What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (4 Viewers)

I’ve read, could be true but I don’t know, that many victims actually blame themselves for the attack. 
I would venture to say most.  It isn't helped, of course, by the fact that society at large tends to emphasize what victims did wrong immediately after finding out about an attack.

Confusion is somewhat mutual   Believe we both started to take away from the conversation w overly personal views which may hinder others  

fwiw I respect many religions   Not so with folks who believe two rocks rubbed together   This story allegedly involves two "Christians"   I'm not sure why any personal beliefs would play much of a roll in understanding and/or showing any enlighteners if you will   
It was due to the article surrounding her some guidance from the church. You asked me to keep "us" posted. The only one here who asked that of me, no one else., so you are speaking for yourself to direct me in a condescending way. I would be happy to keep you posted on my religious beliefs via private message but no one else asked. Who does "us" ential? I'm confused. Seems no here could give a ####. I hope if rape occurred this POS is deal with accordingly, but my feelings on where she got the guidance are very relevant to the thread based on the new article I asked to have re-posted (which I'm gracious was done so for me). If a women is raped there is no "us" vis him or them. It's universally unacceptable and you're comment was purposely rude and condescending and also received ZERO back up. You should be careful with your words here. Unless you truly want updates as to my beliefs in religion to your privates messages as you requested. Did you request that in jest or seriously?

TLDR: stop being a penis

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, one would think to strengthen her case, she would have cited or attached her police reports and complaints to her civil suit as further evidence or support of her allegations. The inference in not referencing any interaction with law enforcement is that there wasn't any. Again, her case would have been that much stronger had she gone to the police and they launched an investigation. All of that does nothing to prove or disprove her allegations . . . only that it likely would have helped.
We beating this one good and hard...  The woman's church who she sought refuge encouraged a direction   Possibly explaining some caveats 

It's not a legal argument so much as the internal and conversational argument a rapist or other abuser gives while justifying what he's doing to a woman.
Not sure how to phrase it or ask it. Let's say I met someone and had a casual relationship that turned romantic after awhile and we had several encounters over a year. Say we hooked up 4, 5, 6 times. Then after that she opted not to see me anymore and hit me with a civil suit saying I had assaulted her all 6 times. That's what I was alluding to. Would a court consider prior encounters as more than likely consensual as the woman kept coming back for additional encounters? The point being, if the alleged victim really was assaulted multiple times, why would she have continued to engage in the same activities?

I would venture to say most.  It isn't helped, of course, by the fact that society at large tends to emphasize what victims did wrong immediately after finding out about an attack.
Just reading through this thread should give rational and objective observers plenty of reason to understand a victim's reluctance to come forward. 

An alarming percentage of folks are ready to assume that this is all made up.

BB said AB will practice today. When asked if he will play on Sunday, Bill indicated they are taking things one day at a time.

46. In approximately April 2018, Ms. Taylor returned to working during off-season

weekends for Brown.

47. His life, at this point, was in apparent chaos. Many of the people who worked with

him previously had quit, including his chef and another trainer. They could no longer take Brown’s

mistreatment and troubling behavior.1

48. He was also having trouble balancing the responsibilities he had arising out of his

many endorsement deals, including with Campbell’s Soup, Nike, Pepsi, Pizza Hut,

AT&T/DirecTV, and Rite Aid, among others. He showed up late to events he was required to

attend for those sponsors or otherwise failed to hold up his contractual obligations.

49. In the wake of staff defections and the chaos surrounding him, Brown often relied

on Ms. Taylor to take care of his administrative needs when she was there with him on weekends.

She was tasked with booking flights for him, keeping his travel schedule, making sure he arrived

at sponsored events on time, and even babysitting his children
Its stuff like this that sounds so made up imo. I can just imagine how giant of an entourage AB has and he needed this super hot chick to book his flights?  They were partying every weekend they were together would be my guess.  His chef quit?! OMG!

I have seen several places that the exit strategy for AB should have been to just cut her a check and settle BEFORE the case was filed. The next best thing would be to cut her a check to buy her silence and compel her to drop the case. That's the big issue for me here . . . that she apparently asked for money and didn't get it, filed a lawsuit to get money, and the best out for Brown is to give her money. The common denominator there is money. In a criminal setting, it's not just about the money.
True, and that is the downside to going the civil route as money damages are the only thing she can seek.  The victim comes off as a gold digger, but she'd likely be portrayed the same way in criminal court too, under a higher standard of proof, where she is the sole one testifying (he has the right to stay silent), with limited or no physical evidence (semen is likely gone - text messages?).  How'd things go for Big Ben's accuser?  Kobe's?  It seems she and her attorney's made a calculated judgment call to pursue this civilly rather than endure a criminal prosecution where every inference and judgment call works in favor of the Defendant.  All I am saying is that she has that right.      

