What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL - SEC 12 - 0 *** (2 Viewers)

I sat on the OU side for the game last night and all the OU fans were pretty awesome. We were about 1/3 to 2/5 of the total crowd, and actually made it quite loud for a few of the Baylor 3rd down conversions. It was hard to find beer prior to the game but we managed. We spent a good deal of the pregame laughing with Baylor fans about Texas, and then laughed at Baylor having their ticket sales in trailers around the stadium.

The game itself, well OU started fast and Baylor going for it at their own 40 in the 1st quarter really put them in a ton of trouble. I liked the diamond formation and I liked special teams who played well all night long. The secondary took advantage of a shaky Griffin and Landry made some nice plays when he threw the ball away instead of forcing it on three different occasions.

The Finch TD run was awesome, lots of ooooooooo's and ahhhhhhhhhhhh's and his injury was equally unawesome. Some fans were asking why they had him in but a few of us agreed he needs the reps, he had just ten carries on the night. Was good to see him back on the sideline late in the game and mixing it up with teammates, after that hit I thought he was gonna be gone for awhile but hopefully he'll be just fine.

I let everyone in my section know I had the over (64.5) so when Baylor had the ball down 53-10 I told everyone I was rooting for the Bears to get a FG. I was going nuts complete with bear claw and jumping up and down when Baylor scored, everyone approved of my behavior although I said I was a good example of why they don't sell alcohol in college stadiums.

I don't want to sell my Big 12 Championship tickets, we need to kick some Pistol Pete ### next week. :rolleyes:

OU's Roy Finch, Austin Box expected to play against OSU

University of Oklahoma football players Roy Finch and Austin Box are expected to play in Saturday's Bedlam game.

FROM STAFF REPORTS Oklahoman Comment on this article 23

Published: November 22, 2010

University of Oklahoma football players Roy Finch and Austin Box are expected to play in Saturday's Bedlam game.

Both players availability was in question after they left OU's game against Baylor with injuries, but OU coach Bob Stoops said during the weekly Big 12 teleconference on Monday he expected them to play.

"We're very optimistic," Stoops said. "Both guys (Sunday) tested out very well. This morning, same thing. They're actually going to do some limited work today. We feel very optimistic that they'll be ready to play."

Box, who has battled injuries throughout his career, left Saturday's game in the second quarter. When asked whether Box's injury was a recurrence of his back injury, Stoops was reserved.

"I'm not discussing what anything is when guys are going to play," Stoops said. "I did that last week with DeMarco (Murray). If guys are going to play there's no sense dialoging and being specific with what's bothering them and what isn't."

Finch, who has emerged as a solid weapon in the Sooners offense, also left the game after taking a hard hit and staying down for several minutes.
Read more: http://newsok.com/ous-roy-finch-austin-box...9#ixzz163alYH4x

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news re Finch and Box. Having said that I'm having a hard time mustering up any optimism about Saturday. It'd be fitting for OU to be the ones to see Nebraska out but I'm afraid it's not gonna happen.

Good news re Finch and Box. Having said that I'm having a hard time mustering up any optimism about Saturday. It'd be fitting for OU to be the ones to see Nebraska out but I'm afraid it's not gonna happen.
They better crank it up. I don't intend to leave Stillwater with a Poke win Saturday.

Okie State folk saying this is the biggest game in school history, probably so. Home game with your hated in-state rival with the winner getting a banged up Nebraska or decent but not spectacular Mizzou team and a chance at a BCS bowl berth prize. Okie State can taste it, but they could taste it last year also and they got dominated.

I think this will be a very close game, lots of scoring. OU has the better defense and the secondary has really played well lately and I think they'll be up for the challenge. If Landry Jones can manage the game, I like their chances in a 31-28 kind of game.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is dumb. So OSU is still requiring people who want to attend to buy season tickets, doing this just so BOOMER couldn't overrun the building. Cost? About 10k empty seats for the biggest game in school history.

Nov. 27--For Saturday's Bedlam football game, Oklahoma State allotted 5,000 tickets to the University of Oklahoma. Those tickets were priced at $125. Reportedly, it's the most expensive single-game ticket in college football this season. For Oklahoma State fans, admittance is reserved for season-ticket holders.As of this week, OSU's season-ticket sales total was slightly less than 43,000. The Boone Pickens Stadium capacity is 60,218, resulting in the likelihood of about 10,000 empty seats for Bedlam.OSU will sell season tickets Saturday at the south and north side box offices at Boone Pickens Stadium beginning at 1 p.m.For fans who wish to purchase from the university instead of doing business with a ticket website, here are Bedlam options:--A few tickets, priced at $384 apiece, remain for seats in the west end zone. Also available is a four-ticket, $1,200 package in the west end.--There are 50 season-ticket seats that require no donor fee, at $479 each.--And there are season-ticket seats in prime locations, also priced at $479 but requiring donations from $100 to $1,500 per seat.

This is dumb. So OSU is still requiring people who want to attend to buy season tickets, doing this just so BOOMER couldn't overrun the building. Cost? About 10k empty seats for the biggest game in school history.

Nov. 27--For Saturday's Bedlam football game, Oklahoma State allotted 5,000 tickets to the University of Oklahoma. Those tickets were priced at $125. Reportedly, it's the most expensive single-game ticket in college football this season. For Oklahoma State fans, admittance is reserved for season-ticket holders.As of this week, OSU's season-ticket sales total was slightly less than 43,000. The Boone Pickens Stadium capacity is 60,218, resulting in the likelihood of about 10,000 empty seats for Bedlam.OSU will sell season tickets Saturday at the south and north side box offices at Boone Pickens Stadium beginning at 1 p.m.For fans who wish to purchase from the university instead of doing business with a ticket website, here are Bedlam options:--A few tickets, priced at $384 apiece, remain for seats in the west end zone. Also available is a four-ticket, $1,200 package in the west end.--There are 50 season-ticket seats that require no donor fee, at $479 each.--And there are season-ticket seats in prime locations, also priced at $479 but requiring donations from $100 to $1,500 per seat.
Crazy, thank god the game isn't blacked out. 10,000 empty seats just stupid. Just ####### stupid.

Well, I'll be damned! I didn't even know Kenney was still on the team! Finally got out of the doghouse, I guess. LOL

We have a backup sitting on the bench that with all the weapons OU has on offense we would be ok. Landry keeping OSU in the game.

3 picks for Landry. Yeah keep him in the game Stoops.
Do you know how many passes Drew Allen has thrown? Two of those ints were extraordinary plays, you ##### just to ##### I think. Hopefully OU doesn't lose another game or we'll have to hear what a terrible big game coach Stoops is.

3 picks for Landry. Yeah keep him in the game Stoops.
Do you know how many passes Drew Allen has thrown? Two of those ints were extraordinary plays, you ##### just to ##### I think. Hopefully OU doesn't lose another game or we'll have to hear what a terrible big game coach Stoops is.
Because Landry didn't throw the ball out of bounds? Are you serious? Allen is stud he just needs a shot to play. For some reason Stoops is in love with Landry.

Users who are viewing this thread