What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL - SEC 12 - 0 *** (3 Viewers)

Well they were gonna lose at home at some point, I thought maybe TAMU could do it this year but not Techa Tech. No Fleming, Wort or Whaley but you have to beat Lubbock at home regardless. Hopefully Hunnicut won't take more blame than he should, lots of fingers to point at secondary and inept red zone offense.

Man that was no good. Couldn't get anything going. Hopefully we can get it turned around, two pretty tough games coming up. Goggins, you're the worst poster in the history of the Internet. Congrats!

They allowed re-entry, so at 7:45 when the wind hit and rain came down harder, we bailed. Then we went back at 8:30 or so and stayed the whole game.

What a cluster####.

There's no one thing you can point at, but we beat ourselves that game. We'd stop Tech and have them off the field, but commit penalties to extend drives. We'd start driving the field and then turn it over and lose momentum.

Landry had 3 poor throws: The INT that should have been a TD for Stillls, overthrowing Broyles in the last 2 mins so we have to settle for what would be a missed FG... and then overthrowing Jaz after a play action on a long pass.

Gabe Lynn sucks. I live next door to him, and I don't know how I'm going to manage not to say anything to him. After that (incredibly awfully call) penalty when he flattened a guy, he simply quit on the team. We could have held for a FG there but he literally just pushed his guy at the line a bit and stood there. Not that getting burned all the time would be ok, but it would hurt a lot less if he hadn't quit on the team too. We needed Fleming bad.

Whaley being out hurt. Brennan Clay just does his favorite thing: Take handoff, run into Offensive Lineman, fall down. If the lineman got push, Clay gets yards. If the lineman doesn't get push, Clay doesn't get yards. No Whaley killed us offensively.

On top of all that, there were some ref issues. Called 2 Intentional Groundings but missed a 3rd where the ball didn't make it back to the LOS on a drive that TT eventually scored on. And then Colvin made the dumbest play (a correct call) when he grabbed that guy who wasn't gonna catch the ball anyway and gave TT a new set of downs and led to a score. But on top of all that, with the calls against us, Jaz was held and then pushed in the endzone, ball in the air, and no call. He should have caught it still, but that deserved a flag.

So it's difficult to point at any one thing. Our receivers were awful the first half, our corner got beat routinely, our QB had an off game, our DLine couldn't get pressure outside the 3rd quarter...

And the weather sucked. The rain + wind was one of the 5 worst weather events I've ever been in. Just nasty.

Man that was no good. Couldn't get anything going. Hopefully we can get it turned around, two pretty tough games coming up. Goggins, you're the worst poster in the history of the Internet. Congrats!
I was clear they would not go undefeated and win the BCS championship game so unlike LHUCKS my prediction came true. ;)

Lots of Texas trolls in here. Surprising for two reasons:

1. 55-17

2. Your thread is two years. Reason probably is that teams who can't even rate a bowl game, don't deserve their own thread. East Carolina deserves a thread about as much as Texas does. :thumbup:

ETA: Apologies to East Carolina for comparing you to Texas. Pirates actually went to a bowl game last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
They'll still make the title game if they win out.
No they won't.
The truth lies somewhere in the middle. OU will have a chance if they win out. But that chance if dependent upon all of the schools ahead of them. It happens every year when we reach this point. There are still 7-8 undefeated teams and the talk is all about what happens if all or most of them go undefeated. But then they start knocking each other out and we're left with 1 or 2 undefeated teams. The teams with 1 loss that occurred earlier in the season get a boost over teams whose 1 loss happened later in the season under the "what have you done for me lately?" theory. Say Alabama beats LSU and wins the SEC, Clemson loses to VaTech in the ACCCG, Oregon beats Stanford but loses to ASU in the Pac12CG. If that happens, I think it's possible we see an Alabama/LSU NCG. But OU's wins against OSU, KSU, BU and A&M could vault them over everyone else into the No. 2 spot.

