What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (4 Viewers)

:confused:   I'd love to keep two players in a one-keeper league.  Heck of a competitive advantage, there...
not "my one-keeper league".  "My one keeper league," as in that one over there that isn't a redraft league but rather a 2-man keeper

Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of redraft, is everyone pretty much on board with this guy as number one overall? As in, to take anyone else is overthinking and outsmarting yourself? Guy put up 1800 yards last year and didn't have Ben for 4 games. In 3 of those games, he did almost nothing so 2000 yards was definitely in reach, Ben's health appears to be the only issue.
:goodposting:  

In fact, I had him as the number 1 pick last year!  So yeah, him being 1 this year is a no-brainer.  Like you said, the only concern is the health of Roethlisberger, who seems to miss a bit of time nearly every year.  Take him 1st and reap the benefits.  He is Mr. Consistency. 

if he and Ben stay on the field, we'll see records fall.
Absolutely.  I said this last year but it is worth saying again.  I am not a Steelers fan but this offense is going to be really fun to watch.  Health and weed seem to derail the O but I am looking forward to seeing some serious yards and points pile up. 

Redskins RCB Josh Norman will shadow Antonio Brown for some of Monday's opener.
"It's easier to do that when a guy is in one spot all the time," Redskins DC Joe Barry said. "But we will do some (shadowing). We'll deploy a different number of players on him, but they counter-balance that just by moving him around." Brown will also draw attention from tough LCB Bashaud Breeland, but his targets are so voluminous he still has a great claim to No. 1 overall status this week.

Related: Josh Norman

Source: ESPN.com

Well he hasn't quite put up the video game numbers that fantasy owners hoped for/expected.  But with the Ben injury, his value is about to plummet significantly      :X

He could get lots of targets i guess but hard to see a great game for him vs ne
He won't get the number of targets that he gets with Ben because they're going to have to rely much more on the run game.  I think Bell's value will still be high but all Steelers receivers should take a big hit.  At least that's what seemed to happen last year when Vick/Landry were starting.  

The solitary Landry Jones game we got last year (where he was named the starter, prepped as the starter, and Vick didn't play), Jones was admittedly less than stellar (16-29 for 209, throwing 1 TD and 2 INTs) but Brown was the beneficiary to the tune of 6 catches for 124 yards. 

Granted, it was against a fairly bad KC team, but I'm not sure a Big Ben injury automatically necessitates benching Brown. I'll likely still start Brown over Hopkins at Denver and Diggs at Philly.

The solitary Landry Jones game we got last year (where he was named the starter, prepped as the starter, and Vick didn't play), Jones was admittedly less than stellar (16-29 for 209, throwing 1 TD and 2 INTs) but Brown was the beneficiary to the tune of 6 catches for 124 yards. 

Granted, it was against a fairly bad KC team, but I'm not sure a Big Ben injury automatically necessitates benching Brown. I'll likely still start Brown over Hopkins at Denver and Diggs at Philly.
I came to post the same thing.   Vick was horrific for Brown, not exactly Landry. 

I don't think anyone is selling him because he won't have Ben for one, maybe 2 games plus a bye.
Doesn't it depend on the extent of the surgery?  It could either be a "cleanup" (2-6 weeks) or a "repair" (Adrian Peterson) from what I understand.

If Ben is out for the year, Brown's dynasty value takes a significant hit.  He is 29 next year...

Doesn't it depend on the extent of the surgery?  It could either be a "cleanup" (2-6 weeks) or a "repair" (Adrian Peterson) from what I understand.

If Ben is out for the year, Brown's dynasty value takes a significant hit.  He is 29 next year...
DK Pittsburgh Sports reports Ben Roethlisberger underwent a meniscectomy Monday.

Advice: A meniscectomy is the surgical removal of all or part of a torn meniscus. The operation sounds serious, but the recovery timetable is much shorter than for a full repair. It remains possible Ben is back following the Week 8 bye. Landry Jones will start while he is sidelined.

I don't think anyone is selling him because he won't have Ben for one, maybe 2 games plus a bye.
I have him in redraft PPR and really thinking about trading him for a RB, as a WR for WR swap wouldn't make sense to any team. Ben being out 1-3 was a pill I could swallow. Now there are varying reports that it could be 4-6, and that's assuming no setbacks. If Ben is back in time for the playoffs then it may be worthwhile to hold. I guess it depends on what you can get for him. I put out an offer of AB straight for DeMarco and haven't heard back. If you can get someone who puts up similar points to AB, you have to consider it in redraft. AB is likely going to take a hit in points, and I don't think he has a TD in the past 2 years from a QB not named Ben.

I have him in redraft PPR and really thinking about trading him for a RB, as a WR for WR swap wouldn't make sense to any team. Ben being out 1-3 was a pill I could swallow. Now there are varying reports that it could be 4-6, and that's assuming no setbacks. If Ben is back in time for the playoffs then it may be worthwhile to hold. I guess it depends on what you can get for him. I put out an offer of AB straight for DeMarco and haven't heard back. If you can get someone who puts up similar points to AB, you have to consider it in redraft. AB is likely going to take a hit in points, and I don't think he has a TD in the past 2 years from a QB not named Ben.
Ben tends to always come back sooner and beat the odds and everyone praises his toughness.  Seems to happen every year.  I would hold unless blown away with an offer

Ben tends to always come back sooner and beat the odds and everyone praises his toughness.  Seems to happen every year.  I would hold unless blown away with an offer
Yes he does and I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. But, if I could can someone producing at the same level as AB without the drop off in production while Ben is out, it makes sense to make that move.

Still starting brown.  Sure wish the first game without ben wasn't against the fing patriots

Yahoo alert just changed him from healthy to questionable.  Didn't get to watch the game. Did he get dinged up at the end or is this an error?

He left the game with what looked like a hamstring.  He went to the locker room but returned maybe 10 minutes later and played the rest of the game.  Looked fine to me.

He's such a smart player. Really good play when he caught the pass on the sidelines & did a reverse to get out of bounds and then the sweet goal line play. So many times you see these players just do boneheaded things during these pressure situations. Nice to see someone who obviously understood the situation he was in on both plays during that final drive.

Personally I hate Brown in FF since I don't own him, but in real football, I love the guy, he is a true superstar and for me there is no WR in the NFL today I would take over him if I was starting a team today, he does everything great. 

Personally I hate Brown in FF since I don't own him, but in real football, I love the guy, he is a true superstar and for me there is no WR in the NFL today I would take over him if I was starting a team today, he does everything great. 
Works his tail off every day (still), he's not an #######, not really a diva, and he just donated $100k to children's hospital. Love the guy.

I am a huge fan of #84 as I have had him lead my teams to victories the last two years except this year. I love everything about Brown! Why not this year you might ask? Well, the only reason I have the most number of fantasy teams I have ever had (10) is because I was hoping to land a number 1 pick and have Brown lead my team again! It never happened!  Congrats to those who may have won championship with Brown this year!

Users who are viewing this thread