What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (6 Viewers)

Patrick Chung was charged with a felony crime for cocaine possession and is still playing. Do you really think a civil case involving a he said she said is going to get the Patriots to jump? Chung is a decent player. Brown has been an elite player. NE will give Brown a broad birth. That’s their decision not how I feel before people jump all over me.
Probably not, because the Patriots "win at all costs no matter what" culture is a big reason why they have been great for so long.  No one expects the Patriots to all of a sudden "do the right thing." 

No it just means AB is a bad character dude already. Given his flaws I wouldn't put it past him to rape or commit some unlawful sexual behavior 
10-4. seems like a me first guy anyways in the sports world and if he didn't have social media he would have a lot less problems.   I never thought of him as a "bad" (in the prison sort of way) guy I guess.

I'm shocked Chung is even playing. I'd think the NFL would've put him on indefinite leave of absence till that was taken care of. 
From what I read, unless Chung failed a drug test, by rule, they have to wait until the case is resolved to be able to suspend him. It’s not a drug test issue, a performance enhancement issue, or an act of violence issue. So they have to wait. 

When he is charged with a crime. Which to this point is a complete unknown what, if anything, was reported to or investigated by the police. In short, way too soon to tell what the police know or did about any of this. 
I think that filing a civil suit fairly well precludes the possibility of a criminal case, doesn't it?  See Bryant, Kobe.  As soon as the complainant filed a civil suit in that situation, the criminal case was dead.

for the patriots it's likely not a matter of if he did it or not, rather if they really want to partake in this circus. they might
Patrick Chung was charged with a felony crime for cocaine possession and is still playing. Do you really think a civil case involving a he said she said is going to get the Patriots to jump? Chung is a decent player. Brown has been an elite player. NE will give Brown a broad birth. That’s their decision not how I feel before people jump all over me
that's why I said the bolded

I don’t really understand the polygraph part.  She never filed criminal charges against him, so when would a polygraph exam have come into play?  Because filing civil charges/suing somebody wouldn’t involve a polygraph.  I’m thinking maybe her lawyer required one before he would take her case?

The affidavit paints her like a bible reading nun and AB lawyer says she hangs out at the strip club with the homies till close.   

Hopefully some real evidence comes out one way or another.

I don’t really understand the polygraph part.  She never filed criminal charges against him, so when would a polygraph exam have come into play?  Because filing civil charges/suing somebody wouldn’t involve a polygraph.  I’m thinking maybe her lawyer required one before he would take her case?
you can pay someone to give you a polygraph anytime you want...

I think that filing a civil suit fairly well precludes the possibility of a criminal case, doesn't it?  See Bryant, Kobe.  As soon as the complainant filed a civil suit in that situation, the criminal case was dead.
Therein lies the problem. From what I remember, people usually try to launch a criminal case first and then a civil case. Since the legal threshold is harder to prove in a criminal case, that usually makes the civil case a slam dunk if someone is found guilty of a crime. Similarly, even police launching an investigation and filing charges gives credence to allegations in the civil suit. Which is why the involvement of law enforcement could be critical here. 

I note for the record that there is ZERO discussion here regarding the lawyer's response which details accuser asking for $1.6 million investment in a business venture and subsequently filing a civil suit when the request was not granted.

Carry on.

I personally don’t believe a criminal prosecutor should make decisions based on that. 
It simply makes the prosecutor's task very, very, VERY difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.  The defendant almost has built-in "reasonable doubt" (e.g. "the accuser is after $$$" story line).

It simply makes the prosecutor's task very, very, VERY difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.  The defendant almost has built-in "reasonable doubt" (e.g. "the accuser is after $$$" story line).
I know what you’re saying but I disagree that amounts to reasonable doubt. 

Well the NFL and I mean Roger when I say NFL might think differently on this matter.  I would think Roger may take a couple days to think on the matter but AB could be placed on the NFL exemption list(or whatever it is called) till there is an investigation or more details come out. He might play during the investigation if there is one. I doubt it though. If this thing has any bit of a chance of truth to it then he should probably sit till the investigation is at least completed. 
Not to get repetitive, but RG usually wants to see what happens with law enforcement and criminal charges. If the police were never involved, that makes it hard to cite AB for breaking any laws. Guilty of being a bad person and poor judgment, but as far as we know the police were not involved. 

I do wonder if Goodell might have it in for AB for his shenanigans in other venues (of the past 6 months or so), and exempt him.  It's not like the NFL really has any hard-and-fast rules for this stuff.  They seem to make it up as they go along.

Don't know what happened. Not good in any case for Brown's football and fantasy status. We shall see what the court decides.

Don't know what happened. Not good in any case for Brown's football and fantasy status. We shall see what the court decides.
This court doesn’t deal with criminal charges. And a court case starting now easily could take way past football season. 

The name of my 2020 FF teams: [warning: graphic yet on topic]

"I #### my #### on your back."  ~AB

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread