What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL - SEC 12 - 0 *** (6 Viewers)

SHIZNITTTT

Footballguy
As much crap as I gave Bob Stoops over his coaching tenure I now see him in a new light. Sure he made a lot of mistakes along the way but to stop what you are doing to help the University of Oklahoma in their time of need. A Hall of Fame coach going to Broken Arrow, Oklahoma (my hometown) to meet with a local player at a freaking Chili's. Bob isn't doing it for the money he is already wealthy. Bob is doing it out of pure love for the University of Oklahoma. Today he is going to Lubbock, Texas to recruit. WOW!

Last edited:
They looked really good today against a good defense. I'm not getting too confident until Oct 11th though, we'll see how that plays out.

Defense has a problem with long passes over the middle and Kansas, Texas Tech, and Texas are going to score some points but the front seven has played very well so far, the DL great. Probably going to Waco next week since I got some free tickets, should be fun.

They looked really good today against a good defense. I'm not getting too confident until Oct 11th though, we'll see how that plays out. Defense has a problem with long passes over the middle and Kansas, Texas Tech, and Texas are going to score some points but the front seven has played very well so far, the DL great. Probably going to Waco next week since I got some free tickets, should be fun.
Maybe it is me, but it seemed like TCU was able to run at will up the middle, and had it not been for several turnovers the score would have been a little closer.

Last edited by a moderator:
hope none of the oline injuries from yesterday end up being serious. the runing game was a little disappointing yesterday but honestly bradford could have thrown for over 500 yards, and gresham didnt even really get involved. tcu's defensive line is excellent. next three weeks are huge. im starting to think that missouri texas and ou are the three best teams in the country.

SHIZNITTTT said:
OU will be number 1 in all polls after this weekend. The ranking is great for the team, but I don't feel good about a several areas of the team:1. TCU made the running game look really bad2. Special Teams are still a ####### JOKE! Stoops had a bye weak to get these guys in shape and they still SUCK ###!3. The Defense still struggles against defending the pass4. If Bradford gets hurt...I don't believe Joey Hazle (backup QB) gets enough reps in real games to be able to carry this team. More to come as the season progresses.
Sorry but my poll will have them number 2

SHIZNITTTT said:
OU will be number 1 in all polls after this weekend. The ranking is great for the team, but I don't feel good about a several areas of the team:1. TCU made the running game look really bad2. Special Teams are still a ####### JOKE! Stoops had a bye weak to get these guys in shape and they still SUCK ###!3. The Defense still struggles against defending the pass4. If Bradford gets hurt...I don't believe Joey Hazle (backup QB) gets enough reps in real games to be able to carry this team. More to come as the season progresses.
Seriously? If you don't think that OU is number 1 after this weekend you will be in a very small minority.

AP Top

1.Oklahoma (43)

2.Alabama (21)

3.LSU

4.Missouri (1)

5.Texas

6.Penn St.

7.Texas Tech

8.BYU

9.USC

10.South Florida

11.Georgia

12.Florida

13.Auburn

14.Ohio St.

15.Utah

16.Kansas

17.Boise St.

18.Wisconsin

19.Vanderbilt

20.Virginia Tech

21.Oklahoma St.

22.Fresno St.

23.Oregon

24.Connecticut

25.Wake Forest

I'm pretty excited for OU to pass ND as the all time #1 ranked team in the AP poll.

I was at the game Saturday, and TCU executed the worst game plan I've ever seen . I think they came in and just wanted to stay #1 in the country for rush defense not caring about losing. Completely sold out, 9 guys in the box; linebackers blitzing every play to fill the run gaps. There were several times during the game, OU trotted out 4 WR and TCU only had 3 DBs, just crazy. Bradford could have thrown for 600+ had Wilson not dialed it back to kill the clock.

My only concern for this team is special teams, specifically KO coverage. Only kicking it down to the 10-15 yard line and giving up several long returns could come back to bite the Sooners in a close game. Other than that, I'm incredibly excited about this season. I won't be making the trip down to Baylor, but I will be there for the Red River Shootout. I honestly think Oklahoma will beat Texas by more than 2 TDs.

