What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL - SEC 12 - 0 *** (2 Viewers)

AND, OU's secondary still getting burnt pretty much every play. Someday this will change I think once Stoops, and/or Stoops are gone.

So OU playing maybe the best game in years. And, they do stupid crap like ripping helmets off, and kicking players on the ground. Shooting self in foot. Hope they turn it around.

AND, OU's secondary still getting burnt pretty much every play. Someday this will change I think once Stoops, and/or Stoops are gone.
SHIZNITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSHIZNITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

SHIZNITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Best Texas troller on the board. :thumbup:

I do feel like in the five or so years I've been an OU fan (I didn't care prior to attending, my family is all Illinois grads), we seem to commit more stupid penalties than any other team. You'd think a program like ours could have some discipline.

I do feel like in the five or so years I've been an OU fan (I didn't care prior to attending, my family is all Illinois grads), we seem to commit more stupid penalties than any other team. You'd think a program like ours could have some discipline.
I think the hallmark of this team over that period is the defensive timeouts. They have to lead the nation in those.

I think the hallmark of this team over that period is the defensive timeouts. They have to lead the nation in those.
Yes. We always use timeouts worse than any other team too. How does that happen?

Also..if this team or Ok. St. wins out, they go to the playoff, right? Right? Riiiiight?

My Stanford-OU national title game dream died tonight anyway I think though.

Also..if this team or Ok. St. wins out, they go to the playoff, right? Right? Riiiiight?

I'm not sure - if Clemson, Ohio St, and Alabama win out, there's one spot left.

If Notre Dame wins out, that's where the argument happens. Undefeated OSU passes them, but one-loss OU isn't certain IMO.

I'm not sure - if Clemson, Ohio St, and Alabama win out, there's one spot left.

If Notre Dame wins out, that's where the argument happens. Undefeated OSU passes them, but one-loss OU isn't certain IMO.
Good point. I keep discounting "one-loss ND" because I assume Stanford beats them but that's really a pretty poor assumption. Hmmmmm.

That was a very satisfying win. They better not come out flat against TCU next week, I saw the eye of the tiger in this team tonight. Stoops was locked in, the players were locked in, the program looked locked in.

Riley called a great game. He interviewed for the North Texas job this week but I'm not sure why he wouldn't at least see this through next year, unless he gets an offer from a P5 school. His time will come.

Holding Baylor to a three year low in passing yards was great. They had pressure with four guys and the secondary wasn't giving a whole lot of space to the Baylor WRs. Thomas looked great, he's a legit #1 corner in the toughest conference to be a corner. Tapper was beastly, Evans is terrific, and Alexander sans the dumb penalty, was everywhere. This defense has not one impact senior and seven starters are freshman and sophomores.

I thought they'd beat TCU anyway, but they need to show that intensity. I think this team is going to be top 5 next year and with Ohio State coming to Norman, they'll have a chance to put themselves at the head of the pack out of the gate. Given the youth of the team I did not expect to be a top 8 team at this point in the season, and the Texas loss didn't surprise me at all. Not really sure how it surprised anyone, this is a very young team with a new O coordinator, new QB, and a defense with little game experience. They probably should have lost to Tennessee, so I don't think dwelling on that Texas game makes sense. If they played them next week they'd crush them, but this team was still gelling in week 5.

SHIZ>can you lighten up just a little bit? You're just a bit of a downer. I don't dislike you, I just wish we could get through a big game with a glass is half full approach. These guys are pretty good, better than we've had in five or six years. Just sayin. Also so you know I'm 6'2" 225, I'm 41, and I rarely drink anymore because I'm always on call. Also I may need one of those machines you mentioned, but I couldn't find a reference to it anywhere. Is it a penis pump?

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a very satisfying win. They better not come out flat against TCU next week, I saw the eye of the tiger in this team tonight. Stoops was locked in, the players were locked in, the program looked locked in.

Riley called a great game. He interviewed for the North Texas job this week but I'm not sure why he wouldn't at least see this through next year, unless he gets an offer from a P5 school. His time will come.

Holding Baylor to a three year low in passing yards was great. They had pressure with four guys and the secondary wasn't giving a whole lot of space to the Baylor WRs. Thomas looked great, he's a legit #1 corner in the toughest conference to be a corner. Tapper was beastly, Evans is terrific, and Alexander sans the dumb penalty, was everywhere. This defense has not one impact senior and seven starters are freshman and sophomores.

