What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL - SEC 12 - 0 *** (2 Viewers)

Get to work... this punchline won't write itself!

Oklahoma Sooners wide receiver Trey Metoyer has a problem -- he can't stop masturbating in public ... this according to police docs obtained by TMZ.

The sophomore -- who was a 5-star recruit out of high school -- was charged with 2 counts of felony indecent exposure after allegedly throwing a J in public on 2 separate occasions.

Here's the breakdown, according to cops:

8/29/13 -- Someone called police in Norman, OK to report a man wearing a blue shirt and blue pants pleasuring himself inside of a red Pontiac Grand Am.

9/17/13 -- A woman called police saying Metoyer approached her while she was walking her dog and asked to borrow a pen. She went inside her apt. to grab it and when she returned outside, Trey was outside of her front door "masturbating in front of her apartment."

The woman said Trey then asked her "if she would want the pen back."

We're guessing she declined his offer.

Cops say Metoyer initially denied the allegations -- but later acknowledged them and said " the incidents were a mistake and he was not thinking clearly at the time.''

Great start for the defense, that man coverage on the outside is risky as hell though. Offense has got to move the ball.

Love the archer danger zone commercial.

Big test tonight.
For the coaches more than the players, IMO.
Failed miserably. Going hurry-up on that second to last drive of the first half was criminal. Let's see, our offense is terrible, there's six minutes left, we get the ball to start the second half...let's try and go as fast as possible and not eat any clock. Makes absolutely no sense.

Feel really bad for the defense. They deserved better tonight.

Keith Ford is pretty much the definition of a stud.
He of the 20 carries for the season. Look out, Peterson.

Pretty sure RJ Washington was the definition of a stud coming out of high school, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keith Ford is pretty much the definition of a stud.
He of the 20 carries for the season. Look out, Peterson.

Pretty sure RJ Washington was the definition of a stud coming out of high school, too.
We'll see I guess. Troll hard bro.
Not trolling. I'm not an OU hater but I think it's a legitimate question. Ford may turn out great but if that's what you're going with right now, then it kinda proves my point.

This is so frustrating to watch. The delay of game calls. Wide open WR's in the endzone. BellDozer ?1? I dunno what can be done, but the play calling is very hard to watch.

Keith Ford is pretty much the definition of a potential stud.
FYP.And so was Metoyer. Where's he now?

Studs actually manage to get on the field and contribute. Millard was a stud. OU now has none.
He's averaging 5.9 ypc. He fumbled and the coaches have refused to play him since. Their mistake. The kid is a stud. I also believe Saunders is an elite wideout at the college level, but he's not the physical freak that the word stud would typically imply. It's a pretty meaningless designation to be honest.

Studs actually manage to get on the field and contribute. Millard was a stud. OU now has none.
He's averaging 5.9 ypc. He fumbled and the coaches have refused to play him since. Their mistake. The kid is a stud. I also believe Saunders is an elite wideout at the college level, but he's not the physical freak that the word stud would typically imply. It's a pretty meaningless designation to be honest.
Do you think Saunders is one of the top 10 players at his position in the country?

Do you think Saunders is one of the top 10 players at his position in the country?
Is that the definition if a stud? Do you expect OU to have a top ten wideout every season? That seems unreasonable.

Is that the definition if a stud? Do you expect OU to have a top ten wideout every season? That seems unreasonable.
No, that isn't the definition but how can you be elite if you're not even in the top 10 in your position? I don't expect OU to have a top 10 WR every season, but shouldn't they have at least one top 10 player out of all the QBs, RBs and WRs in the country?

No, that isn't the definition but how can you be elite if you're not even in the top 10 in your position? I don't expect OU to have a top 10 WR every season, but shouldn't they have at least one top 10 player out of all the QBs, RBs and WRs in the country?
Every season? This is all kinda dumb and subjective and I should have just ignored your post from the beginning but no, not every single season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Every season? This is all kinda dumb and subjective and I should have just ignored your post from the beginning but no, not every single season.
Ok. I guess I give your school more credit than you do. It's not like they're in the Blake era here. Anyway, you've pretty much agreed that they don't have any studs at the offensive skill positions, which is what started this discussion.