Not sure how to phrase it or ask it. Let's say I met someone and had a casual relationship that turned romantic after awhile and we had several encounters over a year. Say we hooked up 4, 5, 6 times. Then after that she opted not to see me anymore and hit me with a civil suit saying I had assaulted her all 6 times. That's what I was alluding to. Would a court consider prior encounters as more than likely consensual as the woman kept coming back for additional encounters? The point being, if the alleged victim really was assaulted multiple times, why would she have continued to engage in the same activities?
A court is charged with determining a verdict based on a single case or controversy.  Changing the factual allegations - that this is a romantic relationship where people hooked up 4, 5, 6 times - changes the view of the evidence.

Ultimately, the jury will make a decision on this, unless it is a judge tried case.  What we are looking at are interpretations of facts.  One never knows what the finder of fact will take into account.

What it seems isn't being called forward for the people asking "Why did she keep going back?" it seems simple. Money. Not necessarily in the line of her wanting to extort Brown but that I would guess that AB paid way more for these personal training sessions than she got from a normal consumer. If the claims that she was financially desperate were true, maybe the need for the income overcame the couple revolting experiences prior to the alleged forceful rape.

We beating this one good and hard...  The woman's church who she sought refuge encouraged a direction   Possibly explaining some caveats 
IF you want to feel that the action is chosen reflects that the helpers did not want bad things to happen OR They suggested a route which is not exactly far from conservative I wanna say she even thought she was pregnant at one point Again we don't much appear to all be privy to what is actually available The route chosen is chosen tho for better or worse

It may have appeared she did, in fact, have feelings which just complicated the situation even more

(btw)  Maybe he didn't sound all too innocent as of late also  (Actions speak louder than word's)   Maybe he got some Christians goats who were in his defense to a degree

Why not try this experiment to see how it plays out. 

The next time your wife is watching HGTV walk up behind her and ejaculate on the back of her neck. 

Let us all know how that works out for you. 

I know people will find this an odd take away item from all of this, but an incident like this makes my blood boil on how much the NFL's policies need a major retooling. Their actions, decisions, and rulings on so many things do not align or show any sense of logic, there are rules that have very little definition or spell out appropriate discipline, and those that have defined outcomes rarely get adhered to. Pick your poison . . . PED's drug testing, DV, equipment violations, suspensions, exempt lists, etc. The league literally operates like they are making things up as they go.

Its stuff like this that sounds so made up imo. I can just imagine how giant of an entourage AB has and he needed this super hot chick to book his flights?  They were partying every weekend they were together would be my guess.  His chef quit?! OMG!
And his previous trainer, Idi Smith, among others.  Rather publicly, while trashing Brown on Instagram.  It's been a rather tumultuous couple of years.

I believe he also accused the last person who sued him of trying to make some quick cash.  Of course, that person turned out to be the CEO of Lionheart Capital, so that didn't really work out.

I know people will find this an odd take away item from all of this, but an incident like this makes my blood boil on how much the NFL's policies need a major retooling. Their actions, decisions, and rulings on so many things do not align or show any sense of logic, there are rules that have very little definition or spell out appropriate discipline, and those that have defined outcomes rarely get adhered to. Pick your poison . . . PED's drug testing, DV, equipment violations, suspensions, exempt lists, etc. The league literally operates like they are making things up as they go.
That is exactly what they are doing. Making things up as they go along.

@Anarchy99  I actually believe that he was cutting checks   Maybe the request increased   Maybe the wife called it to cease    Who knows    Why so relevant?  You wanna say there should be a limit to what some consider could be construed as extortion in some form   Once an attorney was notified he may have taken weeks or months to digest everything   Whats she supposed to do?  Notify the rapist that monies are in vain?

