What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL - SEC 12 - 0 *** (4 Viewers)

Sorta disappointed he didn’t go for two there, doesn’t really matter but he’s smarter than that 

We got screwed on the onside kick call I think. I mean - we lost because we played 45 terrible minutes of football. But with 2:00 to go still a real chance to have the ball on like the 30...

Sitting there with everyone dismayed at the fact that "forced touch" rule seems to have been totally disregarded by everyone at the game (including officials) and the booth as well, wtf. https://www.ruletool.info/ncaa-rule-6-kicks/ - unless I'm crazy, surely 4.A is the right rule to apply there as well, no?

We got screwed on the onside kick call I think. I mean - we lost because we played 45 terrible minutes of football. But with 2:00 to go still a real chance to have the ball on like the 30...

Sitting there with everyone dismayed at the fact that "forced touch" rule seems to have been totally disregarded by everyone at the game (including officials) and the booth as well, wtf. https://www.ruletool.info/ncaa-rule-6-kicks/ - unless I'm crazy, surely 4.A is the right rule to apply there as well, no?
Gordon Riese

Seemed to me he started the contact so not sure you can call that being blocked 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jalen Hurts says that Alex Grinch was saying as they came out of halftime, "This is going to be one hell of a story that we tell our kids (when we comeback)."

BREAKING: 4-star defensive end Reggie Grimes committed to Oklahoma, he announced on Twitter Thursday. Grimes is a major win for the Sooners 2020 recruiting class, as he is ranked 42nd nationally, 2nd at his position and 1st from Tennessee, per Rivals.

I just don't think we live in a world in which a coinflip between Utah and OU goes to the Utes. If I had to choose between Utah and Alabama taking a loss, I would have wholeheartedly chosen Alabama.

Geaux Tigers

So if #6 OU beats #7 Baylor 42-41 and #5 Utah beats #13 Oregon 21-20, OU moves ahead of Utah, right?

And I guess we need to root for LSU?

90% seems high. You guys better be rooting for LSU hard.
I think LSU is clearly a better team than Oklahoma. 

I mean...if LSU loses then they clearly have better wins at the top - Bama, Auburn, and Florida. And they didn't lose to a mediocre team.

OU has Baylor twice in the same range as those three. So LSU has one additional win vs a top 15 team. OU also beat OkSt, so they have the same number of wins vs top 25 teams.

By FPI, A&M and Iowa State are about even, Texas is a wash because both teams beat them. Next highest FPI teams are KState then Miss St (another basic tie). Then TCU a solid 10+ spots ahead of Ole Miss. TxTech and WVU are WAY higher than anyone else on LSU's schedule, and OU only played one joke team whereas LSU played three. 

So you could make a straight-faced SOS argument. 

Like I said...not one I'd try to make successfully, but it would exist.

Oklahoma has won more Big 12 championships the last five years (5) than it has lost games against Big 12 opponents (44-4 record)

From ESPN:

According to the Allstate Playoff Predictor, LSU has an 81.3% chance to make the CFP even with a loss. 
That's quite a bit different than 538.  With LSU ahead 20-3 it looks like it's a moot point.

Yahoo! Sports' Dan Wetzel reported on Monday that Utah State quarterback Jordan Love is contemplating a graduate transfer if he doesn't turn pro in 2020, and Oklahoma is among the schools under consideration as a potential new home.

He was a good position coach who did a lot for OU, and it's a shame that his lack of success as a head coach defined him for so many and led to a schism between him and OU that was never really fixed.

So late in a game you've been absolutely dominating, you're offense is sputtering, and your defense is starting to give up a few plays they weren't earlier in the game you: (1) *don't* run the ball with your 225 pound RB on 3rd and 1 and (2) *do* run the ball with your 225 pound RB on 3rd and 8 and fail to pick up the 1st both times. There's not a lot to gripe about with Riley. But this type of play calling during this time of the game seems to be a recurring issue.

Users who are viewing this thread