What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL - SEC 12 - 0 *** (5 Viewers)

Possibly. Because of some stuff going on here, I'm not driving up to Dallas until Saturday morning (planning on leaving about 5 a.m.). We'll see how it all shakes out. PM me your cell phone #.

Oklahoma's Special Teams should be ashamed of themselves.

I think the way OU is playing on defense and special teams that UT has an excellent chance of winning this game.

penalties and special teams. i feel like jackson has a big play coming on d. both teams are really really good though, been a great game so far.

MODS please remove my thread, as I said earlier in the season ... every team should have a thread, but when that team loses the thread should be deleted.

Thanks.

Was at the game today, lots of OU fans there but I sat in a heavy Baylor area and had a good time. There was a really interesting Baylor cheer leader in the stands who was hilarious and most of the Baylor fans were just saying they were looking forward to the game next week in Dallas. Griffin is gonna be good btw. I think after they got up 28-0 they really backed off but Bradford is gonna rack up a lot of yards next week and OU is gonna run a ton of delays at Texas. They were saying on Austin sportstalk radio yesterday that the game will come down to the QBs, if so OU will win by a few touchdowns. McCoy hasn't faced a pursuit D yet and Texas' secondary is no better than Baylor's.
I hope that your analysis is correct.
probably hasnt watched Texas play this season. he's completely wrong about Texas' secondary and O-line.
That's interesting. He didn't even mention Texas' O-line. How could he be wrong about them?And if I remember correctly, the announcers last night said Texas' secondary was pretty young.
seems hes implying colt will be under pressure for most of the game and on the run. while colt will encounter pressure from ou's d, he most certainly will spend most of his time upright and when he scrambles it will mostly be by design.
Where is Texas ranked nationally against the pass? Do you even know? There are 119 teams in Division 1A, Texas was 101 against the pass before the Colorado game and probably climbed to around 90 after giving up 217 yards. Tell me how I haven't watched them now Einstein, even you should be able to figure out the secondary isn't that good based on that little nugget. Add in OU averaging 350+ yards a game in the air and....Good luck working that out. :bye:
sucks that that secondary is so young they'll be around 3 more years to beat your ###texas fight!!!!...hail, hail blow U sucks...

Was at the game today, lots of OU fans there but I sat in a heavy Baylor area and had a good time. There was a really interesting Baylor cheer leader in the stands who was hilarious and most of the Baylor fans were just saying they were looking forward to the game next week in Dallas. Griffin is gonna be good btw. I think after they got up 28-0 they really backed off but Bradford is gonna rack up a lot of yards next week and OU is gonna run a ton of delays at Texas. They were saying on Austin sportstalk radio yesterday that the game will come down to the QBs, if so OU will win by a few touchdowns. McCoy hasn't faced a pursuit D yet and Texas' secondary is no better than Baylor's.
probably hasnt watched Texas play this season. he's completely wrong about Texas' secondary and O-line.
That's interesting. He didn't even mention Texas' O-line. How could he be wrong about them?And if I remember correctly, the announcers last night said Texas' secondary was pretty young.
seems hes implying colt will be under pressure for most of the game and on the run. while colt will encounter pressure from ou's d, he most certainly will spend most of his time upright and when he scrambles it will mostly be by design.
Where is Texas ranked nationally against the pass? Do you even know? There are 119 teams in Division 1A, Texas was 101 against the pass before the Colorado game and probably climbed to around 90 after giving up 217 yards. Tell me how I haven't watched them now Einstein, even you should be able to figure out the secondary isn't that good based on that little nugget. Add in OU averaging 350+ yards a game in the air and....Good luck working that out. :bye:
sucks that that secondary is so young they'll be around 3 more years to beat your ###texas fight!!!!...hail, hail blow U sucks...
yeah that secondary was amazing. bradford only had 5 tds.

yeah that secondary was amazing. bradford only had 5 tds.
I hate to point this out but...45-35. :D

not going to get into it with a guy who has a bunch of madden dynasty threads linked in his sig. you seem like a real winner.

Guys you cannot argue with OU fans, they are really hurting at this moment, like they lost their puppy.

Come back later.