Seriously? If you don't think that OU is number 1 after this weekend you will be in a very small minority.
1 Bama2 Oklahoma3 Missouri4 Texas5 Lsu6 PSU7 BYU8 USF9 Texas Tech10 Georgia11 USC12 tOSU13 Utah14 Florida15 Kansas16 Oregon17 Auburn18 Boise St19 Oklahoma St20 Vandy21 Wisconsin22 Maryland23 Northwestern24 U Conn25 Fresno StMy top 25 that I just pmed to Keys.

There's too many *s for this to be the official thread. Official threads require only 3. This is just overdoing it. Please see the amazing race thread on the front page for an example of a perfectly formed official thread.

AP Top 1.Oklahoma (43) 2.Alabama (21) 3.LSU 4.Missouri (1) 5.Texas6.Penn St. 7.Texas Tech 8.BYU 9.USC 10.South Florida11.Georgia12.Florida13.Auburn 14.Ohio St.15.Utah 16.Kansas 17.Boise St. 18.Wisconsin 19.Vanderbilt20.Virginia Tech21.Oklahoma St. 22.Fresno St. 23.Oregon 24.Connecticut 25.Wake Forest
22 out of 65 votes not picking OU as #1 is not a small minority.

There are no teams in college football that dont have something slightly below par. I have not gotten to watch OU play all that much this year, but if they do struggle against the pass, they are in a bad conference for that. Losing a QB like Bradford would hurt just about anyone. Think Mizzou without Daniel, UF without Tebow, etc.

AP Top 1.Oklahoma (43) 2.Alabama (21) 3.LSU 4.Missouri (1) 5.Texas6.Penn St. 7.Texas Tech 8.BYU 9.USC 10.South Florida11.Georgia12.Florida13.Auburn 14.Ohio St.15.Utah 16.Kansas 17.Boise St. 18.Wisconsin 19.Vanderbilt20.Virginia Tech21.Oklahoma St. 22.Fresno St. 23.Oregon 24.Connecticut 25.Wake Forest
did they let keys vote? that guy that voted missouri 1 should be disqualified.

What's up with Murray? He's killing me in my college ff league.
nothing is "up" with him, there just isnt enough ball to go around. imo bradford is really the only fantasy player worth a start every week. the rest of the team is just so deep there is no point in guessing who is going to put up the numbers on any given day. tcu sorta went overboard on stopping the run, thats why the ground game was no good on saturday.

What's up with Murray? He's killing me in my college ff league.
nothing is "up" with him, there just isnt enough ball to go around. imo bradford is really the only fantasy player worth a start every week. the rest of the team is just so deep there is no point in guessing who is going to put up the numbers on any given day. tcu sorta went overboard on stopping the run, thats why the ground game was no good on saturday.
I think Murray's lost a step from the injury from last year. Or possibly from gaining a bit of weight in the offseason.

I think the post above is correct that TCU loaded the box to stop the run.

OU will be number 1 in all polls after this weekend.

The ranking is great for the team, but I don't feel good about a several areas of the team:

1. TCU made the running game look really bad

2. Special Teams are still a ####### JOKE! Stoops had a bye weak to get these guys in shape and they still SUCK ###!

3. The Defense still struggles against defending the pass

4. If Bradford gets hurt...I don't believe Joey Hazle (backup QB) gets enough reps in real games to be able to carry this team.

More to come as the season progresses.
1. TCU put 9 in the box, dared Bradford to beat them and he ripped them apart. I don't think too many teams are going to follow TCU's lead. I do credit OU for not abandoning the run though. It shows future opponents that they aren't going to let the other team dictate the game plan.2. Yep. But there was some improvement. Only one long return. But that still shouldn't happen unless Devin Hester is returning kicks.

3. Actually, I have more confidence in the secondary than I have in a long time. But that's not saying much.

4. Halzle showed that he can play given the opportunity. If games were 5 quarters, he'd have beaten TTech last year. They must give him more reps.

Won by 32 points against a bad Baylor team, and the defense gave up too many yards rushing.

I hope the defense shows up against Texas next Saturday.

Won by 32 points against a bad Baylor team, and the defense gave up too many yards rushing. I hope the defense shows up against Texas next Saturday.
That's not a bad Baylor team. Baylor has played ten times better this year than the last few. I don't think Texas can hang with Oklahoma.

