What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (1 Viewer)

I love this guy. He didn't win me one this year but at least gave me hope heading into last night's game. He's just fun to watch.

(Rotoworld) According to Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Antonio Brown "frequently ran the wrong patterns" when he was frustrated this season.

Analysis: Cook attributed the lapses to a "lack of focus" but also wondered whether Brown ran the wrong routes intentionally as a way of pouting for not getting enough touches. In the article Cook makes the case for trading Brown, citing his "look-at-me antics," including an incident against the Dolphins when he prevented the Steelers from running their two-minute offense by jogging back to the line of scrimmage. Brown was also frequently flagged for excessive celebration and was criticized by both Mike Tomlin and Ben Roethlisberger for live-streaming Tomlin's post-game speech after beating the Chiefs in the Divisional Round. Despite some of these head-scratching distractions, Brown was still extremely productive this year and has already begun extension talks with the Steelers.

Just finally got my first share of Antonio Brown in my main dynasty league this week. 

This Brown guy is pretty decent. 

WTH? 3/47 against that secondary, with a good game script as well, Steelers losing for much of it? Anyone see the game can comment? Was it just the current trend of give Bell 30+ touches and throw to everyone but AB?

Last edited by a moderator:
This pissed me off. Didn't see the game but with the emergence of Juju, I wonder if the days of 10-150-1 are over? Sounds like he alligator-armed a big pass.

Definitely short armed a long pass when he heard the footsteps, would not have been a TD, just inside the 10. Maybe 40 yard gain or so if I am remembering correctly, too lazy to look it up. To be fair, 4/90 looks alot better than 3/47.

The Steelers played a poor game all-around, and Ben has not been particularly sharp all season. I think yesterday they made a little more of an effort to get Bryant involved, and JuJu has earned the looks too. The team is winning and Ben is not forcing it to AB like he was earlier in the season, so Steeler fans will take it. Not much else out of the ordinary to report, just a bad game they were very fortunate to escape with a W, and hope for a better showing the next 2 games at home vs. the Titans and Packers.

He was constantly doubled, especially in the red zone. With Juju beating single coverage, there ya go. On JuJu’s TD they were both on screen...Juju winning while AB is tailed by two guys. He did alligator arm that deep ball. 

I'm less worried about JuJu's emergence than I am about Ben. While his play has declined, he's still really good. He's hinted at retirement and if he does retire, that hurts ABs value. Landry Jones does little to inspire confidence. 

I would advocate dealing him away in dynasty. His value will never be higher. 

Three weeks ago I graded Gurley for him straight up as I had Freeman and Ingram. I even posted on the AC and asked Bloom. 100% everyone agreed it was the right trade. And I'm not blaming anyone but myself but man he hasn't done squat for a month now.

I want AB, but wouldnt give up what an owner would want. Nope. Not with guys like Juju emerging and the strong belief that Ben hangs em up

We've already seen the downturn in numbers without Big Ben who has totally lost any ability to hit a deep pass. Usually not enough air under it. Not enough arc on the ball. The less air you put under it, the smaller the window for success. Think Jeff Blake and the punt pass which Russell White uses now and then. Everyone of those passes was catchable. Big Bens are rarely catchable. Can't remember the last 30+ yard (in the air) completion. 

If they have no succession plan in the 2018 draft they will be one of the teams left out in the cold. There are only so many seats at the table. Brown's number will take big hit.

If the WR is good and you throw it up for grabs, you got a good chance it is caught or interference or worst case incomplete. You throw an uncatchable pass, all you do is waste your down.

Ben ON THE ROAD is the biggest concern. Not worried as much about JuJu. What I can't understand is the crowing from guys in this thread about the game AB put up. I guess that's what happens when you're the best wideout in the league. Everyone expects 6/100/1 every week. If Julio or AJG had a couple subpar games (which they have numerous times this season), it's considered an "off week". But AB does it and it's the end of the world. Relax.

And why isn't anyone talking about the catch he made at the end of the game to set up the game-winning FG?

How dare I doubt this man. Hurts that I had to go against Ben and the Steelers DEF last night but AB was a big consolation, first multi td game of the year, hope there are a couple more to come!!

Ben ON THE ROAD is the biggest concern. Not worried as much about JuJu. What I can't understand is the crowing from guys in this thread about the game AB put up. I guess that's what happens when you're the best wideout in the league. Everyone expects 6/100/1 every week. If Julio or AJG had a couple subpar games (which they have numerous times this season), it's considered an "off week". But AB does it and it's the end of the world. Relax.

And why isn't anyone talking about the catch he made at the end of the game to set up the game-winning FG?
Where are the detractors? Haha

They finally decided to stop just handing it to Bell 30+ times and feature their other elite weapon and what do you know? They creamed their opponent instead of staggering over the line for the win.

It's odd though, I know it's not nearly this simple but you feel like they could do this every other week with that level of opportunity, he's so good. The second TD he had was almost un-defendable, the third a perfect example of just throwing it up for your elite weapon to go get it. Makes last week seem even stranger than it did at the time.

Since they play Monday this is more like him missing a Thursday practice than it is a Friday practice. But yeah, I'm slightly concerned. 

Didn’t practice today. Sound the alarms. 
My alarms went off. MNF game and most places I got no backup plan.

If I don't get some kind of comforting updates from a reliable source before my Sunday options are off the table I think I got to sit him.

What really got me a little nervous yesterday, other then all toe injuries make me nervous, was they they described him as returning "soon" and something else I read said he would not be out long.  Both of those comments could be construed as missing some game time.

This guy is so healthy all the time I kind of take it for granted.

Wtf

Why does this always seem to happen to players whose game is Monday night?

Yup. Hard to be confident he’s playing so unless you have Cincy or Steeler backup you are forced to decide to bench.

kicking myself for not getting Bryant when this popped up. I got sucked in my the “he’s fine” stuff. Should have planned for the worst.

My personal backups are Greg Olsen or Corey Coleman. Yuck. Unless there are some miracle reports I’m probably benching him for one of those scrubs.

He hasn’t had the greatest games against Cincy lately :desperatelylookingforbrightside:

Users who are viewing this thread