What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL - SEC 12 - 0 *** (3 Viewers)

MLB draft is Monday. Kyler Murray is expected to go in the supplemental round - he's going to have a tough decision to make. I think OU would be just fine with Kendall at QB anyhow. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, that is great for Murray.  Instant millionaire.  

The assigned value of the ninth pick is $4,761,500.

Murray still plans to play football this fall, sources confirmed. After transferring from Texas A&M, he completed 18 of 21 passes for 359 yards and three touchdowns last year and he ran the ball 14 times for 142 yards.

Murray hit .296 with 46 runs, 10 homers and 47 RBI for the Sooners this season, and he is the projected heir apparent to Heisman winner Baker Mayfield for a team with national title aspirations. Buzz before the draft was that Murray would be impossible to sign, but throughout the day Monday, rumors circulated that he might be open to signing with a big-league team if still allowed to play quarterback for the Sooners. There’s little doubt the A’s are fine with that since they used their top pick on him.

He better get a good insurance policy, and it would really suck for him if Kendall were to beat him out. Surprised the A's were fine with that risk at 9 overall. 

He better get a good insurance policy, and it would really suck for him if Kendall were to beat him out. Surprised the A's were fine with that risk at 9 overall. 
Oh I'm sure, at least as much as his signing slot ($4.7mm). 

The word around the campfire is that Murray let all the teams know he was playing football this fall, so the A's must have been agreeable to it by drafting him. 

Not looking good for Anderson per JD Runnels.

Mr. O.K. Preps‏Verified account @Just_JD38

Thoughts for Rod. It’s not good yall

When OU was running the wishbone, the teams that could give it trouble were the athletic, fast teams that had the ability to attack it. Today, OU brought the more athletic, fast athletes to the game. Yet they did not attack Army until the fourth quarter. When they did start attacking it. Things started happening. Horrible gameplan. Falls squarely on Mike Stoops' head. It wasn't the players who nearly let that game get away from them, It was the coaches.

Interesting story brewing in Norman. They are considering red shirting Caleb Kelly because of the emergence of Bolton. The idea being, with the new red shirt rules they could bring him back for the playoffs if they need to.

When OU was running the wishbone, the teams that could give it trouble were the athletic, fast teams that had the ability to attack it. Today, OU brought the more athletic, fast athletes to the game. Yet they did not attack Army until the fourth quarter. When they did start attacking it. Things started happening. Horrible gameplan. Falls squarely on Mike Stoops' head. It wasn't the players who nearly let that game get away from them, It was the coaches.
Yes.  The LB's catching the RB's instead of attacking was difficult to watch.   I realize it is hard to get up for a game like Army but that defense has issues.  Hopefully it will right itself. 

They simply aren’t built to defend that offense and Army staying in the game was given. Army had drives of 12 minutes, two 8 minute drives, and 44 minutes time of possession. OU recruits to defend Texas Tech, not Army. They had issues with Air Force a few years back too, when Mike Stoops was no where near Norman. 

It happens, they won, and nothing is hurt because Army is gonna win a bunch of games. 

Meanwhile Texas is good, let’s move on. 

No. 6 Oklahoma rolls to a 66-33 win over Baylor. The 66 points are the 2nd-most the Sooners have ever scored against a Big 12 opponent (77 vs Texas A&M in 2003). Murray became the 1st Big 12 QB with at least 6 Pass TD and 1 Rush TD in a game since 2008 (Graham Harrell - TTU).

Man, I remember that A&M game.  Backups in, running clock, 4 straight dives to try not to score... and everyone accused Stoops of running up the score.

2019 OU Schedule Notes

Aug. 31 – Houston 
Sooners lead series 2-1, won 63-13 in 2004 in lone meeting in Norman

Sept. 7 – South Dakota
First meeting

Sept. 14 – at UCLA
OU leads 4-1 overall (has outscored Bruins 204-103) and is 1-1 at UCLA

Sept. 21 – Bye

Sept. 28 – Texas Tech
OU leads 19-6 overall and has won 6 straight; has scored at least 38 points each of last 8 meetings

Oct. 5 – at Kansas
OU leads 75-27-6 and has won 13 straight; has outscored KU 203-20 last 4 years

Oct. 12 – vs. Texas (in Dallas)
Texas leads 62-46-5; Sooners have won 6 of last 9

Oct. 19 – West Virginia
OU leads 8-2 and is 6-0 since Mountaineers joined Big 12

Oct. 26 – at Kansas State
OU leads 75-19-4; road team has won six of the last seven meetings

Nov. 2 – Bye

Nov. 9 – Iowa State
Sooners lead 75-6-2 and have won 19 of the last 20

Nov. 16 – at Baylor
OU leads 25-3 and is 12-2 in Waco

Nov. 23 – TCU
OU leads 13-5 and has won 7 of last 8

Nov. 30 - at Oklahoma State
OU leads 87-18-7 and has won 13 of last 15

I'm an out of towner that'll be in OKC during the week of the Bedlam game and I'm very much wanting to go to it. Any recommendations for best sections of the stadiums to get tickets for? Also is there any better way for an out of towner to get tickets than Stubhub? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I'm an out of towner that'll be in OKC during the week of the Bedlam game and I'm very much wanting to go to it. Any recommendations for best sections of the stadiums to get tickets for? Also is there any better way for an out of towner to get tickets than Stubhub? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Craigslist Tulsa, OKC    tons for sale.  