No they won't.
The truth lies somewhere in the middle. OU will have a chance if they win out. But that chance if dependent upon all of the schools ahead of them. It happens every year when we reach this point. There are still 7-8 undefeated teams and the talk is all about what happens if all or most of them go undefeated. But then they start knocking each other out and we're left with 1 or 2 undefeated teams. The teams with 1 loss that occurred earlier in the season get a boost over teams whose 1 loss happened later in the season under the "what have you done for me lately?" theory. Say Alabama beats LSU and wins the SEC, Clemson loses to VaTech in the ACCCG, Oregon beats Stanford but loses to ASU in the Pac12CG. If that happens, I think it's possible we see an Alabama/LSU NCG. But OU's wins against OSU, KSU, BU and A&M could vault them over everyone else into the No. 2 spot.
the lack of a Big 12 Championship game this year will hurt their chances but a 1 loss OU team has the best chance of any 1 loss team in the country to play in the BCS Championship. Probably better than a 1 loss LSU/Bama because of media derailment for a rematch and a strong computer rating for OU.

Lots of Texas trolls in here. Surprising for two reasons: 1. 55-172. Your thread is two years. Reason probably is that teams who can't even rate a bowl game, don't deserve their own thread. East Carolina deserves a thread about as much as Texas does. :thumbup:ETA: Apologies to East Carolina for comparing you to Texas. Pirates actually went to a bowl game last year.
What does your point #1 have to do with OU falling faster than a sinking ship? :confused: Should I just keep repeating 4-2 (Rangers/Tigers) to you as a comeback?

Lots of Texas trolls in here. Surprising for two reasons: 1. 55-172. Your thread is two years. Reason probably is that teams who can't even rate a bowl game, don't deserve their own thread. East Carolina deserves a thread about as much as Texas does. :thumbup:ETA: Apologies to East Carolina for comparing you to Texas. Pirates actually went to a bowl game last year.
What does your point #1 have to do with OU falling faster than a sinking ship? :confused:
Ships don't fall you rube, they sink.

No they won't.
the lack of a Big 12 Championship game this year will hurt their chances but a 1 loss OU team has the best chance of any 1 loss team in the country to play in the BCS Championship. Probably better than a 1 loss LSU/Bama because of media derailment for a rematch and a strong computer rating for OU.
They play Okie State on Decemeber 3rd, which might be a de facto championship game.

What does your point #1 have to do with OU falling faster than a sinking ship? :confused:
So are you upset because I said the Tigers weren't going to beat the Rangers and OU was not going undefeated and winning a championship?

No they won't.
Yep, this is the time of year when all legitimate 1 loss teams start figuring out their best-case scenario.If next weeks LSU/'Bama game turns out to be a "clash of the titans"-type great game, I could see the loser only dropping to 4 or 5 in the human polls. With the game being next week, it might still give the loser time to work their way up to #2 when the other undefeated teams start to fall.Can we ban Goggins from college football threads? What do MLB predictions have to do with college football?
If the loser of LSU/BAMA game doesn't get blown out and then runs the table they should still be ranked higher than OU even if OU runs the table (which I don't think they will) at end of season.

No they won't.
Yep, this is the time of year when all legitimate 1 loss teams start figuring out their best-case scenario.If next weeks LSU/'Bama game turns out to be a "clash of the titans"-type great game, I could see the loser only dropping to 4 or 5 in the human polls. With the game being next week, it might still give the loser time to work their way up to #2 when the other undefeated teams start to fall.Can we ban Goggins from college football threads? What do MLB predictions have to do with college football?
Re-thinking it, OU would probably have a better shot if LSU goes into Tuscaloosa, beats Alabama and then wins out.

It's a pipe dream at this point and if OU can't beat Tech at home I don't know how we can expect they'll win the rest of their games. It would also be a crime if this team jumps Boise. I'm just hoping to ruin it for OSU, we owe them for '01 or whenever that abortion of a 16-13 game happened.