Myself I am trying to say that OU got beat by a better coached team today. Simply outcoached!

I stated weeks ago that all college football threads should be deleted when that team loses.

And, when I ask for the thread to be deleted I get called out by "ou fans". WTF!

Stay Classy Oklahoma! Stay Classy

Guys you cannot argue with OU fans, they are really hurting at this moment, like they lost their puppy. Come back later. Myself I am trying to say that OU got beat by a better coached team today. Simply outcoached!I stated weeks ago that all college football threads should be deleted when that team loses. And, when I ask for the thread to be deleted I get called out by "ou fans". WTF!Stay Classy Oklahoma! Stay Classy
why does there have to be a final reason for the loss? they just lost. its part of athletics. acting like the only way a team of 18-22 year olds can lose is because they got outcoached is crazy. leading up to this game, texas has been as impressive as possible. theres no shortage of athletes in the state of texas (we know this better than anyone, seriously) and mack brown's bread and butter is recruiting, so for anyone to act like there is some sort of huge talent disparity between these two teams is silly. they always have a ton of good players. the players have to share some of the "blame" (hate to even use that word really) in the loss. that de's name (arakpo ?) was just better than loadholt today. loadholt has struggled against guys with good speed his whole career. holmes was picked on the entire game by their offense. we've known he isnt really that great for some time now, and you cant completely hide the guy. the rest of the secondary had an ok game, but overall they didnt tackle well. once reynolds went out we were in serious trouble. very tough on crow to be forced into playing in that situation, and it did not work out well for ou. texas' players were better than our players today. murray really looks to be hobbled or something, and i would have liked to have seen some sort of commitment to running with chris brown early in the game. right now he is the best running back on the team, we need to get him the ball frequently. i love murray as much as everyone else, but something isnt working. they gave madu a shot but he didnt have much of a chance. i will agree the kickoff coverage is inexcusable. the kick itself is usually bad, the tackling is bad, the effort is bad...im sure they've addressed it, but they need to do something else.

Where is Texas ranked nationally against the pass? Do you even know? There are 119 teams in Division 1A, Texas was 101 against the pass before the Colorado game and probably climbed to around 90 after giving up 217 yards. Tell me how I haven't watched them now Einstein, even you should be able to figure out the secondary isn't that good based on that little nugget. Add in OU averaging 350+ yards a game in the air and....Good luck working that out. :lmao:
3:51 in Texas and you're still the dumbest assmunch on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys you cannot argue with OU fans, they are really hurting at this moment, like they lost their puppy. Come back later. Myself I am trying to say that OU got beat by a better coached team today. Simply outcoached!I stated weeks ago that all college football threads should be deleted when that team loses. And, when I ask for the thread to be deleted I get called out by "ou fans". WTF!Stay Classy Oklahoma! Stay Classy
why does there have to be a final reason for the loss? they just lost. its part of athletics. acting like the only way a team of 18-22 year olds can lose is because they got outcoached is crazy. leading up to this game, texas has been as impressive as possible. theres no shortage of athletes in the state of texas (we know this better than anyone, seriously) and mack brown's bread and butter is recruiting, so for anyone to act like there is some sort of huge talent disparity between these two teams is silly. they always have a ton of good players. the players have to share some of the "blame" (hate to even use that word really) in the loss. that de's name (arakpo ?) was just better than loadholt today. loadholt has struggled against guys with good speed his whole career. holmes was picked on the entire game by their offense. we've known he isnt really that great for some time now, and you cant completely hide the guy. the rest of the secondary had an ok game, but overall they didnt tackle well. once reynolds went out we were in serious trouble. very tough on crow to be forced into playing in that situation, and it did not work out well for ou. texas' players were better than our players today. murray really looks to be hobbled or something, and i would have liked to have seen some sort of commitment to running with chris brown early in the game. right now he is the best running back on the team, we need to get him the ball frequently. i love murray as much as everyone else, but something isnt working. they gave madu a shot but he didnt have much of a chance. i will agree the kickoff coverage is inexcusable. the kick itself is usually bad, the tackling is bad, the effort is bad...im sure they've addressed it, but they need to do something else.
Reynolds going down was the difference but I have to give Texas their due, they really won that game. I think we knew the defense was an issue and although they played well in the first half (Clayton and Reynolds in particular) they just broke down in the second. The long run to seal should not have happened, and whether it was scheme or personnel (probably both) you can't let a big play like that happen in a three point game. The long third down TD pass to Shipley, the run, and not pressuring McCoy in the second half was the difference and if you can't run the ball against top ten teams, you are gonna have issues. I agree Brown should have been out there more today and that Murray has either lost a step or is hurt. Regardless Texas didn't turn the ball over and they just kept coming.

