What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL - SEC 12 - 0 *** (4 Viewers)

Oklahoma LB Eric Striker was asked if he gets pumped about facing the SEC, given that the Sooners play at Tennessee on Saturday. "I don't know why people blow gas up their a-- all the time. I don't understand why." Striker is 2-0 against the SEC as a Sooner. OU beat Tennessee last year, and Alabama the year before that in the Sugar Bowl.

Sterling kinda reminding me of his daddy tonight, going crazy in a big comeback tonight. Never will forget Shep Sr. twisting away from two guys and busting it 60 for a TD to begin the great comeback against the Aggies. No single play quite like that for Jr. tonight but a couple really big ones. Not pretty and maybe Tenn sucks it up the rest of the way. But still, I'll take it.

Big win on the road against an up and coming SEC team. Hopefully this very young OU team can build on this game and keep the momentum going!

I am not going to lie, at 17-0 I thought they were in big trouble and I all but wrote them off.

I was even asking for Knight after Baker threw pick #2, but that just shows you Stoops knows a hell of a lot more than me!

BOOMER!

Oklahoma LB Eric Striker was asked if he gets pumped about facing the SEC, given that the Sooners play at Tennessee on Saturday. "I don't know why people blow gas up their a-- all the time. I don't understand why." Striker is 2-0 against the SEC as a Sooner. OU beat Tennessee last year, and Alabama the year before that in the Sugar Bowl.
He told Vols fans after the game they should send all their five star recruits to OU. :lmao:

Defense played out of their minds in the second half, I mean they completely shut Tennessee down. This tells me Mike made some halftime adjustments and they rolled pressure to the strong side taking Hurd out of the game and putting it on Dobbs. This unit has good personnel though, and that makes all the difference. I hated those sloppy and secondary-challenged Ds from 2009-2013, I think these guys can dominate ok teams and hold big offenses at bay (Well maybe not Baylor, I just think Baylor is incredibly good).

The offense looked terrific in the 4th and in OT, but they can't continue to start slow like this. Luckily they get Baylor and TCU late in the season but if they started like they did tonight and last week against those teams, it will be 35-0 not 17-0.

Mayfield has some serious moxy though, can't help but be impressed. Also did he dip himself in butter tonight? He must have avoided 6 or 7 sacks tonight via the slip.

Offensive line was really bad until they finally wore the Vols D-line down in the 4th. So conditioning is good, technique not good. Young unit that needs to come together pretty quickly.

That was a pretty satisfying win, they had to have that for this season to be a good one. Team is pretty young and with the new OC they may be a bit rough around the edges early on, but I think the offense will be more than fine by mid-season. If they can throw down the field for big gainers, defenses will have to back off the line and Perine and Mixon are gonna go crazy.

:lol: the secondary is so bad! Tulsa just passing at will. Regardless of this last Hail Mary to end the half. D Coordinator Stoops has a great handle on this defensive scheme. :lol:

Logan Thomas didn't suit up and Stoops is pretty pissed about it. Never heard coach call out a kid like that in a post game conference. We should find out soon what happened there.

I was stuck working today; got called in 3@ minutes before kickoff. Forgot to set DVR. Only got to see highlights on soonersports.com....

Wish I could have watched Baker set records today.

D has for a lot of work to do. U know this is a young team when they are so Jeckyl and Hyde.

Texas might be interesting as they have some young talent themselves....

Don't look past WVU.

BOOMER

:lol: the secondary is so bad! Tulsa just passing at will. Regardless of this last Hail Mary to end the half. D Coordinator Stoops has a great handle on this defensive scheme. :lol:
Tulsa is like 4th in the country in passing. Not a good day but they were playing a very good passing team.

I noticed you had nothing to say after they dominated the Vols last week but you're the first guy to coach bash when things don't go well.

If Perine and Mixon didn't fumble then the game would have been out of reach before halftime.

I'm not overly concerned about the D. In the big 12 bend but don't break is the name of the game. Just gotta contain these high powered offenses. U can't expect to shut them down.

The offense is starting to exceed my expectations. At least, the QB play and the WRs. Offensive line still needs work, and the run game is just starting to get going.

