Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

( •_•)     Seems like Antonio Brown got...       ( •_•)>⌐■-■         (⌐■_■) ...cold feet

He probably got Cold Feet 

I have no love lost for the Raiders as a Bronco fan, but I feel this type of situation needs to be addressed by the NFL. The Raiders did the "right thing" here and in the end, they pay for it by one o

He's such a smart player. Really good play when he caught the pass on the sidelines & did a reverse to get out of bounds and then the sweet goal line play. So many times you see these players just do boneheaded things during these pressure situations. Nice to see someone who obviously understood the situation he was in on both plays during that final drive.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Claymaker said:

Personally I hate Brown in FF since I don't own him, but in real football, I love the guy, he is a true superstar and for me there is no WR in the NFL today I would take over him if I was starting a team today, he does everything great. 

Works his tail off every day (still), he's not an #######, not really a diva, and he just donated $100k to children's hospital. Love the guy.

I am a huge fan of #84 as I have had him lead my teams to victories the last two years except this year. I love everything about Brown! Why not this year you might ask? Well, the only reason I have the most number of fantasy teams I have ever had (10) is because I was hoping to land a number 1 pick and have Brown lead my team again! It never happened!  Congrats to those who may have won championship with Brown this year!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

(Rotoworld) According to Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Antonio Brown "frequently ran the wrong patterns" when he was frustrated this season.

Analysis: Cook attributed the lapses to a "lack of focus" but also wondered whether Brown ran the wrong routes intentionally as a way of pouting for not getting enough touches. In the article Cook makes the case for trading Brown, citing his "look-at-me antics," including an incident against the Dolphins when he prevented the Steelers from running their two-minute offense by jogging back to the line of scrimmage. Brown was also frequently flagged for excessive celebration and was criticized by both Mike Tomlin and Ben Roethlisberger for live-streaming Tomlin's post-game speech after beating the Chiefs in the Divisional Round. Despite some of these head-scratching distractions, Brown was still extremely productive this year and has already begun extension talks with the Steelers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Definitely short armed a long pass when he heard the footsteps, would not have been a TD, just inside the 10. Maybe 40 yard gain or so if I am remembering correctly, too lazy to look it up. To be fair, 4/90 looks alot better than 3/47.

The Steelers played a poor game all-around, and Ben has not been particularly sharp all season. I think yesterday they made a little more of an effort to get Bryant involved, and JuJu has earned the looks too. The team is winning and Ben is not forcing it to AB like he was earlier in the season, so Steeler fans will take it. Not much else out of the ordinary to report, just a bad game they were very fortunate to escape with a W, and hope for a better showing the next 2 games at home vs. the Titans and Packers.

He was constantly doubled, especially in the red zone. With Juju beating single coverage, there ya go. On JuJu’s TD they were both on screen...Juju winning while AB is tailed by two guys. He did alligator arm that deep ball. 

I'm less worried about JuJu's emergence than I am about Ben. While his play has declined, he's still really good. He's hinted at retirement and if he does retire, that hurts ABs value. Landry Jones does little to inspire confidence. 

I would advocate dealing him away in dynasty. His value will never be higher. 

Edited by Ack88

We've already seen the downturn in numbers without Big Ben who has totally lost any ability to hit a deep pass. Usually not enough air under it. Not enough arc on the ball. The less air you put under it, the smaller the window for success. Think Jeff Blake and the punt pass which Russell White uses now and then. Everyone of those passes was catchable. Big Bens are rarely catchable. Can't remember the last 30+ yard (in the air) completion. 

If they have no succession plan in the 2018 draft they will be one of the teams left out in the cold. There are only so many seats at the table. Brown's number will take big hit.

If the WR is good and you throw it up for grabs, you got a good chance it is caught or interference or worst case incomplete. You throw an uncatchable pass, all you do is waste your down.

Edited by lod001

Ben ON THE ROAD is the biggest concern. Not worried as much about JuJu. What I can't understand is the crowing from guys in this thread about the game AB put up. I guess that's what happens when you're the best wideout in the league. Everyone expects 6/100/1 every week. If Julio or AJG had a couple subpar games (which they have numerous times this season), it's considered an "off week". But AB does it and it's the end of the world. Relax.

And why isn't anyone talking about the catch he made at the end of the game to set up the game-winning FG?

Edited by jrwall
On 11/13/2017 at 0:55 PM, Kwai Chang Caine said:

Three weeks ago I graded Gurley for him straight up as I had Freeman and Ingram. I even posted on the AC and asked Bloom. 100% everyone agreed it was the right trade. And I'm not blaming anyone but myself but man he hasn't done squat for a month now.

Looks like he heard you complaining, so there’s a hat-trick for you. 

• Like 1
On 11/13/2017 at 1:38 PM, jrwall said:

Ben ON THE ROAD is the biggest concern. Not worried as much about JuJu. What I can't understand is the crowing from guys in this thread about the game AB put up. I guess that's what happens when you're the best wideout in the league. Everyone expects 6/100/1 every week. If Julio or AJG had a couple subpar games (which they have numerous times this season), it's considered an "off week". But AB does it and it's the end of the world. Relax.

And why isn't anyone talking about the catch he made at the end of the game to set up the game-winning FG?

Where are the detractors? Haha

They finally decided to stop just handing it to Bell 30+ times and feature their other elite weapon and what do you know? They creamed their opponent instead of staggering over the line for the win.

It's odd though, I know it's not nearly this simple but you feel like they could do this every other week with that level of opportunity, he's so good. The second TD he had was almost un-defendable, the third a perfect example of just throwing it up for your elite weapon to go get it. Makes last week seem even stranger than it did at the time.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...