No I haven't. You shifted in the middle of the conversation. I don't think stud and top ten at your position are the same thing. Stud implies some sort of physical freakitude that doesn't necessarily have to be present to be a top ten player. I would never describe Landry Jones as a stud but he was probably one of the ten best QBs last year and the year before.

I'm really drunk btw.

No I haven't. You shifted in the middle of the conversation. I don't think stud and top ten at your position are the same thing. Stud implies some sort of physical freakitude that doesn't necessarily have to be present to be a top ten player. I would never describe Landry Jones as a stud but he was probably one of the ten best QBs last year and the year before.

I'm really drunk btw.
You'd have to be to defend anything about the Sooners at this point.

I'm really drunk btw.
Fair enough. When I say "stud", I mean one of the top players at his position. You can be a freak physically but if it doesn't translate into being one of the best players at your position, then, as you said earlier, applying the term "stud" to a player like that is meaningless.

Stoops needs to go. And his staff. Things have gotten stale in Norman, but hats off to Baylor they looked great.

OU is a premier program in the country and they were embarrassed tonight by Baylor. Anyone think its because Baylor is more attractive to recruits?

If Saban ends up in Texas then OU could be looking at several years of 3rd-5th place in big 12 standings. Time for new, young coaching staff.

Stoops needs to go. And his staff. Things have gotten stale in Norman, but hats off to Baylor they looked great.

OU is a premier program in the country and they were embarrassed tonight by Baylor. Anyone think its because Baylor is more attractive to recruits?

If Saban ends up in Texas then OU could be looking at several years of 3rd-5th place in big 12 standings. Time for new, young coaching staff.
You're a moron. Baylor has never out-recruited OU and probably never will. They weren't supposed to be good this year, and they aren't. Yet somehow they are 7-2 and I wouldn't be surprised if they win 10 games this year. Stoops is one of thew best coaches in the nation, that's a fact.

Doctor Detroit said:
boofatty said:

You're a moron. Baylor has never out-recruited OU and probably never will. They weren't supposed to be good this year, and they aren't. Yet somehow they are 7-2 and I wouldn't be surprised if they win 10 games this year. Stoops is one of thew best coaches in the nation, that's a fact.
So you're agreeing that a school with theoretically lower quality recruits just wiped the floor with us. Is that a talent problem or a leadership problem?

Stoops has had 14yrs, he's dominated the big 12 but no one else. I'm a realistic sooner fan, not a fan wearing blinders.

The team just seems stale and under coached. The simple things like getting a flag for delay of game after a timeout. Running plays over and over that don't work. Seems that OU is trying to prove that they can make something work instead of trying something different. I Don't understand the swap of Knight and Bell in the middle of the game for 1 down at a time. I understand that this year was supposed to be a down year for OU, but last night was painful.

The team just seems stale and under coached. The simple things like getting a flag for delay of game after a timeout. Running plays over and over that don't work. Seems that OU is trying to prove that they can make something work instead of trying something different. I Don't understand the swap of Knight and Bell in the middle of the game for 1 down at a time. I understand that this year was supposed to be a down year for OU, but last night was painful.
I agree with you. I think it's coaching and if we don't keep up we're headed for tough times in the coming years. Eventually the recruits will stop coming if there's more attractive options.

So you're agreeing that a school with theoretically lower quality recruits just wiped the floor with us. Is that a talent problem or a leadership problem?

Stoops has had 14yrs, he's dominated the big 12 but no one else. I'm a realistic sooner fan, not a fan wearing blinders.
If realistic Sooner fan not wearing blinders means spoiled homer then I agree.