Where is Texas ranked nationally against the pass? Do you even know? There are 119 teams in Division 1A, Texas was 101 against the pass before the Colorado game and probably climbed to around 90 after giving up 217 yards. Tell me how I haven't watched them now Einstein, even you should be able to figure out the secondary isn't that good based on that little nugget. Add in OU averaging 350+ yards a game in the air and....Good luck working that out. :lmao:
45-35stats are for losers.5:19 and blow U still sucks.

Do you read what you write? Seriously how dumb are you?

Reynolds going down was the difference but I have to give Texas their due, they really won that game. I think we knew the defense was an issue and although they played well in the first half (Clayton and Reynolds in particular) they just broke down in the second. The long run to seal should not have happened, and whether it was scheme or personnel (probably both) you can't let a big play like that happen in a three point game. The long third down TD pass to Shipley, the run, and not pressuring McCoy in the second half was the difference and if you can't run the ball against top ten teams, you are gonna have issues. I agree Brown should have been out there more today and that Murray has either lost a step or is hurt. Regardless Texas didn't turn the ball over and they just kept coming.
totally agree, especially with the first sentence. shipley was absolutely killer, they really just took holmes' area apart. they tried a lot of things on defense, none of them worked.

once again...45-35what seems to be your confusion?
Here let me get down on your level: yes
yes what?yes, ou sucks? yes, colt mccoy should be the heismann favorite now? oryes, bob stoops got outcoached?
no

once again...45-35what seems to be your confusion?
Here let me get down on your level: yes
yes what?yes, ou sucks? yes, colt mccoy should be the heismann favorite now? oryes, bob stoops got outcoached?
no
fail

Well, they did, but they didn't.

CBS SPORTSLINE COLLEGE FOOTBALL POLL

1. Texas

2. Alabama

3. Penn State

4. Oklahoma

5. Texas Tech

6. Southern California

7. Brigham Young

8. Florida

9. Georgia

10. Oklahoma State

11. Ohio State

12. Missouri

13. Utah

14. LSU

15. Boise State

16. Kansas

17. Virginia Tech

18. South Florida

19. North Carolina

20. Wake Forest

21. Pittsburgh

22. Michigan State

23. Vanderbilt

24. Tulsa

25. Ball State

nice to see Tulsa crack the top 25, Okie State at 10

I was worried about Texas losing but if Ohio St beats Penn St this week they are out, and Alabama despite a fairly easy schedule is gonna lose. OU may control their own destiny....

Couldn't find any clear information on the Manuel Johnson injury. Looked like a broken forearm but I guess it is probably a dislocated elbow which means he should be back in a few weeks. With all the injuries on D they don't need to lose any offensive guys, they are gonna need all the points they can get. Running game looked decent vs Kansas but it's still a little bit of a disappointment IMO.

I was worried about Texas losing but if Ohio St beats Penn St this week they are out, and Alabama despite a fairly easy schedule is gonna lose. OU may control their own destiny....Couldn't find any clear information on the Manuel Johnson injury. Looked like a broken forearm but I guess it is probably a dislocated elbow which means he should be back in a few weeks. With all the injuries on D they don't need to lose any offensive guys, they are gonna need all the points they can get. Running game looked decent vs Kansas but it's still a little bit of a disappointment IMO.
Saying on the radio in OK that Johnson has a dislocated elbow. Guess you never know, as Stoops has never been terribly forthcoming with information. But OU has some depth at WR, and Quentin Chaney is a solid replacement.I agree that if OU and UT win out that there is a reasonable chance of a rematch. Both still have contend with OSU and Tech. The Aggies have have jumped out to a couple big leads on Texas lately. OSU's defense is improved and they have a heckuva an offense. Texas better not have a letdown.