Sources saying current Alabama Co-DC Pete Golding was spotted at Legends Restaurant in Norman yesterday evening with AD Joe Castiglione and Head Football Coach Lincoln Riley.

Oklahoma has surrendered at least 40 points in four straight games -- and still won all of them. No other team in the AP poll era had even won three straight when allowing 40 points. Ohio State is slightly above the FBS average in defensive efficiency (48th at 61.2 entering Saturday), while Oklahoma is 90th at 42.1.

On the flip side, no offense has been more productive than the Sooners'. Oklahoma's 97.1 offensive efficiency would be the highest in the 14-year history of the metric (edging last year's Sooners).
From ESPN.

I don't think things could have played out any better for OU.  Root for Alabama and payback Texas.

Nothing in here?

Will be watching the Orange Bowl at the bar in Denver that is listed with the alumni association.

Will be attending the natty if we make it. So hyped to play Bama again.

5 Heisman Finalists in the last 4 years.

If you are an offensive player going to play college football how do you not pick OU? 

2019 Schedule 

Houston 
Sooners lead series 2-1, won 63-13 in 2004 in lone meeting in Norman

Sept. 7 – South Dakota
First meeting

Sept. 14 – at UCLA
OU leads 4-1 overall (has outscored Bruins 204-103) and is 1-1 at UCLA

Sept. 28 – Texas Tech
OU leads 19-6 overall and has won 6 straight; has scored at least 38 points each of last 8 meetings

Kansas
OU leads 75-27-6 and has won 13 straight; has outscored KU 203-20 last 4 years

Texas
Texas leads 62-46-5; Sooners have won 6 of last 9

West Virginia
OU leads 8-2 and is 6-0 since Mountaineers joined Big 12

Kansas State
OU leads 75-19-4; road team has won six of the last seven meetings

Iowa State
Sooners lead 75-6-2 and have won 19 of the last 20

Baylor
OU leads 25-3 and is 12-2 in Waco

TCU
OU leads 13-5 and has won 7 of last 8

Oklahoma State
OU leads 87-18-7 and has won 13 of last 15

Kyler Murray is The Associated Press college football Player of the Year, the second straight Oklahoma quarterback and fifth overall to win the award since it was established in 1998.

Murray beat out Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa on 56 ballots submitted by AP college football poll voters and announced Thursday. Ohio State quarterback Dwayne Haskins Jr. was third.

“It’s humbling and an honor to be named AP Player of the Year, to be mentioned in the same realm as a lot of great players, a lot of hall of famers,” Murray said. “It’s a special deal for me and hopefully I can continue to make my family and teammates proud.”

Murray received 39 first-place votes and a total of 145 points. Tagovailoa received 13 first-place votes (117 points) and Haskins was listed first on four ballots (55 points).

All three are finalists for the Heisman Trophy , which will be presented Saturday night in New York. Murray and Tagovailoa will face each other in the College Football Playoff, when No. 1 Alabama plays No. 4 Oklahoma at the Orange Bowl semifinal on Dec. 29.

Murray joins Baker Mayfield (2017), Josh Heupel (2000), Jason White (2003) and Sam Bradford (2008) as previous winners from Oklahoma. No other school has had more than two players win AP Player of the Year.

It really feels like the Heisman is his. Crazy. I think I said in the CFB thread just a couple weeks ago there was no chance anyone other than Tua would win. 

He's the fastest player on the field that I have ever seen. I kind of want him to tell Oakland to F off and try his hand in the NFL. 

Never seen a guy like Kyler in my life. He's such a great passer, throwing guys open and hitting windows. Just in a different stratosphere passing-wise vs. the few guys historically that match him in speed and rushing ability.

Granted, this is just BS armchair psychology, but I can't imagine he'd have waited it out here like this were football not his true love. I'd be surprised if he doesn't give the NFL a go.

Never seen a guy like Kyler in my life. He's such a great passer, throwing guys open and hitting windows. Just in a different stratosphere passing-wise vs. the few guys historically that match him in speed and rushing ability.

Granted, this is just BS armchair psychology, but I can't imagine he'd have waited it out here like this were football not his true love. I'd be surprised if he doesn't give the NFL a go.
Seems like the best plan is to try baseball for a couple of years, see if he makes the big leagues, then if he doesn't, hop over to the NFL where he's a free agent and can sign for a real deal instead of a rookie contract... assuming that isn't disallowed by something in the CBA.

But he's definitely smart to stick with baseball if he can make it - guaranteed contracts and no Vontaze Burficts trying to take his head off sounds pretty appealing.

I've always thought that Heupel got screwed in the Heisman race when Weinke won... but I just looked at the stats, and that argument doesn't look very strong in hindsight.

Austin Kendall put his name in the transfer portal. It would appear as though the Rattler era is upon us

Well, Rattler not coming in until summer so that would be a tall order to be ready to start in the fall.

Locals seem to think Jalen Hurts is likely coming in. Gil Brandt still sticking with his contention that Kyler could be returning.

Well, Rattler not coming in until summer so that would be a tall order to be ready to start in the fall.

Locals seem to think Jalen Hurts is likely coming in. Gil Brandt still sticking with his contention that Kyler could be returning.
For selfish reasons, I hope he comes back. 

Users who are viewing this thread