Take a look at what happened at Tennessee and at Michigan after they forced successful coaches out. Furthermore, look at the success of programs over the time Stoops has been at Oklahoma, only a few have had the success Stoops has brought to Oklahoma which really was down when he took over. Oklahoma has the second most FCS wins since 2000 (Boise State is 1st), have been to four National Championship games, 11 double digit win seasons, 7-1 in Big 12 Championship games and 86-5 at home.

There is no way any "realistic fan" would have thought this team would be 7-2 right now, and you're #####ing like a woman. They have holes in the defensive line, their five star recruit WR is going to jail for public masturbation and they have two inexperienced QBs who are mistake prone. Anyone who thought they were going to be in the National Championship hunt or a conference favorite was delusional. All programs have a down year or two, you or anyone else wanting to change coaches because they lost one or two games is not realistic, just the opposite actually.

If they go 8-4 this year that's a good year, as long as they are building on the guys they have. Bell should not be in there, he's never going to be good. They should have stuck with the run vs Baylor but they just made to many mistakes and didn't execute in the first half when they had control of the game. Baylor is really good, it's their year and that's fine.

So you're agreeing that a school with theoretically lower quality recruits just wiped the floor with us. Is that a talent problem or a leadership problem?Stoops has had 14yrs, he's dominated the big 12 but no one else. I'm a realistic sooner fan, not a fan wearing blinders.
If realistic Sooner fan not wearing blinders means spoiled homer then I agree.Take a look at what happened at Tennessee and at Michigan after they forced successful coaches out. Furthermore, look at the success of programs over the time Stoops has been at Oklahoma, only a few have had the success Stoops has brought to Oklahoma which really was down when he took over. Oklahoma has the second most FCS wins since 2000 (Boise State is 1st), have been to four National Championship games, 11 double digit win seasons, 7-1 in Big 12 Championship games and 86-5 at home.

There is no way any "realistic fan" would have thought this team would be 7-2 right now, and you're #####ing like a woman. They have holes in the defensive line, their five star recruit WR is going to jail for public masturbation and they have two inexperienced QBs who are mistake prone. Anyone who thought they were going to be in the National Championship hunt or a conference favorite was delusional. All programs have a down year or two, you or anyone else wanting to change coaches because they lost one or two games is not realistic, just the opposite actually.

If they go 8-4 this year that's a good year, as long as they are building on the guys they have. Bell should not be in there, he's never going to be good. They should have stuck with the run vs Baylor but they just made to many mistakes and didn't execute in the first half when they had control of the game. Baylor is really good, it's their year and that's fine.
I don't disagree with any of what you said and I'm not ungrateful for what stoops has done. But look at other schools that have held on too long to a coach. Stoops is too comfortable, have you seen the decisions they've made in playcalling? In all the big games they seem to abandon their strengths or et too cute (speaking generally over past several yrs).

Sorry but I want the team to win more than the big 12 and the past few yrs stoops has Only been so-so. I expected this to be a rebuilding year, but constantly seeing them change from what works in games is frustrating. That's not a talent problem, that's failire of leadership.

Playcalling is the coaching impact that I think needs to be changed. Stoops isn't the issue (IMO), but Heupel needs to go. Our offensive gameplans have looked reaaaalllllly bad for a couple years now, IMO.

I think the hardest part (as a student here for these past 4 years) for me has been to see us squander completely realistic national title chances 3 out of 4 years. And really 4 out of 4, because we should have gone into that Baylor game undefeated and there's a chance we get lucky at that point. The years before that? Blowing it at A&M, blowing it at home as FOUR TD FAVORITES to freakin Texas Tech...

This year has been rough with injuries too - e.g. Corey Nelson early.