Really?  Prior to this accusation, did you seriously think this?
Based on past behavior he just sounds like a guy who thinks he's entitled and could do what he wanted. I also worked at Anthony Becth's summer camp over the last 10 yrs or so after meeting his Sister in college as he didn't have a lot of people when he came home to talk football with. I've met a lot of players and coaches even former ones. Just from the stories I heard of AB over the yrs It doesn't surprise me. Especially the few stories of him trying to make advances to women at clubs who clearly wanted to be left alone. I've also heard a few stories of him cheating on his own GF several times while she was pregnant with one of the kids. Granted I don't know how true a lot of it is but I've heard several stories reminisicent of the ones I've heard from more then a few people. Given what I've heard about the guy nothing surprises me anymore. One person this past summer a former Steeler said that's always been AB about himself and always entitled. Said he was not a great teammate and didn't respect veteran players. The former player then went on to say the Steelers are far from not accountable in this either because they enabled the behavior for yrs and it has spiraled out of control. Just didn't shock him. 

I think Brown is a huge scumbag but he is innocent until proven guilty.   This woman's story doesn't quite add up but this needs to be fully investigated just like all other rape claims before anyone chooses sides.  

Why not try this experiment to see how it plays out. 

The next time your wife is watching HGTV walk up behind her and ejaculate on the back of her neck. 

Let us all know how that works out for you. 
This one fits a situation I already cited. That action obviously wouldn't fly for someone I barely knew . . . and that would be the last time that person would be alone with me. Taken as a single act, that is obviously appalling. However, it makes one pause and wonder if they had an ongoing relationship that he would do something like that. 

If I did something like that with my wife, she would be upset and think it was bizarre behavior. But IMO it would be very unlikely she would break off our relationship. For something like this incident, AB's lawyers will likely argue that they had an ongoing relationship. They will argue it might be a little off the beaten track in terms of what normally people do together, but it would not rise to the level of criminal.

I think the 800 lb gorilla in the room is the last allegation. Kissing someone may fall under the inappropriate category. Doing his business on her back falls in the freaky category. It's the last one that people will most likely find potentially the most damning if he indeed raped her. (People will certainly thing the middle one is bad but I don't think it rises to the level of the full out assault allegation.)

Based on past behavior he just sounds like a guy who thinks he's entitled and could do what he wanted. I also worked at Anthony Becth's summer camp over the last 10 yrs or so after meeting his Sister in college as he didn't have a lot of people when he came home to talk football with. I've met a lot of players and coaches even former ones. Just from the stories I heard of AB over the yrs It doesn't surprise me. Especially the few stories of him trying to make advances to women at clubs who clearly wanted to be left alone. I've also heard a few stories of him cheating on his own GF several times while she was pregnant with one of the kids. Granted I don't know how true a lot of it is but I've heard several stories reminisicent of the ones I've heard from more then a few people. Given what I've heard about the guy nothing surprises me anymore. One person this past summer a former Steeler said that's always been AB about himself and always entitled. Said he was not a great teammate and didn't respect veteran players. The former player then went on to say the Steelers are far from not accountable in this either because they enabled the behavior for yrs and it has spiraled out of control. Just didn't shock him. 
Well if it's always been about AB and he was always entitled then I don't see how you can hold the Steelers or anyone else accountable.

To be honest, the past few years of Brown’s public life have made him sound like someone who either has undiagnosed psychological/psychiatric issues or someone on drugs. 

Throwing a chair in a hotel, domestic violence complaint, longtime friends/employees quitting and publicly saying he wasn’t the man they thought he was, and now this rape allegation.  

@DJackson10 is a pretty blatant racist and pats hater. I think he’s made himself clear 
A racist? You might want to check yourself before making claims like that on people. Is this because I called AB out for calling someone a cracker? I'm by far from a racist. I've called Trump and many on the right out for the racism and other things. I was one of the first to get in a customers face when he was asked by one of my coworkers if he wanted to donate to help Haiti and said he wasn't going to help those Monkey N****rs out." I also defended a customer after a co worker was racist towards her. 

You're right I hate the Pats  though and most of Boston for the racism of their fanbases up there. I think the pats are cocky and cheaters and a bunch of smug ignorant #######s especially Brady and Bill. 

A racist? You might want to check yourself before making claims like that on people. Is this because I called AB out for calling someone a cracker? I'm by far from a racist. I've called Trump and many on the right out for the racism and other things. I was one of the first to get in a customers face when he was asked by one of my coworkers if he wanted to donate to help Haiti and said he wasn't going to help those Monkey N****rs out." I also defended a customer after a co worker was racist towards her. 