BOOMER

Last edited by a moderator:
Dominated!? WTF :lol:

Tulsa is like 4th in the country in passing. Not a good day but they were playing a very good passing team.

I noticed you had nothing to say after they dominated the Vols last week but you're the first guy to coach bash when things don't go well.
No doubt Tulsa will move up in the passing category after the dismal performance by the Sooners D.

SHIZNITTTT said:
Dominated!? WTF :lol:

Doctor Detroit said:

No doubt Tulsa will move up in the passing category after the dismal performance by the Sooners D.
Yeah the D dominated in the 2nd half vs Tennessee (66 total yards), I guess you missed it.

Tulsa was already 4th in passing yards coming into the game, they have about 1200 yards passing on the season now in three games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baker Mayfield isn't the runner Knight is but he has to be one of the most elusive QBs in the pocket I've ever seen. Always seems to have five paws on him and then he breaks free and produces positive plays on the fly. So far I'm pretty impressed with his composure under fire given the line play has been pretty iffy thus far. The team doesn't lack offensive weapons though and they should grow as a unit as each game passes.

So you're the head coach of a team that just gave up a 80+ yard TD drive before the half. What do you do when you find out that your DC (who watched his team give up 600+ yards in the game) was in the elevator when your team gives up a Hail Mary TD to finish the half after a successful onside KO?

So you're the head coach of a team that just gave up a 80+ yard TD drive before the half. What do you do when you find out that your DC (who watched his team give up 600+ yards in the game) was in the elevator when your team gives up a Hail Mary TD to finish the half after a successful onside KO?
This is a joke right?

Baylor is going to kill them but I think they can beat anyone else on the schedule. Going to Manhattan seems like a trap game, I'm not sure how good they are but they have to go to Stillwater in two weeks. We'll know more after that game.

This is a joke right?
No, it was a question, dummy.
Thank goodness for the internet.

This is a joke right?
No, it was a question, dummy.
Is this out of the ordinary? I thought some coaches always came down from the box a little early to maximize the amount of time they have with the team at halftime to make adjustments. I'm sure the assistants on the sideline are capable of drawing up a Hail Mary defense. :shrug:

ETA: Unless the other team is already in the red zone or something.
Saturday would demonstrate otherwise.

At Bob Stoops' press conference in Norman on Monday, Carey Murdock of soonerscoop.com asked Stoops about Baylor running backs coach/passing game coordinator Jeff Lebby's presence on the sideline Saturday, and Stoops responded with "it needs to be reported and dealt with."

oops
Baylor sure has gotten the slime factor down pretty quickly haven't they?

He should be suspended for the OU game.
Meh, who cares? What's he going to learn there that he wouldn't on film? He's got lots of ties with both the OU and Tulsa coaches. Plus, it's not like Baylor needs help figuring out what we're doing based on the last two years.

Before people freak out, I thought the defense actually played quite well against a very formidable offense. Not keeping the edge on the 50 yard 4th down play was awful, but otherwise they brought a ton of pressure and for the most part kept a really fast team in front of them.

The offensive play calling is extremely questionable and Perine having only 8 carries half way through the 4th is dumb. He ran for 224 yards against these guys last year, you have to find more ways to give him the ball.

Mayfield is growing every week but he's still making some poor decisions, but I blame the play calling for some of that. When you are up 10 points in the second half with Perine, Mixon, Ross and others they need to run the damn ball.

I think next year this team is a legit contender, but I think they have a ways to go this year. Luckily we have a month before having to play TCU or Baylor.

Before people freak out, I thought the defense actually played quite well against a very formidable offense. Not keeping the edge on the 50 yard 4th down play was awful, but otherwise they brought a ton of pressure and for the most part kept a really fast team in front of them.

The offensive play calling is extremely questionable and Perine having only 8 carries half way through the 4th is dumb. He ran for 224 yards against these guys last year, you have to find more ways to give him the ball.

Mayfield is growing every week but he's still making some poor decisions, but I blame the play calling for some of that. When you are up 10 points in the second half with Perine, Mixon, Ross and others they need to run the damn ball.