Taken From Here:http://newsok.com/article/3903864?slideout=1

OU performance split into five year segments:

Category — 1999-2003 — 2004-2008 — 2009-13
Overall record (Pct.) — 55-11 (83.3) — 54-13 (80.6) — 47-15 (75.8)
Big 12 record (Pct.) — 33-7 (82.5) — 34-6 (85) — 29-11 (72.5)
Record vs. AP Top 10 (Pct.) — 8-2 (80) — 4-6 (40) — 4-5 (44.4)
Record vs. AP Top 25 (Pct.) — 18-4 (81.8) — 15-9 (57.7) — 15-10 (60)
Weeks ranked in AP Top 10 (Pct.) — 61 (70.9) — 53 (65.4) — 27 (36)
Outright Big 12 titles — 2 — 4 — 1
National titles — 1 — 0 — 0
BCS title game appearances — 2 — 2 — 0
BCS bowl appearances — 3 — 4 — 1
Bowl record — 3-2 — 2-3 — 2-2
Heisman winners — 1 — 1 — 0
Heisman finalists — 2 — 3 — 0
Major national award winners — 11 — 5 — 0
Consensus All-Americans — 12 — 6 — 5
First-round NFL Draft picks — 4 — 4 — 5
Total NFL Draft picks — 13 — 28 — 24

A few articles this week calling for Huepel to go back to full time QB coach.

I also recognize that the 65 NFL players we've sent to NFL in his tenure is a drain on the program and they can't be automatically replaced; however part of his responsibilities is to ensure a steady flow of recruits and to mold those recruits. That recruit problem is worsened over time if you can't win games, then you end up in a spiraling downfall.

I trust Stoops' expertise, but he or OU has got to do something because the trend is clearly downward. I do NOT trust Stoops to make any significant moves, he's not a "rock the boat" type of coach.

Stoops passes Switzer for most wins as OU coach and has now also won 41 straight games when OU has led at the half.

I will admit that I'm not a Sooner by birth so maybe I don't understand the fan base as much as I should, but this kind of consistency is tremendous. Even in a rebuilding year they are 9-2 and had a legit shot at a BCS Bowl most of the season.

The defense played ok today but they have been killed by injuries. The offense looked great, they are just running the ball down teams throats now and Knight looks more comfortable each week. Next week is a big test for him, but a month of practice between Bedlam and the bowl is really going to help him in 2014. I'm a believer in this kid, I think he's pretty good. They are bringing in a running QB next year as well (Hansen) and I really like the move from a pro style pass first offense, to a hybrid read option offense that can pile on yards between the tackles.

I really don't understand why some fans are down on this team, I think it's been a fun year when Blake Bell isn't on the field. :shrug:

My only real problem has been Heupel's play calling.

The issue this season was that I think most had tempered expectations going in. Had everyone been told OU'd be 9-2 heading to Stillwater, I think they'd have been content. But the switch to Bell, his explosion against Tulsa and the win at Notre Dame got people thinking the team was a lot better than it is. Then the bubble was burst by Texas in a real bad way. OU didn't just lose, they were manhandled. That, along with the offensive struggles left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Plus, you have to remember that this is a fan base that had a significant portion who were happy to see Landry Jones go.

The issue this season was that I think most had tempered expectations going in. Had everyone been told OU'd be 9-2 heading to Stillwater, I think they'd have been content. But the switch to Bell, his explosion against Tulsa and the win at Notre Dame got people thinking the team was a lot better than it is. Then the bubble was burst by Texas in a real bad way. OU didn't just lose, they were manhandled. That, along with the offensive struggles left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.
That's weird - I never thought this team was great. I'd say the right season for them was to lose to Baylor and OSU, plus probably one game of the Notre Dame, Texas, Tech, K-State group of decent teams. That's what they're headed for, though I sure wish it hadn't been Texas that they lost to...

That's weird - I never thought this team was great. I'd say the right season for them was to lose to Baylor and OSU, plus probably one game of the Notre Dame, Texas, Tech, K-State group of decent teams. That's what they're headed for, though I sure wish it hadn't been Texas that they lost to...
I never said you did.

Users who are viewing this thread