I thought they'd beat TCU anyway, but they need to show that intensity. I think this team is going to be top 5 next year and with Ohio State coming to Norman, they'll have a chance to put themselves at the head of the pack out of the gate. Given the youth of the team I did not expect to be a top 8 team at this point in the season, and the Texas loss didn't surprise me at all. Not really sure how it surprised anyone, this is a very young team with a new O coordinator, new QB, and a defense with little game experience. They probably should have lost to Tennessee, so I don't think dwelling on that Texas game makes sense. If they played them next week they'd crush them, but this team was still gelling in week 5.

SHIZ>can you lighten up just a little bit? You're just a bit of a downer. I don't dislike you, I just wish we could get through a big game with a glass is half full approach. These guys are pretty good, better than we've had in five or six years. Just sayin. Also so you know I'm 6'2" 225, I'm 41, and I rarely drink anymore because I'm always on call. Also I may need one of those machines you mentioned, but I couldn't find a reference to it anywhere. Is it a penis pump?
I think Tapper and Striker are impact seniors. Also Bond has been when healthy.

Soonerman said:
Doctor Detroit said:

I think Tapper and Striker are impact seniors. Also Bond has been when healthy.
Yeah I was looking at a 2014 roster. :bag:

Was at the game. OU did an excellent job of shutting down BU after suffering some rather brutal losses to BU the last few years They were able to control the run with only rushing 3 and BU's receivers were seldom open. BU's QB was hurt early in the game but still played. OU had a great showing with fans showing up. The venue was great. Unusual for a BU crowd to stand for most of the game. Big 12 is going to end up beating up each other in the remaining games.

Phil Elliott said:
Was at the game. OU did an excellent job of shutting down BU after suffering some rather brutal losses to BU the last few years They were able to control the run with only rushing 3 and BU's receivers were seldom open. BU's QB was hurt early in the game but still played. OU had a great showing with fans showing up. The venue was great. Unusual for a BU crowd to stand for most of the game. Big 12 is going to end up beating up each other in the remaining games.
So you're saying Baylor over OSU, OU over TCU, and OSU over OU?

So you're saying Baylor over OSU, OU over TCU, and OSU over OU?
Something like that.

All it takes is win and we're in? Or do you think we need key losses? What's the word?

Also - I believe Michigan State and Oklahoma are the only two school in the top 10 of booth football and basketball. Boomer!

Mayfield has passed both the first two concussion protocol hurdles. If they don't have him it's gonna be tough, Knight is not good.

Perine and Mixon both should be fine, Perine for sure.

All it takes is win and we're in? Or do you think we need key losses? What's the word?

Also - I believe Michigan State and Oklahoma are the only two school in the top 10 of booth football and basketball. Boomer!
Florida got both championships at once, I believe. Hard to compete with that...

Florida got both championships at once, I believe. Hard to compete with that...
Definitely can't top that, but OU's had some nice concurrent runs. Played for both titles in 1987, but lost to Miami and Kansas (grr). Played Washington in the Orange Bowl with a shot at passing BYU for the football title and had an Elite 8 run as a #1 seed with Tisdale in 1984. Stoops and Sampson combined for some contending years in the early 2000s.

We're going to Dallas #####es!!!!

Thankfully the 2k Sooners fans wanting Stoops fired after the Texas game didn't get their way. :mellow:

Terrific job bringing in Lincoln Riley, going with Mayfield, sticking with Mayfield vs Tennessee, letting Mixon, Perine, and Shepard do what they do, and letting Mike run a more aggressive defensive scheme.

People poo poo'd the Techa Tech and K-State wins, but they rebounded quickly and then beat two of the top teams in the country on the road and one at home for a terrific and improbable finish.

I thought they were a year away from getting to the playoff, this team has pretty much exceeded everyone's expectations. :banned:

BOOMER!

The Clemson bowl nightmare still scares me, but this team just looks really strong. Stanford did us a favor by leaving no doubt, but OU took care of business.

How surprised are you guys that TCU beat Baylor? That shocked me.

The Clemson bowl nightmare still scares me, but this team just looks really strong. Stanford did us a favor by leaving no doubt, but OU took care of business.

How surprised are you guys that TCU beat Baylor? That shocked me.
I seriously thought that Baylor would win that game as well.

Users who are viewing this thread