Offense is a machine, incredible. Defense like I said before is not championship caliber and its showing it again today.

Are the TV crews ever going to figure out that they don't have as much time between plays when OU is on offense? I think they've missed the snap on about 30% of OU's plays this season.

a win is a win on the road i guess but @osu is going to be a nightmare if the defense doesnt improve. may even struggle to beat tech at home, although they usually do not do well in norman. rest of the season should be very interesting, if ou can win out ill be surprised if they arent in the nc game. do not like our chances in stillwater at this point.

Moe. said:
a win is a win on the road i guess but @osu is going to be a nightmare if the defense doesnt improve. may even struggle to beat tech at home, although they usually do not do well in norman. rest of the season should be very interesting, if ou can win out ill be surprised if they arent in the nc game. do not like our chances in stillwater at this point.
I was talking to the Texas fans during the OU/UT game and I said if OU won that game their biggest hurdle was @ Stillwater for the remainder of the season and they laughed. I didn't expect them to beat Mizzou but I knew they were better than most people thought. Someone has to finish 4th in the Big 12 South, it's gonna be interesting because that team will be 9-3 at worst.

Moe. said:
I was talking to the Texas fans during the OU/UT game and I said if OU won that game their biggest hurdle was @ Stillwater for the remainder of the season and they laughed. I didn't expect them to beat Mizzou but I knew they were better than most people thought. Someone has to finish 4th in the Big 12 South, it's gonna be interesting because that team will be 9-3 at worst.
Apparently, Texas fans are pretty stupid when it comes to Oklahoma State. I hear a lot of blowout talk this week.

Moe. said:
Apparently, Texas fans are pretty stupid when it comes to Oklahoma State. I hear a lot of blowout talk this week.
The radio guys here did a real nice job this week with OSU. For the OU game it was complete homerism but I thought this week they gave OSU their credit and discussed why they were a tough opponent. Thing about Texas and OU fans that I've noticed being introduced from the outside, is that they both think they'll win every single game regardless of who they are playing. No pessimism in sight which is weird for me having grown up around Michigan where the sky is falling and if it isn't, it will. This is why coaching down here is tougher especially when the hillbillies with bank start getting involved. These coaches and administrators must be constantly bombarded with stupidity.

I thought this exchange from a Longhorn message board summed up the mentality down here perfectly.

Is anyone's skin truly thick enough to withstand all of the criticism that comes w/ being the head coach @ Texas?
No, but you can fortify the skin with many layers of C-notes.

Moe. said:
Baylor's not horrible - they could still sneak a win with that crazy QB they've got. A&M is horrible, but a rivalry game is always up for grabs. They've given OU problems occasionally over the years as well.

Moe. said:
The radio guys here did a real nice job this week with OSU. For the OU game it was complete homerism but I thought this week they gave OSU their credit and discussed why they were a tough opponent. Thing about Texas and OU fans that I've noticed being introduced from the outside, is that they both think they'll win every single game regardless of who they are playing. No pessimism in sight which is weird for me having grown up around Michigan where the sky is falling and if it isn't, it will. This is why coaching down here is tougher especially when the hillbillies with bank start getting involved. These coaches and administrators must be constantly bombarded with stupidity.
I think you're partially right and partially wrong. You are 100% correct in saying that the coaches and administrators are constantly bombarded with stupidity. The OU fanbase is ready to hang Brent Venables. The fanbase has hung Chuck Long and Mark Mangino in effigy, in the past. There always must be a whipping boy that is root of all evil.But OU fans are not optimistic. The average OU fan right now expects OU to be whipped by Texas Tech and OSU. The fans aren't so much optimistic as they are malleable and reactionary. If OU has some problems against Nebraska and Texas A&M in the next two weeks, many fans will claim that the team will be lucky to stay within three TDs of Texas Tech. But if OU rolls easily in the next two weeks, many fans will expect to beat Tech by 40.

Users who are viewing this thread