You're right I hate the Pats  though and most of Boston for the racism of their fanbases up there. I think the pats are cocky and cheaters and a bunch of smug ignorant #######s especially Brady and Bill. 
racist fans:? #### idiot

Settle down Beavis

Well if it's always been about AB and he was always entitled then I don't see how you can hold the Steelers or anyone else accountable.
I meant from a stand point they could've done more early in his career to try and better control his behavior. Ben and others tried to and then over the last 2 yrs when JuJu arrived he also got incredible jealous of the guy. Coaches and management and Rooney kind of let it slide as an AB being AB. It was more so how if AB was always like this they were surprised he wasn't trading sooner. 

This one fits a situation I already cited. That action obviously wouldn't fly for someone I barely knew . . . and that would be the last time that person would be alone with me. Taken as a single act, that is obviously appalling. However, it makes one pause and wonder if they had an ongoing relationship that he would do something like that. 

If I did something like that with my wife, she would be upset and think it was bizarre behavior. But IMO it would be very unlikely she would break off our relationship. For something like this incident, AB's lawyers will likely argue that they had an ongoing relationship. They will argue it might be a little off the beaten track in terms of what normally people do together, but it would not rise to the level of criminal.

I think the 800 lb gorilla in the room is the last allegation. Kissing someone may fall under the inappropriate category. Doing his business on her back falls in the freaky category. It's the last one that people will most likely find potentially the most damning if he indeed raped her. (People will certainly thing the middle one is bad but I don't think it rises to the level of the full out assault allegation.)
"most likely find the most damning"?

The rape charge is obviously the most damning, and it isn't remotely close.

"most likely find the most damning"?

The rape charge is obviously the most damning, and it isn't remotely close.
I agree with you, but I have seen articles, tv discussions, and radio banter that went to town on the middle one and barely even mentioned the last one.

Any evidence of a "Past relationship" will be her downfall.  It clearly looks like AB had more than "professional relationship" since she stayed with him and went to visit him more than once in the stories being released (in FL?).  There are parts of the story that do not mesh with the allegations.  

And they met at Bible Study!  

:mellow:

It was due to the article surrounding her some guidance from the church. You asked me to keep "us" posted. The only here, not just you, so you are speaking for yourself to direct me in a condescending way. I would be happy to keep you posted on my religious beliefs via private message but no one else asked. Who does "us" confused. Seems no here could give a ####. I hope if rape accord this POS is deal with accordingly, but my feelings on where got the guidance are very relevant to the thread based on the new article I asked to have re-posted (which I'm gracious was done so for me). If a women is raped there is no "us" vis him or them. It's universally unacceptable and you're comment was purposely rude and condescending and also received ZERO back up. You should be careful with your words here. Unless you truly want updates as to my beliefs in religion to your privates messages as you requested. Did you request that in jest or seriously?
Seemed like you were asking for my help but felt the need to point out that you may be one to judge based on beliefs

It's kind of a turn off for me   Sadly you and I will probably read the exact same thing and have a differing view

Seemed like you were asking for my help but felt the need to point out that you may be one to judge based on beliefs

It's kind of a turn off for me   Sadly you and I will probably read the exact same thing and have a differing view
Your help with what? I asked who you meant by "us" you never answered 

Any evidence of a "Past relationship" will be her downfall.  It clearly looks like AB had more than "professional relationship" since she stayed with him and went to visit him more than once in the stories being released (in FL?).  There are parts of the story that do not mesh with the allegations.  

And they met at Bible Study!  
Seriously?  So, if they had a relationship at one point, and he did something to change that relationship,  he's still ENTITLED to have forcible sex with her?

So, if a guy went too far with his GF, tried to convince her to bring in another girl, maybe even attempted to engage in a sexual act (in the heat of the moment-"oh, I didn't know you wouldn't like that) without her consent, so she ended the relationship, but they still had contact with each other, he's entitled to just force her to have sex with him because they had a "Past relationship?"

Very.  But also plausible that she doesn't want him put in prison for this and never reported it, like many victims of sexual violence who knew their attackers.
Dumb question - but in a criminal case, is that her call?  Or is that the call of the judge/jury/in place rule?

no, not her call.  But I think that was what the other poster meant; she didn't file criminal charges, this is a civil lawsuit.
Understood that this is a civil case, not criminal (currently).  Just asking as if it were a criminal case, if she would have any say in his sentence. 

The timing of this accusation is pretty suspect...$300K Lien on her Gymnasium .... I dunno bro.... if a Frog had Pockets....

Users who are viewing this thread