What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (2 Viewers)

Victims of domestic violence and sexual assault often times keep it to themselves for fear, embarrassment, and shame.  Going back to the abuser is not uncommon and to draw conclusions that she is full of crap because she returned to him or waited to report is not wise.  

I have no idea what the truth is but I won't assume that she is lying nor AB is guilty until additional facts come out or an investigation concludes.
Plus there's never a shortage of men willing to demonize the accuser.   So, pretty good reason why so many incidents never get reported. 

Sad for everyone involved. 

Yes. Both. 

In Brown’s attorney’s letter, he admits to consensual sex. But the texts, if they are real, are damning. 
Thanks. The masturbation stuff is getting all the headlines, the rape is like a  buried lead. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t understand this. It seems that some of you have learned absolutely nothing about the Me Too movement, about men in power and how sexual assault happens. 
I only read the FBG email so far. I'm not saying he's guilty or innocent. Just the facts as stated sound weird.

Those don’t bother you? 
they are basically just calling her a liar aren't they?   He's not saying he did any of it in them, he's denying everything she is saying in those texts if I am reading them right.   Not sure how they are incriminating.  

I’m not saying at this point that he’s guilty; it sounds bad but we don’t have enough evidence at this point to know one way or the other. 

But the arguments that there are multiple incidents, that it’s a civil charge, that the timing seems “suspicious”- all of these are terrible arguments. 

I’m not saying at this point that he’s guilty; it sounds bad but we don’t have enough evidence at this point to know one way or the other. 

But the arguments that there are multiple incidents, that it’s a civil charge, that the timing seems “suspicious”- all of these are terrible arguments. 
right - at this point, any speculation is just that. he could be clean, he could be dirty.  No clue. But let's not make assumptions about women that are victims would have reacted.

Not really. Why now?

why does the abused woman keep back to the abusive guy? 

why do victims of sexual assault wait years to report it? 

you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Just stop. Guy hasnt even played a game for the Patriots and hes got the full support of the blind die hards...
This clown just answered the other posters question of "why did she wait 2 yrs."  because of clowns making comments like that 

According to what I’m reading he forcibly kissed her in June of 2017, jerked off on her in July of 2017 and the alleged rape happened almost a year later in May of 2018.  Is that timeline correct?  

because while I understand that victims oftentimes stay with their attackers, I really think it strains credulity to believe that after forcibly being kissed and a month later being jerked off on, that a personal trainer would still be hanging around a year later.  

who is the guy thay said ab probably wouldnt suit up for the pats in here? It was a statement and no followup

Someone find that post. Kinda eerie now

guilty or not, as a professional sports franchise (one of the biggest in the world) do you not just cut ties now?

ya, i know the pats can be greasy, but rape is a completely different category in 2019. it's untouchable

I don’t understand this. It seems that some of you have learned absolutely nothing about the Me Too movement, about men in power and how sexual assault happens. 
Ignorance is bliss.Come on some of these guys think the whole Me Too movement was just an assault on real masculinity and trying to get women more power. 

According to what I’m reading he forcibly kissed her in June of 2017, jerked off on her in July of 2017 and the alleged rape happened almost a year later in May of 2018.  Is that timeline correct?  

because while I understand that victims oftentimes stay with their attackers, I really think it strains credulity to believe that after forcibly being kissed and a month later being jerked off on, that a personal trainer would still be hanging around a year later.  
It doesn’t to me.  The complaint describes a fairly reasonable sounding situation in a terrible line of work. 

Recall the Peyton Manning allegations. I believe that was a two year stretch. 

Was she working for him?  Had he hired her to be his trainer? Could explain multiple times or at least an argument can be made by a lawyer  that is the reason why. I don't know.  We all know how much Bill likes distractions. Going to be a couple days till all the details come out. I would wait to see what happens in the next few days before freaking out on AB and or assuming innocence or guilt. Give him his due process and let her voice her accusations. 
Yes I think it said he hired her.  But I honestly don’t believe after her employer busted on her back that she’d be there a year later.  

Users who are viewing this thread