It's a pipe dream at this point and if OU can't beat Tech at home I don't know how we can expect they'll win the rest of their games. It would also be a crime if this team jumps Boise. I'm just hoping to ruin it for OSU, we owe them for '01 or whenever that abortion of a 16-13 game happened.
Plenty of teams who made it to the NCG put up a stinker:In '08 Florida lost to Ole Miss.In '07 LSU lost to Kentucky & ArkansasIn '06 Florida lost to AuburnIn '03 LSU lost to a five loss FloridaIn '01 Nebraska lost to Colorado

:D

Plenty of possibility to go to the title game. Let's face it: 2 SEC teams are not going to play each other for the title. Period. It may nto be right, they may be "the best two," but the BCS won't put them against each other.

If we win out (entirely possible), then we have a shot to. We need:

Oregon loss, Stanford loss, Clemson loss

It'd be easier if one of the top two lost more than once in the SEC.

But if everyone ha sone loss, I think we go over every team. BCS dislikes the Pac-10 (now 12) and loves the Big 12. We'd have wins over #2 OSU (if they win out til Bedlam), a top 10 KState team, a top 15 Texas, a top 10/15 A&M, potentially ranked Baylor, top 5 FSU - that's a lot of quality wins. The computers only take into account rank when you beat someone, I believe.

So it is possible. Crazier things have certainly happened in college football.

On an entirely unrelated note: what's up with Goggins trolling in here? I thought his stupid shtick was reserved for marriage/divorce/women are evil threads?

Plenty of possibility to go to the title game. Let's face it: 2 SEC teams are not going to play each other for the title. Period. It may nto be right, they may be "the best two," but the BCS won't put them against each other.

But if everyone ha sone loss, I think we go over every team. BCS dislikes the Pac-10 (now 12) and loves the Big 12. We'd have wins over #2 OSU (if they win out til Bedlam), a top 10 KState team, a top 15 Texas, a top 10/15 A&M, potentially ranked Baylor, top 5 FSU - that's a lot of quality wins. The computers only take into account rank when you beat someone, I believe.

On an entirely unrelated note: what's up with Goggins trolling in here? I thought his stupid shtick was reserved for marriage/divorce/women are evil threads?
AH HA!!!! I KNEW IT!

I'd be interested to know how both Oregon and Stanford will each lose a game....

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7144020

I think Skip has finally snapped his last string of sanity!
While the sentiment is silly, the reasons for it are very solid.
Agreed, but seriously what other coach is better?
I didn't say there was one. Thus my "the sentiment is silly" statement. But the fact is OU puts up a stinker almost every year.Bad losses:

2001 OSU in Norman when it was 3-7

2002 OSU when it was 6-5 and A&M when it was 5-4

2003 KSU 35-7 drubbing in the Big 12 CG

2004 The mind-boggling butt kicking by USC

2006 The Boise St Fiesta Bowl debacle

2007 Colorado when it had a losing record and the West Virginia Fiesta Bowl debacle

2011 TTech in Norman when it was a 28 point dog

I know it's very hard to go undefeated. Very few teams do it. But it's one thing to go 12-2 losing to a 12-1 Texas and a 12-1 Florida like OU did in 2008. It's a whole other thing to let mediocre teams derail the season or to get run off the field.

I assume Skip is Skip Bayless, so I refuse to click on the link, but I am curious - what is he advocating? A coaching change?
Well he is "spitting MAD" at Stoops (literally)! Skip goes on to say how Stoops is a great recruiter, but cannot get his team up for big games. Gave the history of Stoops team laying an egg in games, but he did say that he has never been a fan of Stoops.

I didn't say there was one. Thus my "the sentiment is silly" statement. But the fact is OU puts up a stinker almost every year.Bad losses:

2001 OSU in Norman when it was 3-7

2002 OSU when it was 6-5 and A&M when it was 5-4

2003 KSU 35-7 drubbing in the Big 12 CG

2004 The mind-boggling butt kicking by USC

2006 The Boise St Fiesta Bowl debacle

2007 Colorado when it had a losing record and the West Virginia Fiesta Bowl debacle

2011 TTech in Norman when it was a 28 point dog

I know it's very hard to go undefeated. Very few teams do it. But it's one thing to go 12-2 losing to a 12-1 Texas and a 12-1 Florida like OU did in 2008. It's a whole other thing to let mediocre teams derail the season or to get run off the field.
:goodposting:

AH HA!!!! I KNEW IT!