I think next year this team is a legit contender, but I think they have a ways to go this year. Luckily we have a month before having to play TCU or Baylor.
That OL is terrible blocking the run. They were getting blown up all day long.

They aren't that great pass protecting either. You have to keep going to the well IMO, they aren't going to become better run blockers by not doing it.

They aren't that great pass protecting either. You have to keep going to the well IMO, they aren't going to become better run blockers by not doing it.
They're only going as far as Mayfield and the WRs get them this year. They need to go with their strength.

Well it looks as if OU still has a very hard time of stopping a running QB. So sad to see OU struggle against Texas after seeing Texas give up so many points to so many teams.

Ugh so bad. I am dreading the Baylor game
I don't understand why Perine is only out there for about 30% of the snaps. Hurt? He better be because otherwise that's just horrific game planning. They should have been run first right out of the gate, because they have zero pass protection.

Stoops has lost his edge.
I think the problem is that when OU starts the season 4-0 the fans start believing the hype. I think OU is better than they played today, but we are not as good as some thought. OU pooped the bed today. I hope that Dr.Detroit is correct when he says, "OU is 1 year away!" I thougth I was a cup half full kinda guy when it comes to OU, but man I had to leave the SoonerFans forum today after half the people on there went on suicide watch. Everyone wants to do a knee jerk reaction and start firing all the coaches.

That OL is pathetic.
Yeah, and having no adjustments throughout the game is baffling. When the announcers are giving away "Tells" on our offensive linemen it is pretty obvious OU is not where they need to be on the offensive line. Seems as if the offensive line struggles against blitzes, and struggles to open lanes for the running game.

Ok, they are really really struggling at the moment. Or, they are pathetic.

I think the problem is that when OU starts the season 4-0 the fans start believing the hype. I think OU is better than they played today, but we are not as good as some thought. OU pooped the bed today. I hope that Dr.Detroit is correct when he says, "OU is 1 year away!" I thougth I was a cup half full kinda guy when it comes to OU, but man I had to leave the SoonerFans forum today after half the people on there went on suicide watch. Everyone wants to do a knee jerk reaction and start firing all the coaches.
Was rascal over there?

Was rascal over there?
not a chance in hell

And stoops has lost his edge whether you want to admit it or not. By edge I mean creativity/urgency.

User Actions
Following

Oklahoma FootballVerified account@OU_Football

When we return to Gaylord Family – Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, it will be at 2:30 p.m. vs TTU. We'll need you LOUD!

• RETWEETS114
  • FAVORITES205

10:45 AM - 12 Oct 2015

Retweet

Favorite

More

Tweet text

Reply to @OU_Football

Who's in these photos?

I thought the Texas game might be close but I didn't think they'd lose to a team that can't throw the ball and who can't defend the pass. The O-line gave Mayfield no time at all until the late 3rd quarter, and even then it was spotty protection at best. I know they have a freshman and sophomore on the left side but the seniors are terrible also, might as well see the underclassman play instead if these guys are gonna be this bad. D-line play is solid but the back seven just isn't good, have poor technique, and don't look like they have gone through a tackling drill since they were in high school.

Offensively they need to run more which may help the o-line tire the opponents d-line out (which seems to have happened in every game fwiw). Run and play action pass early, open it up once you establish some sort of balance. I still think they are capable of beating anyone but Baylor but after watching the Texas game, it could be a four loss season.

They are just angry today. K-State isn't what they were the past few years but they had TCU last week and blew it, so they aren't a slouch either.

Mods>please close this thread

Only time anything is posted is when the faithful here come to ##### about a close game or a loss. Can't even enjoy a 55-0 win over a quality team anymore. oof

What are you talking about closing this thread? :lol: are you mad that everyone isn't walking around with their chest out after pounding k state? It was a good win

O-line still looked pretty bad.

Snyder seemed to be off his game yesterday. Poor play calling both sides of the ball for KSU.

A little of both, I think.

Couple easy games before things get nuts in November. It's going to be a crazy month in the Big 12. Russell getting hurt is huge. Conference race is wide open, and it's very unlikely the Big 12 gets left out this year.

What's the word on Sanchez?

Users who are viewing this thread