home, and on the road. How can you not playaction pass inside the 2 yard line at least once in all those drives last week? That was terrible.

Fire Kevin Wilson now!

Not ridiculous at all. I didn't like the play calling then. He just had a Heisman QB/No. 1 pick at his disposal back then. As we've seen, those don't come along every day.
Just curious as to what play calling you don't agree with. All the swing passes and bubble screen stuff?

Fire Kevin Wilson now!

Just curious as to what play calling you don't agree with. All the swing passes and bubble screen stuff?
Horrible

Last win of the year for the Sooners?

They better beat Baylor since I'm going. Losing in Waco would be embarrassing, even against this Baylor team. I also would consider Okie State a neutral site game, so I think they have a chance although they won't beat anyone with the playcalling and mistakes they have had in their two losses and against Cincy and Utah State. They really need to get more vertical with that personnel, and I think at some point Stoops is gonna call out Wilson on the series of screens we see. I love the bubble screen to Broyles, just not eight times a game. You can get him in space by running jet slants or skinny posts, and a more vertical approach would open up the running lanes more. I watched the Dupree 30/30, that was just as I was getting into the details of college football as a kid. I had thought he played two full years at OU and I remember him with the Breakers, but the rest was pretty new to me. I feel bad for the guy, he just never really got a break and he handled some things wrong along the way. But any guy who is 6-3/225 and runs a 100 in 9.5, has my respect. Physically he might have been one of the greatest ever, a bigger and faster Eric Dickerson (one of my all-time favorite college players).

SoonersForums has a posting that Mangini was at Oklahoma football practice Wednesday. People posting that they think he was helping out with offensive line play. Maybe a little ray of sunlight starting to shine on OU.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147446

If Mike Leach isn't coaching next year, I would really like to see him running the offense.

SoonersForums has a posting that Mangini was at Oklahoma football practice Wednesday. People posting that they think he was helping out with offensive line play. Maybe a little ray of sunlight starting to shine on OU.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147446

If Mike Leach isn't coaching next year, I would really like to see him running the offense.
seconded.

They really need to get more vertical with that personnel, and I think at some point Stoops is gonna call out Wilson on the series of screens we see. I love the bubble screen to Broyles, just not eight times a game. You can get him in space by running jet slants or skinny posts, and a more vertical approach would open up the running lanes more.

Well we have seen this today, a pleasant surprise for sure. Stoops chewed Stills ### for that spike not once, not twice but three times. ;)Finch run was awesome, congrats to Broyles for becoming OU's all-time receptions leader.