I'd be interested to know how both Oregon and Stanford will each lose a game....
I'm not saying they will. Just saying it's possible. It's not like anyone looked at the schedule and thought OU would lose to Tech...Say Oregon beats Stanford and loses to ASU? That's possible.

Say Stanford beats Oregon and then Luck gets hurt?

So many things happen every year that while it is no longer likely we go to the title game, it is certainly possible if we win out.

AH HA!!!! I KNEW IT!

I'm not saying they will. Just saying it's possible. It's not like anyone looked at the schedule and thought OU would lose to Tech...Say Oregon beats Stanford and loses to ASU? That's possible.

Say Stanford beats Oregon and then Luck gets hurt?

So many things happen every year that while it is no longer likely we go to the title game, it is certainly possible if we win out.
I hear you, but I just don't think it is likely. In the SEC, everybody has virtually agreed that it is LSU, Alabama and then a steep drop off to Arkansas. Nobody is even contemplating another loss in there for either team. I think the Pac-12 is similarly constructed this year with Stanford, Oregon and then a huge drop-off to what's been a rotation of teams to date (ASU, then Washington and now USC). I think what Stanford went out and demonstrated last week is that they are NOT just Andrew Luck and 10 other pieces. They ran for over 400 yards and Luck only threw the ball 21 times for 161 yards. Stanford is a smash mouth team and even if Luck missed a game, I don't see anybody outside of Oregon challenging them.

Oregon was without its two best players on Saturday, went into Colorado and damn near covered the 32 point spread by the end of the first quarter.

I don't think the Pac-12 has a Texas Tech in it. Oregon struggled against ASU at times and still won the game 41-27.

But I see your point. It's possible, of course. I just don't envision a scenario where Stanford or Oregon loses another game in their division, which makes their match-up an enormous one...almost as important as the LSU/Bama tilt.

AH HA!!!! I KNEW ITI'd be interested to know how both Oregon and Stanford will each lose a game....
One word: Kiffycakes
Maybe. I don't think I'd bet that way, but maybe. Stanford is a 7.5 fave on the road against Kiffy this week, so they could be walking into the same trap that Wisconsin did as 7.5 point faves last week going into MSU. USC will not walk out of Autzen with a victory. Teams don't win there. Ask OU and Michigan.**Please don't ask Boise St. ;)

AH HA!!!! I KNEW IT

Maybe. I don't think I'd bet that way, but maybe. Stanford is a 7.5 fave on the road against Kiffy this week, so they could be walking into the same trap that Wisconsin did as 7.5 point faves last week going into MSU. USC will not walk out of Autzen with a victory. Teams don't win there. Ask OU and Michigan.*

*Please don't ask Boise St. ;)
Yeah, it's tough when you're playing the refs too.
To quote one of the more famous Ducks.

AH HA!!!! I KNEW ITI'd be interested to know how both Oregon and Stanford will each lose a game....
Maybe. I don't think I'd bet that way, but maybe. Stanford is a 7.5 fave on the road against Kiffy this week, so they could be walking into the same trap that Wisconsin did as 7.5 point faves last week going into MSU. USC will not walk out of Autzen with a victory. Teams don't win there. Ask OU and Michigan.**Please don't ask Boise St. ;)
I agree USC has no chance at Oregon. I was thinking Stanford loses to USC (that matchup has had some weird results recently) and Stanford loses to Oregon.Regardless, I don't think OU deserves to vault Boise assuming they both win out, which is a pretty big assumption when it comes to OU imo. And do you really claim that game in Oregon against OU as a win? I'd be embarrassed to bring that up if I were an Oregon fan.

Users who are viewing this thread