Was at the game today, lots of OU fans there but I sat in a heavy Baylor area and had a good time. There was a really interesting Baylor cheer leader in the stands who was hilarious and most of the Baylor fans were just saying they were looking forward to the game next week in Dallas. Griffin is gonna be good btw.

I think after they got up 28-0 they really backed off but Bradford is gonna rack up a lot of yards next week and OU is gonna run a ton of delays at Texas. They were saying on Austin sportstalk radio yesterday that the game will come down to the QBs, if so OU will win by a few touchdowns. McCoy hasn't faced a pursuit D yet and Texas' secondary is no better than Baylor's.

Was at the game today, lots of OU fans there but I sat in a heavy Baylor area and had a good time. There was a really interesting Baylor cheer leader in the stands who was hilarious and most of the Baylor fans were just saying they were looking forward to the game next week in Dallas. Griffin is gonna be good btw. I think after they got up 28-0 they really backed off but Bradford is gonna rack up a lot of yards next week and OU is gonna run a ton of delays at Texas. They were saying on Austin sportstalk radio yesterday that the game will come down to the QBs, if so OU will win by a few touchdowns. McCoy hasn't faced a pursuit D yet and Texas' secondary is no better than Baylor's.
I hope that your analysis is correct.

Was at the game today, lots of OU fans there but I sat in a heavy Baylor area and had a good time. There was a really interesting Baylor cheer leader in the stands who was hilarious and most of the Baylor fans were just saying they were looking forward to the game next week in Dallas. Griffin is gonna be good btw. I think after they got up 28-0 they really backed off but Bradford is gonna rack up a lot of yards next week and OU is gonna run a ton of delays at Texas. They were saying on Austin sportstalk radio yesterday that the game will come down to the QBs, if so OU will win by a few touchdowns. McCoy hasn't faced a pursuit D yet and Texas' secondary is no better than Baylor's.
probably hasnt watched Texas play this season. he's completely wrong about Texas' secondary and O-line.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Nothing like a corn dog and a Miller Lite at 8 a.m. to get ready for the Shootout.

really excited about the game, both teams have looked ridiculous so far. im honestly just hoping for a good game, as weird as that sounds. i dont think mccoy should be able to run all over ou but who knows, nothing will surprise me i guess. big picture wise, no matter what happens i think ou is in good shape. texas' (is that right?) schedule is ridiculous, they're going to lose two games at least. we just need to win one of texas/osu and not slip up anywhere else.

probably hasnt watched Texas play this season. he's completely wrong about Texas' secondary and O-line.
That's interesting. He didn't even mention Texas' O-line. How could he be wrong about them?And if I remember correctly, the announcers last night said Texas' secondary was pretty young.

snowmonkey501 said:
yeltneb said:
I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Nothing like a corn dog and a Miller Lite at 8 a.m. to get ready for the Shootout.
you wait until 8 to get started?
I wasn't aware that they served food in the park before 8. I didn't say that was going to be my first beer.

Christo said:
snowmonkey501 said:
SHIZNITTTT said:
Doctor Detroit said:
That's interesting. He didn't even mention Texas' O-line. How could he be wrong about them?And if I remember correctly, the announcers last night said Texas' secondary was pretty young.
Texas' secondary is absurdly young.

Christo said:
snowmonkey501 said:
SHIZNITTTT said:
Doctor Detroit said:
seems hes implying colt will be under pressure for most of the game and on the run. while colt will encounter pressure from ou's d, he most certainly will spend most of his time upright and when he scrambles it will mostly be by design.

That's probably a good number. It's also close to the number of beatings I'm delivering to Christo that day.

seems hes implying colt will be under pressure for most of the game and on the run. while colt will encounter pressure from ou's d, he most certainly will spend most of his time upright and when he scrambles it will mostly be by design.
Where is Texas ranked nationally against the pass? Do you even know? There are 119 teams in Division 1A, Texas was 101 against the pass before the Colorado game and probably climbed to around 90 after giving up 217 yards. Tell me how I haven't watched them now Einstein, even you should be able to figure out the secondary isn't that good based on that little nugget. Add in OU averaging 350+ yards a game in the air and....Good luck working that out. :goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread